Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wassermadchen's Husband

Tactical Husband

9,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Trader 100
If just like me and your new to Sailor Moon with wanting to watch, understand or know about it and parts of the storyline .... Then leave some Q's & answers here for others to read & answer.

1st few Q's for this is from me ... Why are the shows named like Sailor Moon Super S or Sailor Moon R, Really what do they mean ? Is it some sort of season or is it like when a new character is put into the show ?

Hope someone can tell me

Alien Cosmonaut

Sailor Moon S and R are indeed two different seasons. 3nodding The original anime from the 1990s is split into five seasons: Sailor Moon, Sailor Moon R, Sailor Moon S, Sailor Moon SuperS, and Sailor Moon Stars. I'm not exactly sure what they "mean" per se, I've heard R used to mean Romance among other things. S stands for Super, but then I don't know exactly what SuperS is supposed to mean. sweatdrop

Sailor Moon Crystal is the new remake of the series, and is completely seperate from the 1990s anime.

8,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100
James18uk
If just like me and your new to Sailor Moon with wanting to watch, understand or know about it and parts of the storyline .... Then leave some Q's & answers here for others to read & answer.

1st few Q's for this is from me ... Why are the shows named like Sailor Moon Super S or Sailor Moon R, Really what do they mean ? Is it some sort of season or is it like when a new character is put into the show ?

Hope someone can tell me

Those refer to the different seasons of the original Sailor Moon anime.

I can't remember the source, but R reportedly stands for Romance. Super S likely refers to Super Sailor Moon and Stars refers to the characters in the final season. I'm really not sure about S, actually, but Super Sailor Moon first makes her debut during this season.

Wassermadchen's Husband

Tactical Husband

9,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Trader 100
Bitway
Sailor Moon S and R are indeed two different seasons. 3nodding The original anime from the 1990s is split into five seasons: Sailor Moon, Sailor Moon R, Sailor Moon S, Sailor Moon SuperS, and Sailor Moon Stars. I'm not exactly sure what they "mean" per se, I've heard R used to mean Romance among other things. S stands for Super, but then I don't know exactly what SuperS is supposed to mean. sweatdrop

Sailor Moon Crystal is the new remake of the series, and is completely seperate from the 1990s anime.

PrincessNeko
Those refer to the different seasons of the original Sailor Moon anime.

I can't remember the source, but R reportedly stands for Romance. Super S likely refers to Super Sailor Moon and Stars refers to the characters in the final season. I'm really not sure about S, actually, but Super Sailor Moon first makes her debut during this season..

This is great, gotta say thank you so much for the info to both of you your help is much welcome.

Hopefully I can enjoy this when I get some more info .... just got to see what I need to find out now lol
Actually, the S in Sailor Moon S stands for "Super"! During the eyecatch, you can hear a voice sing "Sailor Moon Super!" when the logo shows up.

As for SuperS, I imagine it's called that because the rest of the senshi were upgraded to their super forms in this season. And also, that became Sailor Moon's default form. So it's called SuperS because there's more than one!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff