Welcome to Gaia! ::

just a role-play between xwindsongx and i about some stuff...

some things...

you know. important secret, ghoul stuff

it sure would be a tragedyedyedyedyedy
It had been a rather…eventful day on the job, though with his partner things always seemed to take an eventful turn. He was naïve, he supposed. Wanting to believe the good in people and it was always those people who turned out to be the enemy – the ones who didn’t feel the same of him. As a 1st rank investigator, he had to learn quickly about how ghouls operated. Thankfully, his partner seemed to have such a good intuition about situations and people. The man was strange, but damn did Amon respect him.

Even so, it felt good to catch a break. He had decided to go out with a couple of his fellow investigators from work to catch a bite to eat. There was a nice restaurant only a few blocks away. He frequented it every so often. At least until he had seen a certain waitress there that he had seen elsewhere on several occasions, so he tried not to seem weird by coming in there. One of his colleagues had never been there before and insisted. Unfortunately, he had to oblige. The odds of him being seated in her section were slim to none given how much later it was. The dinner rush was sure to have died down at this point of the night. Little did he know how wrong he was.
====
This wasn’t how she expected her night to be. She planned to walk home after having dinner with her friend’s parents, do her homework, and then turn in for the night. Instead, she felt like something was off – almost as if a set of eyes were watching her. When she looked around, she saw nothing. That made it even more unsettling. It wasn’t as if she walked home carelessly without watching her surroundings; she was careful. What made it worse was the closer she got to her street, the less populated it became. Her quick steps turned into a brisk run from the panic.

She was probably being paranoid. It just made her feel better to run, she guessed. Kaiko didn’t want to look behind her. There was always this childhood fear that if she did, something would be there. Usually there never was. Against her gut instinct, she looked over her shoulder. Thankfully, nothing. “You’re so paranoid…jeez.” She said aloud, slowing her run down to a jog. Her breath caught in her throat when she turned back to see something in front of her. It loomed. Eyes glowing beneath the – wait. “Are you wearing a paper plate on your face?” Yes, it was a ghoul. Was she scared? Yes. Was it hard to be because of the paper plate? Definitely.

“You've got a pretty mouth. I want it.” He said, laughing. “Give it to me…no wait. Run. I want to chase you. I want the thrill of hunting you down and tearing your mouth from your face.” He stood there hunched over, long arms hanging in front of him.

Okay, she was scared now. Kaiko turned around fast and sprinted again. Nope, nope, nope – she did not think her measly pocket knife would even make him feel threatened. Plus she liked her mouth on her face where it belonged.
Another long day, one that still wasn't over. Ayane had the night shift tonight at the restaurant she worked at in the First Ward. It was a little risky to work so closely to the CCG Nest, but work was work, and she took what she could get. This was one of her four jobs she worked on top of going to school. And even still she and her mother lived in one of the more 'ghetto' parts of Tokyo.

Ayane turned when a small bell chimed as a group of men walked into the building. Her breath caught in her throat for a moment as she saw them. A few of them she didn't recognize, but a few she did. They were all ghoul investigators. Though she did her best not to come off as suspicious, and to stay under their radar, there would always be fear there in her mind when she was in such close proximity to any of them. She'd lost many people that were close to her to the hands of the CCG. She didn't want to be the next name on their list.

She watched as the hostest lead them through the tables, and she absently prayed they wouldn't be seated in her section. Crap. She'd jinxed it and watched as they were seated. She took a deep breath before slowly making her way toward them. As she did she noticed the largest of them. She'd seen him around a lot lately, in various places. Part of her wondered if she was a target of his, but she pushed the thought away. He'd never seemed to pay much attention to her in any of the places she'd run into him. So it wasn't likely he was after her. She smiled as she got close to the table. “Good evening, gentlemen.” she paused glancing around at them. “What can I start you off with to drink?”

- - - -

Ayato signed glancing up at sky for a moment. Where the hell were those little brats? Lately there had been a group of young boys terrorizing the ward. It was becoming increasingly harder for the Aogiri to move within the ward with those brats running a muck, especially since Rize had been causing panic to spread with her binge eating. It was getting ridiculous. Eto and Tartara were getting irritated, and finally they'd given the orders for him to take the bratty nuisance out.

Hours. Ayato had been standing on the roof of an apartment building for hours waiting for them to show their stupid faces, but he'd seen nothing and no one. The ward was oddly quiet tonight, which was irritating. Nine o'clock had just rolled around when Ayato finally saw the first sign of movement. But after taking a closer look he saw it was just a girl, a human. He huffed in irritation until he finally saw someone seem to appear down the street in front of her.

He watched for a moment, waiting to make sure the boy was who he was looking for. Though they were quite a bit away, he could still hear what the boy said. Ayato rolled his eyes before sliding his mask down onto his face. He hadn't wanted to wear his mask, he'd wanted the boy to know who it was taking him out, but with a human there, that wasn't an option anymore. He waited for a moment watching as the girl turned and ran, but the boy caught up to her quickly. It was once the boy pinned her to the building he was standing on that Ayato jumped. He was only a few meters from the ground before he allowed his kagune to slow him down. As he landed he grabbed the boy by the collar of his shirt. “You know, it's trash like you and your friends that give ghouls a bad name.” he said tossing the boy hard to the ground. “Couldn't even get yourself a proper mask?” He asked noticing the flimsy paper around the boy's face.

As Ayato approached the boy, he turned to look at the girl “Leave.” he barked. “Now!” he commanded before turning back to the boy. “You and your friends have been causing quite a problem for me.” Ayato said before shooting shards from his kagune at the boy, listening as he screamed in agony. “But that's over. First I kill you, then I'm going to find your friends and kill them as well.”
Of course. Of course they had to be seated in her section. It wasn’t as if Amon paid particular attention to the woman; he had just noticed that he had seen her around here or there. Mostly brief glances of ‘oh it’s her’ and going back to his business. The more frequent it had become, the more nervous he had become. He was a rather tall man and could come off as intimidating unintentionally. Then again, she may not have paid enough attention. If he kept quiet about it and let it just be a coincidence, it’d be fine.

Instantly when the waitress asked them what drinks, Amon looked absolutely appalled and embarrassed as his colleague decided to be ‘classy’.

“How about you? I could drink in your figure all day.” The man stated, laughing. He roused a laugh from another. It wasn’t until he got the disapproving look from Amon that they both stopped. “Kill joy…I’ll take sake.” Most of the others followed his lead in ordering alcoholic beverages and a ridiculous amount of appetizers.

Amon rested his hand on his forehead. Some of them were great investigators. As men? Well, they were obviously men to a fault. He imagined if that woman had seen him before, she’d associate him with these guys. Friends or not – he wasn’t as rowdy as them. These were the times he needed better friends who didn’t harass waitresses. Nothing he could do about that now but not be a creep, he guessed. He ordered his beverage, deciding to pass on an appetizer.
===
Her running seemed to be futile. She was caught up to and smashed against the side of the building. Her head was spinning and the air was caught in her lungs. She pushed her one free hand against his neck, trying to keep his face away from hers. He smelled weird and she didn’t want him getting in her face. Thankfully before he could even touch her with his gross mouth, he was yanked away. Kaiko had crumpled down to her knees, realizing that paper plate face was the one who had been keeping her up sickeningly enough. Her eyes widened, just staring at the scene before her.

It wasn’t until she heard ‘go’ that she had to pull herself together. Instead of arguing, she ran. She didn’t fully leave though; she waited by the end of the building and pressed her back against it to catch her breath and process what happened. The screams made her cringe, but that didn’t matter. Whoever was behind that mask…they—no he. He sounded male. He saved her. She wanted to thank him. To do something.

“S-stop…It hurts.” The boy cried, yelping in pain when he was hit with the shards. He didn’t attack yet; he was far too intimidated despite his best efforts not to be. “Look – this isn’t claimed territory. I’m not causing any problems. I just wanted to collect a part of her, was all. We coulda shared, if you wanted? I’m sure she’s still around. We could go after her…” He laughed nervously, eyes wide.
Ayane kept a smile on her face despite the awful comment. Her smile only widened some as she held back her thoughts. I could kill you before you could ever see it coming But the man she'd seen around shot his friend a look which caused them to stop. She nodded when they all one by one began ordering their drinks and appetizers, writing them down on her small order pad as they did. “Alright. I'll be back in just a moment with your drinks.” she said before turning and leaving.

It only took her a few moments to get their drinks and put their appetizer order into the kitchen. With their drinks in tow, she returned to the table, setting the glasses each in front of their respected owners. “Are you ready to order? Or do you all still need a few more minutes?” she asked as she set the last drink down in front of the man she'd seen around before.

- - - -
Ayato paid no attention to the girl as she ran away. His eyes were focused on the boy in front of him. Though it couldn't be seen a smirk spread across his face from beneath his black rabbit mask when the boy told him to stop because it hurt. “It's only going to hurt more.” Ayato mused.

He let out a short laugh when the boy spoke of the territory being unclaimed. “Funny, kid.” he said before moving closer. With a quick glance over his shoulder noticing the girl was gone he slid his mask up so the boy could see his face. “You think you're entitled to territory. You're weak.” he paused. “Only the strong get to claim territory.” he said before squatting next to the boy. “But you're wrong to think you aren't causing any problems” Ayato said before grabbing the boy by the throat. “You and your friends are bringing unwanted attention to this ward. And that's a problem for me.” he squeezed at the boy's throat. “It's already bad enough the binge eater is causing everyone to be on alert in the twentieth, we don't need a bunch of doves flocking into wards where they don't belong.” Ayato's once smirk was now stoic, though the anger could be seen in his eyes. “For that, you and your friends will pay. Starting with you.”
Thankfully the comment didn’t get any negative consequences; though he was sure she thought something pretty nasty. Couldn’t blame her in that regard. Even so, he hoped his colleagues would keep their mouths shut and order food without asking if she was on the menu or anything else that their perverse minds wandered off to. Amon kept his gaze at his two colleagues in particular, making sure they felt uncomfortable enough to actually just focus on him and order.

It seemed to have that affect. They were unnerved and just managed to get out their orders only. He set down his menu and inwardly smiled, placing his own order promptly after. Things were going nicely. The waitress was well-mannered and the atmosphere was nice. Even at this time of the night, he felt strangely relaxed. It was well deserved. His eyes glanced out the window, seemingly unfocused as they watched people pass by. The chattering of his colleagues seemed like a distant noise in his ears as he found himself lost in thought. Sometimes he liked to wonder how many ghouls were among them – hiding as ordinary people and biding their time.
It was a sick thought, he supposed. Not everyone was a ghoul. The odds of that were impossible.

“Koutarou.” It took a second time for his name to be called before he shook out of his thoughts. “Sorry, I was thinking.” He stated.

“Yeah, she is pretty hot.” Another said.

“No…Not about…that.” Amon retorted. She was pretty; he just hadn’t been thinking about that. He felt like he might dig himself a deeper grave if he corrected himself.
===
“S-shut up…This isn’t your territory. I’ve never seen you around here before. Look, I’ll walk away…pretend I never saw you.” With his throat grabbed, he felt it harder to speak. He wriggled against the grasp, clawing at the arm. He was too rattled to use his kagune; he wasn’t thinking straight. “It isn’t…we aren’t drawing…attention.” He managed, gritting his teeth. “That damn binge-eater is the problem. We don’t eat everything in sight like that—“ he found it hard to breath when he realized who he was dealing with. Wait – he was from. This was bad.

“I won’t do it anymore…I won’t target them anymore…” He said fearfully, eyes wide from terror. He was going to die. It didn’t matter. This ghoul was stronger. Way too strong for him to take on.

Now it was a ghoul fight! Kaiko pressed her hands against the wall, wishing she could watch. It seemed a little sick. It wasn’t that she was interested in the violence; she just wanted to see what was going on. Some of their conversation was muffled. Still, it was kind of cool. The one who saved her sounded strong. In the back of her mind, she did think that he could target her next. It made sense territorially, right? Kill the ghoul encroaching on your potential territory. Eat the food. In this situation, it didn’t make sense though. Ghouls really led hard lives, didn’t they?
Ayane wrote down their orders. “I'll get your order put into the kitchen, and I'll be back in a few minutes with your appetizers.” she told them before taking her leave, heading back for the kitchen again. After putting their order in, she hung around the server station watching them.

“Don't you get nervous? You know, serving them?” A soft voice came from beside her. She turned to see a busboy, speaking to her. They lived in the same neighborhood. She'd actually helped him when a group of older ghouls cornered him in her territory. They'd gotten a large stock of food for her mother that night. After that he'd become one of the few people she was friends with. She'd helped him get this job.

“Yes. But as long as you don't act suspicious, they are too stupid to know any better.” she told him in the same hushed voice. “Don't worry about them. Just do your job like you always do, and pretend they aren't there, and aren't inspectors.” she told him with a smile. “It'll be okay.” she told him giving his shoulder an encouraging pat before going back into the kitchen to getting their appetizers.

With the assorted plates in tow she made her way back to their table slowing setting the plates down. “Can I get you anything else while you wait?” she asked with a smile.

- - - - -
“This is my territory.” Ayato hissed squeezing harder. “I'm claiming it now.” he said watching as the boy finally came to some sort of realization. “You're right.” Ayato said as the boy began to plead for his life. “You won't.” Ayato said before letting go of the boy's throat. Ayato smirk standing back up. “I'm going to kill you. But first, run. I want to chase you. I want the thrill of hunting you down and tearing you limb from limb.” He said using the boy's own words against him.
“No, we’re fine.” Amon stated, shrugging slightly. He didn’t think it was necessary for them to ‘need’ anything else aside from perhaps a refill of drinks at this point. With all of the food everyone ordered, he doubted anyone of them would be ready for dessert either. It was almost awe-inspiring how much food these men could pack away. It wasn’t that he couldn’t rally the troops and eat enough for an army either; he just wasn’t feeling up to it tonight.

It wasn’t long before everyone was finished and paying their way. Amon took it upon himself to slip the waitress an extra bit of tip. She had deserved it after the comments she had received. The way she handled herself really made her all the more deserving. The others pushed their way out of the booth, moving toward the exit. Most were clearly intoxicated. He decided to gather all of the little trays and stack them together, before waiting for the waitress to come back. He felt the need to…clear the air. Perhaps it may have been awkward of him to do so. Who even knew if she had noticed him all of those times prior.
====
“T-then take it…you can have it.” The boy choked out, head going hazy from oxygen deprivation. The finality of those words cemented in his head that he was going to die at the hands of this guy. It didn’t matter. He crumpled a moment, gasping for air to catch his breath. “S-s**t…” He breathed. Those were his words. Being on the receiving end of them, he felt so much more fear. There was no time for irritation – despite it being a slap in the face. He scrambled up, taking off into a sprint down the way the girl had gone. He was going to make his escape. His makeshift mask flew off with how quickly he moved. Briefly from the corner of his eyes, he saw that girl again. He didn’t have time to process it; he was running for his life. Frankly, he didn’t care either.

Kaiko just stared, mouth agape when the other ghoul ran past. She had seen him before! Without his mask, it made more sense. Still, she knew she might be in trouble by sticking around after she was told to leave. It wasn’t her fault. She had never gotten to see ghouls up close. Well, that was a lie. The only time she had been when her mother – but that didn’t matter. It wasn’t his fault or even her fault. This ghoul running though. She knew he wasn’t a good ghoul. She couldn’t sympathize with him and not just because he tried to eat her. It was in the manner in which he went about it.
Once the group had been server, Ayane tended to the few other groups that had been seated in her section. Occasionally she checked up on them, but for the most part she had minimal interaction with them until it came time to pay.

The process of taking their money was less obnoxious than their ordering. When she went to get their change, the men seemed to start making their way toward the door. She guessed they didn't want their change, which was fine with her. She almost didn't return to the table at all until she saw the largest of the men hanging around the table still, having stacked the smaller dishes. Skeptically she made her way back toward the table. “Can I get you anything else?” she asked curiously, wondering why he wasn't already gone with his friends.
- - - - - -
Ayato gave him ten seconds for a head start, before sliding his mask back over his face and taking off after the boy. He caught up in only seconds. When he was only a meter from the boy, sharps flew from his ukaku, piercing the boy in the back. Before the boy could fall to the ground, Ayato was in front of him. In a swift motion, Ayato grabbed both of the boy's wrists, and connected his right foot to his chest delivered a powerful kick, ripping the boys arms from his body.
“I just wanted to apologize for their behavior.” Amon stated, handing her over the pay tabs. “I’m sure it’s common unfortunately.” He shrugged briefly, deciding not to linger too long. He didn’t want her to think that he was trying to be a creep himself. That would have ruined what he was trying to accomplish. Yet, somehow on his way out of the booth, he ended up turning to her and stating something he couldn’t stop. “I also promise I haven’t been following you.” It was at that instant he hoped he could put his foot in his mouth.

It hadn’t meant to come out like that. He inwardly cringed, knowing she’d now find him creepy. “I…should just leave…” He stated quickly, hanging his head in shame for what he had said. Was he no better than his drunken colleagues? Amon rubbed his neck awkwardly. Yeah, he needed to work on his statements.
===
Holy ********. That was so hardcore. Kaiko watched in pure amazement when the ghoul had gotten his arms ripped off. She ignored any logical thoughts running through her head telling her she ought to actually hightail it out of there. Even if she got killed or eaten as a result, it was totally worth getting to see a real, live ghoul fight. Well, it seemed more like a slaughter now.

The boy let out a piercing scream, falling to his knees as his arm sockets dripped blood. He started to breathe heavily. His eyes turned fully black again, red irises shining under his bangs as his bikaku started to slowly come out, trying to defend him. At this point, his body was just defending itself without him doing too much of the controlling. “…******** you…” He breathed out as his bikaku started to thrash about violently.

Kaiko slipped down, cringing at how close it had come to her head. The butt thing had left an indent in the wall where she had previously stood. Holy s**t. This ghoul fight wasn’t cool anymore.
“Oh. It's alright.” She shrugged. Though, honestly they were lucky they were investigators. The first wasn't her territory, but there had been a few instances she'd lured the real creeps out of the First and away from the Nest to kill them. Being investigators, they were safe. She wasn't going to kill any of them and draw attention to herself. Besides, they were no where near as bad as some of the other customers she'd dealt with, and hell, they were still better than some of the most 'polite' people in her home ward.

She was leaning over the table stacking dishes to make it easier for Hotaka to bus when the investigator spoke again. She turned to look at him as he stated he wasn't following her. Which made panic rise in her, though she showed no external signs of it. So, he had noticed her around in various places. That was never something you wanted, even if they were oblivious. “That sounds like something someone that was following me would say.” she played off her panic the best she could.
- - - - - -
Ayato grinned behind his mask as the boy's kagune finally came out in self defense. Not that it mattered much. Ayato was far too fast, and the boy was too wounded for it to really do him any use. “Good. You've given me another limb to rip from your body.” Ayato said as he jumped over the body, more shards pummeling him.

With the way the boy's tail moved frantically Ayato had to do much dodging before he was able to get his foot on the back of the boy's head, forcing him forward and pressing his face to the cement. Ayato's knee pressed to the boy's back, and with his hands and teeth Ayato ripped the Bikaku from the boy's back before forcing his hands into his body, ripping the entire sack from his back tossing it to the side like yesterday's newspaper. Surely the boy's screams in agony would draw attention from the people living in the nearby buildings, but Ayato was almost done. He just wanted to make sure the boy's friends saw what happens to those that cross the Aogiri tree.

With the kagune thrown to the side, and the boy bleeding out there was no way he would last much longer. But the wailing had to end before someone saw and alerted the CCG. That was the last thing he needed. Without much effort Ayato swung around, grabbing the boy's head twisting it. He heard the sound of the bones in his neck snapping. The next sound that followed was the ripping sound as flesh and tissue tore, and the boy's head came off completely.
He could tell she was panicked. Amon didn’t even think it was for other reasons. He thought she was just a woman who was intimidated by a man of his size and he regretted even saying anything. God, he was such a fool. If he walked out now, he could avoid having to say anything else dumb. If he were one to have an existential crisis, now would have been the perfect time.

“No…It…no.” He stumbled over his words, unsure of how to rectify it. “I didn’t mean it like that.” He said calmly, mostly to calm his own self. “It was more a series of coincidences, I’m sure.” He hadn’t even noticed her the first several times until it almost became habit that she or he would be at the same place at the same time. “I apologize,” he sighed, deciding it was best to walk away now. Next time, he would keep his mouth shut and not say a single word.
===
He was in so much pain. It hurt so badly. He could hardly concentrate. With his body bleeding that badly, he knew there was no way for him to recover. His body healed slowly enough as it was. He let out a primal scream as he felt his neck being twisted, then his voice died. His face was twisted into a disgusting look, now completely separated from his body. The rest of him lay there completely lifeless in a pool of his own blood.

“Damn…” Kaiko had taken cover around the corner, peeking her head around. That was the coolest thing she had ever seen in her life. It was definitely the most brutal thing she had ever seen too. She stared down at the boy’s body, lips thinning out. It seemed sad to be a ghoul, though no more sad than being a perverse human. Whoever that other ghoul was, he was definitely strong. His shoulder things were a little intimidating and yet oddly beautiful. “That was so cool!” She said out loud, before quickly realizing her mistake. That was kind of rude and awkward, wasn’t it?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff