Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magical Vegetarian

User Image

a margeries and dat cancer production.

pokémon┆original character x original character

Desirable Smoker

User ImageUser Image

Another beautiful day in Pallet town. The sun shone down brilliantly on the small village, Pidgeys chirping and fluttering around and even a few lazy yawns from a horde of Tauros at the professors lab could be heard through out the closest streets . Walking down the pathway that led to the lab and out into the public streets was a young looking man, tying the bottom back portion of his long black hair into a pony tail before reaching up to remove a lit cigarette from his lips. He looked to be about 16-17 years old, so normally something like this would attract attention . But not him. Everyone around knew who Bao was. 'Bad Boy' Bao, the baddest thug in P-Town. No one bothered with him anymore. The teen was dressed in a black tank top that showed off his fit physical body and black tribal tattoo that stretched down his right arm, some black pants with huge furry white cuffs at the bottom, and a pair of sandals. He was a slacker, this also wasn't anything out of the ordinary. What was though, was the grey and white jean backpack he was wearing; Along with a black belt around his waist that had 6 pokeballs and a brand new Kanto region Pokedex strapped to it.

No one would have ever expected someone like Bao to have any kind of ambition. No one but her, anyway. Although his older sister, Isabel, was a sweet heart and a well known hard worker at the town mart, he was known to be the complete opposite. Even as a kid, his impulsiveness and short temper got him into a lot of problems and fights . He was expelled from school at the age of 14 for releasing a bunch of weedles in class that poisoned half the whole building , had already been arrested once , and got a permanent tattoo for his last birthday from unknown sources . It was safe to say not a lot of people liked him, he had very few friends. He didn't have a job, didn't go to school, No one rely expected anything from him. Only his sister and herever really thought or knew what he really wanted to do, but the years had passed and he had done nothing about it that they eventually forgot it all together .

But he didn't.

Bao grinned to himself as he flicked the cigarette bud to the side, releasing the last stream of smoke through his nose as he turned a corner and continued his walk past a few houses . A Pokemon Trainer. It was official now. Those late night shifts at the professors lab had finally paid off. That old geezer was one of the few people who put his energy to use, and gave him a part time job a few years ago as a pokemon care keeper. It was a great gig, but he kept it to himself. He wanted to surprise them two. And the day has finally came. After saving up some money and constantly, constantly begging to the old geezer for a Pokedex, he
                                                was finally issued one. He was an official pokemon trainer. Step 1 was complete. Step 2, telling his sister, was also complete. He had already said goodbye to her, and as much as she cried she understood what he was doing. He felt trapped in this place, he wanted to explore and become strong, he'd even be able to send her money and take care of things himself now. There was now way she could persuade him not to go. Now there was only one last thing to do.

Say goodbye to his oldest friend.

Bao stopped in front of a large building with a red roof, and two huge sliding doors in the front. The towns pokemon center, where she worked at. He had purposely left her for last because, even with his sister, this would be hardest for him even still. His closest friend , even from childhood. The teen looked at the doors quietly for a moment , lagging out of nervousness, before taking a few steps forward and passing through. It was quiet, as usual. The town really wasn't that big, so only passing trainers or those with check ups would often be around the Pokemon Center. Unless there was some serious insurgencies, which again, weren't that often . Bao walked up to the counter where a bubbly Nurse Joy was standing by ildly, smiling at him. Even the nurse joy knew about his reputation, but she didn't mind him. He often came here to visit his friend, she had been accustomed to seeing him by now. Bao smiled at her nervously as he dropped his hand to unclip his pokedex from the belt, looking around to make sure the coast is clear before raising it and putting it on the counter in front of her. "I'm here to register the Pokedex, I'll be leaving soon to start my journey. " he explained as the nurse opened her eyes, apparently surprised, and smiled from ear to ear . "Oh my, Bao! That's quite the pleasant surprise, congratulations! I wish you all the best of luck, of course, I'm sure you'll do your sister and the town proud! " that last part made the guy cough sarcastically as Joy chuckled and took his pokedex, slipping the device into a slit on the side of her large computer screen . After a few seconds and some loud bleeps and clicks, the screen brimmed to life in a white screen, showing Bao's picture ((No idea where that picture came from. Probably the mug shot )) and eight empty slots next to it in two rows of 4, along with some data and information under everything which he couldn't read out anyway. On the top corner there was also a row of six small balls, with only one of them lit in a vivid red color. He assumed that was where they kept tabs on his team. The nurse turned to him, removing the pokedex and taking out a small black case from her desk, and giving Bao both of them. "Alight, your all set. Here's your pokedex back, and a case for you to hold your badges in. Good luck again Bao! ....do you want me to go get her?" she asked finally in a quiet voice, already understanding the situation and why he was looking so nervous. Bao turned to her and nodded his head, tucking his hands into his pockets as she dissapeared to the back. And now he waited.

User Image

Magical Vegetarian

User Image

“Noam?”

Madigan remembered it being a somber, damp evening when she saw her brother for the last time. It was sheer luck that she had been there, too, because originally the ten-year-old girl was going to spend the night at a friend’s house. That had proved to be infeasible when the friend started to complain of stomach pains, so little Madigan was quite upset that she had to grab her bag and go home. The scene she came home to was much more upsetting, though a much older Madigan knew it would have been even worse if she had not seen her brother that night for the last time. It had been raining, it had been cold, and all she wanted to do was go up to her room and pout like any other ten-year-old would, but that never happened once she saw her older brother with all of his belongings nestled in a duffle bag.

How naïve she had been. It was almost painful for her to think back and wonder why she had believed him. Had it not been obvious from the moment he opened his mouth? The seventeen-year-old had panicked the moment he heard his name, nearly breaking an old lamp in the process, though it mattered not. It had been years since they had working electricity in the house. There was, however, an advantage to that little fact: it would have been impossible for Madigan to see the large ‘R’ that was now pinned to his new uniform. She was a clever girl, it would not have been long before she figured it out, but Noam did not want to be the one to break it to her. That he had run out of solutions. That it was impossible to take care of his only sister on his own, now that their parents were no longer in the picture. That he was poorer than poor, letting Madigan think he was working when in fact he had been fired months ago and had been stealing just to make ends meet. That he had failed her.

“Madigan.” His voice had almost croaked, ashamed of what he was going to do. “Madigan, I… Listen, I have to leave for a few days. I’ve already talked to Bao’s parents and they said you can stay with them until then.” That was not entirely true. Noam knew how close the two had been, and he knew Madigan would not be turned away when they found out how much of a lowlife he was. “I… I got a promotion. I just need to work out some things.” That had probably been the only honest thing he said that entire evening, because in a sense he had found a new job, if you could consider a life of criminal activity a job. But it was a job where he could send money home to her every week.

And poor little Madigan ate up every word without hesitation.

“Before I go,” Noam paused long enough to retrieve a familiar spherical item from his pocket. “I saved up enough money to get you this… I know you always draw pictures of this.” He tossed the Poké Ball to the floor and the room glowed for a brief moment, long enough for Madigan to see the serpentine emerge from within and she squealed with delight. It was the least he could do before he, for a lack of kinder terminology, deserted his only family member. He stood there and watched for a few seconds as the girl plopped down and began to pet the Dratini, and the creature immediately started to slither around her and rub its head against her face. It was the happiest he remembered seeing his sister, and how he was about to ruin it. Noam settled down on the floor next to her, smiling as she continued to giggle with joy, hugging the Dratini as it tried to wriggle itself on her shoulders. “Come here, kid. One last hug before I go.” Without warning, he pulled her into a bear hug, effectively letting the Dratini squirm down to the floor.

“H-Hey!” Madigan had been caught off-guard, but she had not pushed him away either. She merely smiled and let her cheek rest against his chest, unaware of the fact that a tear had dropped on her white hair. “Get real, Noam. You act like you’re never coming back.”

If only she had known at the time, she would have hugged him and never let go.

But not everyone was lucky enough to get a fairy tale ending.

Madigan remembered crying for days when reality finally hit her, and to this day the now seventeen-year-old girl still cried every now and then when something triggered her memories. She had been angry, confused, upset… but most of all, she had been betrayed. Betrayed by the person who was supposed to take care of her when their parents decided they were not worth the trouble. And for what? Team Rocket? Since when had Noam ever been interested in that lifestyle? Madigan could not fathom a logical answer, and now she supposed she would never get one.

Despite her brother’s lie, she had been offered a place in Bao’s home, but it did not feel right. He was her closest friend, nothing would even change that, but how could she allow herself to become a burden? So, she had politely declined. Still, where did that leave her? The old family house—what the hell was family, anyway?—had not been fit for living for years. The solution came to her when Madigan decided to bring Dratini to the Pokémon Center for a checkup. Nurse Joy knew of the girl’s situation—but then again, in a place as small as Pallet Town, everyone did—and offered her free board and a paying job. For once in her life, it seemed like things were finally going her way.

Until one morning when Nurse Joy came to say that she had a visitor.

Grey eyes flickered up from the Rattata in her lap. Some kid had rushed in last night, crying that his Rattata was not acting like normal. Turns out, the Pokémon just had a splinter in its paw, and now it was doing just fine. “Let me guess,” she started to say, still scratching the Rattata under its chin as it squeaked with content. “Bao?”

The older nurse’s coy smile gave it away.

Of course it was Bao. Who else would be audacious enough to come to her when she was still working? The thought alone brought a smile to Madigan’s face. After all this time, he still had not gotten tired of her, even after her change in personality. “Is it okay for me to—”

Nurse Joy interrupted the girl before she could finish. “Of course. You were due for a break anyway. May I?” She reached out for the Rattata; Madigan obliged as she handed over the Pokemon and stood from where she was sitting. “Go on.”

Madigan adjusted the hem of her white dress before she made her way through the doors, followed almost immediately by her Dratini who rushed out to see Bao first. The little devil.

“Interrupting me at work now, huh?” Madigan playfully put her hands on her hips in mock annoyance. “That’s going to cost you… BAO!” The last part came out unexpectedly, almost a scream. Her eyes were glued to his belt, more specifically, the items that were attached to the belt—six Poké Balls and a Pokédex. Dratini was already sniffing the occupied Poké Ball.

“When did you get those??”

Desirable Smoker

User ImageUser Image

"...'I'll come back soon to visit'...No, no no...Hmm...'Don't worry! Isabel will be around still, I'll call you both soon!'....Mmm...That won't do either..." Bao stood near the front desk of the Pokecenter, rubbing his chin thoughtfully as he thought out loud how he'd be telling Madigan of his departure . They had been inseparable since....since kindergarten. Even more so when, well, her brother 'dissapeared'. He remembered it like it was yesterday. She was so broken , it took everything in him not to cry with her. Bao never pressed her for answers or even though about questioning anyone as to why it had happened in the first place. He had been as young as her at the time, and decided his energies were more best spent on helping her recover. She had changed since that day, no question about it , but it never fazed him. She was still his Madi, he had made it a priority over the years to let her know that. Even though most of the town thought ill of him she never treated him any differently, that's what he appreciated most of her. She stuck by him and straightened him out when no one else bothered to even care . He would always do the same for her.

And now he had to say goodbye.

Bao rose a brow curiously as he was snapped out of his thoughts by a Dratini wrapping itself around his leg, slowly working its way up to his arm then gently around his neck and pressing its head sweetly under the males chin. He grinned , stroking the dragon pokemon gently. It was Madigan's pokemon, had been for a long time , so of course it nature knew who he was. "Good to see you, Dratini. You're looking as bad a** as ever, aren't ya ? Where's your wussy little own-" his question was interrupted, and oddly enough answered by someone shrieking his name out out from behind him, even making Dratini maneuver itself from where it was back onto the Pokecenter desk and away from Bao. The trainer turned to look at his best friend, who looked like she had seen a ghost and was focusing on his belt. Bao followed her gazpoto his Poké Balls and rubbed the back of his head nervously , placing his pokedex in his back pocket next to where his wallet was as she asked where he had gotten those. Very good question. Poké Balls where very expensive to common kids like them. Six of them alone were about $1,200, way more then he could afford on a part time job. s**t. That was a months rent by itself. It shouldn't have surprised him she had noticed something so simple.
                                                "Madigan...I-I got them from Professor Oak. I..." he had never been this nervous before. Hell, he was the town hoodlum as they called him. Even bring arrested didn't make him jitter nearly half as much. As Dratini sniffed the ball that contained his Pokemon, Bao looked down and grinned, releasing a small sigh. It was just time to get it over with. Reaching down to his belt, Bao grabbed the said Pokéball and placed it between his fingers , looking at his friend. Although she had never seen him with a Pokémon of his own before , she had been the only one to know about his part time job at the lab with Oak, and had been one of the few people in his childhood whom be had ever told about someday being a pokemon trainer. It had just been years since he had brought it up, but as Bao pressed the center button on the capsule ball and it increased to the size of about an average baseball, the answer to her question should have been seen as clear as day. "I'm leaving Pallet town to become a Pokemon Master, Madi. "

With one more press to the same button, Bao threw the Pokéball in the air as it bursted open and released a vivid stream of light that planted itself right next to Dratini. After a few seconds and while the ball returned to Bao the light would form itself into a small shape and slowly grow dim, a Noibat now perched at the edge of the desk looking right up to Bao with a smile on his face before turning to chirp at Dratini. Bao turned to Madi and grinned from ear to ear, very proud of his first pokemon. "Say hello to Noibat ! Professor Oak came back from a far away region a few weeks ago and brought some poke eggs with him. He let me have this one while I worked there with him as long as I took good care of it. He just hatched a few days ago, isn't he awesome ?Anyway. When he hatched, the old geezer asked me if I wanted to take a Pokedex and become a trainer with Noibat... And I just couldn't say no . I can travel the world now and become really, really strong! And provide for Isabel and you, I can make good money now. I know I can do it." the bad boy smiled sweetly at Madigan , Noibat apparently having lost interest in his conversation and now playfully tussling around with the Dratini. The man actually looked....happy. Excited. Which was saying something. He just hoped she wouldn't take this the wrong way. He didn't want to leave her...

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces