Welcome to Gaia! ::

Alcopops's Pardner

Bloodthirsty Bunny

33,440 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Miasmal Researcher 200

Good afternoon, wonderful GCDers!

It's a good time to talk about stuff since the forum is moving pretty slow. What kind of stuff? Features stuff.

So, tipping. Originally it was as a little "like" system, giving the poster 25 gold if someone tipped them. Now it's at 10,000 gold which caused a small uproar, but ever since, the notion of tipping is seldom mentioned. So I ask you: what is your opinion of tipping posts? Do you use the feature often or not at all? Has tipping become a part of your forum life, like using them to measure popularity in your posts or opinions? Do you LIKE being tipped in the first place? So many questions, so little time.

Discuss away!

DatOtterGirl's Significant Otter

Sapphire Otter

Oh yeah. I still tip. I tend to use it as a sign of "thank you" whenever I'm busy with a thread. Then there's whenever I agree with a post. *pelts nearest person with gold*

fxxkin demon

I tip people all the time. I don't even think twice about it. Sometimes it's to agree with a post and other times it's a way to say thanks. I often use it in the CB as a way to say "yes I've read your post but I don't have anything more to say." It's an easy way to end a conversation. And honestly 10k isn't a big deal any more. Not when the DC is throwing 500k or a million at you everyday.

Werewolf

I can afford tipping (like, really really afford tipping) but even though the tipping cost is proportional to the inflation, the fact that there's four zeros makes me a little bit more conscious of the money I'm spending. I'm less likely to, say, go around and tip everyone I agree with in a casual thread, but if there's an argument or a debate then hell yeah I'm tipping everyone whose opinion doesn't suck.

...which kind of makes me sound like a shady guy who slips twenties to people to encourage them to pick and win fights. ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Enduring Champion

15,015 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100
  • Marathon 300
I try to do it when I can, but I post a lot from the phone app, and tipping's supposedly broken on it. You can hit the button, but nothing happens.

clarion's King

Super Model

Kindly Gaian

sometimesalways
I tip people all the time. I don't even think twice about it. Sometimes it's to agree with a post and other times it's a way to say thanks. I often use it in the CB as a way to say "yes I've read your post but I don't have anything more to say." It's an easy way to end a conversation. And honestly 10k isn't a big deal any more. Not when the DC is throwing 500k or a million at you everyday.

This.
Exactly this.

NikNook's Kouhai

Byzantium Egg

I tip for one of two reasons: I like/agree with your post or as a sign that I've read your post but I'm not sure what to say next. OTL

I hate being tipped during AtS :V

Spacey Moonwalker

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Like most people here, I tip posts I agree with or say thanks to. If I don't have more to say than a useless post like "I agree" or something, then tipping serves its purpose pretty well.

Plus, it's a polite way to say "no thank you" for people in the art shops/requests forum. Politer than saying nothing at all, and much more effective than having to personally tell someone no.

Lupine Labtech

I use tipping to 'like' posts that I agree with and so forth. Handy feature.

The Ariadelle's Fangirl

Glittering Frog

45,525 Points
  • The Captain's Visions 500
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • Love for the Landia 500
Like most of the folks on here, tipping is a way of agreeing or saying "You are awesome" without wasting a post. I also do it when someone says something quippy or random and it gets a chortle/giggle out of me.

Or if it's something I full-heartedly agree upon, then I just quote them when the sentence(s) I agree and just put the word "tip" a bajillion times with no space.

44,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Champion 300
  • Winged 100
sterek
...but if there's an argument or a debate then hell yeah I'm tipping everyone whose opinion doesn't suck.

...which kind of makes me sound like a shady guy who slips twenties to people to encourage them to pick and win fights. ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

100% what I do.
While I do casually tip things I like, it usually is in the context of debates haha.
Even though I tip a lot, I have mixed feelings about being tipped. It's a nice gesture, but when I get the notification, I get all excited about a possible quote or something. I should just turn tipping notices off lol

Alcopops's Pardner

Bloodthirsty Bunny

33,440 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Miasmal Researcher 200
Vannequin
I tip for one of two reasons: I like/agree with your post or as a sign that I've read your post but I'm not sure what to say next. OTL

Is it because you hope to be quoted? So you see that you have a notice and it turns out it was just a tip? Dx That's happened to me before. On one hand, I really appreciate that they agree, but on the other... crying

Royal Werewolf

43,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
I mostly hang out in the WG (Word Games) threads, so I always tip people below me if I like what they had to say. I'm just nice like that and just want people to know that I appreciate what they had to say about my avi! 3nodding

NikNook's Kouhai

Byzantium Egg

Magically Clueless
Vannequin

Is it because you hope to be quoted? So you see that you have a notice and it turns out it was just a tip? Dx That's happened to me before. On one hand, I really appreciate that they agree, but on the other... crying

Pretty much. emo

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces