Welcome to Gaia! ::

Seeker

Takarashi
Nekomimik
For now I think I'll leave the origin of the names of the Pillar as a mystery. One little tidbit I will say is that the Pillars predate even the Transcendants. ♪

Ah, thanks for scratching down the names. I don't expect people to do the work of the thread for me, so don't fret about that. I'm more interested in the players taking an active role in building the world how they see it. And I don't quite understand what you mean about 'noticing how you named the Pillars' - do you mean a pattern? Because I do see the spiral shape you made.

Ah sorry. I typed that out with little food in my stomach so sorry if it didn't make much of sense but yes~ I made it spiral shaped and I had the idea of Alpha and Omega in my head; "The end of the beginning or the beginning at the end". Like they started out at Beacon's Pillar, Zulen and at Yanol currently with the final place for them to visit being Alphes as its certainly the most farthest Pillar of all.

Anyway~ I really don't mind doing a bit of work since I can't contribute much on the world building right now. I still haven't gotten any inspirations that really sets my thoughts going for this rp for now at least. And seriously, that little tidbit makes things more mysterious if you ask me. Makes me wonder when the Pillars actually originated and other stuff like there was already another civilization in Irage before the ones at Beacon but something happened to it. There's a lot of stuff which will be fun to explore and Izzy will be pretty nose-deep in her home's archives in solving the origins.

Also, its been stated that the most advanced weapon so far are semi-automatic handguns meaning are there bolt-action sniper rifles around or something like muskets? Might be something Izzy gets later on or another character I had in mind will have if I decide to make her (prolly not as she's pretty much like Izzy). That and the currency used by the people and is barter trade still viable right now?

I image Beacon being a mix and match of something in between the contemporary age and the eighties or nineties if its how I visualized it.

Lightbringer

Nekomimik
Every question will most likely be answered the further we get. When I do RPs, I have a habit of making set pieces and general concepts that aren't necessarily sensible/linked at the time, and as I get further I find ways to tie them together. But I have enough of an idea of what I want to do to make sure that everything has a purpose.

Yep, there are things like bolt-action rifles, and Irage does have a currency system (though people still barter for simplicity for small matters, usually outside of any established businesses). Bear in mind that firearms are the most heavily regulated, and thereby expensive, weapons in Irage, given that they're the most advanced/effective. Irage's general technology hasn't quite reached the level of an automatic assembly line so everything is crafted by hand as well.

The way I think of Irage is a place from the very early 1900's, with bits stolen from the future as researchers get lucky in understanding/reverse-engineering Pillar technology. One day they might discover a very advanced energy-based weapons system, and the next they might figure out how to make a swivel chair. It's a very chaotic system of 'try anything and see what happens', which is why the research division is so vital to Irage.

Seeker

Takarashi
Nekomimik
Every question will most likely be answered the further we get. When I do RPs, I have a habit of making set pieces and general concepts that aren't necessarily sensible/linked at the time, and as I get further I find ways to tie them together. But I have enough of an idea of what I want to do to make sure that everything has a purpose.

Yep, there are things like bolt-action rifles, and Irage does have a currency system (though people still barter for simplicity for small matters, usually outside of any established businesses). Bear in mind that firearms are the most heavily regulated, and thereby expensive, weapons in Irage, given that they're the most advanced/effective. Irage's general technology hasn't quite reached the level of an automatic assembly line so everything is crafted by hand as well.

The way I think of Irage is a place from the very early 1900's, with bits stolen from the future as researchers get lucky in understanding/reverse-engineering Pillar technology. One day they might discover a very advanced energy-based weapons system, and the next they might figure out how to make a swivel chair. It's a very chaotic system of 'try anything and see what happens', which is why the research division is so vital to Irage.

Now I can't wait for everything to fall into pieces cat_whee that style of completing the story is really nice and one of the ones I love, especially when its tied up nicely at the end.

I would like to know what currency they use as it will be something valuable as we go on. I pretty much saw how firearms are handmade really with how its expensive and still no automatic counterparts; how little number of firearms are available. I'll say that why its expensive is due to the craftsmanship poured into making one single gun and same with the bullets. Izzy's handguns are from her mentor who had a knack for making weapons like Izzy's cane or Cal's weapon. She had written several blueprints and loves to make her own stuff because of distrust of others works and if it backfires, she's the only one to blame. Heck she had her own workshop under the house. Izzy's sniper rifle is actully an unfinished project of her mentor which she finished later.

And I see.... my image of Irage isn't far as I though but it does clarify stuff for me. Energy-based weaponry will likely be later I guess, considering the rp continues for years. Izzy and Clif might get invited later there if they find anything pretty valuable later. Oh.... speaking of tech..... where's the orb now???

Lightbringer

Nekomimik
You mean the name of the currency? I'll call it Marks.

I may change my mind, but for now I'd like to keep energy-based weapons exclusive to traps/sentinels, since that's meant to be their one-up on explorers. And you mean Amie's orb? She still has it, in the event that Rainbow can come back. It's not a vital piece to the story, it's just a useful, sort-of mystical tool that I wanted to give out. I like it when characters have relatively simple items and find creative ways to use them.

Seeker

Takarashi
Nekomimik
You mean the name of the currency? I'll call it Marks.

I may change my mind, but for now I'd like to keep energy-based weapons exclusive to traps/sentinels, since that's meant to be their one-up on explorers. And you mean Amie's orb? She still has it, in the event that Rainbow can come back. It's not a vital piece to the story, it's just a useful, sort-of mystical tool that I wanted to give out. I like it when characters have relatively simple items and find creative ways to use them.

Why do I feel there will be a lot of puns if there's someone named Mark? xD

True, the sentinels/traps are really scary when you only have medieval weaponry and little guns against them. It makes the Pillar dangerous as they should be and give it a lot of thrill as well. And yes, Amie's orb and I understand. Now makes me wonder what Izzy gets later nyaa~

Lightbringer

Nekomimik
Now makes me wonder what Izzy gets later nyaa~
You'll find out sooner than later!

Seeker

Takarashi
Nekomimik
Now makes me wonder what Izzy gets later nyaa~
You'll find out sooner than later!

Wee~ now I can't wait when I wake up later and its 3:10 am over here.

The Explorers' Associatation is made to gather jobs requested my the people for the Explorers, right? Well.... I see it like a guild thing that requires an official Explorer signed up there and the jobs are posted on a giant board. The Explorers are divided into ranks from E to S, advancing a rank with every job they do, difficulty of the job and how much they're sought out as well. They also able to turn on any tech they find there at the Association's building for money or some stuff like weaponry or benefits.

I also see there could be an underground version of it that deals with jobs related with getting dirty as well. And while those jobs have high pay, getting caught in actually taking those jobs not only gets you kicked out of the Association but also jailed depending on what you've done if proven.

So the city is likely to have a policing force but how does that work? Who does the police work for and how deep is the corruption is in the city? There are thugs and gangs around, drugs might be a thing so forth. The darker sidr of the city which Izzy knows.

Lightbringer

Nekomimik
There would certainly be a structure and inside politics for the explorer's union, but I'm not entirely certain if there would be a ranking system. The 'best' explorers would be gauged by the fact that they're still alive and how well they've come to understand the variety of traps and sentinels, not so much by how many things they find in my opinion. There's not much rhyme or reason to where and what pieces of technology a person finds, they just grab things lying around, or take them from destroyed hostilities.

Yeah, Beacon certainly has a crime ring, and there's a market for various devices, materials, weapons, etc. Greed and power-lust are by no means foreign to this universe!

I think a division of the explorer's union would handle policing the city, given that they're the most trained individuals in combat. There's enough crime in the city to warrant having a police force handy, I can say that much. I imagine that there would be some common things like drugs and prostitution for keeping money moving, but I think the biggest commodity would be new technology. Most things that are found in the pillars get handed over to the research division for them to experiment with and decide whether it's safe/practical to use, or if it's something really important/secret that needs to be hidden. Crime lords would love to get their hands on things like that, since they can either use it to make their little gangs stronger, or they can sell it to certain companies for more profit and first dibs on whatever they produce from the technology. Things like that.

heard y'all talkin sh-t

nah jk
            i popped back in to check on the rp
            /and other rps i was in

Seeker

Takarashi
Nekomimik
There would certainly be a structure and inside politics for the explorer's union, but I'm not entirely certain if there would be a ranking system. The 'best' explorers would be gauged by the fact that they're still alive and how well they've come to understand the variety of traps and sentinels, not so much by how many things they find in my opinion. There's not much rhyme or reason to where and what pieces of technology a person finds, they just grab things lying around, or take them from destroyed hostilities.

Yeah, Beacon certainly has a crime ring, and there's a market for various devices, materials, weapons, etc. Greed and power-lust are by no means foreign to this universe!

I think a division of the explorer's union would handle policing the city, given that they're the most trained individuals in combat. There's enough crime in the city to warrant having a police force handy, I can say that much. I imagine that there would be some common things like drugs and prostitution for keeping money moving, but I think the biggest commodity would be new technology. Most things that are found in the pillars get handed over to the research division for them to experiment with and decide whether it's safe/practical to use, or if it's something really important/secret that needs to be hidden. Crime lords would love to get their hands on things like that, since they can either use it to make their little gangs stronger, or they can sell it to certain companies for more profit and first dibs on whatever they produce from the technology. Things like that.

Understandable and I was just going with a random idea and how these kinds of groups have a ranking system xDDD I guess that makes Izzy somewhere from the mediocre ones to one of the best?

Lmao! Good to know or I'll seriously scream how there's no crime unless there's some kind of device that sub-consciously tampered with people, imprinting that crimes shouldn't happen = w = Hmmm~ and that info is certainly helpful. It gives me ideas later for some plots but don't have any inspirations yet or anything remarkable. I'll pm you if I got something though.

Lightbringer

Lightbringer

Seeker

Seeker

Takarashi

So what happens with Lyla (he real body) is left for later?

Lightbringer

Nekomimik
Yes. I'm debating if I want to leave it for the end of the story or have her physical body's importance come up sooner, perhaps multiple times. Regardless, I'll be dropping hints about her the further we go. There's already been one if you're a keen observer~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff