• Big Tipper 100
  • Invisibility 100
Rumaty Ivan
Tem Ditties
Rumaty Ivan
Tem Ditties
Rumaty Ivan
the feels me two just started college on monday crying

I AM SO SCARED. I just went to check out the campus today and the buildings my classes will be in omg

what im scared of is failing the subj crying

tru I'm only taking 3 classes tho : spanish, preparatory english, & human sexuality

only 3 O . O
ours is course and consist of alot of subjects...and one thing I hate the most is English!!! GRAMMAR!!! Essays!!!!

Well to be a full time student we need to be taking 12 units which are like credits basically lol and my classes add up to 13 plus I'm getting financial aid and I have to pass my classes in order to have it so the less the better. Plus I heard taking to many classes at once is bad

Wealthy Phantom

12,075 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Invisibility 100
icey bb
those are intrusive negative thoughts
imagine them like a tiny monster sitting on your shoulder whispering in your ear

think about it like this-
how often do you really look around and negatively notice someone in a crowd unless they're doing somthing dum

ps
dont raise your hand to ask to go to the bathroom just go

theres more tips but idk if u want them idk?

OMG I NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT THE BATHROOM ONE THANK YOU
WHAT SHOULD I BRING ON MY FIRST DAY I DONT HAVE MY BOOKS YET ALSO TWO CLASSES ARE HALF ON THE WEB AND HALF IN CLASS

Interesting Girl

Tem Ditties
icey bb
those are intrusive negative thoughts
imagine them like a tiny monster sitting on your shoulder whispering in your ear

think about it like this-
how often do you really look around and negatively notice someone in a crowd unless they're doing somthing dum

ps
dont raise your hand to ask to go to the bathroom just go

theres more tips but idk if u want them idk?

OMG I NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT THE BATHROOM ONE THANK YOU
WHAT SHOULD I BRING ON MY FIRST DAY I DONT HAVE MY BOOKS YET ALSO TWO CLASSES ARE HALF ON THE WEB AND HALF IN CLASS

take one notebook, 1 pen, 1 pencil (someone will prob ask you for one lmao)
if you have a laptop take it, have it started but dont pull it out immediately
thats it tbh

just go on your phone a bit, look around see if anyone else looks awkward and sit near them if they look not mean

they wont expect you to have the textbooks

///tips from some1 who has gone through uni with anxiety lol///

Solztize's Oppa

Skilled Ladykiller

14,375 Points
  • Divine Allies 250
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Punk Patrol 250
Tem Ditties
Rumaty Ivan
Tem Ditties
Rumaty Ivan
Tem Ditties
Rumaty Ivan
the feels me two just started college on monday crying

I AM SO SCARED. I just went to check out the campus today and the buildings my classes will be in omg

tru I'm only taking 3 classes tho : spanish, preparatory english, & human sexuality

only 3 O . O
ours is course and consist of alot of subjects...and one thing I hate the most is English!!! GRAMMAR!!! Essays!!!!

Well to be a full time student we need to be taking 12 units which are like credits basically lol and my classes add up to 13 plus I'm getting financial aid and I have to pass my classes in order to have it so the less the better. Plus I heard taking to many classes at once is bad

in the university i entered its already fix, i have 27units

Persistent Prophet

23,115 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Tycoon 200
from someone who had the same fears as you did back when i first started college 4 years ago I will say this :
No one is watching you or testing you. Everyone will litterally try to be your friend in a mad rush to ease their growing fears/excitement of being away from their parents for the first time. I was given a book that I never really read, called "preparing for life in college" or something like that
anyways I randomly flipped to a page and one of the sentences went along the lines of
"Sometimes we assume that just because our peers are in college that they are somehow different than any person we've ever met. In reality college freshman are not quite college students just yet, they are simply highschool kids in a college setting"

No one knows anyone. They are so worried that they will be alone that they won't have time to be worried about you. If anything I'd say don't caught up in the "friend" rush aka don't be quick bff every person who wants to bff you. Eventually things will die down after the first two weeks and you will thoroughly enjoy the indipendance. Till then
deep breaths
sit back
and watch other people for a change.

Tem Ditties
PLEASE HELP ME OUT I'M REALLY SCARED AND PARANOID. LIKE I HAVE BAD ANXIETY AND I'M SCARED THAT EVERYONE WILL BE STARING AT ME AND I KNOW THEY ARENT BUT IT FEELS LIKE IT I START TUESDAY!!!

Wealthy Phantom

12,075 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Invisibility 100
Rumaty Ivan
Tem Ditties
Rumaty Ivan
Tem Ditties
Rumaty Ivan

only 3 O . O

HOW MANY CLASSES IS THAT

Solztize's Oppa

Skilled Ladykiller

14,375 Points
  • Divine Allies 250
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Punk Patrol 250
Tem Ditties
Rumaty Ivan
Tem Ditties
Rumaty Ivan
Tem Ditties
Rumaty Ivan

only 3 O . O

HOW MANY CLASSES IS THAT

8 i think, per subj has either 2hrs / 3hrs /5hrs straight...

Interesting Girl

good blog- ********
follow studyblrs

if you're chronically late just literally leave 10 minutes early so you dont stress

also i wrote this like 4 years ago idk maybe it will help
see that many people struggle with self-confidence when going into a new situation. My views? It’s a new opportunity to be yourself. You just have to get up and get out there. So lets get to the three tips for succeeding at college, besides doing well in classes:

You are not as awkward as you think.
When people enter college, they don’t enter with critical eyes. Those things that you think to yourself about yourself? Those words that you put in other people’s brains? Not true. When you are talking to someone for the first time, they aren’t thinking
“Oh man, that girl stuttured when she talked to me, what a weirdo!” or “Why did this girl talk to me, I just wanted to go through my first day of school alone!”
It’s your first day, it’s your first week, it’s your first class, or even- it’s your first time meeting someone new. Are you anxious to make friends and meet people? Well so is every other person there! That is something that I had to realize my first year, and is something that you have to realize as well. We can never know what another person is thinking. Most likely, they are concerned about themselves, what they’re doing, what they’re going to have for lunch, whether you notice the stain on their collar- their own lives. When you are around a bunch of freshman in college, no one is thinking
“Oh that girl is weird, she talks to people, I don’t want to talk to her”
What makes you not good enough? Nothing, except that you are telling yourself you are not. Find that inner self confidence you’ve been hiding and bring it out, even if you have to fake it.

If you imagine that things are going to suck…they probably will.
When you think about the future in negative terms, saying that you won’t be able to make any friends, or that college is going to be really awkward, you are giving yourself no encouragement. When you tell yourself you can’t do something, or something is going to be bad- chances are that you aren’t going to be able to do it. You do not know the future. You do not know what will happen. Go into school without expectations. When you have neutral expectations you are ready for anything. Make sure to go with the flow of things, things change all the time, activities pop up at random opportunities- grab them while you can!
The same thing if you expect people to not like you. These people do not know you. You get to show them who you are and what you bring to the table. While that might seem intimidating- it is SO freeing. When I worked at a camp last summer, I decided
“You know what, these people don’t know me, they don’t know my past, why should I act self concious and shy around them?”
So I did just that. I faked confidence. I talked to people, I made friends. That whole fake confidence creates real confidence? It works. If you pretend to be outgoing, if you feign that you can talk to people, guess what? You ARE then talking to people and being outgoing! And when you act like yourself, when you let your personality shine through, and talk about the things you like, people are going to like that about you. You could be the most society-says-I’m-not-pretty-girl in the world, but when you go out of your way, or respond back, or be yourself- people notice. People want to get to know you. It doesn’t have to be you being the life of the party, but simply sharing your opinions and responding to others and asking how someone’s weekend was. People out there are probably just as nervous as you are, especially those first few days of college! The number one thing is- go in without expectations. If you expect to meet your best friend the first few days and expect college to be amazingly awesome- you might be disappointing, and be let down. If you expect school to be terrible you’ll see all the bad spots, and all the people who were too busy or distracted with their own lives to get to know you. Keep going, don’t give up. College is what you make of it.

Nothing is going to happen if you do nothing.
My first semester of school I was upset because I wasn’t meeting people. I wasn’t taking opportunities because I had already ruled them out in my head. I was giving myself excuses to not take risks and to do what was safe. If you sit in your dorm room all day, ignore the campus social events, don’t talk to people in class- things aren’t going to happen. No one is going to come knocking on your door saying “Hello, we are so alike, lets be best friends and go to parties together”. But go through those awkward orientations, wade through the weirdos selling health insurance and take a chance. That’s the only way that you’ll really find that you are good enough. You are an individual, and others deserve to know you. Look at the campus bulletin board. Join a club. No one is going to think you’re a weirdo for going to their club, they love new members. They made that club so that they could meet people of common interests! Go watch the concerts and the plays and the movies that your school provides. Even if you don’t go or meet anyone, you now have something to talk about with someone else at your school! Don’t be afraid to invite people to do things. Go see a movie, play frisbee on the lawn, play world of warcraft in the basement if that’s your thing- take a chance on someone else, they’re doing the same for you.

DrejBringer's Waifu

Nine-tailed Pup

28,525 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100

User ImageUser Image User Image

User Image All of my friends say that people are usually really nice. Especially if you don't know where you're going.
But yeah like others say it's not like highschool there isn't "groups"... the only problem you might have is with the teachers. You can look up their reviews online... I can't remember where though.
(I'm starting college next year??? hopefully???) User ImageUser Image

User Image

Prophet

Me too, and I'm going to be commuting on my own the whole time. gonk

Prophet

peachcrisp
DON'T INTERACT WITH THE MEN

THEY'LL ALL TRY TO RAPE YOU

JUST ASSUME THE WORST AND MACE THEM
I'll put that on my back to school shopping list then! lol

Ruthless Victory

Tem Ditties

Omg you're heaven sent seriously. I already have a map of the school and a 5 subject notebook and a ton of lead pencils someone told me I should print out my class schedules bc I wrote it down hehe I have spanish, english, & human sexuality (I'm majoring in psych.)
Those are some pretty writing intense courses. Make sure you find out if your campus has a writing center or some sort of tutoring resource. That will help with a lot of the stress you might be feeling. Spanish and English are going to require the most of your time, but Human Sexuality is going to push your comfort boundaries. Any and all Psychology classes I have ever taken usually end up being big therapy sessions, where everyone shares what they feel or know about the subject ( I once had a girl explain, in detail, about her time as a dominatrix in a bondage club. It was interesting, to say the least. Lol).

8,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Anraleth
There is a beast in man that should be exercised, not exorcised

everything will be okay, calm down. your fellow teachers and freshmen will all be there to help you, understanding how you feel.
Not if it's a large university.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces