Welcome to Gaia! ::

kuroreo's Waifu

Peaceful Light

27,575 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
It would be nice to not have the ads pop up when you log out (the one that is under the sign back in boxes) especially when you make sure to pay for enough gc to keep them off when you are online.

Edit: Okay rephrasing this lol. I know that you have to be logged in to have the ads disabled if you have that option turned on. So, when you log out using the log out button, the ad will pop up because you are not logged in anymore. Just like Gaia main page is ad free completely, it would be nice if that particular ad spot wasn't there. emotion_yatta I am just bad at explaining what I mean xd

Perfect Saint

I'm afraid I never noticed that. When does that come out? As you log out or right after?

kuroreo's Waifu

Peaceful Light

27,575 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
Myrielle
I'm afraid I never noticed that. When does that come out? As you log out or right after?

It is after you use the log out button.

Devoted Noob

10,275 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bidding War 100
  • Timid 100
Silverlight Symphony
Myrielle

I'm guessing because you're not on your account, it will bring up the ads.
So, when you're online no ads, offline ads come back up.

kuroreo's Waifu

Peaceful Light

27,575 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
franlix
Silverlight Symphony
Myrielle

I know, that's why I am just asking if they can remove the ads from the log out page only is all, so that those who do have their ads paid to be turned off, won't have to deal with them when they hit that log out button wink

pixolotl's Stud

Dominant Darling

16,275 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Millionaire 200
Gray Jane was a riverchild.
Born down by the river wild.

It goes by account. If you buy GC on your account, you don't get ADs while logged in. If you log out, there is no account that is logged in so the ADs show up.

I'm assuming they have ADs up on the log in screen to get as much AD revenue as possible so I highly doubt they will remove that.

Said, hey, what I wanna be.
Nobody's gonna intervene.

hollynoel's Bae

Kawaii Sex Symbol

Silverlight Symphony
franlix
Silverlight Symphony
Myrielle

I know, that's why I am just asking if they can remove the ads from the log out page only is all, so that those who do have their ads paid to be turned off, won't have to deal with them when they hit that log out button wink

I'm sorry but this makes no sense to me. How are they gonna know if you paid to have the ads turn off if you're logged out? Paying to have the ads turn off only applies to when you're on your account.

kuroreo's Waifu

Peaceful Light

27,575 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
Toppaware
Silverlight Symphony
franlix
Silverlight Symphony
Myrielle

I'm sorry but this makes no sense to me. How are they gonna know if you paid to have the ads turn off if you're logged out? Paying to have the ads turn off only applies to when you're on your account.

I know that. My point is to want the log off page that pops up to be like the gaia main page, ad free whether logged in or not. I don't care if they have ads still up all over the rest of gaia, I have the disabled ads for that, just the log out page would be nice to be like gaia's main page with no ads present at all.

kuroreo's Waifu

Peaceful Light

27,575 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
adorabah
Gray Jane was a riverchild.
Born down by the river wild.

It goes by account. If you buy GC on your account, you don't get ADs while logged in. If you log out, there is no account that is logged in so the ADs show up.

I'm assuming they have ADs up on the log in screen to get as much AD revenue as possible so I highly doubt they will remove that.

Said, hey, what I wanna be.
Nobody's gonna intervene.

I know it goes by account, but they don't have any ads up on the gaia main page, so would be nice if they didn't just for the log out page as well. xd

CrackedJewel's Fangirl

Naughty Nerd

I suggest getting adblock if you're that against ads.

Unholy Shapeshifter

With little to no sponsors coming in,
people turning on Adblock and the like, they're going to put ads in
very nook and cranny they will fit to try and make up for it.
This includes the logout page, where people would be
subject to see them upon logging out. From a business
standpoint with how Gaia is structured at the moment,
I don't see them changing it any time soon as they try
to bring in as much ad revenue as they can.

kuroreo's Waifu

Peaceful Light

27,575 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
.~[Misty.Muffin]~.

I do. Still has given me the malware tried to infect my machine message before though xd I usually just hit the page close button. But, it takes a little to log you out fully sometimes.

kuroreo's Waifu

Peaceful Light

27,575 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
Freeborn Pirate
With little to no sponsors coming in,
people turning on Adblock and the like, they're going to put ads in
very nook and cranny they will fit to try and make up for it.
This includes the logout page, where people would be
subject to see them upon logging out. From a business
standpoint with how Gaia is structured at the moment,
I don't see them changing it any time soon as they try
to bring in as much ad revenue as they can.

I know emo thought I would suggest it anyways though.

Big Noob

I doubt this is possible unless Gaia removes the ads itself. Unless your account with the block is being used by being logged on, the site won't know it. Yes, the others are correct. You need a blocker that extends throughout and beyond your log in session. I don't think Gaia will be making changes that directly affects their potential revenue.

Skilled Genius

Silverlight Symphony
.~[Misty.Muffin]~.

I do. Still has given me the malware tried to infect my machine message before though xd I usually just hit the page close button. But, it takes a little to log you out fully sometimes.

If you use ABP to block ads then you're not getting the warning from ads or anything to do with ads. You have something else in your system going on, like maybe you have adware trying to inject something into the page. ABP completely blocks ad domains from loading, so you'd never get any data from the ad service that would trigger a malware warning.

Also when you log out, you log out. There isn't any delay. If you're talking about updating the online/offline status that's different. That's just the time it takes to update the status or re-cache the status, whatever Gaia does, but the log out process is instant. It destroys the session stored on the server and destroys the session cookie in your browser.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff