So exciting! 0.3125 31.2% [ 5 ]
Total Votes:[ 16 ]
1 2 >

Chatty Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Megathread 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
So, this is a bit embarrassing to state, but whenever I shower or comb my hair I am constantly losing (what feels like) tons of hair! It never used to be bad, just natural shedding but lately its terrible! I used to have lovely, thick hair and now its noticeably thinner. I haven't changed my diet drastically, and have actually been more physically active, haven't changed my shampoo, nothing of the sorts. I don't know what I can do, so does anyone know how I can slow this process or even prevent this?

Enigmatic Hobo

There's a good chance it's hormonal, it could be worth talking to a doctor about just to see if this is a symptom of some kind of imbalance, it might be as simple as adding some new vitamins or other supplements into your daily routine.

Chatty Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Megathread 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Dancing Lotus Tiger
There's a good chance it's hormonal, it could be worth talking to a doctor about just to see if this is a symptom of some kind of imbalance, it might be as simple as adding some new vitamins or other supplements into your daily routine.

I have been talking a multivitamin every day since I was 18...maybe it's just doesn't have what I need in that particular brand. I'll try switching it up, thank you for the tip! And I was going to see my doctor originally about this but of course he's on vacation xp That's why I was hoping for maybe a short term solution, but if it's hormonal...

Enigmatic Hobo

Anzu_Tenshi
Dancing Lotus Tiger

I have been talking a multivitamin every day since I was 18...maybe it's just doesn't have what I need in that particular brand. I'll try switching it up, thank you for the tip! And I was going to see my doctor originally about this but of course he's on vacation xp That's why I was hoping for maybe a short term solution, but if it's hormonal...

Yeah multivitamins are great but sometimes they're just too generic to serve our individual needs. The reason I mention a hormonal cause is because I too have a problem with shedding hair but in my case I actually have an auto-immune disorder that's attacking my thyroid, but it doesn't necessarily have to be something that serious to cause hair to shed - but it's still worth checking out just in case!

Chatty Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Megathread 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Dancing Lotus Tiger
Anzu_Tenshi
Dancing Lotus Tiger

Yeah multivitamins are great but sometimes they're just too generic to serve our individual needs. The reason I mention a hormonal cause is because I too have a problem with shedding hair but in my case I actually have an auto-immune disorder that's attacking my thyroid, but it doesn't necessarily have to be something that serious to cause hair to shed - but it's still worth checking out just in case!

Thank you very much for the tip, I'll definitely check out that avenue! To the doctors!!

Chatty Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Megathread 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Selenites
That started happening to me before I found out I had severe anemia so you should get that checked out. To get my hair stronger I put certain oils an hour before I shower
for thin hair I recommend you use castor oil/ egg whites with olive oil (I don't use this frequently because of smell) ~

I'll definitely get that checked too! I was once told I was slightly anemic but nothing crazy. Maybe it's gotten worse? Yet another thing to take a look at, thank you for that smile
Use conditioner every time you shampoo, Apply an oil or mask treatment weekly, Consider trying hair-boosting supplements, When you detangle wet hair, be sure to start from the bottom and work your way up

Invisible Reveler

hair-shedding can be a bit scary!

I'm not sure how well this works, but I always finish the last rinse of my hair with cooler water--it's fine to start with warm/hot water, but I always end by making the water cooler.

also a common tip, but be careful if you tie your hair up a lot! leaving it tightly tied for long periods of time can damage hair and make it more susceptible to breaking.

Dapper Ladykiller

How old are you? A lot of people start seeing hairloss in their early 20s, when all of the crazy hormones from adolescence finally chill the hell out.

Also, my hairdresser says its a really common issue with hypothyroidism. Its a quick easy blood test to see, but I wouldnt worry too bad if you dont have any other symptoms.

Some medications can cause hairloss as well- its a side effect of blood pressure medication I know but Im sure other drugs could have the same effect

Chatty Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Megathread 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
I'm 27, but I've been on birth control for a long time as I have a hormone imbalance. I haven't changed it up and I've been fairly balanced lately according to my doctor but it's a good possibility.

@Collibro - Thanks for the tips, as I do have to keep my hair up at work when I'm in uniform. I also do 10.5 hour shifts so it's up for a long while! At this point I'm going to try anything and everything!

Lazy Duck

User ImageUser Image
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
You should definitely go see a doctor.
The same thing happened to me awhile back and I was prescribed some sort of tonic to apply on my scalp twice daily.
It really helped.

Other than that, you should really focus on your diet and maybe oil your hair?
Someone told me applying mayonnaise to your hair helps but I don't believe that.

I'm selling my items. Check them out: [x]
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Naughty Lover

Hair loss can also be from stress, if you're very stressed out lately. Gentle Yoga is great to relieve stress and bring you into the present moment. I do Yoga daily. I also suffer from imbalance of hormones, recently diagnosed for about half a year now.

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
Er, could you be pregnant? I started losing hair just before I found out, then it got nice and purdy and thick.
I'd take prenatals, anyway. They're better than a multi and you can take them any time as a woman.

Chatty Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Megathread 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Hmmm, I don't think I'm stressed, I KNOW I'm not pregnant lol and I'll definitely start oiling my hair. I was just avoiding that at first as my hair is naturally oily to start with and any more it gets nasty and stringy gonk

I'll definitely go see a doctor as there's a few things I need to book anyhow. Always better to be safe than sorry!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff