Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Friend

So I quit my job at a local gas station,
it was nothing like it was made out to be, they had so many issues they never trained me properly and it just seemed to stressful considering its the local to go gas station in my area.

That being said, I don't have a car and when I need to go run and get something that is easily found at the gas station I feel like I shouldn't go to that one, but for convince it's the closest one around for miles.

I was contemplating quitting and I have really bad anxiety and depression. So I chickened out and sheltered myself from human contact for a day and no called no showed, my manager showed up at my door raving on about ' so your quitting' mind you now call no showing isn't termination until three. I ended up saying 'I'm sorry' so she took it as I quit, which I don't mind.
But now I feel like I can't go there and be a customer anymore either.
She kept ranting about how ' do you know what I did to get you to training' ( I said I would figure out a ride to training myself and I'd handle it. It would be done no questions asked. She said she would find me a ride and I wouldn't have to worry even though I said I could take a taxi) and just kept yelling how I'm screwing them over exct.

.-.

Do you think it would be ok if I showed up as a customer, get in get out, no small talk pay for my s**t and leave. or do they (can they) refuse me service on the fact that I quit?
You obviously know it was not ideal on your part to no-show as a means of quitting - not to say I judge, having been fired for effectively giving up and choosing to stop caring about a previous long-term job of my own.

But I would be willing to say showing up at your door counts as harassment on your manager's part, and then proceeding to go on about what had to be done for your training is even more inappropriate. A professional manager is simply supposed to attempt to call you and, once you were next in, likely suspend you or terminate you (likely suspend as you said it takes three no-shows to be fired).

Yes, you can be a customer. They cannot say anything or mistreat you, as doing so would be harassment and would give you right to complain as a customer. Unless you are being disruptive in the store or harassing other customers, they cannot rightly refuse you service.

But I feel you. Since being fired from a past job, I don't show my face at that store if my manager is working because she is snarky and passive-aggressive towards me.

Prophet

id hire you

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas