Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quote:
Kiran Gandhi, who has played drums for singer M.I.A. and Thievery Corporation, decided to run the London Marathon without a tampon. Gandhi let her blood flow freely to raise awareness about women who have no access to feminine products and to encourage women to not be embarrassed about their periods.

After the race, she took photos with her family and friends, wearing her period-stained running pants proudly.

"If there's one way to transcend oppression, it's to run a marathon in whatever way you want," she wrote. "Where the stigma of a woman's period is irrelevant, and we can re-write the rules as we choose."

Source
A lot of poor people in other countries don't have access to basic things such as toiletries and pants.

I could run a marathon without pants and crap all over myself and say it's for a cause, but that still wouldn't make it any less disgusting.

Super Streaker

9,175 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Oh my god. emotion_facepalm
Does she even realize this s**t originated on 4chan?
SleepyBojazzles

What s**t?

Super Streaker

9,175 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Restitutor Orbis Invictus
SleepyBojazzles

What s**t?

This whole "free bleeding" movement.
Edit: It's fine to raise awareness on something, but the whole "don't be embarrassed about your period" thing is what made me facepalm. It's one thing to encourage body love, but this.. is not how to do it. neutral
SleepyBojazzles
SleepyBojazzles

What s**t?

Edit: It's fine to raise awareness on something, but the whole "don't be embarrassed about your period" thing is what made me facepalm. It's one thing to encourage body love, but this.. is not how to do it. neutral

I'm still trying to find the origin of oppression involved in this scenario. Women don't have access to feminine hygiene products in certain areas. That's cool, protest that. It can mean something.

But if you're going to protest a cause like this, then why protest it in a way that comes off as anti-feminine hygiene products?

Is it oppressive that women don't have access to feminine hygiene products, or is it oppressive that women use feminine hygiene products?

I was half expecting to read a slogan like "I will not be a slave to my tampon!"

Super Streaker

9,175 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
shockascent
SleepyBojazzles
SleepyBojazzles

What s**t?

I'm still trying to find the origin of oppression involved in this scenario. Women don't have access to feminine hygiene products in certain areas. That's cool, protest that. It can mean something.

But if you're going to protest a cause like this, then why protest it in a way that comes off as anti-feminine hygiene products?

Is it oppressive that women don't have access to feminine hygiene products, or is it oppressive that women use feminine hygiene products?

I was half expecting to read a slogan like "I will not be a slave to my tampon!"

Probably she means something like, women are taught periods are gross so it promotes self hate.
But the thing is, periods ARE gross. lol
SleepyBojazzles
shockascent
SleepyBojazzles
SleepyBojazzles

What s**t?

Probably she means something like, women are taught periods are gross so it promotes self hate.

Agreed, like a lot of other bodily functions, too.

Garbage

Quote:
to raise awareness about women who have no access to feminine products
...Okay, now it makes sense.

'Cause freebleeding on its own is ******** disgusting. Blood... is gross. Blood from your genitals is extra gross. Flaunting your goddamn unbaby cuntblood "because I'm proud to be a woman" is absurd and gross.

Until this thread, I hadn't actually heard why she did this, just "omg freebleeding, so inspirational!" But being gross for the sake of raising awareness makes sense.

Super Streaker

9,175 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
shockascent
SleepyBojazzles
shockascent
SleepyBojazzles
SleepyBojazzles

What s**t?

Agreed, like a lot of other bodily functions, too.

I feel like people who tell women they're gross for having a period is something a bunch of elementary kids do.

Super Streaker

9,175 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Cassidy Peterson
Quote:

'Cause freebleeding on its own is ******** disgusting. Blood... is gross. Blood from your genitals is extra gross. Flaunting your goddamn unbaby cuntblood "because I'm proud to be a woman" is absurd and gross.

Until this thread, I hadn't actually heard why she did this, just "omg freebleeding, so inspirational!" But being gross for the sake of raising awareness makes sense.

"Unbaby cuntblood"
rofl
I'm gonna use that.

Garbage

SleepyBojazzles
"Unbaby cuntblood"
rofl
I'm gonna use that.
Weird language is my friend 4laugh
Cassidy Peterson
Quote:

I free-bleed from my man-bits all the time. I find it very liberating.

Garbage

shockascent
. . .

you uh

you might

might wanna

see a doctor

about that

buddy

eek

Super Streaker

9,175 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Cassidy Peterson
shockascent
. . .

you uh

you might

might wanna

see a doctor

about that

buddy

eek

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff