Welcome to Gaia! ::

MeIanite's Princess

Illuminated Demigod

Whenever people have their journals available on their profile I always take a peek.
Mostly because I'm a stalker but they're interesting, to a degree.

Fashionable Gaian

I use mine to store stuff and other info. I wish they give it a face lift.

Elemental Harmonizer

47,075 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Harmony of Elements 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
I used my journal a lot in old school Gaia, now I barely use it as if I've forgotten about it. This change happened after summer 2013. The only thing I'd do with the journal now is store art, emoticons and avatar edits, though I don't collect those any more.
I have used it in the past when it was a new feature on gaia,
the old days. *sigh* But i have only used it in the later years
to show off avi art I've bought or gotten for free

I've used my journal almost everyday for 5-7 years (I can't remember) but I guess I stopped using it because no one is there to read it.
Which I mean it's on friends-only but most of my friends were never as into Gaia as I was so they kinda drifted.

I think Journals does need an overhaul. I wish that feature was more looked at by the staff, but it's an unpopular feature.
Though I don't think it would be so unpopular if it had a new look with better content.
All I know is that if they changed just a few things about it I would start using mine again.

Niche Enthusiast

17,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • NPCon Fanatic 500
  • Hellraiser 500
I've been using it on an occasional basis to keep track of info and links I find on Gaia, so technically it's a glorified notepad.

If they do ever decide to revamp the journals, I really hope they keep the old entries and their comments readable. There's so much good history on there, especially by those who used to be staff.

azphyxxxiate's Girlfriend

Spoopy Bat

Easy access information storage and I love it for this purpose. Special symbols, signatures I'm not using atm, profile codes, old art. It's nice to have a dumping ground for that info, without having to worry about remembering extra passwords, site names or where I put it. I'd be pretty unhappy if they ever got rid of it or updated in such a way as to make the old entries broken.
I have never used it lol

Dedicated Treasure-Seeker

eek
I forgot they even existed! Actually, I haven't paid attention to any aspect of profiles for ages. I think I remember using my Journal to keep tabs on something or other...people who sent me gifts and bits of art, but that was a long time ago.

Aged Pumpkin

I used to use the Journals a lot, mainly for writing drafts for RP plots and character profiles.
Now I mainly use them for avatar archives.

Obsessive Hoarder

ah, journals... the last time I ever looked at mine was so I could delete all the posts I made back in '09 emotion_facepalm

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I've seen some journals being used as a backup for their threads (e.g., lists, artworks) but journals for writing (RPs, poems, short stories, etc.) are rare. Heck, I think the problem isn't just in Gaia. Most younger people nowadays don't write anymore. They prefer memes, quotes from other writers, photos to express their sentiments and opinions.

I don't use my Gaia journal because I already have two blogs. There's little chance of my posts getting a lot of readers so I didn't bother.

Shameless Visionary

19,000 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Never Give Up 35
I use mine for a character journal. That is, I started one for the character I was roleplaying at the time I came to Gaia. But the guild I was playing her in went inactive fairly quickly, and I never updated the journal after 2013. It's still visible on my profile page, though. I guess now it is sort of an advertisement for my roleplaying style and abilities.

IRL Glitch

24,725 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
I use mine for two things: avatar gallery (hasn't been updated in probably a year due to hiatus...need to fix with recent stuff), and Christmas/birthday wishlist stuff since I have an old profile (circa 2009 I think) that I didn't get a wishlist section for for whatever reason.
Other than that, I look at other people's journals if they put it out there, though mostly just the site artists.

iFaiji's Pardner

Much Hobo

42,425 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
i use mine for tracking my grand quest [Alchemy Wing Mastery] also before when i was into vending I keep track on what i buy and for what value i bought them so i could determine some stuffs if i decided to sell them

so yeah maybe just those two
ow stuffs that i would like to take note like maybe some links to check on later
and LQI dates so i would know if its already possible for a re-release after 6mos. etc specially if i really want the item and don't want to spend ridiculously

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff