Welcome to Gaia! ::

Versatile Wolf

24,650 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
User Image

◈◈◈Running from October 28th - October 31st◈◈◈

Before the bright orange sun sinks further from the sky, you knock on the door, looking for directions to your destination. Invite in hand, "That is where you are, come inside". A strikingly beautiful hostess with cold eyes takes the envelope.

Refined elements span your view, antique gold fleur de lis wallpaper, plush velvet cushioning in deep jewel tones, mahogany and metallic trim; all gently teased by candlelight. The hostess nearly forces you forward to a place to sit. "Welcome to the HeartBreak Cafe, Take your time with your order." Thin silk curtains drape between pocketed spaces, ethereal but imitate. Curtained mirrors seem to have been placed where windows should be. Sharp dressed waiters and other waitresses in maid attire shuffle about.

Peering over the menu, you see individuals with faces you can only faintly place. Keeping your eyes and ears open you notice everyone seems different than what you remember. The sullen hostess from before holds a large knife and gives a glass gentle taps, the 'tings' summoning the attention of the room. A well-dressed man with mischief in his eyes smiles brightly to everyone.

"The HeartBreak Cafe would like to welcome you to our Halloween Celebration here in the Mirror Mirror Mansion. A gracious donation has been made so we can serve you in style this year. Please relax, order a drink, play some games, or socialize at your leisure but also please remember to enjoy yourself and to tip your waiters and waitresses."

The waitress from before gives you a sly grin, as you look warily around the room.

◈Donors◈

A word from Mr. Black: "Hello and welcome one and all to the HBC's Halloween Bash! This certainly wouldn't have been possible without the wonderful people who donated their time and energy in helping run it but also to all those generous Gaians out there that contributed to us via funds/prizes to be given away during our contests. Click the link below for a list of the generous Gaians, thank you all again so much!"
HBC Donor List

◈Link to HBC◈

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.98016869/][img]http://i.imgur.com/g0LKPnX.jpg[/img][/url]

Versatile Wolf

24,650 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
User Image
◈Rules◈

[x]Starting with the most obvious one, please be sure to follow the Gaia TOS.
[xx]Second obvious please adhere to the rules in our thread and contest rules.
[xxx]Light role playing is fine but please keep it clean!
[xxxx]Please refrain from mindless bumping. Chatter is both welcomed and encouraged.
[xxxxx]Most important of all please remain courtesy of others in this thread at all times and don't forget to tip your waiters/waitresses!

User Image

◈Affiliates◈

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image

Versatile Wolf

24,650 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
User Image

◈◈◈Menu◈◈◈

◈Hot Soups◈
Witch's Brew Chicken Noodle Soup ◈ Bloody Mary Tomato Soup ◈
Roasted Garlic (Vampire Killer) Soup ◈ Broccoli Cheddar ◈ New England Clam Chowder

◈Pastries and Desserts◈
Candied Apples ◈ Spiced Pumpkin Biscuits ◈ Caramel Apple Pie ◈ Mud and Worms ◈
S`mores ◈ Pumpkin Cheesecake ◈ Pumpkin Pie Parfait ◈ Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Maple-Cinnamon Spider Web (Funnel cake) ◈ Spice Caramel Muffin ◈ Cinnamon Bun
Tiramisu ◈ Chocolate Mousse ◈ Strawberry, Banana, and Chocolate Crepe

◈Drinks◈
Hot Apple Cider
The Ghost of Earl Grey Tea
Zombie Green Tea
Black (DEATH!) Coffee*
(You can add cream and sugar)
Mexican Pumpkin Punch
Mocha
Latte
Cappuccino
Hot Chocolate
Pumpkin Spice Latte
Ghoul's Green Drink

◈Order Form◈

Quote:
User Image

◈ ◈ ◈ Hello, I would like to order ! ◈ ◈ ◈

◈◈◈ Soup gaia_spoons --
◈◈◈ Dessert yum_puddi --
◈◈◈ Drink yum_tea --

Any Special Requests? gaia_star --
◈◈◈

[quote][imgleft]http://i.imgur.com/1FWf6QN.png[/imgleft]

[size=24][color=darkred][b]◈ ◈ ◈ Hello, I would like to order ! ◈ ◈ ◈[/b][/color][/size]

[b][color=darkred]◈◈◈ Soup :spoons: --[/color][/b]
[b][color=darkred]◈◈◈ Dessert :puddi: --[/color][/b]
[b][color=darkred]◈◈◈ Drink :tea: --[/color][/b]

[b][color=darkred]Any Special Requests? :star: --[/color][/b]
[size=24][align=center][color=darkred]◈◈◈[/color][/align][/size]
[/quote]

◈Staff◈

◈Butlers◈
Davidicus Bellefonte
Madam Ace
Gentlemanly Swindler
XinYunMei
Salathielly
Freaque of Nature

◈Maids◈
Gumby Ningata
Blackrosekitten21
XinYunMei
Ariacotal
gum disease
Illuna Knightveil
PrincessTeala
`Hydro
Odd Cinderella

◈Construction◈
`Hydro

◈Our Favorite Adorable Little Sister, The Barista◈
Jisen Meizuki

◈No. 1 Best Bunn Waitress◈
Finni, Should she choose to show up.

Luxury Starshine's Princess

Precious Blob

User Image
Hello everyone! Welcome to the Heart Break Cafe's Artist's Alley!

Here we have gathered some artists who want to draw for you, completely for free! They will be lurking in the event during the event, looking for the cute, the scary, the interesting, and whatever catches their eye. So watch out! They just might pick you.

FREEBIE RULES

Aw, they're not hard. Just a few things, I promise!

You will either be quoted or PM'd your art, at the artist's preference. If you have quotes turned off, you may not see it.
You are not guaranteed art. Our artists volunteer their time, as they have time. They also have different strengths and interests. Not every avatar or character will appeal to every artist.
Do not nag the artists.
Do not bash the art you receive.
Only quote your request to artists who have specified that it is okay.
Obey all the thread rules.
Enjoy your stay!

See, that wasn't so bad. Now, time to meet the artists!

THE ARTISTS

Click the ◈ for their samples.

Eden-san I I
personal website
Quote: Yes.
Will draw: men, women, oc's, avi's, wings, armor
Will not draw: furry, children, animals, cyclops, gender neutral/trans/hermaph/androgynous (Nothing against those types of characters, I just can't do it), clutter, fanart, and no couples atm

Chihari the Kiwi I I
Quote: Yes.
Will do: Male, female, couples, avatars, original characters, Paw avatars, most things.
Won't do: Anything gorey or sexual. I can't draw anthro.

TheMainCharacter1 I I I
Quote: No

Enpuresu
Quote: No
Likes extremely simple stuff

Nikko Roseus I I
deviantart
Quote: Yes

havockitty (address as Igen during event) [ waiting on samples ]
Will try anything. Loves horror and gore especially.

Niki-Senpai I I
Quote: No.
Will not be giving out animated art.

Freaque of Nature I
Will mostly likely draw After Dark avis.
Tips no's, quotes when ready to draw.

If you would like to be added to this list, send a PM to Chihari the Kiwi containing your username, between 2-5 samples, whether or not you would like to be quoted, and any other info you would like included. Sneaky artists are also welcome to draw whoever they want without being officially listed. The more the merrier!

TO GET OUR ATTENTION, THERE IS A FORM BELOW THE SPOILER
[list][list][list][list][color=darkred][u][i][size=24]HEY ARTISTS![/size][/u][/i]
[list][list]Please draw me![/color]
[size=11][b]Username:[/b] [ your username here ]
[b]Request:[/b] [ OC, avatar, couple, etc ]
[b]References:[/b] [ Screenshot if you change your avatar often, any references to your OCs, clothing, etc ]
[b]Other Info:[/b] [ Bio, personality, name, special notes, poses/facial expression preferences, etc. Try to keep it brief. ]

Happy Halloween everyone!

Stubborn Gifter

User Image
◈◈◈What’s Lurking Around Gaia◈◈◈

Eek!! I can’t do it! It’s spooky! It’s creepy! It’s scary! Oh what am I going to do? I can’t do my report for the Paparazzi when there are scary things around. Wait... Maybe you can.

Lately, there have been rumors going around in Gaia, about monsters and ghouls lurking around the area. Like the shrine in Zen Garden being haunted. Or that rattling noises coming from G-Corp laboratory. Even the notorious rumor about the Halloween spirit Jack giving out pants. What? Oh... So the rumor about Jack doesn’t count. Oops. redface

However, there are so many rumors, it’s hard for us Paparazzi reporters to track and investigate. So please help us out.
Of course, that may put your life in danger if the area is dangerous. But then again, my boss will claim about having no responsibility for your endangerment. Something about you volunteering yourself willingly for the sake of news to the Gaian community. Oh... I hope she’s right about it.

◈◈◈How to Enter◈◈◈
Oh thank you, thank you, thank you for helping me. Wait, you want to know how? Well, all you have to do is write an article about your investigation. Just pick a location in the Gaia World Map and investigate the rumor. We don’t know whether it’s a prank, someone’s imagination, or there’s a really creepy, scary, evil monster lurking around. Oh... Saying that just gives me the goosebumps.

When you finish your investigation, you can PM me or turn it in this thread. Please be sure to turn it in before November 2nd, 2015 at 11:59PM PDT.
Unless something very bad happened to you while you’re investigating. Oh please don’t hurt me!

◈◈◈Prizes◈◈◈
What? You won’t do it for free? Oh of course, you’re not working for free. I will reward you for your help on this. Rewards will be given out based by how your article goes. It can be the most scariest article. It can be the most funniest article. It can also be the most failure article if the investigation went wrong.

Oh, and my boss told me that whoever writes the best article will have the option to have his/her article in the Paparazzi Magazine. And if the grand winner doesn’t wish for the article to be published, we understand and respect the winner’s wish.

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image
User Image User Image User Image User Image User ImageUser Image

And more prizes in other thread.

◈◈◈Q&A Section◈◈◈

◈I want to write an article based on zOMG map. Does that count?
Yes. You can use the location off from zOMG map.

◈ Can I include pictures in my article?
Yes, you can include pictures in or even create a comic for your article. Just be sure that it includes the location off on Gaia map and how the investigation goes. However, adding images doesn’t increase your chance to win.

◈ Can I include NPCs in my investigation?
That will depend where the investigation is taking place.

◈ I don’t get this contest. Can you explain it?
The theme of this contest is investigating the spooky and mysterious rumor going around in Gaia. Few examples of it will be Clear Lake 44/Marble Hornets when they investigated the story of Slender Man, a man investigating the Pope Lick Monster, and people doing ghost paranormal activities by video taping or writing their experience like Smosh gamers on haunted ship.

You may choose whatever rumor or legend you like to make an investigation like a ghost haunting a place or there’s a fish monster in lurking in the water. The investigation can either end in bad, good, success, failure, or any interpretation you like. However, the location must be set in Gaia world map (or zOMG world map).

◈ Can I enter more than one?
Yes. However, the maximum of this contest is two.

◈ I want my story to be featured in Paparazzi Magazine, but I didn’t win! ◈
We love to have your story featured, whether you win or not. All you need to do is submit it to the Paparazzi.

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

User Image
◈◈◈Bobbing for Apples LabTechs◈◈◈

A Mad Science RNG

User ImageOh dear. My experiments were going so well, except now I've run into some...complications. You see, I may look like an adorable Grunny maid...butler...personage, but I'm actually quite a renowned scientist as well. Almost...infamous, you could say. Recently I've developed some creatures that I'm quite fond of that I've named LabTechs. Oh, don't worry. They don't bite...much.

But herein lies my problem. I've been storing them in this very handy liquid-filled tank to suspend their development/respiratory functions/all sorts of other things until I need them for further experiments. There is a convenient device on the tank where I input a number to retrieve each respective LabTech...but unfortunately the input device is jammed. For this reason, I have elected to allow volunteers into my laboratory to help me extract the LabTechs. No need to look so concerned...this consent form that you're signing doesn't allow me to experiment on you. Much.

◈◈◈Procedure◈◈◈

Since the input device is jammed, I'll need all of you volunteers to keep pressing the button to generate a random number in the hopes that you will eventually light upon the numbers corresponding to all of my LabTechs, thereby releasing them from the tank so that I can experiment upon them further. The first person who gets a number corresponding to a LabTech gets the prize associated with that LabTech (any person who gets that number after won't get anything because that LabTech has already been retrieved from the tank).

In your post, generate a random number between 1 and 100. (Under Post Action, select "Random Number" and input "1" in the first box and "100" in the second box.) If your number corresponds with that of a LabTech who has not yet been released, please edit your post with the following:

[b][size=24][color=darkred]I've released a LabTech![/color][/size][/b]

Username:

LabTech Number:

[quote="Salathielly"][/quote]

There are no limits to how many times you can generate a number per day, nor are there limits on how many LabTechs you can retrieve from the tank.

While the cafe closes on October 31st, you are welcome to try to retrieve my LabTechs until the end of the event. If I do not respond to your notice that you have retrieved a LabTech promptly and see that I am online, please quote me again to get my attention. I am likely in the middle of an experiment.

◈◈◈Prizes◈◈◈

LabTech 2: User Image Retrieved by Guardian Pluto

LabTech 6: User Image Retrieved by Guardian Pluto

LabTech 9: User Image Retrieved by x Karurie x

LabTech 11: User Image

LabTech 14: User Image

LabTech 15: User Image

LabTech 18: User Image Retrieved by Guardian Pluto

LabTech 22: User Image

LabTech 25: User Image

LabTech 26: User Image

LabTech 29: User Image Retrieved by MistyMary24

LabTech 33: User Image Retrieved by Gumby Ningata

LabTech 37: User Image Retrieved by MistyMary24

LabTech 41: User Image Retrieved by Guardian Pluto

LabTech 44: User Image

LabTech 45: User Image Retrieved by Guardian Pluto

LabTech 48: User Image Retrieved by Guardian Pluto

LabTech 51: User Image Retrieved by Princess Teala

LabTech 57: User Image

LabTech 59: User Image Retrieved by MistyMary24

LabTech 62: User Image

LabTech 67: User Image Retrieved by Nightmare Arsenic

LabTech 68: User Image Retrieved by x Karurie x

LabTech 72: User Image Retrieved by Guardian Pluto

LabTech 74: User Image

LabTech 79: User Image

LabTech 83: User Image Retrieved by MistyMary24

LabTech 88: User Image

LabTech 90: User Image Retrieved by Guardian Pluto

LabTech 99: User Image Retrieved by Guardian Pluto

Alien Sweetheart

User Image
It's all in the cards!

Ah, welcome fortune seekers. I am Meushi. Normally you would be seeing me with a broom in my hands and a scowl on my face but the Spirit of Halloween has taken me by surprise and I find myself happy to give you a treat! With a Tarot reading! What's that you say? What is a Tarot reading? Tarot cards of course! They tell me everything about you. Your past. Your future. Problems in the here and now. Even your desires and dreams. That’s right!

Come forward, don’t be shy and let the cards speak to you. What will they tell you? Dark news stepping it’s way towards your door? A sweet affair about to take flight? Who can know but the cards! An interesting treat for certain but no tricks here.

I’m sure by now you’re asking, “Meushi! How do I get such a chance at a card reading?!” Well I’m glad you ask because THIS is how you can have one!

For a fortune telling, just quote me with
[quote="Meushi"] “What do the cards hold for me?!” [/quote]

And I shall read your cards as soon as possible! Please only ask for one reading a Day if you would like more than one. The power of the cards can only do so much after all.
So with that, and maybe a Tip towards me? Happy Readings my little Fortune Cookies.

Oh and...if you make a mess...I'LL BREAK YOUR LEGS....dramatic zoom up of face*....Happy Halloween....

Versatile Wolf

24,650 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
❤◈Thank you for your custom!◈❤

And a hearty thank you to all of our workers
And:

Mississippi Black Velvet, For all her aid in the making of this event.
Yeata Zi, For all her help despite her upcoming wedding and best wishes from all our staff.
To the planning thread regulars for the moral support. That includes Blackrosekitten21, Jisen Meizuki, Odd Cinderella and many more.
To Hydro, for the lovely banners and help with formatting.
And a special thanks to Jisen Meizuki for being patient when it comes to my nonsense.

Versatile Wolf

24,650 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
And so it begins. Welcome, welcome one and all to the Heart Break Cafe! ~❤

In a relationship with A Fictional Character

Magical Librarian

*pops in and drops off a delivery of free cookies for you all*

dun worry, pretty sure the blood didn't get on em~

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

drakokatze

I do not mind blood. *nibbles a cookie*

Magical Librarian

Salathielly
drakokatze

that's good ^_^

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

drakokatze
Salathielly
drakokatze

that's good ^_^

What flavor is this, anyway? Not including the blood, that is.

Versatile Wolf

24,650 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
drakokatze

Ooo free treats~! Thankies.

Magical Librarian

Salathielly
drakokatze
Salathielly
drakokatze

that's good ^_^

What flavor is this, anyway? Not including the blood, that is.
mint dark chocolate chocolate chip xd

XinYunMei
yw ^^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out