Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sweetest Wife

19,325 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Simple Romantic 50
  • The Edgiest 250
Hello, I recently gained 10 pounds from the depo shot and I really want to lose it on top of another 15 pounds.

I've been working out for 15 minutes at least 3 times a week for two weeks now and I've been eating healthier.

What are some of the best tips to lose weight? I keep feeling discouraged by my body and the recent weight gain. I want instant results, but I know there's no such thing.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Nimble Angel

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Luck of the Draw 50
Whether you exercise or not, it's still a matter of CICO (Calories In, Calories Out.)

As long as you eat below your maintenance calories, then you'll lose weight. There are various online calculators that can tell you at what proximity your maintenance level actually is, and at what deficit is ideal for losing weight. Plus using a food journal of some sort (i.e: myfitnesspal) makes it easier to track absolutely everything.

O.G. Codger

20,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Battle Hardened 150
cut out carbs, sugar, and alcohol. Fastest way to lose weight. Stick to poultry/fish and veggies and you are pretty good to go.

Alien Snack

I personally have decided to just cut out added sugar from my diet for a while. I don't eat anything that has sugar listed as an ingredient, or any simple carbs. This isn't going to be a permanent diet, but it is more of a "reset" diet to get rid of any cravings I have for sugar. I'll be doing it for about a month or so, then I will go back to my original diet, excluding a lot of sugary things.

I decided to do this after my boyfriend suggested it when I was talking about what I was unhappy with on myself. For the most part, I LOVE my body. The only part that really gives me some issues is the lower area of my stomach. I have a bit of a pooch, and this is caused from an excess of sugar.

So, now I just don't eat anything with sugar or sugar-like preservatives added (such as Xantham gum). It forces me to make my own meals a lot, but that's okay. Breads are a no go, but 100% wheat grain is fine. So Triscuits are my friend! I didn't realize how much sugar I would normally intake, thinking I was eating "healthy." It is even in bacon! Sugar is literally in almost every processed, pre-made, or unorganic food item! It is mind boggling to be honest. It's important to note that natural sugars, such as fruit sugars, are OKAY to eat. So if this sounds like something you would be interested in, go for it!

It will help reset your digestive system, cut cravings for things like soda (my personal weakness next to chocolate milk), and force you to cook! I feel better now that I am on this, and was really pissed off when I started to have literal withdrawals from not ingesting as much sugar. They have gone away now, though, and I feel great.

I've been doing it for around 2 weeks now. I highly recommend it. Stack this on top of your usual working out, and make sure you do as Israphal said and follow a CICO format, where you ingest less calories than you use.
You might still be eating too much, even if the food is healthier. Make sure to track your calories.

Fashionable Smoker

4,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Ever heard the saying "Abs are made in the kitchen". Basically excersising wont be effective unless you eat right ! Try to make at least half of your diet fruits and veggies ! Processed junk & dairy will never give you the results you want. Also, cut out red meat and replace it with fish/poultry.
As a vegan, id so suggest switching to this lifestyle ! But i know most people are skeptical about it so, at least try to avoid meat as much as possible and substitute it with other things like beans/legumes.

Best of luck ! xoxo

Questionable Gaian

11,400 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
All I know is eating bunch of pepper boost up you metabolism like burn your fats.
(30% sure)
rofl

Original Gaian

Why do you want to lose weight? You look great! heart

Heart Flatterer

8,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
WATER. I can't stress this enough but drinking water helps flush out impurities, food, etc out of your system. Working your body is an obvious tip, which requires motivation for some (like me gonk )

-Cut sodas, drink at least a gallon a day. You can use an empty milk jug to draw ticks or marks to monitor when you should drink and you can put motivational sayings like "Halfway for the day!" or "You can chug it!"

-Eat right. And that doesn't mean to just eat healthy, know when to eat.
A general tip (because not all bodies are the same) is to eat three main dishes a day with healthy snacks inbetween. So breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner. The snacks can be anything from a fruit to a small package of Trail Mix or even yogurt.

I really hope this helps 4laugh

Miryoku-Pink's Husband

Dangerous Businessman

Increase your workout a bit more.
Eat regularly, not cutting down.
imminent fasting helps big time but you'll suffer. eat from 8am-2pm then don't eat at all.
water will help
Have a buddy or public accountability (note: research has shown that this may actually make weight loss harder, but I've found it working really well for me, so I think it's worth a try - just though I'd give you the facts) like MFP or something.

Weigh yourself once a week, twice at most (or not at all, whatever)

Focus on how your body feels, not your weight. Can you run a mile? 2? Awesome. Your waistline doesn't matter as much as your health and basic fitness.
Lemon water, and iced green tea will do wonders!
& Lots of water!!
The best way to lose weight is to do a lot of cardio at the beginning and end of every workout. Lift some weights in between and eat very healthy. Drinking a lot of water will help also.
oh-lainey
Hello, I recently gained 10 pounds from the depo shot and I really want to lose it on top of another 15 pounds.

I've been working out for 15 minutes at least 3 times a week for two weeks now and I've been eating healthier.

What are some of the best tips to lose weight? I keep feeling discouraged by my body and the recent weight gain. I want instant results, but I know there's no such thing.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

basically. its what you eat that determines your weight gain or loss before exercise come in, if you take in more calories than you burn then you keep gaining more pound. i have a free ebook on this issue if you would love to read more on it, then holla back.

Friendly Cat

I lost 20 pounds over the summer just by walking more, especially up stairs, and eating healthier. I still had junk food sometimes. I have depression and I tend to go to junk food for relief. But, over the summer, I was very occupied with school, and the satisfaction of getting the work done was relief enough for me most of the time. whee I only ate junk as treats or on really bad days. The rest of the time, I ate healthy. But, I think walking up those blasted stairs really helped the most. razz

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff