Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magical Pumpkin

I was obsessed with having cute avatars back in the day. Now I focus on characters and making my avatars into interesting 'people' or on the odd occasion (like now) cosplaying.

Enduring Spirit

User Image

My sense of style have change for the better. My old self would be happy with it. I go for a theme now, which has made me think more on what to buy or not to buy. Has been a thrilling journey, and one that still keeps going.

Magical Neko

24,275 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

My style has definitely changed. Before, I sort of had my own Gaian persona style, but now I make anything that looks interesting, or to reflect how I'm feeling that day. This thing I threw together, and it tickled my fancy.

Blessed Gaian

Happy Halloween

When I first started gaiaonline in 2004 I was all about dark avatars simply because that's who I was back then and did in real life. Now I dress her in very bright happy outfits, you couldn't tell right now though because she's suited up for Halloween. Also I tend to go with matching my colors now while back then I just threw close on her so she was not nude. It was so difficult to get gold in the good old days. Lastly I try to wear only older items now and the expensive ones at that while then I wore what was the newest coolest items, that I could afford of course. Times have changed for me, but that was 11 years ago so it makes sense. And I think my past self would be shocked at how I have changed as a person and how I dress my avatar now, I was sad back then and now I am happy. My avatars always went with my mood.

Sincerely,
Anne

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I've been trying different themes lately to challenge myself. My avi hasn't held a weapon for weeks now.

Goth Fairy

22,600 Points
  • 90's Movie Token Quirky Goth Girl 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Magical Girl 50
I don't think my style has really changed much. Sometimes I go through phases like lolita or fantasy, but I always end up going back to a style that mimics how I dress irl/how i want to dress irl, which for a long time has been kinda grungey and occasionally cutesy.

when i clicked on this topic for some reason i was expecting it to be about avatars that make you happy, but wouldn't necessarily be considered "good" avatars. I think my current is definitely one of those. It's not really outstanding, it's pretty plain and simple, but it's not bad either. I just really love it for some reason, and I wear this same basic outfit all the time when I have avi block. It's one of my default outfits. I have a schoolgirl-ish avatar like that too lol.

I think this avatar totally reflects my irl style, my hair is totally different but this looks like something I'd wear (and a face/pose i'd make)

MeIanite's Princess

Illuminated Demigod

Do you feel like your growing and changing as a person has altered how you dress up your avatar? If so, how?
No, not really. Seven years ago when I joined Gaia the items looked different and I didn't have much in the way of gold. However, I still joined items together carefully and always tried to execute a clear theme. That still holds true for me today except now I have more gold to use on this site.
Are there some things about your avatar that have remained the same since you started Gaia, or when you were still very new?
See above response.
If the you from X-years ago saw your avatar today, what do you think they would say?
"OMG, I LOOK SO CUTE" emotion_kirakira

Perfect Saint

I have several fixed items that have been on my avatar since 2004. Maybe I could let go of them, but I've unhealthily attached to them.

[Kold]'s Husbando

Questionable Receiver

12,075 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
xd I almost always have the same base, which is very kittyish, and then I give her different outfits. Right now my avatar looks the way it does because a friend said, "hey you should make a mecha-Kyla"

Profitable Prophet

I used to participate in a lot of walk-in avatar-based roleplays back in the day, so it was pretty important that I kept a consistent look, so folk could recognise me over time. Very masculine and grungy, with low key horror elements.

I don't roleplay much these days, so I can definitely afford to experiment a lot more. Plus, I have a lot more gold these days, so that helps. But sometimes it's a little too easy. I can buy a pretty good look right of the shelves. It don't take a lot of creative workarounds.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
My first avatar was kind of shabby, but I got better pretty quickly. I think my interests in items and style have changed, but I still have outfits based on my old stuff for Gaiaversaries and such, just for the fun of it.

I mean, they're pretty stylish.

So I'd think my '04 self would think my current stuff is pretty nice too.

Wily Werewolf

16,825 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Doggone It! 100
I used to very obsessed with matching and clutter. My avatar didn't have to make sense, as long as I piled on a bunch of items. They were usually made to showcase something new.

Nowadays I have a specific skin/ears/tail/hair, and while that combo has been tweaked over the years, the concept hasn't really changed. I even realized recently that I've been dressing my avatar in clothing that's a bit more realistic. No severed ghost limbs, wizard cloaks, etc

Sparkling Supporter

I'm less concerned with matching than I used to be, though I usually still have a color scheme. I also use pale blue and white a lot less, those were my go to colors back in the day. I feel like my avatar's have more personality now. This is probably because we have a bunch of face items to work with, a couple years ago that was still a novelty. My old self would also wonder why I'm not wearing all my collectibles. I was definitely striving for those status symbols as a young gaian.

Snuggly Blob

My style has definitely changed over the years! Still, one thing that has remained constant is that I love making well-balanced avatars color-wise. I have an almost compulsive need to have everything match and for the colors to be evenly distributed to main areas.

I also have always loved trying to match colors you don't usually put together! Sure, the color schemes Gaia has taken to pumping out are fun, but I love to make unusual combinations and see them actually look nice! For example, I've never seen melon and deep red together, but I think it adds some nice depth to the bright melon greens. c: It's fun!

Indulgent Waffles

Love-Making!!
❥ Old me and current me are still in love with girly things, such as lace and lolita. xD Now that I have more gold and can afford all the Durem Depot loli things (which back in the day, I would obsess and question if I would be happy spending 30k for one dress) I...rarely use them, ever.

Nowadays I try to challenge myself by trying to buy other colors (instead of just lavender and pink all the time haha)

My '03 self would be happy that I finally got to buy the G-LOL set. rofl
✧ ・゚*✧ ・

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas