Welcome to Gaia! ::

I recently made an account on MAL to keep track of those series/movies I've watched and those I want to watch. However, I've been watching anime semi-regularly since I was in elementary school (I'm now 26) and it's tough to remember them all. I'll frequently remember one and rush to add it to my list before I forget it again lol

I've logged 74 so far, but I know I've seen a lot more than that. So, do you guys keep a record of what you've seen? If so, where do you stand? Or, if not, how do you remember what you've seen and if you liked/disliked it?

Alien Cosmonaut

I barely remember over half of what I've seen, just that I've seen it. On MAL I rank everything I don't really remember a 6 or a 7 to be fair, lower if I remember not liking it a whole lot. I'm almost always adding stuff to the list I know I saw ages ago, but know I've seen for sure. According to my list I've "completed" (that's being generous, I know there's episodes I've skipped over) 182 things but realistically I'm sure it's closer to 200.

User Image

Kawaii Shounen

lol your asking the impossible.
to many that I forgot to count.
gumballhead
I recently made an account on MAL to keep track of those series/movies I've watched and those I want to watch. However, I've been watching anime semi-regularly since I was in elementary school (I'm now 26) and it's tough to remember them all. I'll frequently remember one and rush to add it to my list before I forget it again lol

I've logged 74 so far, but I know I've seen a lot more than that. So, do you guys keep a record of what you've seen? If so, where do you stand? Or, if not, how do you remember what you've seen and if you liked/disliked it?

I started keeping a list around seven years ago when I started to get into subs (3 years on a Word document and 4 years on MAL). I don't bother logging anything I saw in my childhood, tweens, and early teens for the reasons you stated. You really can't properly rate them since it has been so long and because you've outgrown the target age. Also, I really can't say I watched every single episode, or I can't figure out how many times I re-watched a series.

Right now my MAL says 455 but only 400 of them are actual TV series while the others are movies, OVAs, and Specials. If I don't count sequels, it's probably around the 300ish mark.
Ezkibel
gumballhead

I started keeping a list around seven years ago when I started to get into subs (3 years on a Word document and 4 years on MAL). I don't bother logging anything I saw in my childhood, tweens, and early teens for the reasons you stated. You really can't properly rate them since it has been so long and because you've outgrown the target age. Also, I really can't say I watched every single episode, or I can't figure out how many times I re-watched a series.

Right now my MAL says 455 but only 400 of them are actual TV series while the others are movies, OVAs, and Specials. If I don't count sequels, it's probably around the 300ish mark.

Wow, that is impressive! I added what I could remember from my childhood, as well as stuff from my teens. I did't rate anything, though. I feel like I can adequately remember which series I liked and which I didn't, so I'm not too concerned about rating anything right now. As you said, it wouldn't really be fair to rate something you haven't seen in several years.
gumballhead
Ezkibel
gumballhead

Wow, that is impressive! I added what I could remember from my childhood, as well as stuff from my teens. I did't rate anything, though. I feel like I can adequately remember which series I liked and which I didn't, so I'm not too concerned about rating anything right now. As you said, it wouldn't really be fair to rate something you haven't seen in several years.

You can probably google a list of anime that has aired in your country and then skim it for familiar titles.
gumballhead

Really it would be impossible for me to make a MAL account to list all the anime series/OVA's/ONA's/Movies I watched. I been an avid anime fan for over 30 years. In that process I have watched over 5000 different anime which about where I stopped the list I was making since I wanted create and MAL account and thought really it to much work. A lot of times I check an anime mentioned and remember I watched it already. Even then I did not count the ones I got bored with and did not finish the series.

Moonlight Conversationalist

I've sen a lot, but only recently started logging them on MAL. Hard to remember what all I watched/read before it existed and I forget to update it anyways. emotion_facepalm

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
I lost track years ago. first anime I watched that I knew was made in Japan (while watching it, not finding out years later) was back in 1984 so I've been watching it for so long it's really hard to remember everything.

Golden Spark

Quite a couple, like a hundred?

Yeah I record whatever I have seen so far now.

Makes it easier if I don't have the time to finish the anime and then come back continuing the series after I know how much episodes I have completed.

Invisible Hunter

11,775 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
Too many to remember.

Shy Prophet

20 and below
My MAL has 362 entries but 307 completed. I haven't updated since spring though. MAL is great to look for an older series to watch when the current anime isn't good enough.

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I think I have around 200 listed in MAL but I think only 130 of those are TV series.

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Completed series? Around 300-ish give or take a few. I've also dropped like close to 200 series/movies, though some of those I just lack access too and can't be bothered to find them again, its not necessarily that I dislike all of them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff