Welcome to Gaia! ::

Whole bunch 'o articles

Taking the pill every five years reduces the chances of womb cancer by 25% in women until menopause.

Scientists estimate the pill, along wit other benefits, has prevented 200,000 cases of womb cancer and 400,000 cases of endomitrial cancer, according to an Oxford study.

Familiar Raccoon

12,200 Points
  • Super Fan 250
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Evolution Debut 250
Huh. That's kind of cool. And once every five years shouldn't be too hard to manage.

Devout Worshipper

Moral Gutpunch
Whole bunch 'o articles

Taking the pill every five years reduces the chances of womb cancer by 25% in women until menopause.

Scientists estimate the pill, along wit other benefits, has prevented 200,000 cases of womb cancer and 400,000 cases of endomitrial cancer, according to an Oxford study.

Interestingly enough it also causes liver cancer... So not really a win win.
Please read the actual facts about the risks of birth control here.
Asadachi
Moral Gutpunch
Whole bunch 'o articles

I used different sites and got that they prevent more than they cause.

Devout Worshipper

Moral Gutpunch
Asadachi
Moral Gutpunch
Whole bunch 'o articles

That is great, but this is a government website that I provided and it has a lot of information about birth control that women should know before taking the risk. No offense, but your information sounds like propaganda to sell more birth control. I felt anyone reading this deserved to know what birth control is truely capable of. I have a friend who just had half of her liver removed because of cancerous rumors caused by synthetic hormones in birth control.
Asadachi
Moral Gutpunch
Asadachi
Moral Gutpunch
Whole bunch 'o articles

That is great, but this is a government website that I provided and it has a lot of information about birth control that women should know before taking the risk. No offense, but your information sounds like propaganda to sell more birth control. I felt anyone reading this deserved to know what birth control is truely capable of. I have a friend who just had half of her liver removed because of cancerous rumors caused by synthetic hormones in birth control.

I checked a medical site. Your site doesn't indicate what happened to your friend would happen to many, let alone anyone. The site says the pill can lead to benign tumors, which aren't cancer. It says the connection between the pill and cancer (malignant tumors on your site) is unclear.

If a long list of articles from many news sources that total a longer bibliography is propaganda to you, you're reaching.

Devout Worshipper

Moral Gutpunch
Asadachi
Moral Gutpunch
Asadachi
Moral Gutpunch
Whole bunch 'o articles

I checked a medical site. Your site doesn't indicate what happened to your friend would happen to many, let alone anyone. The site says the pill can lead to benign tumors, which aren't cancer. It says the connection between the pill and cancer (malignant tumors on your site) is unclear.

If a long list of articles from many news sources that total a longer bibliography is propaganda to you, you're reaching.

Please don't patronize me stating you "news" sites are unsubjective when I provided a government web site under the jurisdiction of the surgeon general. You my dear at the one reaching and furthering propaganda for pharmaceutical companies.

Dedicated Student

Asadachi
Moral Gutpunch
Asadachi
Moral Gutpunch
Asadachi
Moral Gutpunch
Whole bunch 'o articles

Please don't patronize me stating you "news" sites are unsubjective when I provided a government web site under the jurisdiction of the surgeon general. You my dear at the one reaching and furthering propaganda for pharmaceutical companies.

I am confused though. It started out mentioning the two types of birth control that can be taken orally. Didn't even explain estrogen or progesterone differences in cancer. Doesn't even state that they pose the same risk. It also doesn't take into account vaginally and shot contraceptives either.

Devout Worshipper

Lupa Fangs
Asadachi
Moral Gutpunch
Asadachi
Moral Gutpunch

I am confused though. It started out mentioning the two types of birth control that can be taken orally. Didn't even explain estrogen or progesterone differences in cancer. Doesn't even state that they pose the same risk. It also doesn't take into account vaginally and shot contraceptives either.

That is because the study has only tested oral contraceptives. It concluded that the synthetic hormones used primarily through the the U.S. are what cause the tumors (benign or malignant) in question. It is best to talk with your doctor about the risks if you are taking birth control in any form and weather or not it is synthetic.

Dedicated Student

Asadachi
Lupa Fangs
Asadachi
Moral Gutpunch
Asadachi
Moral Gutpunch

That is because the study has only tested oral contraceptives. It concluded that the synthetic hormones used primarily through the the U.S. are what cause the tumors (benign or malignant) in question. It is best to talk with your doctor about the risks if you are taking birth control in any form and weather or not it is synthetic.

The oral contraceptives gets a pass, but why then did it not define how each kind of hormone reacted for cancer separately? It didn't even mention that the study was for them combined. Estrogen is a lot different than progesterone. It does prevent birth, but both of them react way different to the body. I ought to know. I've been through both types. I am currently on estrogen and I actually talked through everything with the doctor. I am at very low risk for any negative effects. If it does happen I guess I deal with it, but there are other things that people use all the time. Air fresheners and the like that cause cancer. So I mean....

Also, it's worth noting that it doesn't mention the rates at which people on birth control get each type of cancer even while not taking birth control. It also doesn't mention the survivability. Which is important when you are trying to pick through which cancer would be most harmful. I think cervical cancer is a big one with the lowest survivability rate. And birth control helps to prevent that. Buuuuuut don't quote me on that.

Devout Worshipper

Lupa Fangs
Asadachi
Lupa Fangs
Asadachi
Moral Gutpunch

The oral contraceptives gets a pass, but why then did it not define how each kind of hormone reacted for cancer separately? It didn't even mention that the study was for them combined. Estrogen is a lot different than progesterone. It does prevent birth, but both of them react way different to the body. I ought to know. I've been through both types. I am currently on estrogen and I actually talked through everything with the doctor. I am at very low risk for any negative effects. If it does happen I guess I deal with it, but there are other things that people use all the time. Air fresheners and the like that cause cancer. So I mean....

Also, it's worth noting that it doesn't mention the rates at which people on birth control get each type of cancer even while not taking birth control. It also doesn't mention the survivability. Which is important when you are trying to pick through which cancer would be most harmful. I think cervical cancer is a big one with the lowest survivability rate. And birth control helps to prevent that. Buuuuuut don't quote me on that.

Seeing as I am a man and not a woman you have me there. However, I just wanted to encourage making an informed decision and not following propaganda. There was a type of birth control available about six or seven years ago that leads to cervical cancer. Lota of drugs are released without a full battery of tests and after testing is completed years later it is too late for many.
Asadachi

Seeing as I am a man and not a woman you have me there. However, I just wanted to encourage making an informed decision and not following propaganda. There was a type of birth control available about six or seven years ago that leads to cervical cancer. Lota of drugs are released without a full battery of tests and after testing is completed years later it is too late for many.

I'll agree with you on this. Same with food, too.

Hot-Scotsman's Queen

Wealthy Lover

10,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Super Converter 100
yes its known to reduce certain internal cancers but increases others like breast cancer..
i been on the pill 15 years now, it doesnt seem to have any bad side effects. people complain about weight gain but its hard to tell cos i eat so much.. xp
So, we have this pill that regulates hormonal imbalances, reduces cancer risks, treats PMS, and even helps make your skin smooth.

And people don't want this covered by insurance because women might use it to have sex without risk of pregnancy...

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
The Raging Quaker
So, we have this pill that regulates hormonal imbalances, reduces cancer risks, treats PMS, and even helps make your skin smooth.

And people don't want this covered by insurance because women might use it to have sex without risk of pregnancy...

'Murica.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces