Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roaming Kitten

14,675 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Miasmal Lake Roamer 50
  • Forum Explorer 100
Ages ago, a great and powerful evil wreaked havoc on the land. Amid the chaos, a band of heroes rose up and faced down the evil. They managed to weaken and seal the evil entity in pieces. No one knows what the sealed parts look like nor where they are. Only that after the event, the Oracle wrote down a prophecy that eventually the seal would break and the evil would return, though at first divided but shall eventually recombine and once more violate the land and it's people. The time has come and the seals have steadily broken down. It is time once again for the heroes to return and destroy the pieces of evil before they can recombine. Will you be a hero? Or are you acting against them?

Roaming Kitten

14,675 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Miasmal Lake Roamer 50
  • Forum Explorer 100
~RULES~
1) No God-moding (i.e. please don't try to play god- Auto-block/hit every fight without limits and hits are overpowered). No cybering either, all 18+ content is left to imaginations of the players~!

2) Cursing kept to a minimum please. One or two is good, a whole post littered with them is not~!

3)Respect your fellow role-players and leave private "drama" out of this thread.

4) Posts should contain at least three proper sentences at minimum. Limited reprieves will be given for those who ask for them so long as it is not made a habit and there's legitimate reasoning for falling below the minimum requirement.

5) Please notify me if you are unable to post for a period or intend to drop-out of the roleplay. I will try to let people know when I'm going to be inactive, so I hope you would do the same so no one has any doubts about your availability to interact with.

6)Send profiles with the subject "I fight the resurrection" for heroes and "I support the resurrection" for villains and include a 3nodding to prove to me you read the rules~!

7)Have fun and keep drama to PMs either to me or the other person involved and out of the roleplay~!

Roaming Kitten

14,675 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Miasmal Lake Roamer 50
  • Forum Explorer 100

Roaming Kitten

14,675 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Miasmal Lake Roamer 50
  • Forum Explorer 100
Current weather: Calm, sunny
Days til seals completely break down: 200
Current Bands of Heroes: None
Current bands of villians: None
{Posts will begin soon}

Roaming Kitten

14,675 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Miasmal Lake Roamer 50
  • Forum Explorer 100
I came from the depths of despair, held together with bandages and a sliver of hope
My life is only to fight the darkness before it swallows me whole again

~Marion Sakain~

Marion rested in a tree outside the orphanage. She had long since left the place, but she returned to provide food and what coin she could. She had recently dropped off half of the funds she'd earned from capturing a bandit who'd been terrorizing the village recently. Despite the calm weather, she felt something in the air that put her slightly on edge. It was probably time for the Great Heroes of the Oracle's prophecy to appear and begin their quest.

She pondered if she could be a hero. She certainly considered herself one privately, but would she qualify to others like the Oracle?No way they'd call me a hero...just a bratty orphan with a chip on her shoulder against bandits and miscreants She stretched and yawned, closing her eyes. She needed to stop thinking for now and rest. She'd certainly need some before heading off to train some more.

Current location: Outside the orphanage, in a tree
Current company: No one
Current activity: Resting, wondering about the future

But maybe it's alright to accept allies
So long as they understand that I am not a tool to be used
I am human too

Roaming Kitten

14,675 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Miasmal Lake Roamer 50
  • Forum Explorer 100
NPC Post.

Meanwhile, a small skirmish was starting at the village's center. One of the escaped bandits had tried to rob a single mother and her son. The son was wielding a wooden sword and barely handling the older man's violent assault. The sound of shouts and cries rang out beyond the center and reached the outskirts near the orphanage.

NPC Post

Roaming Kitten

14,675 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Miasmal Lake Roamer 50
  • Forum Explorer 100
I came from the depths of despair, held together with bandages and a sliver of hope

~Marion Sakain~

Marion had almost completely nodded of when the echoes of a ruckus hit her ears. She carefully stretched and leaped from the tree before proceeding towards the direction the sound had come from. Within maybe fifteen minutes, she'd reached the area where the skirmish was taking place

. By now a few men had tried to restrain the man unsuccessfully and the boy definitely had a few scrapes and bruises. She pushed her way through the crowd and grabbed one of the bandits arms as he flailed around, trying to go after the kid again. As the man tried to turn and hit whatever had grabbed him, Marion punched him squarely in the jaw, before releasing his arm and dropping into a crouch and kicking him in the abdomen. The bandit fell backwards and hit he ground with a heavy thud.

Marion straightened and moved over to the bandit, pinning him with one foot "I highly suggest you apologize for your actions and repent or I'll send you straight to your own personal hell" The bandit squirmed and cussed her out, leading her to move her foot til she squished his family jewels and silenced his foul mutterings with pain "Typical" Then she removed her foot and left the bandit to the authorities who'd finally gotten into the center of the crowd and managed to gather up the squirming bandit and bind him so he couldn't fight them anymore. She turned her attention to the somewhat beat up kid and began tending to his injuries. Once they were healed she turned him over to his grateful mother and let out a sigh of relief. She hadn't exactly planned for her nap to be cut short in a such a manner, but at least all was resolved without bloodshed.

Current location: Village Center
Current company: Lots of people
Current activity: Calming down after a quick beat down of a trouble-making bandit

I am human too
Jumping into a different realm is terrifying
Without someone there beside you to hold your hand
And tell you that everything's going to be alright.

Ikuya Maruyama

Ikuya finished sewing the final touches on one of his mother's dresses and sighed in relief. Finally, he was done! Now he wouldn't be cursing from time to time when he accidently pricked himself with the sewing needle. He stood up from his stool, shook out the dress a bit, and hung it on a coat hanger which he put back in the closet. He walked to his mother's room and noticed that she was sleeping. He went over to the nightstand, pulled open a drawer, and took out a pen and a small notepad. He wrote a quick note, saying that he was going to the market to pick up some items. Afterward, he walked out of the room, grabbed a basket, and headed out of the house.

When Ikuya got near the market, he noticed a commotion calming down and someone being attended to by a woman with blonde hair. When the woman was done fixing the boy's injuries, the boy looked straight at him and he gasped slightly, darting into the small market. Phew! That was too close! He began searching for the items that he needed for dinner that night. He walked slowly through the market, trying to pick out the best items that he could get for a decent price.

Is there going to be a wire to get me back to my realm?
There may be a silver lining in this realm,
But that's only if we allow ourselves to see it when it shows itself.

Roaming Kitten

14,675 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Miasmal Lake Roamer 50
  • Forum Explorer 100

~Marion Sakain~

Marion watched the crowd completely break down and stretched. She felt too tense to just go back to napping. She took a moment to look around. She still had enough coin on her to buy something to eat before heading off to train. She walked over to a fruit vendor and bought a few apples and putting them in a pouch before heading towards the outskirts of town.

She knew the small training grounds would be empty and it would be perfect to get rid of the leftover tension from the short lived match with the bandit. She reached the training grounds after maybe a twenty minute walk. She pulled her bo staff from it's holster on her back and took her usual stance. She took a moment before starting her furious assault on one of the straw-filled dummies. It wasn't as good as an actual opponent but she didn't really know of anyone who could actually stand a one on one match with her.

Current location: Training Field
Current company: None one
Current activity: Beating the stuffing out of a training dummy with my bo staff

I am human too

Ikuya Maruyama

Ikuya finally got the items that he needed and paid for them when he got to the front counter. He left in a hurry, not noticing that the crowd from earlier had disappeared and went to go about with their own lives. He hurried back to his house, locked the door behind him, and placed the basket up on the counter. He took the items out of the basket, gently putting them on the breadboard, and removed a sharp knife from a drawer. He quickly cut the fruits and vegetables up and placed them in a large wooden bowl. He mixed the cut-up pieces of the food quickly and set the entire thing on the table in case his mother wanted to get something to eat. He covered the bowl with a clean towel and went outside again. Why he was going outside for a second time was beyond him at this point.

He started walking in the direction of the village he went to get the fruits and vegetables. He didn't say hi to anyone or even stop to talk to someone. He didn't know why he was doing this. He was abnormally tense for some reason, but he couldn't put his finger on it. He reached the training grounds after almost thirty minutes or so and noticed the same blonde-haired woman from earlier. Instead of approaching her, he simply sat underneath a tree and took out one of his needles. He pulled out a white handkerchief from his coat pocket and began to clean the needle, even though it was already clean. He glanced up from time to time to see the woman beating up one of the straw-filled dummies with some sort of staff. He went back to cleaning the needle, something that was keeping him from losing his composure.

Roaming Kitten

14,675 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Miasmal Lake Roamer 50
  • Forum Explorer 100

~Marion Sakain~

Marion finally stopped once she felt herself grow tired and hunched over, panting and barely keeping her bo staff in hand. She felt the sensation of someone nearby and looked around once she'd regained her composure. She noticed someone sitting beneath a nearby tree. She was rather confused that someone would come all the way out here and idle under a tree. The figure seemed vaguely familiar, like she'd seen them around town but probably hadn't spoken with them.

She put her bo staff back in it's holster on her back and untied the apple sack. Pulling out one for herself, she decided to approach the stranger. At the very least to appease her curiosity about why they were here. She walked until she was next to the tree, standing off to the side in such a way as to not put herself in front of what she know could confirm was a green haired male. She cleared her throat a little before uttering a "hello" in a calm, friendly tone. As she awaited his possible reaction or response, she rubbed the apple she'd taken out before taking a careful bite from it.

Current company: Green haired person
Current activity: Munching an apple while trying to chat with the green haired person.

I am human too

Ikuya Maruyama

Ikuya finished with the needle a few minutes later and put it back in its special pouch. He pulled another out and started to clean it, careful not to poke himself with it. Even though he was a klutz much of the time, he was the exact opposite when fighting or cleaning his weapons. No one, not even him, knew why this was, but he never questioned it. It was a relief to him to know that he wasn't always a klutz. He didn't know if he could take the criticism associated with that. He smiled a little as the thought presented itself in his mind. However, that smile was soon to disappear.

He heard someone saying hello to him, breaking his concentration. He nearly jumped from his spot and dropped the needle and handkerchief onto the ground. Ah, great. Now I'll need to clean it again. He looked up and turned his head to see the blonde-haired woman. Wait, wasn't she just training? What happened in the time that he wasn't looking? These question ran through his head as he tried to come up with a reply. It took several moments before he could finally get one word out of his mouth,
"H-hello..."

Roaming Kitten

14,675 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Miasmal Lake Roamer 50
  • Forum Explorer 100

~Marion Sakain~

Marion silently watched the male nearly jump, dropping what he'd had in his hands, and fumble with a response before finally saying hello "Sorry, didn't mean to startle ya" She paused before adding "so..what are you doing out here exactly?"

She knew it was probably rude to ask that rather than introduce herself but it was the main reason she'd even come over to speak to the guy. She took another bite of her apple, considering offering one to the guy while waiting to see if he'd willingly continue talking or shoo her off.

Current company: Green haired person
Current activity: Munching an apple while trying to chat with the green haired person.

I am human too

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out