Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,550 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Hi everyone whee

This sub forum seems quiet dead, which is a shame!
I was hoping to make some friends here to share motivational stories and such with smile

Little bit about me..
I started lifting about a year, year and a half ago. First I did a lot of power lifting stuff, while recently I've switched to olympic (a little over a month ago). I've got my first comp next month! Both nervous and excited for what it'll be like and what i'll be able to pull off xp
I have a coach, but I also train by myself, he does usually make my work out schedules though since he's helping me prep for my competition (it's just an unofficial, for fun one).

I've just come back from a week of holiday where I only did hikes and when i got back to lifting it was awful crying haha. Whelp, I'm ready to get back on it exclaim

So please, feel free to discuss lifting stuff, share stories, how you got into it, favourite routines, what excersizes you love or hate, anything you want to share! I want to read it all 3nodding heart

Dapper Attacker

I started working out and strength training about 3 months ago.
I dont do heavy lifting yet. I'm super broke so I
just use my apartment complex gym with
dumbbells and stuff. But would love to get into
heavier lifting. I also am vegetarian, have been
for about six months. I lost 9 pounds of fat and
gained 6 pounds of muscle.

It's great to be fit! :3

Nimble Angel

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Luck of the Draw 50
What got me into weight lifting in the first place were the Les Mills Bodypump classes I'd take at my local gym. There are new releases every three months and I find the latest one to be a real kick in my a** quite a lot of the time, especially #2 on the track release that requires you to really load up weight on your barbell and slow pulse squats to keep up, as well as the bicep track which also seems to kick my a** the more I challenge myself with my weight load.

Still, it gave me a real taster for strength training in general to the point where I'd sneak quite a bit of it in when I have free time and my body feels up to it.

Darth Khaleesi's Husband

OG Gatekeeper

I started weightlifting about 3 years ago, on and off though depending on University and life stresses.
What got me into it was Cheerleading, I was a base, and I wanted to get stronger and stronger.

I'm only using my apartment gym at the moment since I'm broke and don't want to pay a gym fee, but I'm still finding ways to make it intense.

I was on holiday over Canadian thanksgiving where I pretty much did nothing but eat for a week, and I was so surprised at how much stronger I was after the break. I'm surprised you find it awful, I was so happy!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff