1 2 >

MR SUSHl's Wife

Fatcat

7,750 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
=^● ω ●^=

I know it's super obscure, which is why I am trying to gather together old fans to discuss something I never saw mentioned in other (dead and decrepit) threads... THE COMICS. Fans of the show may or may not know it was based on an Argentinean comic. It was originally published in Spanish and eventually translated to French... no official English version exists. I have been able to find bits and pieces that were translated and it is AWESOME.

So, let's talk!

Did you know about the comic? Have you read any of it? What did you think? Are you shocked at how much nastier Lori is?

Also, if anyone actually replies to this, I have some exciting Cybersix news to share...

♥♥♥

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The series is right now streaming on Hulu, if anyone's interested in catching it. It's a very good series.

Dedicated Lunatic

15,525 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Love Machine 150
Out on DVD too.

I had scans of the comics YEARS back, but lost 'em. in a computer crash. Beautiful art & story.
A couple of years ago, a classmate and I was talking about all the shows we watched as kids and for some reason we could remember the basic premise of the show but didn't know the name. We spent an entire week trying to figure out the name and when I finally found out I marathon the s**t out of it. A shame that it only lasted a season and I'm still confused with the ending.
I've had the show's themes song stuck in my head for the past few weeks randomly. I don't know how that happened seeing as how it's been years since I watched the show. It took me a while to realize where the song was even from.

I remember finding out that the show was based on a comic, but I thought it was originally French. Interesting that it was actually Spanish, and never translated into English despite the cartoon. I'd intended to find the show online and rewatch it but maybe I'll check out the comics first if I can find them. I could probably get my sister to translate from French if I can't find much in English.

Dedicated Lunatic

15,525 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Love Machine 150

MR SUSHl's Wife

Fatcat

7,750 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Nikias Kicxette
I've had the show's themes song stuck in my head for the past few weeks randomly. I don't know how that happened seeing as how it's been years since I watched the show. It took me a while to realize where the song was even from.

I remember finding out that the show was based on a comic, but I thought it was originally French. Interesting that it was actually Spanish, and never translated into English despite the cartoon. I'd intended to find the show online and rewatch it but maybe I'll check out the comics first if I can find them. I could probably get my sister to translate from French if I can't find much in English.

♥♥♥

I have scans of all the comics in French and a friend and I are trying to translate it to English. We've been planning to do it for a long time but were really busy until recently. That's the exciting news. o;

I found a volume and a half already translated, and we've picked up where they left off.

♥♥♥

iNk_mAy's Husband

8,100 Points
  • Married 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
mind burning_eyes

Eloquent Streaker

I'd legitimately never heard of this show until yesterday, when its intro came up in a video about '90s cartoon intros. I'm gonna check it out to see if it's any good.

Familiar Trickster

one of many of my childhood cartoons...am youtubing when I get time.

Eloquent Streaker

So, I gave it a shot, and couldn't even make it through the first episode. Not because it was bad, but because it was just too 1990's for my taste.

Kawaii Shoujo

I've only seen the t.v. show of the series.

Romantic Senshi

12,425 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
It was a great tv show. =x

Plinti's Husband

Distinct Seeker

11,575 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200