Welcome to Gaia! ::

Osornatsu-san's Husband

Enduring Reveler

Anyone here practice bellydancing?
I had been thinking about taking local classes and was wondering if anyone here does so as well. (:

Dapper Ladykiller

I did it for about four years before I moved cities!

It is super fun, and is a huge confidence boost. I can't say much for any weight loss effects because I was much tinier when I did it, but it is a GREAT core workout once you get into drills.

Are your local classes through a gym or a troupe?

Osornatsu-san's Husband

Enduring Reveler

Zuska Darling

It is super fun, and is a huge confidence boost. I can't say much for any weight loss effects because I was much tinier when I did it, but it is a GREAT core workout once you get into drills.

Oh, wonderful!

It does look super fun, and a confidence booster as well. Well, that's okay, I do running too to exercise and stay active. A great core workout does sound lovely though.

Doing a little local research it seems the two I could find were through a troupe, which was kind of disappointing as I was more interested in just the workout and practice rather than actually performing.
I'll see if the YMCA might offer local lessons, I know they used to..

Dapper Ladykiller

Ghostly Sprite
Zuska Darling

Oh, wonderful!

It does look super fun, and a confidence booster as well. Well, that's okay, I do running too to exercise and stay active. A great core workout does sound lovely though.

Doing a little local research it seems the two I could find were through a troupe, which was kind of disappointing as I was more interested in just the workout and practice rather than actually performing.
I'll see if the YMCA might offer local lessons, I know they used to..

See. I actually think the opposite. Being a part of a troupe- even if you never perform- keeps you more accountable and will force you to learn good technique instead of going through the motions. I learned through a troupe and my teacher was really good about explaining what muscles she was using and how to make different moves more fluid or sharp depending on what you were contracting.

Osornatsu-san's Husband

Enduring Reveler

Zuska Darling
See. I actually think the opposite. Being a part of a troupe- even if you never perform- keeps you more accountable and will force you to learn good technique instead of going through the motions. I learned through a troupe and my teacher was really good about explaining what muscles she was using and how to make different moves more fluid or sharp depending on what you were contracting.

Well, that does make sense, a troupe is a lot higher quality. It just seems like the amount of troupes up here are limited, haha.
I wish I could have danced with you. <3 Your teacher sounds great!

Enigmatic Hobo

I've only taken the occasional class/workshop, but if you have the chance to dance with a troupe, I highly suggest taking advantage of it. Not only will you learn technique as an individual but you will learn so much from dancing as part of a group, and it is so, so much fun having a group to bond with.

Osornatsu-san's Husband

Enduring Reveler

Dancing Lotus Tiger
I've only taken the occasional class/workshop, but if you have the chance to dance with a troupe, I highly suggest taking advantage of it. Not only will you learn technique as an individual but you will learn so much from dancing as part of a group, and it is so, so much fun having a group to bond with.

Aww! Thank you so much for the tip, a troupe does sound good. It could be a really great bonding experience, so yeah, that's what I'll go for then!

Dapper Datemate

I've thought about doing it for a really long time, they tell you that the health benefits - and the emotional ones - are incredible!

Dapper Ladykiller

Merubee
I've thought about doing it for a really long time, they tell you that the health benefits - and the emotional ones - are incredible!

They are right!! I remember the first time I did a class of nothing but drills, I felt like I was sick to my stomach the next day. I was so worried I had food poisoning because my stomach hurt so bad.. then I realized it was MY ABS!! No workout had given me that kind of burn before.

Osornatsu-san's Husband

Enduring Reveler

Merubee

They are incredible! You should do it!

Osornatsu-san's Husband

Enduring Reveler

Zuska Darling
Merubee

They are right!! I remember the first time I did a class of nothing but drills, I felt like I was sick to my stomach the next day. I was so worried I had food poisoning because my stomach hurt so bad.. then I realized it was MY ABS!! No workout had given me that kind of burn before.

Aww.. You must have amazing abs from all that exercise.

Dapper Ladykiller

Ghostly Sprite
Zuska Darling
Merubee

Hah.. I used to! Not so much anymore. I havent danced in quite awhile

Osornatsu-san's Husband

Enduring Reveler

Zuska Darling
Ghostly Sprite
Zuska Darling
Merubee

Hah.. I used to! Not so much anymore. I havent danced in quite awhile

Well, I'm sure your tummy is still really cute. <3

Dapper Datemate

Ghostly Sprite
Merubee

I want to - my main thing is finding out whether it's better to do a class or a dvd!

Osornatsu-san's Husband

Enduring Reveler

Merubee
Ghostly Sprite
Merubee

I want to - my main thing is finding out whether it's better to do a class or a dvd!

That's what I'd been thinking! I sometimes wish there were like online classes you could do through Skype or something too.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff