Welcome to Gaia! ::

Capt Buckner CTO
Moral Gutpunch
Capt Buckner ******** HOAs[/quote]
Why do we have them anymore? Real estate is hurting as it is and there's droughts EVERYWHERE (one of the first things HOAs comaplains about is your l
g88clv3x:2="Capt Buckner ******** HOAs[/quote]
Why do we have them anymore? Real estate is hurting as it is and there's droughts EVERYWHERE (one of the first things HOAs comaplains about is your lawn).

I do a small part-time manufacturing gig with my friend in his garage. We cut and pack PVC pipe target stands for shooting targets. It was Sunday late mornings, generally starting around 10, and people were still bitching about sound. ******** you, its 10am, perfectly acceptable time to start using power tools.

I can't use power tools, I can't start a veggie garden, and I can't put a tiny beehive in my backyard. But They can put a school across the street from my house and have kids scream like they're being murdered at all hours of the day. rolleyes

Faustine Liem
Fun fact, there was once a guy who went to jail for a bad lawn.
The sad part is, this isn't the ONLY case of people going to jail for their bad lawns.

Those particular grass types are notorious for being uneven, dying even in good water and moderate light, suck at achoring to the soil, and are bad for the soil. But they're the required kinds. That's too many levels of dumb to make a law for someone to have in their yard with no alternative for me to list in one sitting.

Devoted Lovergirl

20,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Not a surprise. My neighborhood is a part of the HOA. Years ago, my next-door neighbor painted her deck white. HOA rules says your deck can't be painted (it can be stained, though). They told her to get rid of the paint or they'll tear down her deck and make her build a new one. Needless to say, her deck was torn down.
Well if purple won't cut it lets paint it as a rainbow and of the color of revenge ,bright yellow of course. I wander if the idea of changing the color every week might change their mind 3nodding ninja

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
It's in what looks like a fenced in back yard. I'm confused.

What color do they want it to be?

I understand that HOAs can be a good thing and keep neighborhoods clean and nice looking, but this is a little nitpicky. Especially since they wouldn't go for gray, either.
Shark Bacon

I understand that HOAs can be a good thing and keep neighborhoods clean and nice looking, but this is a little nitpicky. Especially since they wouldn't go for gray, either.

HOA's are regulated and work with (sometimes owned by) real estate companies. I can totally understand 'Citizens Cleanup Community' or something where neighbors get a say with stuff and the only laws are basic ' nothing lethal' and 'clean up your stuff' ones. I don't understand lawn regulations, color rules, or even bans on non-poisonous flowers in yards.

Amateur Angel

17,950 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
how ******** boring and pathetic does your life have to be to care THAT much about this kind of s**t? seriously.

JamesWN's Secret Admirer

Spoopy Bibliophile

HOA never like anything and find anything to nitpick about to make themselves feel 'big'.>>;

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
User Image

HOAs are almost always run by entitlement minded douche bags. Everything has to be their way, no room for anyone else.

User Image
WTF, HOA? For the love of Pars, just...chill, 'kay? It's just a freaking purple playground. Bunch of conformists xp

Original Rogue

11,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
OK, if it's in their own backyard and in no way totally visible from the streets, just let it be. I can understand certain regulations regarding what the front of a house should look like in some areas, but there really needs to be more wiggle room for the backyard. A backyard, like the inside of a house, is a reflection of the people who live there. It shows what they like to do outside.

Divine Anubutt

27,850 Points
  • Skilled Snowfriend Architect 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
clearly the ultimate leader of the HOA is Deloris Umbridge ¬~¬ I mean that's the only way such a wretched hive of scum and villainy could become such a big organization, right?
I never want to live in a neighborhood run by an HOA. ._.

I want to be able to do what I want with my home. I mean, I paid for it. o3o

JamesWN's Secret Admirer

Spoopy Bibliophile

Prism Stryder Kaede
clearly the ultimate leader of the HOA is Deloris Umbridge ¬~¬ I mean that's the only way such a wretched hive of scum and villainy could become such a big organization, right?

Ugh,someone call the centaurs to take her out for once and for all!
Take that wretched Skeeter woman too! scream

Blessed Friend

Hoa is nothing more than a group of people wanting a cookie cutter community.
One little difference and they flip their s**t.
Yuki_Windira
Prism Stryder Kaede

Ugh,someone call the centaurs to take her out for once and for all!
Take that wretched Skeeter woman too! scream

Yeah! scream

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas