Welcome to Gaia! ::

I miss the achievements granting as they are completed

me too 0.93220338983051 93.2% [ 55 ]
not me 0.067796610169492 6.8% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 59 ]

I know you said there were "technical difficulties" and the achievements will be awarded after the event, but here's the problem with delayed achieevements:

1. You don't know if you're doing them right, i.e. one is boost 50 times, another is help others boost 50 times. Does that mean that if you get boosts from others but not from posting it won't count towards the boost 50 times?

People want help with boosting and that's great. I want to help people who need it to reach all the achievements (yeah I'm just here for the achievements). Now I have to ask them how many boosts they need because they can keep donating and I won't know from their boost number. Also I can't check their achievement page to see which ones they've done. It would be so much easier if I could just check without having to ask.

It's just more fun when you can see the progress as you get each achievement. It's kind of a downer when granting the achievements is an afterthought.

anyway, that's my feedback. I know it's probably too late for this event, but maybe it will help for the future. Surely I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Beloved Treasure

El8
I know you said there were "technical difficulties" and the achievements will be awarded after the event, but here's the problem with delayed achieevements:

1. You don't know if you're doing them right, i.e. one is boost 50 times, another is help others boost 50 times. Does that mean that if you get boosts from others but not from posting it won't count towards the boost 50 times?

People want help with boosting and that's great. I want to help people who need it to reach all the achievements (yeah I'm just here for the achievements). Now I have to ask them how many boosts they need because they can keep donating and I won't know from their boost number. Also I can't check their achievement page to see which ones they've done. It would be so much easier if I could just check without having to ask.

It's just more fun when you can see the progress as you get each achievement. It's kind of a downer when granting the achievements is an afterthought.

anyway, that's my feedback. I know it's probably too late for this event, but maybe it will help for the future. Surely I'm not the only one who feels this way.

and this is the main reason why i didn't bother with the event

Unholy Saint

29,690 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Healer 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I'm glad that we can at least know how many times We had boosted each team but would be great to have an icon next to the each items we already cleared on the activities list on the lower left of the event's page.

Lightbringer

While there are manual ways to keep track of it all, yeah, it's rather annoying. I just hope there's some decent titles that come from the achievements.

Toxic Fox

while I completely agree regarding the delayed grants, I'm at least glad they're now telling us all the achievements up front. so much better than all the pointless guesswork in older events.

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
Fractured_Unity
while I completely agree regarding the delayed grants, I'm at least glad they're now telling us all the achievements up front. so much better than all the pointless guesswork in older events.
I completely agree with this. Although most people knew the first day, there were some achievements that were never found in past events and that's really too bad.

I've also stopped bothering with the event just because well who really cares about the achievement system anymore? It's just an epeen for users with no other use to collect those points...
I have 4 achievements but I don't know which ones they are. I thought I should have 5 but I don't know if I should report it in bugs and if I do, what achievement will I tell them is missing.

It's good that they tell us there are achievements but it's bad when they don't grant when earned (or at least show up as available)

Impassioned Misfit

kikikimmy
I have 4 achievements but I don't know which ones they are. I thought I should have 5 but I don't know if I should report it in bugs and if I do, what achievement will I tell them is missing.

It's good that they tell us there are achievements but it's bad when they don't grant when earned (or at least show up as available)
Wait, what? How are you getting Achievements from the latest event already? Have they rolled out for some people already, or

On topic:
I'm glad we're told what we need to know ahead of time now, but not knowing if they'll actually grant them makes me anxious.
Like, I'm still missing one from last Halloween. Even filed a ticket for it. Sometimes they just miss you and then never hear you again, apparently.
X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X
kikikimmy

Wait, what? How are you getting Achievements from the latest event already? Have they rolled out for some people already, or

On topic:
I'm glad we're told what we need to know ahead of time now, but not knowing if they'll actually grant them makes me anxious.
Like, I'm still missing one from last Halloween. Even filed a ticket for it. Sometimes they just miss you and then never hear you again, apparently.

I don't actually have the achievements but when you get one completed, the broken blank achievement box shows up in your available achievements. I was finally able to get the 5th one by donating 1962 boosts (1000 to one of the NPC groups). I don't think the NPC donation triggered it because after the 1000 it still didn't show up and I continued to trade boosts back and forth with someone, checking frequently for the 5th to show up. It finally did.

I really really hope they get the achievement portion completed before Halloween or make the instructions very very clear. I wouldn't want to see this fiasco happen again.

And yeah, I have achievements on my mule account from when achievements first started that were never granted tho they were completed.

Adventuring Cat

For the help others boost achievements I'm trying to keep count by my RIGs. I think I've boosted others about 200 times. But it might be closer to 300. So I'm going to overdo it for good measure. I don't want to miss an achievement.

They really should have separated the user and NPC boost counts. I haven't had to keep track like this since the earliest Gaia events.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff