Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blessed Loiterer

User Image
'Not everyone knows how work for a livin'...
"ℓincoln мarkus נя."

Lincoln wasn't so keen on just jumping onto the plan of this new guy, however, it was the trust in strangers that has been keeping Lincoln alive this long. Lincoln scratched the back of his neck and looked toward the horde and sighed. "We need to get that horde off the two soon or we will be screwed over." that's when he saw the Horde turning and going across the bridge. Lincoln looked across the river, scanning the buildings but he hadn't identified anything. He swung his rifle around his shoulder into his arms and pressed the scope against his eye. He scanned the other side of the river. Though, nothing seemed to be there, something was clearly getting the attention of the Undone, and whatever it was they deserve a good thanks. Either way Lincoln looked to Elliot and rolled his head on his neck. "We don't have to long before the undone come after us. So let's round up the girls and head back. I think I'm going to look for whoever caused that opening for is still alive." Lincoln looked to the staircase that winded down to the side of the building. He jogged down and came to the bottom staircase. The ladder that would let anyone whom found themselves trapped had fallen to the ground, and it was about eight or nine feet up. But there was a trash bin a few feet away, but it was a tad bit of a jump. Lincoln climbed onto the railing and lowered himself to the otherside and hopped ontop of the trash bin. Lincoln pressed his body to the side of the bin and started to push the rusted bin that creaked and moaned in protest to its movement. Lincoln sat at the bottom for a few moments before he started to wander out of the alley and look toward the streets and where the two were. Lincoln started to run toward them and tried to be as quiet as he could. Lincoln grabbed a rusted pipe that lated under a pile of waterlogged papers hoping it would be a good enough weapon until he could replace it with something else.

Lincoln turned to the street that Ghost and the stranger were on, Lincoln stood for a moment, waiting for two to respond to his sudden appearance.

ThePheonixLotus

Xaumeric

Angry Vampire_LoVeR96

... But now, you gotta work to survive.'
Indila Belle

♦Combat Medic♦

“We don't develop courage by being happy every day.
We develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity."

User Image

Wiping the blood off her face, Indila watched the two survivors exchange some words before the female headed her way and the male the other; ''Thank god my mouth and eyes were closed' she thought. The watched the women crouch down and head her way very quietly 'very smart' she thought 'the less you show the less you are seen'. Indila wasn't surprised when the women pointed the revolver in her direction 'you must take precautions' she thought agreeing in the women's motive.

Clearing her throat, Indila held her head up high as she raised her hands slightly in surrender "That is very smart to be cautious" she said with a small smile "And no I have not been bitten nor has any blood of the undone made its way into my system" she added as she laid her hands down "If you don't believe me, i can always show you my skin" she stated but turned her attention to the horde then back at the women "Well once we are safe, so right now you going to have to trust me for a little bit" she said as she grabbed onto her twin daggers she had gained back from the undone on the roof.

Waiting for a response from the female, Indila turned her attention to the horde. 'What is going on?' she thought as she watched them turn and head in a different direction 'It's like someone is distracting them'. Looking back at the women she smiled "We might actually have a chance in getting out of this alive" she said almost excitedly 'I won't have to die' she thought in hope. Movement in the corner of Indila's eye caught her attention and without hesitation the women threw a dagger in the direction. The dagger landed about two inches from the man barely missing him.

Indila's eyes widened as she realized she almost killed the male survivor 'Well s**t' she yelled at her self before giving a small oops smile "I'm sorry I did not mean to try to kill you" she whispered feeling apologetic as she took her other hand off the dagger to show she really did not mean harm. 'Well isn't this going good' she thought sarcastically to herself as the looked between the two survivors and the one that seemed a little out of it.

"Memories have huge staying power, but like dreams,
they thrive in the dark, surviving for decades in the deep waters of our
minds like shipwrecks on the sea bed.”

Where am I: On a roof by the bridge
Who I'm with: Three survivors
Rupert Part-time Decayed

ThePheonixLotus

Xaumeric

Genetic Genocide

Unbeatable Warrior

10,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Elliot reached into his bag, ready to unfold his master plan until Lincoln turned to the direction of the horde. Elliot turned back to see what had distracted the man from Elliot's moment of glory only to see his thunder stolen. "Da ********]" He said confused, the undone had turned to seek something else and as a result lost interest in the makeshift party. "Well, never mind then." Elliot said as Lincoln began making his way down the side of the building using the fire escape. Elliot followed behind, it was about a single yard in distance between the two men. As Elliot made his way down who took note of the gap between where the ladder ended and where the ground was. A good nine feet, Elliot was easily six feet and couple of inches, so he could easily make the gap with little hassle. He squatted down, grabbed the end of the ladder, lowered himself down so that he was hanging from it, and then let go once he was dangling down. He landed with a soft thud as he squatted from the impact of a three foot drop. Peace a cake for the tall guys, right.

As Lincoln silently maneuvered through the debris and trash for what seemed to be a rusted pipe. Blunt objects always a fan favorite in a zombie apocalypse right. Elliot would prefer to keep his distance but he understood why Lincoln needed the blunt object, his gun was too loud, and his only form of offense against undone. To risk shooting meant risk alerting more. The pipe on the other hand, in gamer logic something Elliot was a fan of in the past, meant nigh-infinite ammo as well as silent kills. Unless your hardcore and want to count in weapon durability but lets filthy casuals and ignore such a thing. Elliot rubbed his head, sobriety was definitely kicking in as he moved around with Lincoln until meeting up with the ladies, and by ladies he meant two gorgeous ladies he wanted to get to know more intimately. Well that was until a dagger was thrown at Lincoln, and Elliot out of drunken shock, hopped behind Elliot like a character from Scooby-Doo. So not the best introduction.

Elliot noticed as her eyes widened as she realized she almost killed Lincoln. "It's all good, not like you were aiming for me." He said taking the appology for himself that was clearly meant for Lincoln. Her small smile was adorable to Elliot as he slipped past Lincoln and made himself fully visible to Indila. "Hello, there." He said trying to sound suave, and bit flirtatious. "I'm Elliot, glad to see you didn't get eaten. I would've broken my heart to see such a beautiful lady as you become a meal." He said as he brushed his hair from his eyes, a charming smile on his face. "I wish we could of met under different circumstances." He said extending his hand, until someone in the distance caught his eyes.

Elliot spotted a Silver haired man in the distance, a few undone not to far from him. Readying his bow by slipping it off his shoulder and nocking an arrow, he took aim at the undone, Wolf was trying to let slip by him. Elliot, fired an arrow, and in a quick succession fired off another. Both arrows finding their mark in the horde's strangler's heads. They dropped with a light thud, and the path was clear. "Still got it." Elliot said flicking his hair to the side with a brush of his hand, trying to look cool in front of the women he just met. "We might have a fifth tag along for this trip to your farm." He said aloud to Lincoln.

Location:Rooftop Overlooking Bridge || ; Company:Squad up with Lincoln, 'Ghost' and Indila, with Wolf in the distance. || ; Personal Thoughts: I'm sexy and I know it.|| ; B.A.L.: I', assuming that Wolf isn't too far from where the group is currently meeting, and that the stragglers are near him, if not correct me in the ooc via quote and I'll edit this post

Genetic Genocide

ThePheonixLotus

Rupert Part-time Decayed

Angry Vampire_LoVeR96
User Image

e llo a m e ⋅ ⋅ ⋅

ᴜм ⋅ ⋅ ⋅

ᴊ ᴜ ร txxxς ค l lxxx๓ єxxxG̶̲̥̅̊ H̶̲̥̅̊ O̶̲̥̅̊ S̶̲̥̅̊ T̶̲̥̅̊

Early 20's | 100lbs | 5'4"

◎--------------◎--------------◎--------------◎

xxxxxMissy spoke, assuring Ghost that she had not been bitten, or ingested any of the blood. Ghost, of course, wasn't so reassured. Anyone would say or do anything to get just another minute alive. When Missy offered to show her skin to Ghost, Ghost nodded her agreement, but just as she did there was a sound coming from the other side of the bridge, across the river. Ghost twitched, looking over at it as her brows came together in confusion. Her gun lowered slightly from the woman's face and she hesistated, Trying to figure out the source of the noise. It was low, and distant, but it immediately grabbed the attention of the horde, who turned from their quieter targets to follow it across the bridge. A few of the runners ducked ahead of the horde, and Ghost watched their progress carefully. Something or someone must have made that noise, and it distracted her from her current situation.

Suddenly the woman threw one of the daggers that she had grabbed, and it flew just past Ghost. Though she had only really met the girl moments ago, the motion was a well-recognized one in this day and time, and Ghost spun, flipping her gun so she could use it as a weapon - a noiseless one if she needed to. Instead she found Lincoln standing behind her, looking a bit surprised to see a knife go flying past his head. Behind him was the other man, the Whisperer, cowering like a frightened dog. Missy apologized behind her, and Ghost lowered the gun turning it to put it in her back pocket. There was no need to check the woman yet. Better to check somewhere safe. If she started to look ill before then, Ghost decided that she would shoot her immediately, no matter how much noise it made. Until then she would be content to watch.

Of course, it wasn't over then. It never seemed to be over then. The Whisperer moved around Lincoln slowly, looking a bit sheepish, and probably he was embarrassed for cowering, and quickly accepted the apology that Missy had meant for Lincoln. Ghost frowned slightly, but let it go, preferring instead to look back at the horde. An arrow soon shot past her, then another, and Ghost spun again. She was getting really irritated at all these projectiles flying around, and she glared to show it, but looking back across the river she noticed the other one. She turned back to Lincoln, "Another one. Then we go."

◎--------------◎--------------◎--------------◎

User Image
e t a i l s ⋅ ⋅ ⋅

ѕ υ м м α я у ...
[►] Ghost watched the whole scene without saying anything, then tells Lincoln that they need to get Wolfe before they go.

¢ α я я у ι η g ...
o==[]:::::::::::> broken knife handle --- lockpicking tools --- Lincoln's Rifle

ℓ σ ¢ α т ι σ η ...
The top of the roof, building nearest the bridge and the riiver.

Rupert Part-time Decayed

Angry Vampire_LoVeR96

Mythical Werewolf

12,825 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cart Raider 100
Xaumeric

Rupert Part-time Decayed

ThePheonixLotus

Angry Vampire_LoVeR96

User ImageUser Image

HEALTH 」Wounded, Right Leg. Knife in left side.「 LOCATION 」Crossing the bridge.

Breathe. That was the only thought within his mind at that point. Why? Who really knows. It could have been that the entire time that the undone hoard passed by him, Wolf was holding his breath, or the simple fact that even now his breathing was shallow. However, more likely, it was a reminder to mitigate the pain that was flowing through his body. Wolf was officially running out of stamina. That was why he was currently forcing himself to double check the various straps keeping his wounds from bleeding everywhere. Once his mind settled he looked out across the street and then slowly moved forward. Peering around the corner Wolf checked on the hoard that had now passed. Using the various abandoned cars as cover Wolf moved towards the bridge, but as he reached the actual bridge the cars around to hide his body suddenly dried up.

Wolf could see various people moving ahead of him, but they were too far to see if they were Undone or not. However the people he noticed on the roof across the bridge were now gone. So there was a good chance that was them, or they had already left and that was the Undone chasing after them. Wolf removed the last knife from his left thigh, and then gripped it in his right hand. The left hand reached across his chest and stayed on the 1911 in its holster. If it was the undone, he might just need the last two bullets. Well he might just need them if they were not undone either. However in his current stance the scars on his arms were even more prominent than before. As well as the ones that reached up and around his neck. The hulking six foot four figure, as well as his battle scars, must look a lot more menacing than any undone or special undone around.
User Image

[J a c k . S p a d e ]

He slid through the narrow bathroom window, and as he picked his knapsack off the ground, it seemed like a case of 'out of the frying pan and into the fire.' An undone had spotted the four of them, and just as Jack picked up his knapsack, it was the voice of the girl who made him look up--and cause Jack to instinctively leap back in a meek attempt to avoid the attack. But it wasn't necessary; the girl had brought her machete down on the the undone--thick, dark blood splashing onto his clothes and catching into his eye. He reeled back, squinting, bringing his hands to his face. He quickly brought his jacket to his eyes and wiped vigorously.

By the time he had caught his vision, he spotted a lurker, who had made its way on top of the girl. She was struggling, wrestling it with the machete around its neck. His body moved instinctively--flicking his switchblade, he ran towards the girl and kicked the lurker in side as hard as he could. He heard a bloodcurling scream in response, a couple of ribs cracking with the contact of his boot. Before the lurker could recover, Jack quickly thrusted his blade into its throat and twisted the hilt. That would shut it up for good.

But it seemed like this was just the start of things getting worse. The injured man he had just seen now rested in a pool of his own blood, maimed, and the young boy was bawling, beyond himself. Jake grit his teeth. The whole situation was ******** up, and the child crying didn't make it any better. He sprinted over to the child's aid, his vision still blurred, and quickly cupped his hand over his lips, whispering a "shh, shh, shh". He looked over at the girl.

"We need to move, and we need to move now!" he hissed. He felt his body giving out, running on nothing but peanut butter, but he steeled himself as he stared at the girl. Already, he had forgotten the plan, but considering the unfortunate splash of blood, it didn't seem like he'd make it anyway.

Genetic Genocide
Glewen
User Image
[ Rebecca Dicken ]

As soon as Rebecca opened her eyes she regretted it. They stung slightly like they did when she was working 12 hour shifts back to back. It didn't help with him invading her dreams and being a pain in the neck, quite literally. Rebecca had slept funny, but she suddenly didn't care. There were people in her apartment. There were people, alive, with guns, asleep feeling safe. Rebecca gave a stretch and leaned over the edge of the bed where her clothes were, putting them back on. She concluded she needed new ones, and promised herself to pick some up the next time she saw clothes. It was tine to make herself known again. Sane one was still there, as was Rei. Grump had disappeared. Or maybe he hadn't come back. Or he went and got himself eaten. Sadly, Rebecca couldn't feel sorrow for his loss but still had the motherly-like worry of his safety. He did, after all, raise concerns with his actions the night before. Samantha... Who was Samantha? His wife? Girlfriend? Once again he came into her thoughts. However, her nicotine craving was back, she had to satisfy them. Plus, the first cigarette of the day was the best. All that was missing was a good cup of tea and the morning news.

The apartment was left, and Rebecca headed up to the roof, her hands busy rolling herself that highly - addictive cancer stick. Her feet stopped as soon as she stepped onto the roof. Her eyes cautiously looked at something sat on the ground. Rebecca crept towards it, inspecticting every inch of it before declaring what she identified as grump safe. She gave him a slight nudge, lighting the cigarette, staring out over the city.
NuTypeLegend"

RiderNoRessha

Minevato

Timid Shapeshifter

3,225 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
tuhon

User Image
User Image

Selene Oskevren
& Jake

Health: Selene: Rather Good - Jake: Recovering shoulder

"Go, GO! I've got your back!" Selene called to the two of them in a hushed yell. Back up on her feet again she was ripping her thick winter coat off to give herself more movement - not to mention the disgusting slime that had oozed onto it. "Jake... 10, Jake."She held up her hands, showing him her ten fingers and gestured again to silently insinuate 'ten'. In response to her reminder, the boy nodded and pulled away from their other party member. His wary eyes looked up at the man, feeling guilty. But there was no time for that. He took in a deep breath and started silently counting to regain himself while continuing on. It seemed routine and practised - he was very capable despite what had just happened in front of him.

The slower of the undone catching up to Selene's position, she grabbed her brute weapon off the ground and ran for her bags. Tossing both over one shoulder with a grunt, she quickly took a swing at the closest of them, then the next, not even waiting for them to drop before turning about.

When passing the now dead man, she slowed just for a split moment to reach down and close his eyes with the tips of her fingers. His beautiful vibrant orbs now lifeless and grey. 'I'm so sorry... If I could have done more, I would have. I promise you that. Thank you for saving us.' wiping his own blood off on her pants, the undone on her tail and she had to leave him. They would destroy his corpse anyways... And create the perfect distraction. With regret and guilt in her throat, she swallowed it down and took the opportunity for everything it was. That's all she would ask of someone if she was left to be eaten: Use it wisely.

Jake and the man in sight, she quickly caught up and joined them. Even as the man tried to hide his physical state - it was hard to miss. She refused to be the reason anyone else died today. "Through the next set of apartments." Came her hushed voice again - recalling the plan. Straight through them he said. It would be safer than going around.

Jake completely over his fit of grief, he seemed back to himself and comfortably armed with his hunting knife. Almost as if he felt he needed to make up for his moment of weakness. His one arm holding the important bag against his body as it hung off his shoulder, he subconsciously pulled his tuque back off his face a bit.

Selene took Point the moment she could and noted the side entry fire door up ahead. When she reached it, having no exterior handle, she quickly shoved the chunk of metal in her hand into the side of it - rushing to pry it open. But it flew out without any effort and the reality it was unlocked could mean many things.

She looked back to them both, and then beyond them at the lingering undone. The hall was pitch black and Selene looked to their company. "Wouldn't happen to have a flashlight in that bag, would you?.." she whipped her long brunette hair to one side in some subconscious preparation for what may lie ahead... Hoping what anyone would - that the building was vacant.

Blessed Loiterer

User Image
'Not everyone knows how work for a livin'...
"ℓincoln мarkus נя."

Lincoln nearly crapped himself as a knife flew by his face, his eyes wide like that of a puppy. Lincoln looked at the new girl. And wiped sweat off his forehead, although she appologized, he felt as if he and her might not get along. Lincoln groaned, and looked around. He looked to the bridge and looked to Ghost. "We are going to get him, and then go back to the farm, we won't have to worry about all this crap." Lincoln scratched the back of his neck, he truly hated being so damn tarty. Lincoln held the rusted lead pipe and started to make his way to the man. He stopped however and looked to the three. "Ghost you're with me alright. Elliot, and you, make sure we don't get cornered." Lincoln then started to jog his way to the man, knocking a few Undone smack down on the head on his way there. It reminded him, the very first day this all happened, the true dread of leaning on the trust of strangers and yourself...

"Pa, you know where the keys went for the pickup." Lincoln asked as he opened a few drawers in his porch, moving aside old family keepsakes and treasures. His father, a fifty year old looking man with a bald head and large grey beard. In a way he looked like ol' saint Nick, the one that you sat your a** on and told what you wanted for Christmas. He stank of cigarettes and alcohol. Lincoln burst into the living room and stared down his brother and father, his Dad sitting in his arm chair with the keys dangling from his left pinkie finger. Lincoln grabbed the keys and made his way back to the door before his Dad finally peeled his eyes off the television and stared him down. "Buy me a twelve pack boy. And feed the pigs." He said bluntly and Lincoln went out, slamming the door on his way out. There was a loud shout but Lincoln blocked that out, Lincoln went to the barn and grabbed the pail filled with tonight's left overs and poured it into the trough of the pigs and walked back to his pickup, opening the door and hopping in. Lincoln pressed his forehead against the wheel looking down to his feet and the stray bottle about half full behind his left foot. "Wish you could die here soon, Pa...." That was the last time, Lincoln saw his father alive.

ThePheonixLotus

Xaumeric

Angry Vampire_LoVeR96

... But now, you gotta work to survive.'

Unbeatable Warrior

10,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Elliot simply sighed, and pulled another arrow from his satchel. "Well, on your way back, just pull my arrows from their heads. This aint no game, I aint got no infinite ammo cheats." Elliot joked with a smirk, as Lincoln jogged ahead, and Elliot covered the rear. The male they were looking to recruit wasn't too far away so they were definitely with in Elliot's area of effect. He could hit just about anything with in the range of a football field, from field goal to field goal. A feat he was quite proud of, and with all the excitement and daggers being thrown about Elliot's buzz was officially killed. Now sober he took a deep breath, his vision became exceptionally clear. With each breath his focus increase and before Lincoln knew it, undone were dropping left and right.

"Try not to unnecessary attack buddy, I don't want to accidentally pop you instead." Elliot called out, Lincoln wanted him to cover him, so that's what he'll do but in order to do that from his position in the rear, Lincoln needed to remain on a strict path. Less face an arrow in the a** or worse a knee ending his time as an adventurer. "Hey dagger-lady watch my six, so I don't have to break focus, will yah'." Elliot said addressing Indila, as far as he could tell she didn't have any ranged weaponry so her covering Lincoln and Ghost wasn't plausible but him, was another story. If they got to close she could either warn him or take them out herself.

With each shot, Elliot sobered up. Typically this would be a great thing but not for Elliot. He drank not for the love of the drink but to drown his thoughts in alcohol. Him sobering up meant those thoughts resurfacing. The thoughts resurfacing meant memories returning. The returning meant flash backs, start the movie reel.

The sound of draw string snapping set off a mirage of memories but the one that stood out the most was the memory of Christina and Hannah. His last day with them. When all hell broke loose in the tavern, Hannah got bit and in the confusion Elliot was sending volly of arrows into the heads of the infected. He should've known better but he wasn't willing to accept it. Why did he leave Hannah with Christina. He should've killed Hannah the moment she was bitten but how could he. She was his best friend, and Christina.... she didn't deserve such a fate. No one did. Elliot's soon stopped firing, lowering the arrows back into his satchel. A pained look on his face as the memories kept surfacing.

Before they could worsen, Elliot quickly grabbed his flask from his inner vest pocket. He flicked the cap open with his thumb and began chugging like it was water, and he was dying of dehydration. When the flask had not a drop left, he felt the liquid do it's thing. The memories started to drown again, and Elliot was at peace. His vision blurred but he could still make out the difference between undone, Lincoln and Wolf. He was still capable of dropping the sons of bitches. "Man I wish they hurry this up, I kinda have to pee." He joked to hide his near mental breakdown.

Location:Rooftop Overlooking Bridge || ; Company:Squad up with Lincoln, 'Ghost' and Indila, with Wolf in the distance. || ; Personal Thoughts: Awe ******** not now, man, not now.|| ; B.A.L.: Thought it would be cool to add some backstory for depth XD

Genetic Genocide

ThePheonixLotus

Rupert Part-time Decayed

Angry Vampire_LoVeR96
User Image

[J a c k . S p a d e ]

He turned to run almost immediately on command, grabbing the boy's hand. He had one look at the now lifeless body of the man he had just met moments ago, but didn't think anything else of it as the three of them departed. How many times had he seen this before? And he didn't even know the man's name. As far as Jack was concerned, this was life. Simple as.

The next set of apartments was coming into vision, and Jack slowed his run as the girl decided to take point. He had nothing against that. But he felt himself slouch over, not only winded by the run, but feeling heavier, the vision in his right eye blurred and a darker tint of red. He heard the girl as him a question and he quickly shot himself back up, before going into his bag and picking out the flashlight from his rucksack.

"Needs a couple of shakes. Battery's not that great." he said. He squinted again, but didn't think too much about it, and followed the two of them into the complex

Genetic Genocide
Glewen

Timid Shapeshifter

3,225 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
tuhon

User Image
User Image

Selene Oskevren
& Jake

Selene took the flashlight and nodded a thanks to him. As instructed, she shook it a few times and watched it flicker when the connectors inside met. Nothing directly ahead of them in the hall, she nodded to Jake and the man both to enter while she closed the door behind them. With the manual lock still in tact, she secured it despite what fears it brought should it be open or closed.

"Jake, hold up." she whispered to the boy as he paused for her. The light flickering visibility on and off in the hall, she leaned for him to reach one of their two bags on her shoulder and gestured toward the man. Jake understood and pulled a bottle of water out of the pack, zipping it back up. She was alert as he did so, listening ahead, watching, until he handed it to her and she held it out toward their company.

"Just take a minute. You know you need too. I'll keep watch and scout the hall." He was uneasy of her, and she knew that. She wasn't exactly keen on him just yet either, but he did grab Jake's hand. The boy jumped just a little when a bang came from the metal fire-door they had just entered. Undone trying to find their own way in. Hunting knife drawn, a subtle crouch in his stature, it took a moment before he eased into the idea they wouldn't be following. Selene smiled at their company, just a little before stepping away from them and making her own path down the hall. Very quietly checking each door to see if they were infact still locked - less places to be surprised from. Strategically she faced the flashlight up at the ceiling to light the hall best for all of them. before pointing down another hall to confirm it was empty.

Jake kept to himself at first, ignoring the stranger but it eventually got the best of him and he looked over. The curiosity was endless with hi - at this age. But it was better than only being a host body to the fear around them. "... were you with people before... you gave up?" His question although morbid, seemed fitting. Despite Jack having stumbled onto them himself.
User Image

[J a c k . S p a d e ]

Jack was shocked with the generous act. As he clutched the bottle, he could feel how dry his throat was, how great a gush of fresh water would feel traveling down his body. But as he considered bringing it up to his lips, he froze. He was infected. It didn't feel right, and the act of not drinking almost finalized the thought for him. He knew, ever since he got blood splashed into his eyes, but it hadn't fully registered until just now. He responded by shaking his head, his lethargic and tired facial expression unchanged.

"No thanks. Not thirsty," he returned the bottle back to Jake.
He inspected the area as the woman did the same, and quickly whipped around when he heard the slamming of the Undone on the door they had just passed through. His lips curled into a smile. Death was unsatisfied, and nothing made Jack happier than to piss death off.

He turned back forward, prepared to follow behind the woman before he heard the boy ask him a question. Had he given up. The question made him scoff instinctively, not because it wasn't a fair question to ask, but because of how morbidly fitting it was for him to think about at this moment. He contemplated his response. Should he have told him what he'd seen? Who he'd been with? What he'd been through? He opened his mouth, but looked down at the kid again. The kid. He was just a kid.

"If I had given up, I wouldn't be here right now," he said with a wry smile. He'd spare the details.
He looked ahead at the woman that he was following.
"What now?" he had long since forgotten what the next steps were. He hadn't remembered the last time had followed a 'plan'.

Glewen

Timid Shapeshifter

3,225 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
tuhon

Genetic Genocide

User Image
User Image

Selene Oskevren
& Jake

It wasn't nearly the first time someone had returned a bottle of water to them and it left Jake curious as to what his reasoning was. Everyone's was different, most due to trust. But the man trusted enough to come this far with them - so it didn't add up in his mind. He figured it would come up later, and for now he would just appreciate still having water left over. He slid it into the satchel he was carrying from the other man, and for a moment, wondered if they would ever see him again. Perhaps upon his death Jake could look through his pack.

Selene glanced back when Jake didn't keep up. She had overheard the exchanges and knew the waterbottle hadn't been used. Not that she assumed it would be, but a small part of the refusal annoyed her. Why wouldn't he accept and appreciate rather than insult the generosity? - No time for that now. "Jake, keep up." she urged, watching him from down the hall and noting his attention on the bag. It made her wonder too, but they both took attention to how capable the man was. "He's fine Jake... let's catch up to him. He's probably already there." Her attention switched to their company once she knew her words were heard.

The corridor turned up ahead for the L shaped building and she felt her nerve playing on her as they zero'd in on the unknown area. "Make it to the river, follow it up and past the bridge into the countryside. I figure it get's a little tricky after that... looking for the cabin. But it's on the map he left." Cautiously she rounded the corner with him, only to see piled furniture shoved halfway out various suites, evidence of gunfire and plenty of very dead corpses. the scene was covered in dried blood, indicating it had been a while. She paused and looked back to both of them with worried eyes. "Be careful... some could still be 'alive' in there.. some that were.. like us, and aren't now. The exit is up ahead." Gesturing to the next fire-door at the end of the hall. She took a deep breath and slowly started making headway through the debris and bodies, double - no, triple checking each one as she stepped over or past them. A natural fear of a trap or one of them simply grabbing hold when she least expected it. Naturally she held her breath - in part from the smell and part out of fear.
User Image

[J a c k . S p a d e ]

The carcasses that littered all around caused a shiver to travel down his spine. He took his steps carefully, following the L shaped hallway with the two others. Jack brought a sleeve up to his nose, grimacing from the horrendous smell of rotting that proliferated with each second he spent in the hallway. And suddenly--almost out of nowhere, he lurched forward and puked--a combination of the infection, the smell, the lack of food, and the lack of clean water building inside of him to exert a pasty light brown resembling peanut butter to shoot out of his mouth, as Jack lunged forward and fell on his knees. He groaned as he wiped his mouth.

Jack picked himself up and shook his hand with a sheepish smile, facing the both of them ahead of him. He was alright--he could keep going--but as they turned around to continue out of the hallway, Jack went into the breast pocket of his flannel and loaded his empty revolver with the one bullet that he had. No sooner had he clicked the chamber back into the gun did he hear the groan of an undone.

He quickly whipped around, staring off at the suites that were barricaded, the entrance clogged with carcasses. Most of them stayed dead, but the dark alleyway combined with the stillness of the room was unnerving. Jack bit his lip. His brief capitulation probably did no favors in alerting the worst of the worst. He turned to look over at the boy and the girl.

"We need to move," he hissed, his hand tight around his revolver as his walked quickened with pace

Glewen

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces