Welcome to Gaia! ::

Attila The Chad's Widower

Bad Boy

//covers signature in shame redface

Sup! So this was being talked about in the client circles (yes, I'm lurking and reading the things you write ninja ) - that thing about having way many outfits, but having no art for each of them. Matching being a very important thing on Gaia, there have been discussions about cases in which users really, really wanted to wear an outfit, but just wouldn't change out of the old one because the drawings in their signature would no longer match their look... or that they had to wait weeks before they got new art of their outfit, before they could change into it.

A long time ago, this wasn't really a problem because there weren't so many items out, but nowadays, with items out almost dailt, I believe a lot of us here may be experiencing something called Avatar ADD. We love buying new items and changing almost each day. But then, we hit a block - and that's called The Perfect Match. That means Username, Signature, Profile and Avatar, by the way. Some people go as far as to get their Towns Homes to match their whole look. There's an underlying anxiety to present ourselves well in a social environment most of the time, and this isn't very different.

So main question, how far would you go for a perfect match?

yum_donut Do you try to match everything, down to name, avatar, signature, profile, home, journal, post style?

yum_donut In terms of art, do you even go as far as to collect art of each outfit you own from one particular artist, just so the style won't run for you? Or do you just buy them from different people, and wait it out?

yum_donut Or do you really just, well, wing what you can't afford or can't wait for anymore?

Shirtless Vampire

I have "set" outfits I use, that I paid to have art made of.
If I were to make a new outfit, I would look around to buy something that went with it better.
I've been using these images and catch line for years. So no, I don't try to match stuff.

Alcopops's Pardner

Bloodthirsty Bunny

33,440 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Miasmal Researcher 200

User Image

nope, i don't match things. i change my avatar too much to really care about what goes on in my signature or my post style. I do get art from my lovely friends but I will show that off regardless of what my avatar is :33

Perfect Saint

I used to, but then I haven't changed my sig as often as I had in the past.

Adventuring Cat

I sometimes feel a little weird if my signature is a theme that's off from my avatar. For a long time it was a chibi Forest Speyer (zombie Forest is my husbando. Don't judge me! ninja ) and I guess it looked a little weird with cute avatars.

I guess Stantler can go with anything.

But if I changed my sig every time I changed my avatar that would get annoying fast. I do have a file with img tagged urls that I can just paste in. But I started to get lazy and paste random junk in there rather than make a new file. Now it's a mess. One of these days I should get organised or something. sweatdrop

Dantrech's Princess

Demure Trash

I mostly have art for the avi in my siggy art... xD and since I change tooooo much my avi, almost never match it LOL

but that's my fav avi.. so I don't mind whee

Demonic Lover

I def feel weird about it uo u wich is why the last two times I bought art I requested a random outfit by the artist C: I gave her more or less what my Vivi would wear (she's also one of my best friends here so she knew) and she drew something fitting! my outfit might not match but it wasn't supposed to~ you could clearly see it was my Vivi though C: wich is the point <3

I go from comfy casual and sweaters to barely clothed demon drag in like a second lol so normal Gaia outfits could be a needle scratch in my siggy imo

I think it's really cool when users have good art of their current avis in their signatures, and even better when it's an artist and we can see how they interpret their avi's outfit (Samanthai does this and I love how it comes to life).

Alien Elder

27,440 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Candy Massacre 50
xd If more people would actually do art for my avi here in Gaia, why the wookin' hell not?

Matching post styles, names, profile and other onsite shiznit ain't cutting it for me though. Too much good stuff here to be stuck on one format alone.

mrgreen Staff won't be liking the stuff I'd like to post in my siggies most of the time anyway ( I think one of the Hannibal sigs got blocked twice or thrice).

Timid Cat

35,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Winged 100

That's practically the reason why I don't have sig art. I keep changing them too frequently to buy art of the outfit. I've been wearing this for some time now (See 2 weeks at most), but at most I'd get/make a bust picture since I really do like this hairstyle.

Then there's also the artist eye and mood set of "I can draw myself for these prices." but then again that was back in...2010? 2009? so I don't know how the avatar art prices have fluctuated.

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I tried to match everything before. Username, avi theme, signature, profile, etc. but I got tired of it eventually. Now I use themes and color schemes on my avi that I wouldn't have tried years ago.

Kawaii Protagonist

41,925 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Married 100
  • Brilliant Light 450
Art of any avatar of mine seems like such a luxury to me that I could never possibly understand. redface
Just having someone depict my avatar in a way would make me so happy I would display it 24/7 in my signature whether it matched my current "look" or not.

Shirtless Vampire

Ekkusu_X

That's practically the reason why I don't have sig art. I keep changing them too frequently to buy art of the outfit. I've been wearing this for some time now (See 2 weeks at most), but at most I'd get/make a bust picture since I really do like this hairstyle.

Then there's also the artist eye and mood set of "I can draw myself for these prices." but then again that was back in...2010? 2009? so I don't know how the avatar art prices have fluctuated.

The art prices have gone up as well.
If you want to take a real look take a gander under the Mini Shop/Art Shop section.
Short story, if you are lucky you can get something nice for around 1 - 10 bil.

Celestial Spirit

I've been meaning to draw something for my signature for a long time now, and still haven't. There's just no way I would make a new image for every avi, regardless, even though I often keep the same one for weeks! I'm just not that motivated, I'm afraid.

Stellar Succubus

I don't match to my username as much as I once did... but the succubus demon is almost always still there somewhere.

I do not collect art. I cannot afford to collect art. And no one will draw my avatars anyway.

The only time I have art is when it's been gifted (very very very rare) or when I draw it myself (also very very very rare)

But I don't mind if I see other users with mismatching signature art, sometimes I like the familiarity of the same art. Especially if they shift between a few characters. I think I actually have about three or four set characters now, very different. I should commission some group art of them all so Ill always match XD

Though how well would a pastel angel, a cmyk party demon, a black, red and gray succubus, and a stagony/melty forest ghost maiden look or mix together. (I think cmyk/rainbow party demon is my main go to though... she'd be top priority... see this is whyyyyy I can't decide!)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff