Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Spark

Quote:
(NEWSER) – A suspected drunk driver's 7-year-old son ratted her out to officers Monday night in Indiana, WTHR reports. The Randolph County Sheriff's Office says 25-year-old Audrey McColm nearly crashed head-on into an off-duty officer, who followed her and watched her nearly crash a few more times. An on-duty officer met McColm at a residence and asked if she had been drinking. According to the Star Press, McColm denied it, but her son—who had been in the car with her—chimed in: "Yes you have, Mom." The Sheriff's Office says McColm had a BAC of 0.237—nearly three times the legal limit—at the time of her arrest. WTHR reports she was uncooperative at the jail, allegedly asking officers to shoot her in the head, stripping naked, and refusing to put on the jail jumpsuit.

Sounds like this kid needs a new mom. I love how the article says he "ratted" her out and he "tattled" on her. The kid was very mature reporting this to the authorities. We don't need more innocent people dead due to drunk drivers.

http://www.newser.com/story/213095/cops-boy-tattles-on-drunk-driving-mom.html
Hope they find some better guardian for the kid until his mom cleans herself up.
. If that's not possible for the mother, some good foster home.
The Kid should be proud of their self because if his mother wants to drink, fine that's her choice, but she should go down alone the kid shouldn't go with her.
Allioli

Sounds like this kid needs a new mom. I love how the article says he "ratted" her out and he "tattled" on her. The kid was very mature reporting this to the authorities. We don't need more innocent people dead due to drunk drivers.

Sounds like the reporter needs a new mom. Using that kind of language about an actual crime? Seriously?

kuroreo's Waifu

Peaceful Light

27,575 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
Good, I have lost someone due to drunk driving. I don't drink often and I haven't gotten drunk in a long long time. I honestly don't get why people feel the need to drink and then drive. If it is for social entertainment, then just drink a coke or something if you don't have a ride...
Silverlight Symphony
Good, I have lost someone due to drunk driving. I don't drink often and I haven't gotten drunk in a long long time. I honestly don't get why people feel the need to drink and then drive. If it is for social entertainment, then just drink a coke or something if you don't have a ride...

Being drunk can give you confidence and it's not easy to gauge how drunk you are when you're drunk. I'm not advocating drunk driving at all, I'm just saying you think drunk when you're drunk.

kuroreo's Waifu

Peaceful Light

27,575 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
Moral Gutpunch
Silverlight Symphony

Being drunk can give you confidence and it's not easy to gauge how drunk you are when you're drunk. I'm not advocating drunk driving at all, I'm just saying you think drunk when you're drunk.

If confidence is needed, drinking is one way to lose it. If they can remember the night before, may never want to leave their house again lol

Demonic Businesswoman

10,825 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
All I can say is Smart Kid, Dumb Mother.

Kawaii Shoujo

Kudos to the son by doing the right thing, telling the police officers the truth, and hopefully he has loving relatives which would take him in.

lastborntripletmack's Significant Otter

Popular Seeker

37,665 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Simple Romantic 50
Moral Gutpunch
Allioli

Sounds like the reporter needs a new mom. Using that kind of language about an actual crime? Seriously?
I think she is using the exact words the seven year old used if she interviewed him. They should also charge her with child endangerment since she risked his life driving drunk.

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Good, I'd have done the same thing. My dad drunk drove once with me in the car and nearly skid off the road.
The kid definitely needs a new mum.

Wintry Dragon

Brain genes came from the father.
Mom's are drowning in alcohol.

Fluffy Treasure-Seeker

10,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Generous 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
I hope the mom cleans herself and gets some sense crammed into her skull. Honestly, she could've killed herself, her son, and the cop she ran into. cat_scream

Quotable Prophet

Seriously? "Ratted" her out? That implies the kid did wrong by telling the truth, or that it wasn't already freaking obvious by her previous actions and the BAL that she was full of it. That was not only wrong of her to drink and drive in the first place and put others at risk, that was child endangerment because she had her son in the car. Not only does that kid need a better mom, but whoever wrote that needs remedial classes in journalism.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff