Welcome to Gaia! ::

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Champion Cardholder 100
People playing this know what I'm talking about already. There seems to be a distinct imbalance in the drop rate of the Stagony egg.

One on side we have those who are getting multiples of this egg while at a high level.

On the other side we have those who are putting in many hours (even reaching high levels ) with nothing to show for it but another level gain.

And in the middle we have those who have either lucked out at a low level and got one or those who can't stay on for long due to a personal reason or two. (Or even the glitches this game has.)

This isn't about not having the commitment to get one, it's the imbalance in the drop.

So here's my point:

Stagony is an event exclusive, which means it's only available during this event. Therefore everyone playing the game should have a fair (meaning balanced) chance or opportunity to gain a Stagony.

A good way to do this is to grant a Stagony (if they haven't gotten to the level or gotten the Stagony before then) when the player reaches level 15 or 20.

If we were able to have Lucky granted to us at level 10, then I don't understand why an exclusive like Stagony can't be granted to us at either 15 or 20. After all, we still have to work on leveling ourselves up to that, but at least it doesn't give the player a sense of defeat when they've reached level 18 or level 21 and still don't have an Stagony egg.

Higher levels should not have that drop rate increase once they get one, while others haven't seen a single one. That's a bit annoying.

[EDIT] No, Gaia, selling a CI for a chance to win a Stagony isn't the way to balance things out. It's one thing to buy a CS only Kindred, it's another to sell an in-game exclusive as a CI prize.

That's messed up and wrong.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
It is the same way with Lucky. I and others have not been able to catch one of them either other than the grant.

Precious Carnivore

53,275 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
I just got a stagony today at level 17 and I wouldn't mind if it got given away as a grant at level 20 or 21. We have only around a month to get one so having an alternative method of getting one would be great for those hunting it.

ninja I somehow got lucky and have a second lucky the cat.

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
If stagony is meant to be rare, than I am cool with it staying rear, but for people who have gotten to 20 without getting it. I think maybe like level 30 would be good. So still a level you need to grind hard to get, if you havent already got it by then.

20 is a easy level to get to if you put in the time. Im over 30 without using skill potions (well like one that I won). with 18 days to go, so I dont think 30 is unrealistic for something thats meant to come from hard work.

Nostalgic Spirit

78,300 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Old World Deity 500
I agree. This stagony thing is massively unbalanced. Every time I hear a story of someone in the hundreds without a single stagony egg, I shiver inside. Is that going to be me? I've been playing for hours on end and despite defeating many stagony, I've yet to receive an egg.

I think level 20 would be fair. I don't think it's reasonable to be at level 30 when out of sheer luck some people are picking up stagony on their first try. Where is the grinding they have to do? Why should some people have to do an insane amount of work while others simply luck out? Level 20 is doable without being unreasonable.

Determined Trash

51,950 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Confectioner’s Sweetest Confession 100
I've been grinding for days and still no luck. emotion_donotwant I really think there needs to be more fairness with event exclusive drops like these. This is giving me bad flash backs to the black and white set we had to fight to get last halloween.

Bloodthirsty Unicorn

The only people I notice that have quite a bit of Stag's (4+), are people who seem to play the game much longer than most people daily. I mean, obviously if someone is going to play the game for many hours per day, Stag is going to seem common for them to catch.

Either way, I do agree that Stag seems a bit too rare. I don't play all day/half the day, but usually I try to put a handful of hours in, but so far, nothing. Which, I don't find shocking considering my overall lack of luck with getting egg drops (my first actual battle egg drop was when I was level 12). If Stag wasn't an exclusive, I really wouldn't mind how rare they are, but that's not the case here.

Shirtless Hunter

they need ot do this or else no one will be playing that game, I already stopped playing after getting the stagony and getting all the achievements :>

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
guns and wings
The only people I notice that have quite a bit of Stag's (4+), are people who seem to play the game much longer than most people daily. I mean, obviously if someone is going to play the game for many hours per day, Stag is going to seem common for them to catch.

Either way, I do agree that Stag seems a bit too rare. I don't play all day/half the day, but usually I try to put a handful of hours in, but so far, nothing. Which, I don't find shocking considering my overall lack of luck with getting egg drops (my first actual battle egg drop was when I was level 12). If Stag wasn't an exclusive, I really wouldn't mind how rare they are, but that's not the case here.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
" A Houngan is wandering, away from its swarm. "

||| As someone who spent 15 hours yesterday farming for Stagony (even staying up all night), and 10 hours the previous day, I can attest that the duration of your playing seemingly does not improve your chances. I defeated over 200 Stagony yesterday alone (200 of them after hitting level 20 alone, nevermind the ones before level 20), and not once did I see an egg drop.

I tried to keep a tally yesterday of how many I defeated, and combined between the levels of 18-21 I defeated probably close to 250 Stags (I couldn't tally when I left the house, but I was still playing). I didn't even stop to eat, I played WHILE I ate.

In total, I'm confident that I've defeated close to, if not more than, 400 Stags and still have yet to see an egg.

Edit:
              User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

//SCREECHES. ABOUT ******** TIME.

" The wandering Houngan logged out "

Spiritual Gaian

9,050 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Temple Takeover 200
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
Catalyste
People playing this know what I'm talking about already. There seems to be a distinct imbalance in the drop rate of the Stagony egg.

One on side we have those who are getting multiples of this egg while at a high level.

On the other side we have those who are putting in many hours (even reaching high levels ) with nothing to show for it but another level gain.

And in the middle we have those who have either lucked out at a low level and got one or those who can't stay on for long due to a personal reason or two. (Or even the glitches this game has.)

This isn't about not having the commitment to get one, it's the imbalance in the drop.

So here's my point:

Stagony is an event exclusive, which means it's only available during this event. Therefore everyone playing the game should have a fair (meaning balanced) chance or opportunity to gain a Stagony.

A good way to do this is to grant a Stagony (if they haven't gotten to the level or gotten the Stagony before then) when the player reaches level 15 or 20.

If we were able to have Lucky granted to us at level 10, then I don't understand why an exclusive like Stagony can't be granted to us at either 15 or 20. After all, we still have to work on leveling ourselves up to that, but at least it doesn't give the player a sense of defeat when they've reached level 18 or level 21 and still don't have an Stagony egg.

Higher levels should not have that drop rate increase once they get one, while others haven't seen a single one. That's a bit annoying.

She Writes:
Agreed. I got 5 Stagony after I got the one I wanted and sorta wish I could sell them off to someone who wants them.

Magnetic Phantom

Sagebomb
If stagony is meant to be rare, than I am cool with it staying rear, but for people who have gotten to 20 without getting it. I think maybe like level 30 would be good. So still a level you need to grind hard to get, if you havent already got it by then.

20 is a easy level to get to if you put in the time. Im over 30 without using skill potions (well like one that I won). with 18 days to go, so I dont think 30 is unrealistic for something thats meant to come from hard work.
I never understood why we are always supposed to "work hard" and "grind hard" during events on Gaia.
I used to think that events were about having fun.
Spending my evenings "working hard" on something like this, i.e. mindlessly pushing a single button for an infinite amount of time, that's not my definition of "fun" or "reasonable".

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Anjoulie
Sagebomb

I never understood why we are always supposed to "work hard" and "grind hard" during events on Gaia.
Spending my evenings "working hard" on something like this, i.e. mindlessly pushing a single button for an infinite amount of time, that's not my definition of "fun" or "reasonable".

I never understood why people expects all things to be easily achievable. There should be rewards for people who dont want to try, rewards for people who try moderatly and rewards for people out of thier mind.

Magnetic Phantom

Sagebomb
Anjoulie
Sagebomb

I never understood why people expects all things to be easily achievable. There should be rewards for people who dont want to try, rewards for people who try moderatly and rewards for people out of thier mind.

I never said "easy" - just that there is a difference between what can reasonably be expected and what is a senseless waste of time.
If at least it wasn't this level of monotonous, and drawn out, I wouldn't mind it as much.
I find myself balking at the thought of spending so much more life on it.

Maybe I am a "lazy" casual user who just happens to have other things to do and interests to pursue and therefore I don't "deserve" anything in the eyes of whoever designs these events.
I don't know the demographics of the site but this is the population they keep alienating this way.

"Rewards for people out of their mind" doesn't strike me like something that should really be encouraged, btw, but I guess that is just me.

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Anjoulie

I never said "easy" - just that there is a difference between what can reasonably be expected and what is a senseless waste of time.
If at least it wasn't this level of monotonous, and drawn out, I wouldn't mind it as much.
I find myself balking at the thought of spending so much more life on it.

Maybe I am a "lazy" casual user who just happens to have other things to do and interests to pursue and therefore I don't "deserve" anything in the eyes of whoever designs these events.
I don't know the demographics of the site but this is the population they keep alienating this way.

"Rewards for people out of their mind" doesn't strike me like something that should really be encouraged, btw, but I guess that is just me.

As I said I dont mind if most things are achievable "easy enough" I guess is better. But I still thing there should be some higher rewards for those who are racing for them.

I once was on gaia 40 hours straight with no breaks...just for a mention of the staff page...

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-news-updates/staff-updates/t.63632027_706/

I know that may make it seem like I have no life, but I tend to work contracts where I work 60 - 90 hour weeks (not computer related, so no access online during those times), which is partly why during breaks between contracts I will spend crazy times online.

Loyal Sweetheart

26,890 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Noble Shade 100
I definitely think it should be a grant at level 15. No one has like 6000 hours to try their luck. I'm level 12 and I don't think I'm getting one because I don't have the time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff