Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Dabbler

How do I get to know my true self on a more intimate level?
When I start feeling undefined and like I'm losing color, what should I do?
What I want long term is such a mystery to me that I can't make my next move in life.
I need to stare my ego in the face and analyze the reflection.
I know this sounds like hippy bs. Maybe it is.
Chu think LD?

Protective Healer

gaia_angelleft I'm dueling with a similar problem, where I am so focused in the "now" that I forget to plan for my future. If you are in school/work, try to take a couple days to do a personal road-trip by yourself. There are so many things that become enlightening just by doing it yourself.

Go across state borders and go to a museum, check out tourist attractions, etc. where you would typically be accompanied by someone else. By doing these "social" events by yourself, you are forced to turn to your inner mystery and question things.

I know it sounds vague, but hopefully that will help you.

Dapper Dabbler

Azg
CandiedOnions

What I want long term is such a mystery to me that I can't make my next move in life.
Get a job if you don't have one; money is choice.
I have a job. Its mediocre and pays horribly and isn't emotionally satisfying at all.

Dapper Dabbler

Forelourne
        gaia_angelleft I'm dueling with a similar problem, where I am so focused in the "now" that I forget to plan for my future. If you are in school/work, try to take a couple days to do a personal road-trip by yourself. There are so many things that become enlightening just by doing it yourself.

Go across state borders and go to a museum, check out tourist attractions, etc. where you would typically be accompanied by someone else. By doing these "social" events by yourself, you are forced to turn to your inner mystery and question things.

This was both vague and helpful! Thank you. I do tend to rely on friends and family for entertainment a tad bit.

Magical Tree

Keep a journal or something. Figure out what you can't stand, what you can't live without. Things that build you up or break you down.

Try doing things alone versus with someone or a group.

Dapper Dabbler

Azg
CandiedOnions
Azg
CandiedOnions

Get a job if you don't have one; money is choice.
I have a job. Its mediocre and pays horribly and isn't emotionally satisfying at all.
It sounds like you need to budget better. Also, work isn't supposed to emotionally satisfy you: that's what the money is for.
Sounds like you're very good at making assumptions. Money doesn't fill any voids. It isn't emotionally satisfying in the least bit, imo.

Protective Healer

CandiedOnions
Forelourne

This was both vague and helpful! Thank you. I do tend to rely on friends and family for entertainment a tad bit.
        gaia_angelleft I think we all do in a way! If you ever want to talk about your travels (afterwards, of course!) feel free to quote or PM me. I'd like to know if you decide to do a trip on your own and if so, what it was like! This is my last year in college so I'm hoping to do something similar in a year from now.
Chu think LD?

There are a couple things that have helped me on my road of self discovery, journaling, and letting myself be uncomfortable.

Journaling allowed me to gain an introspective view of my life, thoughts, wants, and hopes. It allowed me to uncover what I truly felt and my viewpoints. Keeping a journal let me acknowledge the thoughts and feelings that I would've just otherwise bottled.

In order to change your life you have to let yourself be uncomfortable. You have to leave a familiar and predictable comfort zone. Push yourself to do new things. Ever start listing off reasons why you couldn't do something? Stop that, you have to challenge yourself. Building up a list of reasons why you can't do something is just putting up a wall that will stop you from moving forward. You have you put yourself out there and give your character room to build and grow.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
CandiedOnions
Chu think LD?

Well... here's a question... how do you expect to define or recognize your "true self"? What makes you you?

I've kind of been where you were... and I dunno, I think I found solace in eastern philosophy. It may have saved me from going to a more nihilistic viewpoint of the understanding that... strictly speaking, we don't exist.

Ultimately left me with a notion that you shouldn't point the mirror at "yourself." It's just pointing a mirror at a mirror. You get an infinite hallway of mirrors, and that's just nuts.

Point your mirror at the world, man. That's you.

Magnetic Duck

15,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 7 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
you are artist and artwork at the same time
you are creating yourself nonstop
if you picture yourself not beeing able to find yourself then thats the picture you paint
if you picture yourself beeing a failure and having bad luck and no time then thats the picture you paint
if you picture yourself finding what you really want then thats the picture you paint
if you believe in limits you paint them
its your freedom what kind of picture you want to paint of yourself
if you dont want to repaint past experience .. let it go .. dont fight it .. coz if u fight it you assume its still there and therefore create it
think creative not conservative
whatever thoughts or feelings disturb you .. dont fight them ..and they will flow away
a caterpillar weaves itself into its own darkness to become a butterfly and leave it behind
if you want to trancend your shadows ...embrace them dont fight them wink

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces