Welcome to Gaia! ::

Regular

*scratches neck* um I abadoned this sorry
I saw a couple of threads like this and thought I'd make one?
So, ay. I'm a witch who's been practicing for about two years now.
Please note, witchcraft in itself is not a religion. it's the closest thing I have, but The religion that usually involves witchcraft is Wicca, which I am not apart of. I do know about it, just not as much as a Wiccan might.

Go ahead and ask me any questions about my practice, especially if there's something you're confused about :u

Devout Fairy

What kind of witchcraft do you practice?

Are you at all theistic?

Regular

Nityananda-rama dasa

I practice my own personal blend of different branches of the craft- things like candle and elemental magic. I think that this is pretty common unless you were raised in a family that practices a certain way.

I'm not personally theistic, but many witches worship certain deities that they have chosen or believe they were chosen by. Greek and Norse spirits are often personal deities, and sometimes nature in general is worshiped.

Dedicated Firestarter

23,975 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Firestarter 200
What's your favorite candle brand?

Eloquent Streaker

How do we KNOW you're a witch? Have you been properly weighed to see if you weigh less than a duck?

Original Gaian

Do you feel irritated by how some people think only women can be witches?

I remember an episode of Roseanne where Dan gets angry that his son wants to be a witch for Halloween.
Nityananda-rama dasa

Are you at all theistic?

******** it, I'm bored I'll take over the thread for 1 hour and 30 mins..

<--Luciferian Witchcraft.
Theistic....It's maybe a type of Soft Polytheism whereby Demons and other entities represent internal aspects and cultural archetypes however there are some who are far more literal, those are the two main interpretations.

Feral Sex Symbol

7,450 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Noob wrangler 100
Wraith of Azrael
Nityananda-rama dasa

Are you at all theistic?

******** it, I'm bored I'll take over the thread for 1 hour and 30 mins..

<--Luciferian Witchcraft.
Theistic....It's maybe a type of Soft Polytheism whereby Demons and other entities represent internal aspects and cultural archetypes however there are some who are far more literal, those are the two main interpretations.

Can you identify these demons? To reiterate how do you know they exist, look like, act, etc.

Are all demons bad? If so why are they so cruel or have bad nature?

What is a demon composed of? This could tie to them being mortal or immortal, I would assume immortal. Or is a Demon a illusion, ethereal being, etc.

Have you ever meet a demon? Communicated with one and furthermore have a friendly relationship with one? Is that even plausible due to their other worldly nature. I would assume contact is possible since many other theistic religions are capable to connect with their other worldly deities.

When did you start believing this source of content (Sorry I don't wanna call it a religion because apparently that is incorrect?)

Do you believe witchcraft will expand as years progressive. It's been carefully analyzed that we are shifting to a more agnostic world, where people are not as religiously involved and/or indulging in other religions or practices. If you believe not, why do you think its not progressing?

Thank you for hearing me out!
Nine Tail Ghoul

Can you identify these demons? To reiterate how do you know they exist, look like, act, etc.

What is a demon composed of? This could tie to them being mortal or immortal, I would assume immortal. Or is a Demon a illusion, ethereal being, etc.

Have you ever meet a demon? Communicated with one and furthermore have a friendly relationship with one? Is that even plausible due to their other worldly nature. I would assume contact is possible since many other theistic religions are capable to connect with their other worldly deities.

When did you start believing this source of content (Sorry I don't wanna call it a religion because apparently that is incorrect?)

Do you believe witchcraft will expand as years progressive. It's been carefully analyzed that we are shifting to a more agnostic world, where people are not as religiously involved and/or indulging in other religions or practices. If you believe not, why do you think its not progressing?

It depends on the interpretation. We don't know they exist we just have our experiences, strange experiences aren't proof of existence it's just proof that we've had a strange experience. The literalists might will tell you that it's more due to the work of previous generations of individuals and that through the passing down of knowledge is how they "know". Whereas the symbolic interpretation refers to demons as reflections of the self and this is dependant upon how you view them.

Demons are not necessarily seen as bad exactly. They may be seen as destructive and darker elements but they aren't seen as bad. Generally speaking demons are viewed as literal entities OR representations of internal aspects. They are more primal/predatory entities that require a degree of discipline to deal with OR are more primal/predatory aspect of ourselves, in either case it can occasionally mess with your mind abit especially for those who don't really know what they might be getting themselves into, hence the bad experiences of some.

I have not personally met with one though I've had strange experiences. Overall there are some who do the relationships with demons bit but I am not one of them.

This sort of content I've been reading up on now for 6 years and in the case of Luciferian Witchcraft, yes you could very well classify it as a religion, it tends to vary on the type of witchcraft that you are talking about.
Not all magic is religious but there is plenty of religious magic.

Over the years new authors have come up here and there. Some are only reiterating the bullshit of previous generations and are trying to simply get a kick back financially while others are legitimately interested and offer new ideas and practices to the massive amount of information that there is on witchcraft. Witchcraft has had a revival since about the 1950s and since then it's even advanced to the point of rather open Satanism/Luciferianism coming into existence, I do not believe it will be going anywhere for quite a while. Also, magic can be agnostic, it doesn't necessarily have to deal with spirits of the sorts.

Witchcraft and ceremonial magic have tended to be a niche area it's far more open than it's ever been in the last couple of years or so.

Hope this helps!
Why do you practice witchcraft?

Feral Sex Symbol

7,450 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Noob wrangler 100
Wraith of Azrael
Nine Tail Ghoul

It depends on the interpretation. We don't know they exist we just have our experiences, strange experiences aren't proof of existence it's just proof that we've had a strange experience. The literalists might will tell you that it's more due to the work of previous generations of individuals and that through the passing down of knowledge is how they "know". Whereas the symbolic interpretation refers to demons as reflections of the self and this is dependant upon how you view them.

Demons are not necessarily seen as bad exactly. They may be seen as destructive and darker elements but they aren't seen as bad. Generally speaking demons are viewed as literal entities OR representations of internal aspects. They are more primal/predatory entities that require a degree of discipline to deal with OR are more primal/predatory aspect of ourselves, in either case it can occasionally mess with your mind abit especially for those who don't really know what they might be getting themselves into, hence the bad experiences of some.

I have not personally met with one though I've had strange experiences. Overall there are some who do the relationships with demons bit but I am not one of them.

This sort of content I've been reading up on now for 6 years and in the case of Luciferian Witchcraft, yes you could very well classify it as a religion, it tends to vary on the type of witchcraft that you are talking about.
Not all magic is religious but there is plenty of religious magic.

Over the years new authors have come up here and there. Some are only reiterating the bullshit of previous generations and are trying to simply get a kick back financially while others are legitimately interested and offer new ideas and practices to the massive amount of information that there is on witchcraft. Witchcraft has had a revival since about the 1950s and since then it's even advanced to the point of rather open Satanism/Luciferianism coming into existence, I do not believe it will be going anywhere for quite a while. Also, magic can be agnostic, it doesn't necessarily have to deal with spirits of the sorts.

Witchcraft and ceremonial magic have tended to be a niche area it's far more open than it's ever been in the last couple of years or so.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for the cool answers! I guess I have some snowball questions after some of your answers:

1.) Why is it that demons are reduced to a primitive or destructive state? Are there any good demons that represent good qualities of humans? If you know any can you give names or concepts of them. Thus, would that change their identity as demons? It would be a bit redundant that demons are solely evil. Does this mean you have belief in holy beings and if so, what are they (fallen angels, nymphs, etc.)

2.) You use the term "strange experiences" as a prominent term in your responses. I would assume those experiences are not something everyone experiences considering how magic/witchcraft isn't very prominent in our demographic. Does this mean witchcraft isn't for everyone and you have to be selected via demon connection?

3.) I'm so sorry but just gotta know... Is there any magic that consists of you able to change elements, spit fire, or just a spell that does something cool. I'm ignorant to these things lol

Regular

Sorry for forgetting about this, I've been busy.

Lady Kariel
Why do you practice witchcraft?

I just sort of... do. It's a part of my life I don't think I'd be able to give up. My mother had books about it when I was a kid and that got me interested at first, and then I found out one of my best friends was a witch (that re-sparked my interest.). Then I began my own practice.

Faustine Liem
What's your favorite candle brand?

I usually don't pay attention to brands, and I don't buy a whole bunch since we usually have ones I can use on hand.

Requiem ex Inferni
How do we KNOW you're a witch? Have you been properly weighed to see if you weigh less than a duck?

Ha. Haha. Your edgy humor is so funny, 10/10.

Foppy
Do you feel irritated by how some people think only women can be witches?

I remember an episode of Roseanne where Dan gets angry that his son wants to be a witch for Halloween.

That is a weird stereotype I've come across, but not often. It's never affected me personally, so I haven't gotten angry about it... It's just another of those things, you know? As long as they don't make a big deal about their misconception.

Wraith of Azrael

Thanks for helping me with the thread.

Regular

Nine Tail Ghoul

3.) I'm so sorry but just gotta know... Is there any magic that consists of you able to change elements, spit fire, or just a spell that does something cool. I'm ignorant to these things lol

/sneaks into Azrael's questions

Most of the community (usually online) calls these kinds of magic "fluff" and the people who say that they can or that they want to "fluffbunnies". These kind of spells didn't stem from traditional witchcraft, more like a hollywood version of it, and there's a huge stigma against fluffbunnies because they give off a bad idea of witches. I personally don't think it's likely that a human could change elements or anything like that... but I wouldn't be mad at someone for believing that they someday could.

Feral Sex Symbol

7,450 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Noob wrangler 100
-galaxkid
Nine Tail Ghoul

/sneaks into Azrael's questions

Most of the community (usually online) calls these kinds of magic "fluff" and the people who say that they can or that they want to "fluffbunnies". These kind of spells didn't stem from traditional witchcraft, more like a hollywood version of it, and there's a huge stigma against fluffbunnies because they give off a bad idea of witches. I personally don't think it's likely that a human could change elements or anything like that... but I wouldn't be mad at someone for believing that they someday could.

1) Thank you for the insight. I guess we really just are mortals and magic just isn't in our realm.

2) Are you able to answer the other questions I mentioned? I am assuming you and Azrael have maybe different beliefs in witchcraft considering hes a "Luciferian" while your of a different parallel.
What level spells do you cast? What attribute are they based on?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff