Welcome to Gaia! ::

Golden Duck

10,925 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
anyone here play that? i'm currently downloading the game, it seems really cute and stuff.
let me know if you play too :3

Dainty Daredevil

15,950 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Elocutionist 200
wrong forum

Golden Duck

10,925 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
lots of cake
wrong forum

C-
shoulda have included as to where i should have posted

Lightbringer

You're looking for the MMO & MOBA subforum.

There's both a lot and not much to be said about Maplestory. There is a ton of content in the game, but has a lot of problems. The general philosophy is to make new content which completely leaves all the old content in the dust, but then go back and update the old content after -maybe- 6-12 months and have it be popular until the next big thing.

Don't expect much for story. Most of the classes have a premise to play them up in importance, but after the first 15 or so minutes the game becomes the same for every class with a little story bit at certain milestones.

Having a good friend or two to level with makes the game much more tolerable. There is a lot of monotonous grinding. I imagine it will be enjoyable your first time, since the content is still new, but it really gets stale after the fifth goddamn time (there's a lot of classes to try, which was the appeal for me).

Sorry about going all out on a misplaced thread Cake, I'm bored and reporting spam threads has lost some of its joy as of late.

Golden Duck

10,925 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
lots of cake
Bossu-san
lots of cake
wrong forum

C-
shoulda have included as to where i should have posted
d
shoulda known to look around before you posted

0/10 for helpfulness, good for you

Golden Duck

10,925 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Takarashi
You're looking for the MMO & MOBA subforum.

There's both a lot and not much to be said about Maplestory. There is a ton of content in the game, but has a lot of problems. The general philosophy is to make new content which completely leaves all the old content in the dust, but then go back and update the old content after -maybe- 6-12 months and have it be popular until the next big thing.

Don't expect much for story. Most of the classes have a premise to play them up in importance, but after the first 15 or so minutes the game becomes the same for every class with a little story bit at certain milestones.

Having a good friend or two to level with makes the game much more tolerable. There is a lot of monotonous grinding. I imagine it will be enjoyable your first time, since the content is still new, but it really gets stale after the fifth goddamn time (there's a lot of classes to try, which was the appeal for me).

Sorry about going all out on a misplaced thread Cake, I'm bored and reporting spam threads has lost some of its joy as of late.

Thank you very much!

Dainty Daredevil

15,950 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Takarashi
reporting spam threads has lost some of its joy as of late.
because no one does anything. it's why i keep posting in misplaced threads, despite the rules.

Magical Businessman

Oh boy, I could go on for ages about how I've witnessed MapleStory going from a good MMO to an absolute trainwreck.

What's good about the game is that there are a ton of jobs/characters to choose from, though many of them are just derivatives of the game's five main classes (Warrior, Magician, Bowman, Thief, and Pirate,) but it does add quite a bit of depth to the game.

What's bad about is nearly everything else in the game's current state. The job balancing is messed up (EVERYTHING has a Flash Jump-type skill now that they learn at first job or so, thus, completely defeating the purpose of mounts,) the grind is not nearly as bad as it was back in the day, but it still feels very tedious later on, the economy is garbage, the optimization is horrible, the security sucks (hackers everywhere and economy-breaking glitches/exploits are found at least once a month, usually resulting in server rollbacks,) the community is almost on par with League of Legends' in terms of toxicity, saltiness, and pure idiocy, and it's pretty much turned into a pay-to-win game.

I'd suggest waiting for MapleStory 2 to launch internationally, but to be honest, I'm not sure if that's gonna be a whole lot better.

Sparkly Flashback

12,550 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Team Carl 200
Lan Sukasa
Oh boy, I could go on for ages about how I've witnessed MapleStory going from a good MMO to an absolute trainwreck.

What's good about the game is that there are a ton of jobs/characters to choose from, though many of them are just derivatives of the game's five main classes (Warrior, Magician, Bowman, Thief, and Pirate,) but it does add quite a bit of depth to the game.

What's bad about is nearly everything else in the game's current state. The job balancing is messed up (EVERYTHING has a Flash Jump-type skill now that they learn at first job or so, thus, completely defeating the purpose of mounts,) the grind is not nearly as bad as it was back in the day, but it still feels very tedious later on, the economy is garbage, the optimization is horrible, the security sucks (hackers everywhere and economy-breaking glitches/exploits are found at least once a month, usually resulting in server rollbacks,) the community is almost on par with League of Legends' in terms of toxicity, saltiness, and pure idiocy, and it's pretty much turned into a pay-to-win game.

I'd suggest waiting for MapleStory 2 to launch internationally, but to be honest, I'm not sure if that's gonna be a whole lot better.

you are right about a few things here.

yes, pretty much everyone has flash jump and speed boosts, so having a mount is largely pointless. (i played pre-bb, and i didn't find much value in having a mount then either. make of that what you will)

the grind is better now, and there are a couple viable pqs too.
it does get tedious once you hit 200+

haven't played league, but i assume there are bad apples in every mmo community.

also again as a person who played pre-bb, there were hackers back then too.

there aren't roll backs once a month.

pay to win is still there, a bit reduced as you can craft cubes and get them as boss drops too.

reboot server is coming soon, with meso buyable cubes, so it looks like nexon is trying to fix the pay to win aspect of it.

for TS, play the game, and decide for yourself.

try a populated server like scania(mine lol) or windia

i have played maplestory 2, and i have had a lot of fun with it.
i look forward to a global release.

Magical Businessman

aj OwO

Even at level 120+, it still felt pretty tedious. Yet, I was able to get one character from 1 - 100 in like, three days.

Quote:
haven't played league, but i assume there are bad apples in every mmo community.

That is true, but the MOBA genre is the worst when it comes to bad communities.

Quote:

Oh yeah, I remember seeing a bunch of hackers back in 05/06. At some point of time, they were surprisingly rare for me, but last time I played, Edelstein was full of Demon Slayers warping around the maps in like, every channel.

Quote:

Sure as hell felt like every month.

Quote:
pay to win is still there, a bit reduced as you can craft cubes and get them as boss drops too.

But the cube fragments have a low drop rate, don't they? And I think you can only fight bosses so many times a day.

Quote:
reboot server is coming soon, with meso buyable cubes, so it looks like nexon is trying to fix the pay to win aspect of it.

...Reboot server?

Quote:

I played on Windia.

Sparkly Flashback

12,550 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Team Carl 200
Lan Sukasa
aj OwO

Even at level 120+, it still felt pretty tedious. Yet, I was able to get one character from 1 - 100 in like, three days.

Quote:

That is true, but the MOBA genre is the worst when it comes to bad communities.

Quote:

Oh yeah, I remember seeing a bunch of hackers back in 05/06. At some point of time, they were surprisingly rare for me, but last time I played, Edelstein was full of Demon Slayers warping around the maps in like, every channel.

Quote:

Sure as hell felt like every month.

Quote:

But the cube fragments have a low drop rate, don't they? And I think you can only fight bosses so many times a day.

Quote:

...Reboot server?

Quote:

I played on Windia.

120+ you can still do romeo and juliet party quest. not to mention bossing is a viable option. zakum and horntail give exp and rewards points. go to star planet and buy exp boosts, plus get more rewards points for the cash shop.

get to 140 and you can do dimension invasion.

160 to forever it's SDH

Partying Noob

8,300 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
Played since 08

It's shite now

High-functioning Waffles

4,775 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Haven't played it really recently, but I've always enjoyed it! I suggest the Kahini server, not too populated (last time I checked) but still has people. I'm not terribly picky with MMO's, but I've always liked Maple and though the updates have made it more fun personally...
Bossu-san
anyone here play that? i'm currently downloading the game, it seems really cute and stuff.
let me know if you play too :3

I play c:
in Kradia so MYBCKN world alliance

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out