Welcome to Gaia! ::

OG Cardholder

Liam Eschert
{Location}xBeacon's Pillar: Undergroundxxx{Company}xWhole GroupAmie & Clif

Liam always took his brothers word with utmost seriousness. If there was anyone who wouldn't mince words, it was Toma. He listened and nodded his agreement to everything that Toma said. "More security is a definite necessity, now." The tower as the people of Beacon knew it was gone, and both brothers knew it. With access to the deep tunnels in the middle of the city, there was serious danger of sentinels finding their way to populated areas of the tower and wreaking havoc. The consequences of taking the current situation lightly would be very dire. Hopefully the research division would see it that way, and not as an excuse to send a host of scientists to die at the hands of the technology that was sleeping beneath them. "And my findings aren't really all that impressive. I was just wandering the lowest level–what was the lowest level, anyway–and I saw a small socket that looked like it was on. I tried using the Tizona with it, and the whole wall receded into the floor. That's when I came running and found you here."

In consideration of his brother, Liam tried not to frown to much as he continued. "As for your the riot this is going to cause between the Explorer's Union and the Beacon Research Society, I'll let you handle the politics." He sighed, slumped over and crossed his arms. More than anything, Liam wanted to go explore the newly opened area before anyone else could. Being first was always the best, or so he thought. His brow furrowed, then, with another sigh of resignation, stood back up, gave a hearty salute and a chipper smile, looked at his older brother and declared, "but I'll do my what I can to stay abreast of the situation."

With arms back at his side, Liam began walking towards the crowd that was headed up to the surface. As he passed by where the tour had been standing, his head reverberated with words that weren't his own. "The surface... back of the Pillar... please, hurry..." The noise was almost deafening, and the shock of it caused him to reel. Liam looked to his brother, who was directing the crowd back in the direction they had come. "Toma, did you–" No, he thought, I shouldn't bother him with this. He looked around to see if anyone else was reacting to the voice, and spotted two people, a boy and a girl, who had looked as if they might have heard it as well. He decided to get closer to find out, and managed to catch a bit of their conversation.

"Did you hear it too? Someone... whispering to you?" A whisper? The idea seemed incredulous to Liam. That was most certainly a shout! He pushed his was past the tourists separating him from the two young-looking individuals, mumbling to each of them as he passed, "Excuse me, pardon me, sorry." He smiled, hoping it would placate them, and allow him to get through. I wonder if I heard it louder because I've been down here for so long... A look of concern spread across his face, and he lifted his shirt to smell himself.

That's *cough* not as bad as it could be.

Once within arms reach of the couple, he spoke up. "Excuse me," Liam said, reaching for the boy's shoulder, "but you didn't happen to hear a voice call out, did you?" He sincerely hoped he wasn't just going loopy from all the time he spent underground.

Takarashi
rainbowzcolor
User Image

▐ ░░xAM I ExxVY

my mind was touched by the g✦l✦xies and built from the burning st★rs

( company ) : farmboy + idk (clif & liam)xx( location ) : beacon - beacon's pillar xx( ooc ) : boop

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amie felt herself melt away in the crowd, left to wonder who or what had just whispered to her. Please tell me someone else heard that. She prayed silently, letting her eyes wander the crowds. "Hey." She blinked at the sudden voice but payed no attention to it. "Hey, Amie!" She flinched. Am I hallucinating or something? She glanced around before her eyes landed on the farm boy from earlier.

"Hey, Clif?" Amie greeted awkwardly, watching the flustered male pad along beside her. "Huh? Wait. You mean.. You heard it too?" She inquired, her lavender eyes dilating in surprise. Well, at least someone else heard it. "What do you think it means? 'The surface back of the Pillar', huh? She paused and stifled a shaky laugh. You don't think it's being.. serious, right?" She asked, her voice shook a little as she spoke. It was just so.. Odd. Amie couldn't believe it. Maybe it's just her mind playing tricks on her. But if it was that, then how come Clif heard it too? What if other people heard it? Amie pouted and reached out, clinging onto his shirt so she wouldn't lose him in the crowds. Just in case.

"Excuse me," Amie flashed a dubious look at the stranger that joined the group. More names to remember? "But you didn't happen to hear a voice call out, did you?" She sheepishly cleared her throat.

"Don't tell me you heard it too.." Amie pouted, glancing around. "I feel like everyone heard it.." She muttered.

Takarashi

GeriatricWordmonger

Lightbringer

Clif Ardal

So it was real! Clif did his best to maintain his composure. Neither Toma nor Professor Doan made any mention of it, though, and the majority of the crowd didn't seem to be paying anything any mind. How could that be? "I don't know what it means, but this can't be a coincidence. I'm going to check it out. You in?" He asked. While waiting for her to respond, Clif noticed that someone else was sifting through the crowd... and coming right for them. He must have been talking too loudly, or so he thought, until the newcomer made mention of the disembodied voice as well. Now he had to see what this was all about. "I think we're the only ones that heard it." He responded to the older man, while casting a glance around for anyone else that looked rattled. "But what's at the back of the Pillar? And above ground?"

rainbowzcolor
GeriatricWordmonger

OG Cardholder

Liam Eschert
{Location}xBeacon's Pillar: Undergroundxxx{Company}xAmie & Clif

Both of the people Liam had caught up to seemed to have heard the voice. While none of the trio understood what it all meant, the two in front of him appeared willing to look into this strange occurrence. Eager, even. "Don't tell me you heard it too.." The girl had started to pout at the prospect. "I did hear it too," Liam said, looking to the girl. She was young, more than he'd expected, but the bow she had strung across her back and the callouses on her fingers were signs that her appearance belied her ability. An explorer in training, perhaps? He wondered what her parents thought of her (assumed) dreams. "But I don't think many people did. There'd be a lot more of people looking as confused as I'm certain we all do."

"I don't know what it means, but this can't be a coincidence. I'm going to check it out. You in?" The boy had spoken to the girl just before Liam's arrival, but it felt appropriate to respond. He eyed the young man, but the boy was a little bit harder to place. He was fit, if a little on the small side, and looked to be at least a bit older than his companion. The boy's hands were calloused, too, but more so and in a different way than the girl's were. His clothes were dingier than the girl's, his hair was messy, and his eyes had a fire in them that looked ripe for adventure. Regardless of where he's from, thought Liam, with eyes like that he'll do just fine down here. Liam smirked, and chuckled internally. With a bit of guidance, maybe.

"I'm in, if you'll have me," he said to the young man. It was at this point that Liam realized that he hadn't introduced himself. If these were to be his companions in this latest journey into the mysteries of Irage, he'd like to know their names. "I'm Liam, by the way. Liam Eschert. And if I might ask your names?" He smiled, excited at the prospect of having people to talk with. It'd been a long time since anyone other than Toma had been inside the Pillars with him.

This is gonna be fun.

Takarashi
rainbowzcolor
User Image

▐ ░░xAM I ExxVY

( company ) : farm boy + maybe murderer (clif & liam)xx( location ) : beacon - beacon's pillar xx( ooc ) : && im back

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amie's lavender eyes dilated in horror. "A-Are you crazy?!" She squeaked, shaking her head. "What if there is some murder back there?" She asked, her voice shaky. She pouted and clung on tighter to Clif's shirt. "You could die if you go.." She sighed. "But I'll go with you.." Amie muttered, her heart heavy. Just the prospect of death got her heart racing. She didn't want to die out there. But hey, maybe she could make it out alive?

"But I don't think many people did. There'd be a lot more of people looking as confused as I'm certain we all do." Amie nodded silently in agreement, watching the new member of the group. He sounded exactly like the guy who was howlin' about the Pillar.. Wait. She stared at him, drinking in his details. Bright blond hair, ruby red eyes and clothes that looked.. Quite dirty. The familiar color of hair struck her though. It could just be a coincidence. Amie shrugged it off, listening to the soft footsteps disappearing back above ground. Ghosting shivers rushed down her spine, causing her to shuffle uncomfortably on her feet. They won't find us.. "I'm in, if you'll have me," Amie let out a soft breath that she'd been holding in. At least we have some sort of adult with us.

Amie suppressed a roll of her lavender eyes. Yup. Looks like i'm gonna have to remember more names. "I'm Amie. It's nice to meet you, Liam." She introduced herself politely, flashing him a shy smile. Her fingers continued to toy idly with the fabric between her fingers which came from Clif's shirt. You can never be too safe.

Takarashi

GeriatricWordmonger

Lightbringer

Clif Ardal

"I doubt whatever's waiting there is gonna hurt us. The voice, it sounded like... it needed help. Like it was hurt, or scared." He replied to Amie. Admittedly, that's what Clif wanted to believe. Seeing the girl in the beam of light, and then the voice, it seemed like it made sense, right? But then, Pillars have always been the main source of danger in Irage... "No. I've made up my mind. I'm not going to bail on this." He internally scolded himself, then gave his head a shake to clear it of the unnecessary thoughts.

"Yeah, I don't mind. I'm Clif. Er, Ardal." The young man replied to Liam, along with a nod of acceptance. "Wait, Eschert? As in...? Ah, whatever." The guy could be named Bip Bop for all it mattered. "Whatever's back there, it wants all of us there for a reason... I think." If nothing else, having someone experienced among them would be comforting, based on the fact that Liam had already been in the tunnels apparently.

The walk back up was rather uneventful, which didn't go unappreciated by Clif. One inexplicable event at a time was fine with him. The crowd dispersed with more confusion than disappointment, but more than likely the rumors would be spread throughout the city by nightfall of what they had seen in the depths of the Pillar. With Toma and the Professor busy with their own duties, and away from all other prying eyes, the small group made their way around the circumference of the tower. Because it was so massive, it took them ten minutes just to walk from one side to the other. The rear of the building was by no means off limits, but it was apparently quite deserted. The buildings and the signs all faced away from it, leaving the trio as alone as they could be. Now that they were here, though, there wasn't much in the ways of instruction. What were they supposed to do back here? It looked to be barren, and quite dirty for that matter. Years of dust and who knows what else caked the based of the Pillar. The party spread out and began scanning the structure, looking for any sign of importance. Several more minutes passed in relative silence as they ran their eyes and fingers along the Pillar, until someone came across a rather peculiar symbol beneath the layers of dirt...

User Image

Bringing the attention of the others, the group crowded around the strange symbol. After a moment's hesitation, one of them reached out to touch it from sheer curiosity. As their finger grazed the surface of the etching, it emitted a soft glow. Then the light grew more intense, more and more, until the light was great and blinding. At the peak of its brilliance, it seemed as though everything had ceased. Sound, scent, sight, sapidity, sense... and then, like a lightning strike, it all returned. The trio found themselves standing in a vast, empty expanse. The only other being in this great void was the very same sight from the Pillar - the sleeping girl, hovering in place. "... At last. You are finally here." Her lips did not move, nor did any of her body for that matter, but her voice rang true in the endless space. Her eyes remained closed.

rainbowzcolor
GeriatricWordmonger
User Image

▐ ░░xAM I ExxVY

( company ) : clif, liam & ghost girl (maybe the calling)xx( location ) : probably beacon - space?? xx( ooc ) : srry i made liam touch the symbol but aye uh amie found it ;-;

Amie stifled a laugh. You think? Whatever you say.. She thought, suddenly feeling a pang of regret in her heart. The walk back was just awful. It was so silent. The only comforting noise she heard were the soft pads and taps of their shoes against the ground but even then it wasn't enough to calm her down. Suddenly, the feeling of fabric between her fingers wasn't so comforting either. Ten- maybe more - painful minutes of awkward silence. Great.

Amie's gaze tore away from Clif's back and over her shoulder. Yup. Still there.. She thought, relieved that Liam hadn't disappeared into oblivion. But right when she was about to turn back, she bumped right into the farm boy. Are we there? She wondered, letting go of his shirt and taking a side step. She was somewhat relieved to see the back of the Pillar in view. But the place was so.. Empty. Just looking at this empty wasteland sent uncomfortable shivers down Amie's spine. She idly crept away from the group, padding around to search for some sort of sign that meant that they were supposed to be here. Just in case someone isn't good with directions.. She thought, continuing along through the dirt.

The young female soon decided to dig around in the dirt with her shoes, patting each spot cautiously as if expecting a demon to come out. It was a bad idea to wear a dress.. She thought with a sigh, poking around in the dirt. She found something. Something.. Strange. "Hey, guys. I think I found something." Amie's voice broke the silence and instantly, the boys came to her side, looking down at where her foot was pointing towards. She pulled her foot back, making sure they could get a better look of what she found. It looked like some sort of eye symbol with wavey things. She was about to reluctantly squat down and touch it but Liam beat her to it. She watched as the symbol started glowing against his touch, almost as if he were the chosen one. But the way it glowed.. It was just so mesmerizing. Amie was expecting it to explode, not glow elegantly! She couldn't bear to look away but eventually the light became so bright that she forced herself to shut her eyes.

It came in a wave; Amie felt everything wash away from her. She heard silence, she felt numb, she saw nothing, she couldn't taste anything, everything was gone. She felt so powerless during those few seconds. But she was relieved when it all returned. Am I.. Dead? She wondered, peeling open her dilated lavender eyes. Well, maybe. She was greeted by what seemed like an empty room with Clif and Liam standing right beside her. It didn't take long to spot the familiar ghostly outlines of a girl. Hey.. Isn't that what everyone saw back in the Pillar? She wondered, watching intently as the girl just floated in front of them. "... At last. You are finally here." The familiar voice sent shivers down Amie's spine. Don't tell me..

"Are you.. The Calling?"

Takarashi

GeriatricWordmonger

OG Cardholder

Liam Eschert
{Location}xBeacon's Pillar: Underground Beacon: Pillar Rear xxx{Company}xAmie & Clif

Amie and Clif, eh? Liam mulled over his new companions as they traveled out of the tower. Strange as the circumstances were that they met under, if they'd heard whatever that voice was, he knew they would be reliable in the trials ahead. Trials he was certain they would face. Fortunately the walk up to the surface was as uneventful as they minutes leading up to the group's meeting was eventful, which gave Liam plenty of time to think. He ran over what he knew of the situation. I opened up the lower tunnels in the tower, then came up to find Toma. It was lucky that he was on the tour when the light showed up. The thought jarred him. A tour? They'd never done one before. Why now? What luck was it that everything happened so perfectly? Was it really luck?

By the time he'd gone off into his own world they'd arrived at the back of the Pillar. Even in his reverie, Liam had noticed the accumulation of dust that had been kicked up into the air by the three companions. He looked up to see the dismal landscape that lay in front of them. There was very little light here, apart from the stars above and the distant splash of the streetlamps on the other side of the Pillar, which was not particularly conducive to searching. The layers of dirt and dust and innumerable unmentionables were caked onto the pavement and up onto the back of the Pillar. All in all, it seemed like no one had been back here in years, but Liam knew that couldn't be the case.

As everyone spread out to start looking for something, anything, that could point them in the right direction, he took a moment to let the wind move through him. Having been in to tunnels so long, the idea of such fresh air, such a calm breeze and the beauty of the heavens stretched out above him was a wonderful welcome back to the surface. Not that Liam disliked being underground, but there was nothing quite like coming back up after being under for a long time. It was like being freed from the confines of the past he was always digging through, if only for a moment. He began to search around, but had very little luck, until Amie called out.

"Hey, guys. I think I found something." She called out, and both Liam and Clif went running. When everyone had gathered, Amie moved her foot, which had been covering a symbol carved into the ground, but had been since covered by years of filth. It appeared as an eye, with a few jagged flourishes, coldly gazing into the sky. Or, more precisely, into the faces of the three hovering over it. The eye felt almost oddly familiar to Liam, as though he'd seen it somewhere. That cant be the case though, he thought, but the feeling nagged at him.

Amie had bent down by this point and was reaching out to touch the eye, but Liam's hand beat her to it, much to his own surprise. He hadn't felt the movement, and certainly had thought about touching it. Not consciously, at any rate. Still, his hand was there, and the grooves felt smooth beneath his fingertips. And then all of the feeling in his body was gone. A great, blinding light filled his vision, and an incredible hum drowned out his hearing. He soon realized that all of his senses had left him, and he felt as though he was floating, without a body, in a endless void. Soon, though, everything came rushing back to him. What awaited his senses was still more than he could immediately process, however.

The room that the companions found themselves in was completely white, as far as anyone could see. There was no distinction between any sort of floor, ceiling or walls of any kind. Just pure, brilliant white. However, directly in front of the trio sat the girl from the Pillar. Still in her chair, still motionless, and appearing as though no time had passed from when they'd seen her over an hour prior. Liam couldn't believe what he was seeing. It stunned his brain into total silence, but only for a moment, as a loud voice rang throughout the space. "... At last. You are finally here." The voice clearly belonged to the girl, and was the same as the one he'd heard in the Pillar earlier. She hadn't moved to speak, in any discernible fashion. Her lips and eyes remained closed, and her body as still as death, yet she spoke with clarity and great force.

"Are you.. The Calling?" Amie's voice broke the silence that had followed the strange reverberation. He'd been so overwhelmed that the thought hadn't even crossed his mind. Could it really be? Had they found her? No way... No... No no no... Liam sputtered, still trying to process. After all that work, she simply showed up? It couldn't be. He too a moment to compose himself, and then stepped forward towards the girl. Regardless of who she was, this opportunity wouldn't be coming around again. He was certain.

Who are you, and why are we here? If she could answer these questions, Liam would be satisfied.

Takarashi
rainbowzcolor

Lightbringer

Clif Ardal

Clif, as always, had been rather quiet through this venture so far. Partly from his social ineptitude, and partly from trying to keep a grasp on all the strange happenings that had occurred within the last few hours. Meeting Toma, exploring the Pillar, seeing the strange girl, and now standing in this strange, empty space, save for his companions and the young woman of note, any one of these would have been enough excitement for one lifetime as far as the farmhand was concerned. It was almost as if this was somehow being orchestrated, like someone wanted all of these important events to occur. But why? He stood idly by, dumbfounded, while Amie and Liam, who clearly had more of their wits about them, asked the girl some questions.

"The Calling... I know what it is you speak of, but whether that is what I really am, I do not know. I do know that I am the one that you were all fated to meet." The disembodied voice first said to Amie. "I am... something. At one point, I believe I was the girl you see before you. These long years have made me into a separate entity, and yet I am still entwined with her. Her thoughts, her feelings, her hopes and fears, everything. Her name is Lyla. If you wish, you could call me that, too." The voice seemed to take a 'breath.' Though Lyla sounded much clearer her, it seemed that she remained as weak as she had been when she had first called to the group. With the state of the body before them, there was little question as to why. "Forgive me. It is difficult to speak. I have not done so for so long, and I have little strength. But I will explain what I can. I'm afraid our time, for now, is short." Another long breath. "You are here because you were always meant to come here. You are beings known as Empaths. You have an intuition and connection to this island like no one else. I am afraid it would take too long to explain everything about it." Lyla coughed. The body before them visibly twitched. "Oooh... I need to tell you about the Pillars... The reason they are guarded by the Sentinels is because of what sleeps within them. The Transcendants. Twenty-two of these entities exist, and collectively they hold the truth to... everything. The past, present, and future. They will only respond to you, Emapths, but most will not submit what they know freely. They will find ways to test you to ensure that you are ready for what they will share with you." Another series of coughs. "That is all that is necessary for you to know, with the time that we have. But now I need to ask something of you." From thin air, a few plain, padded chairs appeared before the small group. "I need to know about who you, personally, are. Please, make yourselves comfortable and do not be afraid, but be brief. I realize this is a strange and difficult request, but it is of the utmost importance."

Silence. Lyla waited patiently.

rainbowzcolor
GeriatricWordmonger
User Image

▐ ░░xAM I ExxVY

( company ) : clif, liam & lylaxx( location ) : probably beacon - space?? xx( ooc ) : back to business + i tried i rlly did

Amie blinked. When she first heard the girl's response, she was confused. You don't know? "I am... something. At one point, I believe I was the girl you see before you. These long years have made me into a separate entity, and yet I am still entwined with her. Her thoughts, her feelings, her hopes and fears, everything. Her name is Lyla. If you wish, you could call me that, too." Lyla it is. She thought, nodding and engraving the name in her mind. She listened to Lyla's spiel about how they were Empaths, why the Sentinels guard the Pillars and the Transcendants that sleep within them.

Amie's mind was swimming with thoughts. It was all so much to take in! All in so little time. If only time could go slower.. She shook her head and looked back up, her gaze sweeping across the padded chairs that appeared in front of them. "I need to know about who you, personally, are. Please, make yourselves comfortable and do not be afraid, but be brief. I realize this is a strange and difficult request, but it is of the utmost importance." She froze in place. She was a little reluctant to just plop down onto one of the chairs and spill out her life story right then and there, especially in front of two people she hardly knew. No, wait, make that three. But since she didn't want to seem like a chicken, she casually padded forward and plopped down on the chair. She flinched at the texture. It looks soft and comfy but it's like sitting on needles! She thought bitterly, shifting around on the chair so she was criss-crossed.

"Well, I guess I'm going first." Amie muttered, a terrible feeling resided in her stomach. "I'm Amie Vy and i'm seventeen. Uhm.. I like.. Cats?" She shook her head. "Er.." She awkwardly paused again and twiddled her thumbs. "I'm paranoid so.. That's why i'm acting a little weird right now. Uh.. Well, let's see.." She shut her eyes and took a deep breath. Annnd I've got nothing. Maybe? "I used to be greedy and that's because my parents gave me whatever I wanted when I was little. But now I consider myself to be a generous person. I don't really like it when people give me stuff 'cause it makes me feel like I'm gonna turn into my old self again. Hmm.. I'm kinda shy so I'm not very good with talking to people." She paused. "I'm afraid of the water because I don't know how to swim.. I'm also afraid of fire." She admitted sheepishly, clearing her throat. "I'm good with climbin' stuff though. And I'm good as using my bow and arrow. I'm kinda training to become an explorer so.. Yeah. Uh, I think I'm a loving person. But maybe a little bit too loving. I always put people's needs before my own and I guess that might be a bad thing for my health." She drawled, opening her eyes. "And I don't really know what else to say." She admitted, looking down at her hands.

Amie let out a nervous sigh. Maybe I took too long? Or I didn't say enough about myself? Or maybe I said too much? She rubbed the sides of her face, trying to calm herself down. No, no, you did fine, Amie.. Just calm down. She thought, her eyes staring at the endless ground. Wait. She held out her hand and noticed that she was trembling. Was I doing that the whole time? She mentally slapped herself across the face. I'm doomed!

Takarashi

GeriatricWordmonger

Lightbringer

((Lost this post because I edited over it, ffs.))
User Image

▐ ░░xAM I ExxVY

( company ) : clif & liam xx( location ) : o yeah this is def beacon (beacon - pillar) xx( ooc ) : sorry this is sorta short lol

Amie suppressed a pout, clenching her hands into little fists. Damn you. She thought, her lavender eyes burning holes into her legs. She already knew that envy and greed was going to get the best of her today. Her gaze shifted back up just in time to see a small orb appear in front of her, causing her to soften her eyes. "Should you ever find yourself without direction, use this to find your way once more. May it be your brightest light in your darkest hour." She resisted the urge to reach out and immediately latch onto the thing. Instead, she forced herself to lean back and admired the orb and the golden glow that radiated off of it. "Our time is at an end. They are taking her, I can feel it. I will return you to your place of origin - Empaths, I wish you the best of luck. Believe in each other, and in yourselves. I promise we will meet again. Goodbye... for now." She was about to wave goodbye but it was too late. Another intense flash of light ruined her sight for a few moments before she regained her ability to see.

In her hands was the same small orb, glowing beautifully in the seemingly dull lighting of the sun shining above. "Well," She paused awkwardly and held up the orb, "Damn." She said, running her fingers along the sleek surface. She hummed and held it close to her, her eyes flickering between Liam and Clif. "Now what do we do?" Amie asked, breaking the silence that emitted from the two.

Takarashi

GeriatricWordmonger

Lightbringer

Clif Ardal
Location: Back of Beacon's Pillar | Company: Amie -> Amie, Kara

Clif blinked his eyes a few time as they readjusted to the (somewhat) familiar surroundings. Going from dark to light and back again was really messing with his vision. Hopefully he wouldn't be doing anymore inexplicable spacial shifts. He looked down at his hands, which carefully clutched the mirror. He could see his own vivid reflection and the the clear night sky above him, with the moon and stars casting their pale glow across the island. If anything was certain about today, it was definitely that all of this was real. Clif exhaled slowly and quietly, then tucked his mirror into his pocket.

He glanced to Amie when she started speaking. "We have to go to the Pillars, and find the Transcendents." He stated determinedly. "But I don't know which one we're supposed to go to first, or what to bring... or how we're ever going to get past the Sentinels..." His voice began to deflate as the reality of the situation started to weigh on him. Clif himself was a simple boy that had swung a stick at scarecrows when he was bored - how was he in any way meant to survive against relentless killing machines? He briefly thought about going to the Explorer's Union to ask for help, but quickly realized that it was probably a bad idea, or at least a useless one. The young man had a feeling that only Empaths, whatever they were supposed to be, were the only ones capable of undertaking this task. Plus, if they revealed what they had learned to the Explorer's Union, they might detain them for questioning, or worse, some sort of studying. They didn't have time to lose like that. "I think... we need more information. Something to help get us started. Stuff about the Pillars, or maybe Empaths if there's anything. The library would be closed by now, though. Hrm." The young man folded his arms as he thought about what they could possibly do. His eyes then darted to a nearby alley as he heard a metal can get knocked over.

A few feet away, peering out from the alleyway's entrance, a young girl had apparently been eavesdropping. "s**t!" She hissed as she noticed that she kicked the can, then quickly clasped a hand over her mouth. It was too late, though, because she had already locked eyes with Clif. It was Kara.

rainbowzcolor
User Image

▐ ░░xAM I ExxVY

( company ) : clif xx( location ) : beacon - back of the pillar xx( ooc ) : lmao amie doesn't like kara

Amie drummed her fingers idly along the orb, her eyes locked on it. She quickly thought about using it but then stopped herself. She didn't even know how to use it and she didn't want to waste her time finding out that it wouldn't work in a situation like this. She was certain it wouldn't work at a time like this. Or would it? She wondered, finally breaking eye contact with it and returned to looking at Clif. She listened as he went over their options which unfortunately weren't many.

She pouted and slipped the orb into the pocket of her dress, thinking that it was probably a bad idea to wear one at a time like this. She let out an exasperated sigh, wondering who could and who would help them. Her mind instantly thought of Vanessa but then she stopped herself from blurting it out. What would Vanessa do to help them? She'd been in a pillar before but how could she help? All she could do was train them and point them to some random direction, saying that there's bound to be one around there. That's what she always told her. She told her that she was wandering around and she just so happened to come across one. Nothing special at all.

Her wild thoughts were interrupted when a metal can was kicked followed by a hiss. The owner of the voice sounded familiar.. Amie turned to look in the direction of where the sound came from, only to find Kara standing there with a hand over her mouth. Amie felt like throwing a snide comment in her direction but now wasn't the time to argue with the mayor's daughter. "Uhm, hi." She greeted, narrowing her lavender eyes in Kara's direction. "So, uh," She paused awkwardly, reluctant to even speak to her. "why are you spying on us in an alleyway?"

Takarashi

Lightbringer

Clif Ardal

For a brief moment, a hush had overcome the small gathering, with all eyes on one another. What would Kara do? What had she seen? Why and how was she even here, for that matter? Clif's body tensed. If she somehow understood what was going on and she ran to tell someone, that might put an immediate end to their adventure.
    Kara lowered her hand and, thankfully, took a few small steps closer. It seemed she wouldn't be ratting them out. Not yet, anyway. "I followed you from the Pillar." She said quietly. "I heard you all talking about something to do with the girl in the light, so I came here. Then you all just... vanished for a minute, like you suddenly stopped existing."
    Clif furrowed his brow. "Wait, how did you hear us talking? You weren't in the Pillar." He glanced at Amie to see if she might have recognized Kara being there. The mayor's daughter shook her head.
    "No one saw me, because of this." She slowly pulled some sort of device from her back pocket. It had a square shape and was about the size of her palm, but not as thick. Conduits like those in the Pillars lined the surface, and something like a small, red jewel was fitted into the center. She thumbed the jewel, and she suddenly disappeared. Clif's eyes went wide and he went rigid at the sight - or lack thereof. Kara then reappeared, and put the device away once more. "It makes me turn invisible whenever I use it. Or anyone that's holding it, I guess. I found it a long time ago when I was able to sneak into Beacon's Pillar and go looking around. I've been using it to slip out of my house ever since." It certainly explained how the mayor's daughter, of all people, was able to move about the city so easily without being forced back to her home. It sounded like they tried to keep her on a tight leash.
    "So... what, then?" Clif then asked. "I mean, not to sound like a jerk, but this doesn't concern you. And we need to keep this quiet."
    "I know! I know it doesn't have anything to do with me, but, well... I've always wanted to go and see the Pillars, and the Sentinels, and learn about why they're here. The Explorer's Union would never help me, my parents saw to that, but you guys aren't with them, right? So... please, let me join you. I can help, I swear! I've been studying about the Pillars for years, and I think I've even figured out a few things from the stuff that my mom works on. Just... don't tell anyone that I'm going with you. Please?"
    She certainly sounded sincere, but this was a very complex situation. Clif looked at Amie. "... What do you think?" He asked quietly. "I don't know anything about her..."

rainbowzcolor

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces