Welcome to Gaia! ::

I like them both, but I like the cartilage piercing a bit more. But the problem is I am in college and I am pretty sure my parents would be pissed off if they knew I got one. I will be going home the week after getting it done. Are they easy to hide? Like if I wear my hear down will it be covered? And how hard is the piercing to take care of? Does it get infected really easily? Being in college and all I don't want to create any problems. If you were me, what would you do? And keep in mind that I am living at college and use public bathrooms shared with the hall. Would it be bad to clean my earrings in there since its a public bathroom with germs. Like there would be germs on the handle of the sink even after I washed my hands. Would it be easy to get infected since I would cleaning them in a public bathroom?

Eloquent Vampire

Infection is 99% wearer error, meaning if you get one, it's your fault.

If you're that concerned and not confident in your own hygiene and ability to maintain it, and what your parents think, don't get anything done at all right now.

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
I wouldn't, just because you have a lot of reasons listed on why not to, and no real good reasons to do it.

If you're not sure, then don't.

Ear piercings are easy to get, and your ears aren't going anywhere. Wait until you're sure.

And if your parents are still supporting you in any way, you probably shouldn't piss then off.
XXxxElectric_RainbowXXxx

If your parents disagree with you getting an ear pierce now, then you should wait.
And I agree with both Jagger-Wolf and Shark Bacon.
It's not fun having an infection. I remember when my sis got a belly pierce and the person did it
wrong and had to do it 3 times.. she got a really nasty infection. Now.. it's ok. But don't go through with it.. it's stupid if you do.

And yes, you'll always have your ears.. unless some random ninja comes over and decides to slice your ears off... then... maybe... but highly unlikely.

Just wait when you graduate from college and maybe then your parents will be much more supportive... hopefully.

Pliskin MD's Wife

Spoopy Bear

17,525 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500

It doesn't seem like you know how to take care of one, so no. Don't bother. User Image

✘✘✘

Fashionable Gekko

11,400 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Trader 100
  • Cart Raider 100

Fashionable Noob

People don't notice my cartilage piercing that often. I wear a lot of small jewelry though too. Never had an infection on that piercing...im also rather lucky with piercing infections overall though. Never had one from getting a piercing done...only ever developed one from metal allergies (is stick to gold, titanium, and surgical steel now). Takes longer to heal than a lobe. That area is more prone to discomfort if you sleep in earrings but i've found jewelry that works just fine for me.

If you have a hall bathroom you'll be keeping your stuff in a caddy or something anyways. Just keep your own stuff clean. There's no situation where you need to touch a bathroom door then touch your ear. Hang a mirror in your room too. You just have to like squirt some solution on it and twist it everyday. It's been a while for me, maybe im missing something, but it's not complicated unless something goes wrong.
!d!ot Amer!ca

It doesn't seem like you know how to take care of one, so no. Don't bother. User Image

✘✘✘
No I know how to take care of piercings. I have gotten piercings before. I'm just scared of something going wrong.

Eloquent Vampire

XXxxElectric_RainbowXXxx
!d!ot Amer!ca

✘✘✘
No I know how to take care of piercings. I have gotten piercings before. I'm just scared of something going wrong.
If you know how they "work", then you know that infection is 99% of the time your own fault. They don't just happen, they rarely ever happen from the shop (assuming you go to an actual, experienced, licensed professional, not somewhere in the mall or someone's bathroom), and they're actually not common at all. Most people's idea of "infection" is really just irritation, and both are treated very differently.

So if you're so concerned that you can't take care of them properly in your current situation, don't get anything done at all. And if your so concerned with what your parents think, especially if they are financing you or taking care of you in any way, then don't get anything done.

Enduring Phantom

A cartilage piercing is fairly...mild? I mean they might not even notice. They're so common. It's not like you came back from college failing all your classes and pregnant rolleyes

As for the cleaning, I would say just do it morning and night and leave it alone during the day. You don't want to over clean it and it'd better to be sanitary than to keep messing with it.

Personally, I have had both and I never had any problems.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff