Welcome to Gaia! ::

I recently got my old job back, with an unofficial agreement that I would get a promotion once I re-learn the hang of things. How ever my boss is enforcing some illegal policies that I want to bring to the attention of the staff.

If I do I'm done. They won't fire me but I'll never get to the promotion, I'll be a coffee stooge forever, or until I get a better job.

Butterfly Prince

Do it on the sly.

Smoker

What exactly are these Illegal polices?
EliteDanneh
Do it on the sly.

They'll know it was me. I just started and my undergrad is law related, plus I was a bit of a s**t disturber last time I was there.
Insane abizon

Can't talk about how much you make, and being ale to take time off to vote.
Well when you get promoted and s**t hits the fan GG

Smoker

K0 J0E
Insane abizon

The 1st one makes sense as it may cause a divide between management and employees.
Voting for what? The president? That election is a year away. The polls are generally open till a late hour, so unless your working 6am-10pm I don't see how those are illegal in anyway.
I mean how exactly will you be able to prove you told someone how much you make? What if someone is making less than you and feels that's unfair (if you have been there lets say 5 years and they are new) Decides to try and change it so you make the same as her/him? How would you feel? Or the opposite, she/he now makes as much as you even though she's/he's brand new? These polices are a bit strange but not illegal.
For the voting one, just request the time off under another thing? Doctor appointment, Court, Jury duty. You can not be fired or demoted for requesting time off for those. The 3rd one he/she has to give you time off, that's the law.
Insane abizon
K0 J0E
Insane abizon

The 1st one makes sense as it may cause a divide between management and employees.
Voting for what? The president? That election is a year away. The polls are generally open till a late hour, so unless your working 6am-10pm I don't see how those are illegal in anyway.
I mean how exactly will you be able to prove you told someone how much you make? What if someone is making less than you and feels that's unfair (if you have been there lets say 5 years and they are new) Decides to try and change it so you make the same as her/him? How would you feel? Or the opposite, she/he now makes as much as you even though she's/he's brand new? These polices are a bit strange but not illegal.
For the voting one, just request the time off under another thing? Doctor appointment, Court, Jury duty. You can not be fired or demoted for requesting time off for those. The 3rd one he/she has to give you time off, that's the law.

In Canada, the election is on monday. I live in a really rural place, some polling stations are remote with dumb hours. Since the election is on Monday there isn't the time to request time off, also some people still need to work but still want to vote. The law means that they can come or go a little later while still working most of their shift.

The first one, it doesn't matter if it makes sense it's still illegal. Besides it still hurts the employees.

Smoker

K0 J0E
Insane abizon
K0 J0E
Insane abizon

In Canada, the election is on monday. I live in a really rural place, some polling stations are remote with dumb hours. Since the election is on Monday there isn't the time to request time off, also some people still need to work but still want to vote. The law means that they can come or go a little later while still working most of their shift.

The first one, it doesn't matter if it makes sense it's still illegal. Besides it still hurts the employees.

Well I'll leave you here as I know nothing of Canadian laws, or policies.
Good luck

Nine-tailed Fox

18,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Summer Pride 100
go to college or uni if you havent yet and get qualified for something that pays more

R1NDO's Buddy

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500
K0 J0E
Insane abizon
K0 J0E
Insane abizon

Why didn't the people request to take time off before today? I'm sure the election didn't happen by surprise?

And not being allowed to talk about your wage is standard in many places.
Even if it's illegal in your country to ask this of your employees, it's surely not worth giving up a promotion over this matter...
that fat cat
go to college or uni if you havent yet and get qualified for something that pays more

I have a Master's degree. If I could get something that pay's more I would have it by now.

Nine-tailed Fox

18,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Summer Pride 100
K0 J0E
that fat cat

I have a Master's degree. If I could get something that pay's more I would have it by now.
ur a grad student?
what's your masters in?

Demonic Warlock

44,375 Points
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
K0 J0E
that fat cat

Is there no advanced poll options where you are dear? I'm in Cape Breton & there are advanced poll options so you can go before Monday.
Ven Loki
K0 J0E
Insane abizon
K0 J0E
Insane abizon

Why didn't the people request to take time off before today? I'm sure the election didn't happen by surprise?

And not being allowed to talk about your wage is standard in many places.
Even if it's illegal in your country to ask this of your employees, it's surely not worth giving up a promotion over this matter...

Some people still need to work on this day to be able to afford things like rent and food, they can't take off an entire shift, also there is a shortage of employees, even if they asked for it off it's likely they would be refused.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff