Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lord DoomRater's Darling

Light Dragoon

40,975 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Dragon's Path 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
I do not need to hear a bleep boop EVERY TIME I HOVER OVER SOMETHING IN LAKE KINDRED.

Adding music, great.
Adding battle sound effects, great.

The sounds for hovering over a button though are extremely unnecessary as the buttons already bounce or highlight when hovered over. And the sound becomes too repetitious very quickly.

I don't want to have to turn off music and sound effects altogether just because of this one UI sound. Please make a more customizable sound UI soon (where we can change sound volume on UI/Sound Effects/Music individually), or consider removing the sound effect for hovering over a button (and maybe even the one for clicking the buttons)... or at least consider a different neutral (maybe lower toned) sound that can be heard but comes off as more neutral in the background.
... and I just realized there is ANOTHER sound for hovering over a grayed out button. No, please..

Another slight suggestion... if you touch up the music selections for the game (I know they were just added so I hope that you do), the track you're using for battles feels really quiet against the tracks around it back at camp and on the world map. They're unevenly mastered, or something like that. I had my volumed turned up during a battle and asked my boyfriend to tell me what he thought about the music. He asked "You're playing music?" You have to wait for it to hit the climax to hear anything. The Sound effects are DOMINATING the music during battle.

... my boyfriend has another thing to tag on here... "That was the game UI? I thought my phone was trying to give me Skype Notifications. Can they not have it sound like Skype Notifications?"

TasteChaos's King

Duck

I liked it for a bit.
It was funny, I ran my curser over all of them rapidly
because my dog was reacting to the sound.
But yeah, this will drive me insane very, very fast.

Lord DoomRater's Darling

Light Dragoon

40,975 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Dragon's Path 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
I'm already there biggrin

Had to stop playing for a bit ._. I do realize I can turn the sound off (and that automatically turns off music as well), but the UI sounds are enough of a cause for concern where I feel like not playing for a bit to drive the point home sweatdrop

President Diedrich

I really wish they'd change the battle music to an upbeat sound.
They should also change the camp music to a soft melody as well.

Beloved Treasure

i wish they never added this music to the game. it's annoying to have to keep switching it off every single time i refresh the page, thanks to error messages, game freezes, and etc. if this music and sound effects are really here to stay at least give us the option to permanently disable it. because it's effecting the loading speed of the game.

Watervoir's Husbando

Carnivore

I really like the music and battle sound effects, but it'd be cool if we could turn the button sounds off without losing those things as well.

I kinda think that the button sounds aren't really necessary anyway. The music spices things up enough on its own. 3nodding

Gambino Believer

41,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
Honestly, I don't really mind the button sounds. I didn't find myself growing annoyed by them. I'm just glad that there's finally some sound in the game instead of it being really quite.

The sounds I don't like, though, are the attack sounds. They sounds too goofy and don't really sound like attack sounds to me. That and the fact that the standards attack and magic attack both have the same sound effect, it would be nice if each of the attack buttons (standard, magic, skill) all had a different sound effect.

Back to the top, perhaps there could just be options added to toggle the sound effects and toggle the music?

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
To repeat what I said in another thread

I rather like the sounds for several reasons. Among which, there are times when it is difficult for me to concentrate or I am distracted, the various sounds during the battle help me to know what is going on. I find the "whoop" sounds rather amusing as it reminds me of anime critters (I think form Pokemon - or it is similar) so that when you zip your mouse across the buttons, it sounds like a bunch of them. I find that amusing. As far as the sounds during battle, I find that amusing as well as it reminds me (or are they? ) of the way the Chinese do the sound effects during the battle scenes in their Kung Fu movies (the old ones. Like whapping towels and that sort of thing. I saw the "behind the scenes" thing a long time ago)

In all, added amusement and I like it. If I want the sounds off, I just turn down my speakers like I do any other time I don't wanna listen to anything (or I wanna hear what is on the news)

Peaceful Bookworm

16,115 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
It seems to lag me with the game in general. I am not all that thrilled about it and it should have been tested before given to everyone.

Nyadriel's King

Apocalyptic Shapeshifter

49,200 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • Waffles! 25
Aliyah_Sweet
It seems to lag me with the game in general. I am not all that thrilled about it and it should have been tested before given to everyone.

It was tested before given to everyone. They had volunteers (users) to test it out. Lag issues are on your end somewhere. It runs fine for me. Though sometimes lately, I have to move my mouse around a bit or lift it up and put down on the pad (toggles the signal) because the music takes a bit more to load.

Peaceful Bookworm

16,115 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
Lord Elwrind
Aliyah_Sweet

It was tested before given to everyone. They had volunteers (users) to test it out. Lag issues are on your end somewhere. It runs fine for me. Though sometimes lately, I have to move my mouse around a bit or lift it up and put down on the pad (toggles the signal) because the music takes a bit more to load.

I am not to sure where the lag issue could becoming from then, it worked fine for me before the music came into effect? neutral

Nyadriel's King

Apocalyptic Shapeshifter

49,200 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • Waffles! 25
Aliyah_Sweet
Lord Elwrind
Aliyah_Sweet

I am not to sure where the lag issue could becoming from then, it worked fine for me before the music came into effect? neutral

Yeah. Music is slowing it down some. Seems for everybody.

Lord DoomRater's Darling

Light Dragoon

40,975 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Dragon's Path 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
Lord Elwrind
Aliyah_Sweet

The lag issue is definitely not on her end. When they implemented Background Music and Sound Effects, the load time started a nasty habit of hanging at 91% for a minute before loading the game.

Twinky Dave's Senpai

Unleashed Dragon

Kinda related the music at the camp is ridiculously loud and everytime the game freezes it is back on again. gonk

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff