Welcome to Gaia! ::

Should I watch the Attack on Titan live action film?

Sure, whatever. 0.5 50.0% [ 4 ]
NO. DO NOT WATCH AT ALL COSTS 0.375 37.5% [ 3 ]
Definately! You should totally watch it! 0.125 12.5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 8 ]

Fashionable Noob

5,500 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
I found a copy of it on an online movie viewing site and I was wondering what you anime fans think of it if you have seen it. Should I, or shouldn't I?

Lonely Noob

6,650 Points
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
the movie is still in works i assume but it is sure a good thing to check out because
the creator is the director too i believe or something like that. some character may be changed tho because he making the movie act as if a separate universe like muuplt-verse kind of thing

Fashionable Noob

5,500 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Little Derpie
the movie is still in works i assume but it is sure a good thing to check out because
the creator is the director too i believe or something like that. some character may be changed tho because he making the movie act as if a separate universe like muuplt-verse kind of thing

But it's right here?

http://www.hulubox.com/shingeki-no-kyojin-attack-on-titan-2015-solarmovie25-putlocker-popcorntime-yifyhd22/

mv 's Problem

Spicy Dog

17,325 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Timid 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
I haven't watched it yet but it looks promising.

Romantic Dreamer

15,150 Points
  • Confectioner’s Sweetest Confession 100
  • Chocolatier’s Faithful Gift 200
  • Chocolate Champion: Sundae! 50
Well, there's only one thing I can tell you. If you like the manga/anime then you're NOT gonna like the live action.

I had to leave the cinema at the middle of the film cause of non-existent, non-canon romance between characters, like where did that come from?

I understand that the effects aren't very good. BUT it wasn't really that bad. Only they didn't follow the plot AT ALL.

Sorry if I'm very passionate about this. It's just that, I feel like they butchered the franchise. Was it so hard to follow the storyline? The characters were so out of character it feels like I'm watching a REALLY bad fanfiction (without Levi, Erwin, Marco, Krista, Connie, Riener etc) in action.

Fashionable Noob

5,500 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
ll Hige ll
Well, there's only one thing I can tell you. If you like the manga/anime then you're NOT gonna like the live action.

I had to leave the cinema at the middle of the film cause of non-existent, non-canon romance between characters, like where did that come from?

I understand that the effects aren't very good. BUT it wasn't really that bad. Only they didn't follow the plot AT ALL.

Sorry if I'm very passionate about this. It's just that, I feel like they butchered the franchise. Was it so hard to follow the storyline? The characters were so out of character it feels like I'm watching a REALLY bad fanfiction (without Levi, Erwin, Marco, Krista, Connie, Reiner etc) in action.

ll Hige ll
without Levi, Erwin, Marco, Krista, Connie, Reiner etc

They aren't in the movie at all? What the heck! That makes no sense, the story wouldn't even be as good without them! I only watched 5 mins of it so far and I was like "Why does Mikasa seem so happy?" And then I yelled when Erin gave Mikasa his scarf. All the nope from what I've seen so far.

Romantic Dreamer

15,150 Points
bluecherry_BIossoms

ll Hige ll
without Levi, Erwin, Marco, Krista, Connie, Reiner etc

They aren't in the movie at all? What the heck! That makes no sense, the story wouldn't even be as good without them! I only watched 5 mins of it so far and I was like "Why does Mikasa seem so happy?" And then I yelled when Erin gave Mikasa his scarf. All the nope from what I've seen so far.

YES! They're not. Levi was replaced by what's-his-face guy who is Humanity's strongest but not really cause he's pretty weak. Also Mikasa was SO out of character. She's weak and frightened all the time. She totally became a damsel in distress.

LOL my brother was beside me at the cinema and there was a kissing scene and he was sliding on his chair muttering no, no, no.. then he shouted NO and bolted out of the cinema. I was laughing so hard I had to following him out. Gotta say, I didn't really care for the rest of the film.

Spoiler here.. Just highlight if you like..
The only thing they got right was when Eren saved Armin from the mouth of a titan. Also what's-his-face-levi-replacement was Mikasa love team, oops, that like indirect incest, I don't know.

Fashionable Noob

5,500 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
YES! They're not. Levi was replaced by what's-his-face guy who is Humanity's strongest but not really cause he's pretty weak. Also Mikasa was SO out of character. She's weak and frightened all the time. She totally became a damsel in distress.

LOL my brother was beside me at the cinema and there was a kissing scene and he was sliding on his chair muttering no, no, no.. then he shouted NO and bolted out of the cinema. I was laughing so hard I had to following him out. Gotta say, I didn't really care for the rest of the film.

Spoiler here.. Just highlight if you like..
The only thing they got right was when Eren saved Armin from the mouth of a titan. Also what's-his-face-levi-replacement was Mikasa love team, oops, that like indirect incest, I don't know.

What do you mean by "Mikasa love team?" Also don't worry, I don't mind the spoilers xD

Romantic Dreamer

15,150 Points
bluecherry_BIossoms
What do you mean by "Mikasa love team?" Also don't worry, I don't mind the spoilers xD

Sorry I didn't see your reply there. Hmm.. Mikasa is with whats-his-face while Eren and Sasha have a moment. It is seriously a WTF situation. rofl

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
It actually wasnt bad and Im not the biggest AoT fan (mainly the anime). It was slightly different than the manga/anime, but the plot was still the same. I actually enjoyed the changes because Eren was less annoying. The CGI wasnt bad either.

Romantic Dreamer

15,150 Points
Little Dead Soldier
It actually wasnt bad and Im not the biggest AoT fan (mainly the anime). It was slightly different than the manga/anime, but the plot was still the same. I actually enjoyed the changes because Eren was less annoying. The CGI wasnt bad either.

The plot was not the same. It was very very different.

Sagely Dreamer

10,500 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Noble Shade 100
I was confused af when I saw it.

Sure the basic plot was there, but all the little details which I enjoyed are gone?! Even certain characters are missing and dear god Mikasa. Unnecessary romance was present, and important characters didn't even show? I don't know what they're doing, but I didn't enjoy it much.

Of course, the titans, CGI and action scenes are great, the gore is just as well done as it was in the anime/ manga, but there were too many plot changes for me to be happy with it.

O.G. Elder

If the plot is significantly different it is because the plot of the manga/anime was not remotely possible to develop into an interesting and satisfying ninety to one hundred twenty minute film.

Let's face it. I like AoT but it is a convoluted ******** mess in so many ways. Most episodes and chapters nothing significant to advancement occurs. There are dozens of characters who develop only to be killed off ignominiously having little effect on the story, ultimately. All character relationships are such a slow damn burn that you can't fault the film writers for adding a romance plot that plays out simply, just to provide an anchor point.

If you were a fan and you expected to see a direct and faithful adaptation then I can only say your expectations were the most unfortunate thing about the movie. The movie you wanted to see was impossible. Even the anime is already significantly truncated in relation to the manga.

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Fans who want expect the same story as the manga or anime will be disappointed.

I don't really mind the changes, but the romance part kinda ruined the experience for me. Other than that awkward scene involving Eren, Mikasa, and the guy replacing Levi, the movie wasn't bad at all.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff