Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Consumer

9,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
  • Consumer 100
Thoughts? I just won a three month membership to my local leisure centre and they have classes. Have any of you guys tried it? Would you recommend it?

Nimble Angel

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Luck of the Draw 50
I haven't actually tried Pilates since it's usually a very popular class and therefore almost always fully booked.

I do Hatha Yoga and would definitely recommend it if it's available. For me it's been a natural cortisol (stress) reducer and it allows you to focus on the elongation of your body, as well as the synchronisation of your breathing and an overall innate spiritual self-awareness.
I would definitely recommend pilates & yoga. Though, I've only tried pilates, I think yoga has positive effects on your health.
I say go for it because both exercises will be nothing but beneficial for you.

Greedy Fatcat

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Wall Street 200
Does anyone here do blogilates?

Friendly Consumer

9,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
  • Consumer 100
xMusicloverr

I've just started it, why what's up?

Greedy Fatcat

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Wall Street 200
bellamyclarke
xMusicloverr

What do you think about it? I may switch from kayla itsine's bbg to it

Friendly Consumer

9,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
  • Consumer 100
xMusicloverr
bellamyclarke
xMusicloverr

link me to kayla? i like it, videos are kind of annoying sometimes, but i love her workout calenders and challenges. if you go to blogilates.com you can access all the calenders, and if you sign up for newsletter you get codes for the monthly ones.

Greedy Fatcat

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Wall Street 200
bellamyclarke
xMusicloverr
bellamyclarke
xMusicloverr

link me to kayla? i like it, videos are kind of annoying sometimes, but i love her workout calenders and challenges. if you go to blogilates.com you can access all the calenders, and if you sign up for newsletter you get codes for the monthly ones.

http://www.kaylaitsines.com/ kayla's popular in the fitness community on instagram and her guide is a bit pricey (unless you torrent wink ) but it isn't yoga or pilates. What she does is called plyometrics, which are jumping workouts. They're hell but it's so so so effective

Friendly Consumer

9,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
  • Consumer 100
xMusicloverr
bellamyclarke
xMusicloverr
bellamyclarke
xMusicloverr

http://www.kaylaitsines.com/ kayla's popular in the fitness community on instagram and her guide is a bit pricey (unless you torrent wink ) but it isn't yoga or pilates. What she does is called plyometrics, which are jumping workouts. They're hell but it's so so so effective

i don't really like the look of it tbh. i prefer blogilates, as it works on fitness, flexibility, and health as well as weight loss. I'm focusing on getting healthier not so much losing weight, I'm actually trying to gain weight at the moment. But I'm unable to play basketball to keep fit anymore so I'm trying to keep fit more so then lose weight.

OG Noob

5,900 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Both are very swell. I do both personally and I enjoy it. Pilates breaks a sweat and yoga makes you shake.

Chatty Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Megathread 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
I've tried both, and I also have a DVD workout that incorporates both into one workout. Highly recommend it! They don't seem like you're working out very hard but they're great workouts! You'll really feel it and it helps you become more flexible, which can help you avoid workout injuries.
Pilates is truly amazing for me. I tried yoga but did not feel as satisfied with it...It felt more like a relaxing spiritual experience then a real workout but thats just my opinion. I love Ana Caban's workouts and shes actually done a video with Cassey from Blogilates on youtube.
I like both - Pilates and Yoga. Several years ago I had a significant injury to my back and used pilates early in my recovery. The pilates classes I went to utilized the traditional pilates equipment (bed and reformer), which allowed me to isolate muscles. After a full recovery I was able to run a marathon. It was crazy - I went from not being able to walk a block to running a marathon. After completing physical therapy and pilates I moved up to Bickram yoga (or hot yoga). I found that very relaxing and great for elongating and strengthening my muscles. I recommend both classes, but it's important to figure out where you are in your fitness regiment and pair the classes to your need appropriately. Good luck and enjoy!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff