Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Dabbler

6,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Hi! A bit of a backstory, I've been on gaia since about 2007-08 and had a lot of fun. Life was good until I had to go to college in 2009 and had to focus on my studies so getting on gaia and doing RP's going to the rally and speaking with 'TEH' instead of 'the' had to take a back seat. I quit gaia for since then but kept my items thinking that some day I can look cool to the new members and be considered "rich".

Fast forward to today, I logged in after years and find out that my items are worth BILLIONS i was so excited i told my lil bro who also had gaia what we were worth because he also had some expensive items at the time.

Only to find that there was some random generator that gave users BILLIONS. Of course I was devastated and just sat back and remembered the good ol' days when a steel platedHB was worth 8mil and all the hard work I had to go through to get those 8mil. Not to mention that each post on the forums gives you a hefty amount of gold. Which makes it seem like gaia is providing the inflation on purpose?

So right now I wish to ask a few questions.

Are you gaian's ok with this economy?
Is there something Gaia is doing to fix this horrid economy problem?
Are there any measures taking place at the moment?
Can we go back to the 50k montly collectibles on the market?

I mean back in my day I had some trouble dealing with scammers doing the fast trade scam giving me 100k instead of 1mil .

I cant imagine trying to figure out 345trillion and 34.5trillion

Edit:

Bonus question: has gaia thought about not giving people 10k per post? I believe you can still get a bot to spam bump forums with it. (Ofc the latest ones that can bypass the capcha)

EDIT2:

Just found a great article made about the hyperinflation http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-guides-and-resources/welcome-back-the-gcd-s-inflation-recap-v-3/t.91957757/

Its a great read, However this thread is about letting the CEO/COO know that there are some of us still here that do not want a hyper inflated gaia. Also, to come up with a way to deflate this ridiculous situation they created.
Many gave up, but it seems quite a few adapted and thrived. I suppose if you work hard and smart enough, you can make good money. I don't that part really changed much since you left, but if you have access to Gaia Cash, the road is so much smoother. Also, playing the new Lake Kindred can allow you access to billions and being a skilled and talented artist will earn you even more. That part of Gaia didn't change save for the money being thrown about. Let me tell you that lazy bums like yours truly will not really go as far. I've been here just posting, doing the Daily Chance and answering polls and my gold has yet to break 400 million despite the increased payouts that get easily absorbed into the economy.

Quotable Dabbler

6,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Janine Melnitz
Many gave up, but it seems quite a few adapted and thrived. I suppose if you work hard and smart enough, you can make good money. I don't that part really changed much since you left, but if you have access to Gaia Cash, the road is so much smoother. Also, playing the new Lake Kindred can allow you access to billions and being a skilled and talented artist will earn you even more. That part of Gaia didn't change save for the money being thrown about. Let me tell you that lazy bums like yours truly will not really go as far. I've been here just posting, doing the Daily Chance and answering polls and my gold has yet to break 400 million despite the increased payouts that get easily absorbed into the economy.

Seems that many adapted and took on the new economy as the norm. I remember threads being posted on the daily about how the over inflation is going to destroy the economy and seems like it came true. I feel like my items i've been hoarding for years are worthless.

The other fishy thing is that Gaia Cash thing. Seems like that aspect has never changed, gaia just trying to make money off its users for every single thing. Not that its a bad thing but now its even more apparent that if you want to get nice items you need to steal your moms credit card to get it. That's an unfair assumption because I assume many of the users are full grown adults like me. Though, this inflation seems like a huge problem in my eyes.

Skilled Strawberry

8,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
All I could say when I logged in for the first time since college was "Thanks Obama."
But I'm enjoying looking at all the new items. I had a stock of GC waiting for me that I had forgotten about so I used it up and sold some items from back in the day. Now my friends and I just use Gaia to get each other cute little surprises (like all these damn cats). heart

Quotable Dabbler

6,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
ElessarElessar
All I could say when I logged in for the first time since college was "Thanks Obama."
But I'm enjoying looking at all the new items. I had a stock of GC waiting for me that I had forgotten about so I used it up and sold some items from back in the day. Now my friends and I just use Gaia to get each other cute little surprises (like all these damn cats). heart

I love all the new items, I would spend some nice money on gaia getting these adorbs items. However, buying things are an investment so in the future you can sell what ever you bought at the time at a high price so you can get more items that are adorable.

Getting an item now feels more of a personal investment stunt than what it felt back then buying a monthly and hoarding them to be able to sell them and get a monthly you actually liked. (Back in the day there were many crap monthly's)

Its just my personal opinion that things were fine back then even with a little bit of an over inflation. Rather than now thats its at Hyper inflation where 100k gets you nowhere.

Skilled Strawberry

8,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
^agreed. And when I finally broke into the billion-dollar-mark, I realized some of my new faves cost over 100 billion.

And every other announcement is about Gaia Cash or purchasing something with real money.
No thanks, Gaia.
Irikiru
Janine Melnitz

Seems that many adapted and took on the new economy as the norm. I remember threads being posted on the daily about how the over inflation is going to destroy the economy and seems like it came true. I feel like my items i've been hoarding for years are worthless.

The other fishy thing is that Gaia Cash thing. Seems like that aspect has never changed, gaia just trying to make money off its users for every single thing. Not that its a bad thing but now its even more apparent that if you want to get nice items you need to steal your moms credit card to get it. That's an unfair assumption because I assume many of the users are full grown adults like me. Though, this inflation seems like a huge problem in my eyes.
The big difference between the Gaia in the past and this Gaia is that the former had way more major sponsors. We haven't seen one for years and even minor ones like book and movie sponsorship are few and far in between. There are still those tiny ads that clutter the pages, but those do not give Gaia the hundreds of thousands MTV, Skittles, Coca-Cola, Pepsi, etc. used to give. I also don't know if there are still venture capitalists investing in Gaia. Where does Gaia get the funds to maintain itself then? Unfortunately, the burden has long been shifted to the shoulders of the users themselves. Yes, they are more blatant with the GC push, but the reason should be obvious now.

Adorable Lunatic

16,225 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Waffles! 25
They ******** it, no doubt. But whatever. We got some pretty cool s**t I guess?

Quotable Dabbler

6,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Exotahu
They ******** it, no doubt. But whatever. We got some pretty cool s**t I guess?

agreed the item quality has improved since the sponsors left but idk :/

Aya Cash's Boyfriend

They're all gone. Everyone who cared. XD
Forum's kinda dead-ish too.

Quotable Dabbler

6,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Dietrich Rosenkreutz
They're all gone. Everyone who cared. XD
Forum's kinda dead-ish too.

chatterbox is alive and well as per usual razz

but seems like the more obscure forums are pretty much dead v:

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
I'm okay with it. You can make lots of gold with the kindred game :3 I'm curious though. How would people react if there was hyper deflation? What would the initial reaction be versus the reaction over time?

Quotable Dabbler

6,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
DJ Twissta
I'm okay with it. You can make lots of gold with the kindred game :3 I'm curious though. How would people react if there was hyper deflation? What would the initial reaction be versus the reaction over time?

That's the whole issue, making lots of gold makes items value higher and the gold worth lower. Which mean people who've been hoarding items for years wasted their time and money hoping to make a nice personal investment in the game.

If there ever was a hyper deflation then things would go back to normal where items can be calculated and constantly monitored. Traders would go back to trading lower numbers and keeping the market flowing naturally. (Newer players are going to complain because its not easy to make money anymore but that was the fun back then why isnt it fun now?)

(By gaia giving out millions/billions its essentially pushing the market flow on its head. Instead of just naturally letting it flow) Not that it really matters since gaia has been on a decline in users for years now, but what caused it? Easy, money hungry sponsors and the gaia owners not defending its own product.

Yes now gaia doesnt have as many sponsors and its now relying on its users but its too late to be honest. When gaia was thriving with users the best course of action would have been to put a foot down and telling the sponsors that its my way or the high way. Now it just seems like a desperate attempt of asking for money (Example: You can get this limited edition item for just $100... Like seriously? With this gaia's economy? where 100k wouldnt get you a sofa for your gaia house?)

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Irikiru
DJ Twissta

That's the whole issue, making lots of gold makes items value higher and the gold worth lower. Which mean people who've been hoarding items for years wasted their time and money hoping to make a nice personal investment in the game.

If there ever was a hyper deflation then things would go back to normal where items can be calculated and constantly monitored. Traders would go back to trading lower numbers and keeping the market flowing naturally. (Newer players are going to complain because its not easy to make money anymore but that was the fun back then why isnt it fun now?)

(By gaia giving out millions/billions its essentially pushing the market flow on its head. Instead of just naturally letting it flow) Not that it really matters since gaia has been on a decline in users for years now, but what caused it? Easy, money hungry sponsors and the gaia owners not defending its own product.

Yes now gaia doesnt have as many sponsors and its now relying on its users but its too late to be honest. When gaia was thriving with users the best course of action would have been to put a foot down and telling the sponsors that its my way or the high way. Now it just seems like a desperate attempt of asking for money (Example: You can get this limited edition item for just $100... Like seriously? With this gaia's economy? where 100k wouldnt get you a sofa for your gaia house?)

furniture is really cheap at the faktori store though o- o lol.

I wasn't thinking normal levels though, I'm thinking to if it got below regular levels of back then.
What would people's reaction be. Would item's still be available since people had a lot of gold and things dropped in value? Would there be tons of hoarding going on?

Quotable Dabbler

6,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
DJ Twissta
Irikiru
DJ Twissta

furniture is really cheap at the faktori store though o- o lol.

I wasn't thinking normal levels though, I'm thinking to if it got below regular levels of back then.
What would people's reaction be. Would item's still be available since people had a lot of gold and things dropped in value? Would there be tons of hoarding going on?

Its tough to say without taking into account how many billions there are currently on every users accounts.

It would take about a whole year of gaia not selling the pesky billion generators and going back to the 100g-1k forum post drops which stopped dropping when you reached 25k gold total for every 23h. Also, making all game gold drops normal to the 1k-25k max drop or even 100k for tough bosses.

Something should be done because as an investor when you look at the micro economy gaia had back then and now its a world and a half of difference.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff