Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

Hello! I thought it would be helpful to have a place for people to submit their queries in advance for the next Ask the Staff event. Feel free to post your questions here, questions answered will go in OP of the next event. For those of you who's questions did not get answered, you may post your question here.

Please be sure to follow the Rules and Guidelines posted below. These apply not only to this thread by all Ask the Staff events!

Thread will close on 9/22/2015 at 9:00am PDT!!
Ask the Staff Rules & Guidelines

1. Please keep your posts constructive.
    Posts that are overly abusive towards management, staff or other members of the community will be deleted without warning. Gaian's who are overly negative in Ask the Staff may be permanently removed from participation in this and future events.

2. One question per post.
    Please only ask one question in your post. Asking more than one question in your post may result in your post getting skipped for not following this.

3. Repeat posts will be deleted.
    Please only post your question once. Repeated posting of the same question may result in the additional posts being deleted. This is to help keep the noise in the thread down and allow questions by others to be seen.

4. Do not post support issues.
    Do not post issues regarding account bans, billing issues, warnings, and other support issues. Instead, please file a ticket about them at our Help Center. Questions about support issues may result in your post getting skipped.

5. Not all questions will be answered.
    This may occur because at present- they do not have an answer, it was already answered, because it was missed, or because the proper format was not followed in posting the question.

6. The thread may get locked periodically.
    Should the thread posts grow faster than we can handle, we may temporarily lock the thread while we catch up. We will post if the lock is because of us catching up, or due to the event being over.
Questions should follow the following format...

[b]Question Category[/b]

Question

The categories are:

• Art
  • Items
  • Features
  • Games
  • Shops
  • events
  • manga

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
ADVERTISEMENT

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

See all of the answers Gaia Staff have given in Ask the Staff!
Sorted by date and by subject!

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450
User Image

Just because you post your question in here doesn't mean that it will be answered.
If you are unable to make it to the AtS event, feel free to post your question(s) in my thread.
I will post it for you during AtS in case your question goes unanswered in this pre-event thread. heart

Friendly Citizen

22,600 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
Games

Some Gaians have come up with the idea of naming Kins in-game for Lake Kindred, including myself. Is it at all possible to add that, given your current proficiency in the coding? I've heard you're using HTML 5.

OG Smoker

21,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
GAMES

Can we get some kind of double EXP weekend or maybe a timed EXP boost potion for Lake Kindred??

The grind to 50 is LONG... xd

Thank you for an awesome game/feature to the site. We needed it.. mrgreen

Sparkly Lunatic

15,390 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I absolutely looove Lake Kindred and I'm glad Gaia has decided to keep it up forever.

However, my main concern is with Zomg. I've been a gaia member for quite some years now, and I hold fond memories of Zomg. From all the cool avatar loot and crafting, so farming and playing with friends.

Will Zomg or something similar be released in the future? It was a great concept with the powers/rings while still being able to play your avi. I would love to see the game come back. My only critic with it was the map squares and how you had to load each one individually, and sometimes with loads of lag or glitches.

I look forward to your reply.

Sparkly Lunatic

15,390 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Kare Juroku
Games

Some Gaians have come up with the idea of naming Kins in-game for Lake Kindred, including myself. Is it at all possible to add that, given your current proficiency in the coding? I've heard you're using HTML 5.

I would love Kindred Naming and possibly breeding!

It would also be nice if the spells had a description on them.

Ex: Deep Sleep, Coma, and Water Scratch.

All that's currently listed about them is their mp cost. I'd like to see their % chance of success to hit, and the % chance of conditions applying. As well as the projected damage or damage range.

Also, when you have a condition on you, if when you click it (on tablets/phones) or hover over it with a mouse (computers) the condition will say what it does, how much, and it's duration.

Just some kindred ideas I had.

Hilarious Businesswoman

5,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Wall Street 200
[NPC] Gaia Staff
User Image

Hello! I thought it would be helpful to have a place for people to submit their queries in advance for the next Ask the Staff event. Feel free to post your questions here, questions answered will go in OP of the next event. For those of you who's questions did not get answered, you may post your question here.

Please be sure to follow the Rules and Guidelines posted below. These apply not only to this thread by all Ask the Staff events!

Thread will close on 9/8/2015 at 9:00am PDT!!

Hi,

I was wondering if you could change the amount of tokens you could by form Prize & Joy. The amount you could only buy at it's limit is at 100 and I was wondering if it's possible to make it a lot more than that so that gaians could buy more than possibly 900 each time

Omnipresent Wolf

Features

(My question from last 3 ats's - as of yet, still unanswered.)
Would you consider swapping out the gender changing potion for a Male/Female switch type-mechanic in the avi dress up menu as an option in the future? It would be nice to not have to constantly change your base items when you're done.

Shy Seraph

Features

i can see my gold worth, but for people with alot of items it's hard to determine what might be worth the most. can there be some sort of way to sort items from most gold value to least gold value and vice-versa? this would also help people who want to clean there inventory or need gold for a new avatar/quest. or even people who do giveaway threads.

Sugary Abomination

I asked this on page 9 during the 9/1 Ask the staff, but never got a reply.

Question Category
Items

Question
Hello! Is it possible to get some old items unlocked so we can do whatever we want to with them (sell in the marketplace, trade, etc.) instead of having them soulbound with the only option to sell back for 1g?
Selling back for 1g is just so cheap (and rather insulting), it would be nice to have them unlocked after such a long time (some of these have been soul bound for years)
Items such as:
Null fragments (zomg item from a long, long time ago)
PSP Raffle ticket (years ago)
Skittles Reward Ticket (I miss the Skittle area BTW)
and Snowflake charms (Fusion)
just to name a few.

Shameless Hoarder

63,400 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • The Edgiest 250
Items

Would you ever consider making adjustments to the disposal of soulbound items? Specifically, would it be possible to allow the donation of soulbound items to Dumpster Dive?

I understand that the purpose of soulbinding is to prevent users from selling/trading certain items, such as some kins. However, I think giving users the ability to donate soulbound items to Dumpster Dive would create a positive change that would be beneficial for users while still holding true to the original intention of the soulbinding system.

This would allow users who have unwanted soulbound items to have another option for disposing of the items (this is especially true for older soulbound items whose payout is so low that it is not even worthwhile to sell back except to clear out space in your inventory). It would also open up the possibility that the user who receives the item from Dumpster Dive could get some use out it.

Accursed Plague

Games(Lake Kindred):

Are ALL RIG released Kin available as drops within Lake Kindred or is it only a select few that
are available as drops? As a collector I'd love to know, especially in the case of Ember the Fox since
it's price is horribly outrageous and a chance at obtaining it for my collection would be nice.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff