Welcome to Gaia! ::

Winged Immortal

We were told in August (2015) they would be trying to get everything revised ASAP after the set-backs after already being offline for months.
And then we were told it would be done after the summer event was finished
Now we're hitting the Halloween event and nothing
The Response from late September's ATS was that there was no update.

No, fishing isn't the biggest game on the site, but it is used in alchemy, it has a good-sized following, it is considered an "old school" Gaia game, the items are still needed to create unique items, and it was supposed to return after a short hiatus

You put a broken captcha generator on the game and have had it closed off for months on end without a single clear response.

Give us an actual time this is coming back. Be honest. Stop trying to cover things up. We know that money-makers get pushed to the front of the line ALWAYS but stop lying about the other features that have been cut off of are frozen in time.

UPDATE: ATS of October 13 multiple users asked about fishing looking to get some sort of answer. Absolutely no response or acknowledgement of these questions
Yet a hundred Lake Kindred questions get answered every time

UPDATE: ATS of January 5 2016 Got a basic response of "there's nothing but we'll tell you when there's eventually something"
What this means is that right now, NOTHING is being done for fishing.
At least they acknowledged it after ignoring posts about fishing for so long
Zero also stated later that they might put a notice on the game so users know it's unavailable

UPDATE: ATS of April 19, 2016 - Multiple users asking for any information on fishing. All requests were flatly ignored by staff members present including Zero Omega who would know the progress on this project. LK continues to get full attention since it directly makes the site money with the cheap Kindred ( Mogas ) being sold every week. Still no notice on the game itself to inform users that the game is not functioning.

azphyxxxiate's Girlfriend

Spoopy Bat

I wouldn't be surprised if it's just been shuttered and rather than causing drama, they're just not copping to it. Wait for enough people to forget about it, to get used to not having it around and boom, one day it will be gone from the tabs.

Stellar Cat

I thought it would be back by now. sweatdrop

I'm starting to wonder if we'll even see it back this year.

Perfect Saint

I hope they don't put it off after the Christmas event. They'll always going to have an excuse to put it off. sad

ElectricTerra's Senpai

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
User Image I'm feeling pretty put out that I can't go fishing, too. I have quite a few alchemy quests that I need lots and lots of fish for. Buying one or two fish at a time, whenever the MP price seems low enough to be worth it, is not going to cut it at all. Please get Fishing back up and running properly.
User Image

Lonely Codger

20,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
You should show some patience. Sometimes it takes a while to come up with fake excuses, and since they've already blown "security hole that could jeopardize everyone's account" on zOMG, they'll probably have to come up with another justification for killing Fishing. (I mean, it'll probably make as much sense as the zOMG excuse - i.e., none - but, hey, that's the fun in reading staff messages nowadays, right?)

Saitoh Souji's Husbando

Shadow Wolf

48,425 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Ghost Hunter 250
  • OTP 200
Definitely starting to have some ZOMG! flashbacks as time creeps on...

Really hope they do bring it back, or that's going to be the death knell of Alchemy too.
:stares forlornly at all the formulas gathering dust due to no fishing:

Winged Immortal

To those of you talking about alchemy:
I agree. I have wing quests on hold because they're incredibly unrealistic without alchemy

It's also important to note:
Fishing was the first game really introduced for everyone and it's been a big thing keeping some users around on an already dwindled userbase

Alien Cosmonaut

I didn't think it would come back that soon, if at all, considering what happened with zOMG.

I'm surprised that people are surprised by this.

User Image

Alcopops's Pardner

Bloodthirsty Bunny

33,440 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Miasmal Researcher 200

User Image

I fail to be surprised at all, but... I do hope we hear an update soon. It's tough getting fish in the MP for this reason, and the rig in go fusion ain't gonna cut it.

Big Noob

Maybe they are intentionally hobbling Fishing so that the game-hungry users will be focused on Lake Kindred instead? That one brings them GC.

/illuminati

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
I am also one that has items in Alchemy on hold! I am NOT gonna waste all my gold/charms on the CI that's in GoFushion just so I can hope to get enough guppies (which are not worth the price of the CI) or in the hopes of getting whatever and never getting any cause my is that bad. We need Fishing back already! For a number of reasons! People who fish are also in need of it.

Ghostly Fairy

10,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Signature Look 250
Bitway
I didn't think it would come back that soon, if at all, considering what happened with zOMG.

I'm surprised that people are surprised by this.

User Image

zomg was a much more complicated game. Fishing is a lot simpler so it was expected that it would be easier to fix.

Winged Immortal

Updated with recent ATS responses (or lack thereof)

Sparkly Star

15,150 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
They probably plan to get rid of it. Just like they did zOMG! and post a stupid excuse claiming it had too many bugs and couldn't be fixed...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff