HELL YEAH!!! Thank you.

Self-sustaining Shapeshifter

27,550 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
4laugh 4laugh

Kawaii Friend

</3 'd your thread so it'll be closer to 0. Hope you get the Firestarter achievement!

Self-sustaining Shapeshifter

27,550 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
stare stare

Friendly Lunatic

cat_neutral

Obsessive Cutie-Pie

26,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
picklesthenymph

The feeling of meeting a kindred spirit is quite overwhelming, indeed. @.@
I kind of just feel like gushing out stars and sparkles. XP
In short, prepare for a long post.

DW7 has the series' best storytelling, which is probably why I love it so…the outfit designs are a bit bleh though. Like everyone in Wu look like they wanna go clubbing or something, ya know? :/
Though I didn't get to play it I'll say DW5 has my favorite designs. Not gonna lie but the outfits are like one of the major highlights in the game for me. I remember unlocking outfits in DW4 was like one of the best things ever--clothes are awesome in game rewards. Sucks so much now you have to buy outfits…like they're suppose to be free, man. So no more costume changes for me. As for DW8, in general, I like it but it just so bland in comparison to DW7. Too kiddy, friendly, 'happy', I guess? I mean it had deaths, but the deaths lacked any oomph to them; my heart did not move for anyone.

Most of the characters are lovable though! All-time favorite is Xiahou Dun. ALWAYS LOVED HIM even when I was a little brat first playing with my brother…He's not the brightest in the bunch, but he's fiercely loyal and just plain badass. There's also that first character sentimentality, and the fact that Kazuya Nakai voices him. (This is really funny considering he voices Masamune in Sengoku Basara). His English voice suits him too. Honestly, this is one of the few games where I can actually stand the English voice acting for most of the cast, and like playing in both languages. Or at least did until Zhang Liao's voice died in DW8 Xtreme Legends.

Also, really loving Jia Xu. His character is perfect for me—in both personality and design—which is why he managed to tie with Dun for my #1. I surprised myself with that. Really, I did. XD To be honest, I prefer him in DW7 than in DW8, if you compare his recruitment cutscenes, it's fairly obvious. Though gotta love his bromance with Guo Jia. S'awesome sauce that. Can't help loving it—just can't. So, moving on to favorite ships…

Random: For a character not in Wei, I like the cute and happy Ma Dai. I think he's one of the few characters I prefer the English voice actor.

Guo Jia/Jia Xu…I'm so unhealthily obsessed with this for no real reason. Liu Shan/Xingcai…I like the dynamic: it's cute. But your Zhang He/Lu Xun makes me giggle. I can see Zhang He's eccentricity totally just attacking Lu Xun's personal bubble. Damn, those RPs must be something though, if that's your DW OTP. Cause if you never mentioned it I would have never put those two together. But I've never participated in a RP for DW or RPs in general. Too shy emotion_facepalm . I was in a magical school one once…it was fun playing as Draco in Leather pants but personal drama got out of hand in the guild and I left.

Gonna ask: Do you prefer Xun hat or sans hat? At first I didn't care for it, but now I miss it terribly. Same goes for Sun Quan's and Liu Bei's facial hair, even though I don't care about these two as characters too much.

As for fanart: Pixiv. Is. My. Home. emotion_kirakira
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Name pronunciations are tricky. The Japanese just convert the names so they flow nicely with the dialogue: you don't hear any jarring disconnect. As for the English, I'm not bothered by the pronunciations personally: my ears aren't finely attuned to Chinese's tonal sounds. I would understand complaints that someone honestly fluent in the language would have though. (Personal note: I'm Viet and we have a tonal language too. Sometimes when my friends try to say the name of our local Vietnamese-owned SuperMarket…well it hurts my ears.) How do you feel about them? Also, introduce me to some good RPs? gaia_kittenstar
OOOOOOOoooo have you listened to the character image songs yet? Current obsession right now.

Sorry for the late message. I'm too chatty.

Lol, sorry for being overwhelming. <3
Gushing is nice, I was so happy reading your message, I promise! (I did not expect such a long message holy cow! Gonna spoiler because I accidenatlly spewed even MORE back at you!)

Oh my gosh, I really enjoyed 7's story telling! I think before 7, I was just playing for the sake of playing. Then being able to fully engross myself into the story as I played was amazing! So 7 definitely has got that going.
I adored Wu's outfits, actually. x-D But I can see what you mean. Gave my boy Ling Tong a disco looking outfit what lord knows what reason.
I've played 4-8, but only the first ones. But 5 had some AMAZING costumes. Tbh, I think 6 had some pretty rad costumes too. For the most part, I really love how everyone's has changed over time.
I absolutely hate that we have to buy costumes. Like, the school uniforms are so cute, but it's ridiculous to have to pay for them, so I have never gotten any past the ones you unlock.

I can't say I felt the same about 8, partially because my heart is so easy to move. x-D If I loved a character in any other game, I definitely got sad for them in the newer ones! Lol.

Oooh. I loved Xiahou Dun too! I didn't when I was younger, I don't think, but playing 7 and 8 (and warriors orochi 2 and 3) I did get to liking him a lot. I looove seeing loyal characters, ugh. And how bad a** does someone have to be to pull an arrow from their eye and continue on their mission?!
I have never played with their Japanese voices until orochi 3 actually. I feel like... I wouldn't be able to choose one or the other.

Jia Xu is so cute in a weird way! Every time my sister and I see him, we bust into "Arabian niiiights, like Arabian daaays!" Because his hat, haha.
I loved the recruitment scene in 7. And in orochi, man. I feel like I love all the "We're joining your cause now" scenes.
As adorable as Guo Jia is, I barely remember him in 8. x-D I need to recap myself and play it soon, because I loved the new characters. I just remember nothing.

On your love for Ma Dai, I LOVE Ma Chao SO much, oh my god. I don't know what it is, but he's so cute and lovable and I love when Ma Dai called him young master. <3

I feel like I could get into Guo Jia/Jia Xu. x-D I'll replay eventually and probably be like "They were right, they ARE cute, jeez!" Lol. As much as I love Xingcai with Guan Ping, she does make a beautiful couple with lil Liu Shan. She's his hot protector babe and he's Mr. Innocence.
And I know, it is really odd! My sister and I aren't sure what got us to pair them. We played missions as them together, and even though they have like NO scenes together and don't even talk, we ended up being like "Zhang He and Lu Xun are so adorable together". And it's definitely stuck with me for many years. But I have tooons of ships. Like Gan Ning and Ling Tong. And sometimes... we play around with Zhurong and shove her in with Gan Ning and Ling Tong for a fun ot3 time.. I love her with Meng Huo, though. The in game canon relationships are way too beautiful to destroy. (Like Lu Bu and his bae. And Sima Zhou with Wang Yuangi!)
For some reason, when we rp'd her, we let her sexuality be open for exploration. While she was completely loyal and in love with her husband, he allowed her to have a good ole time with those two.

I'm sorry drama ruined an rp you once had. I've been in a few of those. )-:! At least you have the memory of leather pants. Lol. <3

I love Lu Xun's hat! But I remember in 4, when I unlocked his 3rd costume, I DIED from how cute his hair was under it! It made it much easier for lil me to try and scribble him. I do miss it, though. But I'm definitely not disappointed in how his looks have progressed. Especially that his cute little tummy gets to be seen in like, almost all the games!
I adore their facial hairless faces. Lol. But Sun Quan and Liu Bei weren't characters I thought much of until I played 7. Then I fell in love with nearly ALL the characters.

I'm sad to say your links are broken. )-:
I've scoured pixiv once before for Lu Xun art! But I think that's all on the computer that broke.

Oh, I didn't know you were Viet! That's cool. x-) I am not bothered by the name pronunciations, really, it just really confused me to grow up and hear the names pronounced usually different between every game. Cow Cow became Sao Sao (like.. in terms of how the c was pronounced!). It makes me happy that they tried so hard to pronounce them similarly to how Chinese would. But not being foreign, I feel like it'll never sound TRUE to the original language the names derived from.
I would probably butcher Vietnamese names... I'd join your friends in accidentally angering your ears.

Sadly, my RPs were usually done in person or on facebook messaging, so I can't show you! I can just blab about how... probably not in character it was. My sis and I have gone all over the place with our DW rping. And we make Guan Ping and Guan Suo (who is definitely my favorite Shu) sing Adele songs. And question how they know songs that aren't even in their era... x-D

And man!! I did NOT know there were character songs and I immediately looked up Lu Xun's! And it was GLORIOUS. I'm making a playlist on youtube now so I can happily obsess over these characters agin. Oh my gosh. They all are sooo good so far. I am not disappointed in you giving me this new discovery. *_*

Feel free to just read and ignore some of that if you don't want another essay length response... haha.

Friendly Lunatic

broken_angel453
heart
boosted you! cat_biggrin

Sparkly Sweetheart

28,825 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Object of Affection 150
I gave you a </3 to even out the count. Good luck with your achievement goals. smile

Hellraiser

58,025 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hellraiser 500
wahmbulance

Hellraiser

58,025 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hellraiser 500
wahmbulance