Welcome to Gaia! ::

Golden Capitalist

9,150 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
women taxable, you want planned parenthood to come back to rip out fetuses and sell them for profit? You're the one's that will be taxed, not men. If we don't have a single say according to you SJW's, it shouldn't be a man's issue to support someone who doesn't want a baby, or was irresponsible to have one.

We pay AT LEAST 50% if not, MORE of the taxes that go to women's health, so I say, just make a female-specific tax. If men don't have a say in a woman getting an abortion or not, then we shouldn't be taxed for it.

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Ok,
1. I don't think you specifically tax one gender; plus there'd be the issue of women who file jointly with their husbands
2. Not all women support abortions, so you'd be punishing them all for some of their opinions
3. As various people on this forum have said, PP is not primarily about abortions and even without it, abortions are still going to be happening.
I can't even get pregnant in the first place, do I still have to pay?

Golden Capitalist

9,150 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
Young King under Heaven
Ok,
1. I don't think you specifically tax one gender; plus there'd be the issue of women who file jointly with their husbands
2. Not all women support abortions, so you'd be punishing them all for some of their opinions
3. As various people on this forum have said, PP is not primarily about abortions and even without it, abortions are still going to be happening.

Why not tax one gender? Let the men be taxed for men's health, and women for women's health. It's not that difficult to grasp.

If they file jointly with their husband than half of the tax would go to women's health and the other half to men's health.

Well, they're punishing us through taxation on something we have no say on.

PP is still a for profit, fetus killer, it doesn't change the fact that that sort of activity needs to be abolished.

Golden Capitalist

9,150 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
Beware GSK Is Coming
I can't even get pregnant in the first place, do I still have to pay?

You still get taxed for making minimum wage, so of course.
I agree---somewhat.

I disagree for 2 reasons:
1. It's not fair to women against abortion
2. It's often the case that a man will force his wife to get an abortion

I think a better solution would be to make you have to pay for abortion.
I mean, if I have to pay to get a filling, abortions shouldn't be free either.
I don't want tax money going towards abortion in general
El Caudillo
women taxable, you want planned parenthood to come back to rip out fetuses and sell them for profit? You're the one's that will be taxed, not men. If we don't have a single say according to you SJW's, it shouldn't be a man's issue to support someone who doesn't want a baby, or was irresponsible to have one.

We pay AT LEAST 50% if not, MORE of the taxes that go to women's health, so I say, just make a female-specific tax. If men don't have a say in a woman getting an abortion or not, then we shouldn't be taxed for it.

Keeping things in the binary for ease of explanation only. When a man induces pregnancy in a woman, he imposes a biological tax on her that he himself will never be required to pay. In the nominal case (an ordinary pregnancy leading to an ordinary birth,) she'll actually be paying this tax for 2-3 years, as there isn't a magical revert button that snaps her back to pre-pregnancy status after the birth.

Depending on what line of work the woman has chosen, the tax can potentially consume as much as 100% of her income after other taxes and before expenditures (in cases where the pregancy actually makes the work unfeasible) - and American law actually sucks on the world stage when it comes to minimising this effect.

The biological tax also reflects itself in considerable changes in body-form, which of course require at least one overhaul of the woman's wardrobe. This is, of course, a female-specific tax, and in one of the several economic areas in which women are already disproportionately "taxed" compared to men.

(No, really, women's clothing tends to be more expensive and less durable than men's clothing of equivalent function.)

In short, pregnancy itself is a number of female-specific taxes.

-----

There's also other problems. Let's say you get the culture of natality that you want to achieve. Your taxes are going to be diverted toward:

- Mitigating the problems stemming from families being driven into poverty (that is, welfare for the poor);
- Handling the increased need for foster care and suchlike, particularly for special needs children;
- Responding to increased crime rates stemming from the increase in poor people and children of unstable background.
- Ironically enough, women's health issues, as you will have systematically eviscerated their access to anything resembling health care at the points they most need the support.

A world resembling your ideal has been attempted; I'll leave it to you to research Decree 770 in the history of Romanian law. If it helps, also research a fellow named Nicolae Ceausescu. Spoiler: the story ends about as well as you'd expect. And it'd be worse here, since unlike your ideal, at least it could be said that Communist Romania's health care was somewhat accessible.

Compared to all of that, it seems more efficient to divert taxes toward health care, including women's health care. (Note that in America, the government specifically does not permit its money to be used for the subsidy of abortion anyway.)

Golden Capitalist

9,150 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
Sandokiri

Keeping things in the binary for ease of explanation only. When a man induces pregnancy in a woman, he imposes a biological tax on her that he himself will never be required to pay. In the nominal case (an ordinary pregnancy leading to an ordinary birth,) she'll actually be paying this tax for 2-3 years, as there isn't a magical revert button that snaps her back to pre-pregnancy status after the birth.

Depending on what line of work the woman has chosen, the tax can potentially consume as much as 100% of her income after other taxes and before expenditures (in cases where the pregancy actually makes the work unfeasible) - and American law actually sucks on the world stage when it comes to minimising this effect.

The biological tax also reflects itself in considerable changes in body-form, which of course require at least one overhaul of the woman's wardrobe. This is, of course, a female-specific tax, and in one of the several economic areas in which women are already disproportionately "taxed" compared to men.

(No, really, women's clothing tends to be more expensive and less durable than men's clothing of equivalent function.)

In short, pregnancy itself is a number of female-specific taxes.

-----

There's also other problems. Let's say you get the culture of natality that you want to achieve. Your taxes are going to be diverted toward:

- Mitigating the problems stemming from families being driven into poverty (that is, welfare for the poor);
- Handling the increased need for foster care and suchlike, particularly for special needs children;
- Responding to increased crime rates stemming from the increase in poor people and children of unstable background.
- Ironically enough, women's health issues, as you will have systematically eviscerated their access to anything resembling health care at the points they most need the support.

A world resembling your ideal has been attempted; I'll leave it to you to research Decree 770 in the history of Romanian law. If it helps, also research a fellow named Nicolae Ceausescu. Spoiler: the story ends about as well as you'd expect. And it'd be worse here, since unlike your ideal, at least it could be said that Communist Romania's health care was somewhat accessible.

Compared to all of that, it seems more efficient to divert taxes toward health care, including women's health care. (Note that in America, the government specifically does not permit its money to be used for the subsidy of abortion anyway.)

What a great way to make birth into a financial model before looking at all the ethics:

A man who leaves a pregnant woman is not a man, that's why I firmly believe a couple should marry before having any intentions of having sex or thoughts of children in general.
Having a baby is shared equally between a man and woman in terms of blame. It's not totally a man's fault and it's not totally the woman's fault. So making men seem like they're inept, morally, is quite sexist.

See the prices of maternity clothing should be the same as men's maternity clothing... oh right, we don't have to carry a thing in our stomach for 9 months, so there is no standard for comparison and no real "right" price for maternity clothing, it's unjust but it can simply be undone by promoting businesses who make cheaper maternity clothes or go the rebel route and just boycott the entire business and sew your own clothes to fit you.

No, young families now a days are in that situation because of their own poor decisions, like having sex that has the potential for a fetus to appear, not because we're not pumping enough welfare into the system, we're actually pumping too much if people are abusing it.

Fostercare should be handled by state by state basis, because we don't need another national problem of who we transfer welfare checks to. State funded foster care should be a necessity and adoption should be advertised to the general public.

Also, I never said that abortion was not possible, they'll have to pay for it themselves or through donations, but no federal funding should EVER go to paying for abortions.

Also, I never said contraception would be "illegal" which will debunk your assumptions I'm a sort of reactionary that clearly hasn't researched enough.

Decree 770 is not what I would attempt, and your assumption of me doing so is quite disgusting and sexist.

Angelic Ladykiller

9,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
What are your views on Childfree?
Should they simply never be allowed to have sex because they never want children?
If so, why should they not have the right to express love?
El Caudillo
What a great way to make birth into a financial model before looking at all the ethics:

A man who leaves a pregnant woman is not a man, that's why I firmly believe a couple should marry before having any intentions of having sex or thoughts of children in general.
Having a baby is shared equally between a man and woman in terms of blame. It's not totally a man's fault and it's not totally the woman's fault. So making men seem like they're inept, morally, is quite sexist.

See the prices of maternity clothing should be the same as men's maternity clothing... oh right, we don't have to carry a thing in our stomach for 9 months,

So you do have some awareness of the key difference between men and women with regard to pregnancy. It's not something that can simply be dismissed with two-to-tango. Also, maternity clothing is a cost that is borne by women but not men, which is exactly what you are proposing with "female specific tax." That's why I mentioned it.

Quote:
No, young families now a days are in that situation because of their own poor decisions, like having sex that has the potential for a fetus to appear, not because we're not pumping enough welfare into the system, we're actually pumping too much if people are abusing it.

Quick question before this line is continued. Are you opposed to sex education - and I'm not including abstinence-centered "sex ed" in this?

(As a note, I agree that people should wield their Primary Weapons responsibly.)

Quote:
Fostercare should be handled by state by state basis, because we don't need another national problem of who we transfer welfare checks to. State funded foster care should be a necessity and adoption should be advertised to the general public.

I'm also not saying that it necessarily needs to be on the federal level, though there are several states that I wouldn't trust to implement such things without a federal standard. 3nodding

Quote:
Also, I never said that abortion was not possible, they'll have to pay for it themselves or through donations, but no federal funding should EVER go to paying for abortions.

And it doesn't. So if that's your only issue, then you already have it, and I'm not sure what else you're trying to get at.

Golden Capitalist

9,150 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
Sandokiri

So you do have some awareness of the key difference between men and women with regard to pregnancy. It's not something that can simply be dismissed with two-to-tango. Also, maternity clothing is a cost that is borne by women but not men, which is exactly what you are proposing with "female specific tax." That's why I mentioned it.

"so there is no standard for comparison and no real "right" price for maternity clothing, it's unjust but it can simply be undone by promoting businesses who make cheaper maternity clothes or go the rebel route and just boycott the entire business and sew your own clothes to fit you."

This whole issue is an example of capitalism's effects on our needs and their inability to stop being greedy and putting a price on necessary items, like condoms, tampons, contraception, ect.

Sandokiri
Quick question before this line is continued. Are you opposed to sex education - and I'm not including abstinence-centered "sex ed" in this?

No, I'm absolutely for sex education in schools, we should make it compulsory from 6th-12th grade that the schools should have at least 2 sessions per school year to discuss it, and other rigorous measures to aid it.

Sandokiri
I'm also not saying that it necessarily needs to be on the federal level, though there are several states that I wouldn't trust to implement such things without a federal standard. 3nodding

Let the people who want to live in that state to live comfortably by their laws regardless of how much you disagree with the laws of that state, there are 49 other choices, no one is telling you to live in that state.

Feral Nymph

El Caudillo

Let the people who want to live in that state to live comfortably by their laws regardless of how much you disagree with the laws of that state, there are 49 other choices, no one is telling you to live in that state.

For someone who is ridiculously obsessed with babies in utero, you certainly don't give a ******** once they're out. I'm sure unwanted children in foster care can totally just move to a different state.

Golden Capitalist

9,150 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
Pessimist
El Caudillo

For someone who is ridiculously obsessed with babies in utero, you certainly don't give a ******** once they're out. I'm sure unwanted children in foster care can totally just move to a different state.

There's a department of transportation for a reason, there is no shame in federal departments cooperating with each other, it's just a pure negligence of the system by common politicians and an inability to rationally think of solutions through deliberations by these agencies.

We can move orphans to another state if need be, just no one's thought of that, or even mentioned that.

Feral Nymph

El Caudillo
Pessimist
El Caudillo

There's a department of transportation for a reason, there is no shame in federal departments cooperating with each other, it's just a pure negligence of the system by common politicians and an inability to rationally think of solutions through deliberations by these agencies.

We can move orphans to another state if need be, just no one's thought of that, or even mentioned that.

You...truly do not understand how anything works, do you?

Okay, where would the money to transport orphans come from? Even outside your bizarre fantasy, social services for children are chronically underfunded. So where would we find the money to move them to a 'better' state come from? Who would pay for that?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff