Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Update:
Narumi Misuhara
Nope, there's no skewing or anything special done to the selection. All avatars should have roughly the same number of view

Aka you should see a avi that has never got a upvote as much as a avi which only gets upvotes, any time you see one avi multiple times its should be by chance as a result of truely random selection. Observational bias will heighten the "non-random seeming" of the randomness.

So, as Kailin posted

We have a new museum feature which lets us see how many votes we got.

In the Halfatar contest

1st place = 1224
2nd place = 1223 (Close much?)
5th = 1203
16th = 1155
19th = 1146
21st = 1132

From this is "seems" clear that it is purely a "upvote" count which decides who places where. (as opposed to a ratio). This would explain why you often see "trending" avis a lot more than other avis, because when top ranks are as close as this, they would need more votes to assure position. Aka why the "randomizer" seems not random for certain avis. (Though we cannot technically rule out that all 4 of these may have been "viewed" say 1500 times, and this is their scores out of 1500). But observational bias does seem to favor trending avis. Prehaps something to check on at the ATA.

If you got top 5 in any contest feel free to share your vote count (if you were first three, or know you were 4/5th). (Or if you didnt place, but want to anyways thats cool too)

For your vote counts

Red, npc, half, beach

wander, colour splash, blue, green, yellow, red,orange, monster, town pride, night on town, New york, business casual

Giygasm's King

Demonic Sweetheart

16,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Thanks! I've been wondering where I stood on the Color Splash theme. Got 853 for that. I can't wait to see where I place on the animal one.

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Super 9-Volt
Thanks! I've been wondering where I stood on the Color Splash theme. Got 853 for that. I can't wait to see where I place on the animal one.

Nice, theoretically on color splash I got 94th. with 1017.

Do you know what page you are on? and where on that page?
ONE VOTE DIFFERENCE, AHAHA. That's intense. If the votes are consistently near that close, I do wish the entries that don't follow the theme at all are weeded out. It won't solve all the problems, but I think a lot of avatars get votes simply because the other avatar didn't even bother to pay attention to the theme. Every vote counts.

I do not have any avatars that placed in the top 5, but my blue avatar did jump around between 2nd and 5th for a lot of the day. It only had 369 votes.
Sagebomb
Super 9-Volt

For yesterday's red entries, 2nd place is in the 1st spot and 3rd place is in the 4th spot. What determines that, I wonder? The list only seems loosely accurate.

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Copeh
ONE VOTE DIFFERENCE, AHAHA. That's intense. If the votes are consistently near that close, I do wish the entries that don't follow the theme at all are weeded out. It won't solve all the problems, but I think a lot of avatars get votes simply because the other avatar didn't even bother to pay attention to the theme. Every vote counts.

I do not have any avatars that placed in the top 5, but my blue avatar did jump around between 2nd and 5th for a lot of the day. It only had 369 votes.

Yeah seems it was close, will be interesting what "more data" may let us know

I think I got 510th on blue day, with 346 votes.

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Copeh
Sagebomb
Super 9-Volt

For yesterday's red entries, 2nd place is in the 1st spot and 3rd place is in the 4th spot. What determines that, I wonder? The list only seems loosely accurate.

All entries, I believe it to be a visual error. It displays your avi....but also treats the spot you are in as 1st postion. So 1st place as seen under you avi is actually 2nd place in all categories as far as I can tell.

Aka YOU yes YOU SPECIFICALLY (who ever is reading this), are photo bombing the first place position currently.

Giygasm's King

Demonic Sweetheart

16,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Sagebomb
Super 9-Volt

Page 15, top row, 3rd from the right. I'm the only Paw in that row.

Adored Sex Symbol

19,140 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Nerd 50
i had 971 votes for Halfatar one >.>;;

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Super 9-Volt
Sagebomb
Super 9-Volt

Page 15, top row, 3rd from the right. I'm the only Paw in that row.

So 706th possibly. Interesting.

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
TheCourteJester

Do you know what page/position your avi is on in that one?
Sagebomb

Definitely want more data. If that list is accurate, I was 146th place with 369 votes. If this is truly the case, the amount of ties must be hilarious. Perhaps that is why I see two "random" entries between the 2nd and 3rd place entries for yesterday's red. If it is the case of a multiple-way tie, I think it's really unfair that those avatars randomly didn't get 3rd place prize and that other avatar did. I still have some doubts about it though.

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Copeh
Sagebomb

Definitely want more data. If that list is accurate, I was 146th place with 369 votes. If this is truly the case, the amount of ties must be hilarious. Perhaps that is why I see two "random" entries between the 2nd and 3rd place entries for yesterday's red. If it is the case of a multiple-way tie, I think it's really unfair that those avatars randomly didn't get 3rd place prize and that other avatar did. I still have some doubts about it though.

Yeah that is a lot of tie ground. But if there is that many ties, it could show that the randomiser is presenting a lot of avis a pretty similar ammount of times, and its only the ones that really get up voted which start to rocket up.

I love numbers, so figuring this stuff out is fun redface

Adored Sex Symbol

19,140 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Nerd 50
Sagebomb
TheCourteJester

Do you know what page/position your avi is on in that one?
not at all. i went through all of the pages and didnt see myself once. just that i had 971 votes at the very top.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff