Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blessed Gaian

I have tried Google Chrome, Firefox, and Project Spartan browsers and no one's avatars in the banner, profiles, forums, and everywhere else on the site will show up. All that appears is a little box in the upper left corner where the avatar would be standing. I can understand why Project Spartan browser may have issues since its a new browser for Microsoft, but Google Chrome and Firefox not working has me puzzled.

Is anyone else having this issue?
    Did they announce that avatars are down at this current time?
    Is there any other way I could possibly fix this problem?

Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions I receive.

Undead Enchantress

Maybe you have your Gaia Forum Lite activated? You can turn it off from your MY Gaia-->Gaia Labs.

Blessed Gaian

Erynne

I checked and sadly that was not the issue, it was not activated. Thanks for the idea though, I appreciate it.

Undead Enchantress

Annikou
Erynne

I checked and sadly that was not the issue, it was not activated. Thanks for the idea though, I appreciate it.
Oh dear, I went around the CB and saw other people are also experiencing it. I'm not sure if it is related to the event. Recently, animated Kindred appear along side some users' avatars. They had to turn that off in higher traffic forums because of lag issues.

Benevolent Phantom

This isn't just you.
There's another thread about it right below the one you've just made, and one in bug reports too.
User Image
3nodding

Blessed Gaian

Minion`

I checked to see if there was other threads about it, I searched all forums and even scrolled through this one. Guess my eyes aren't as good as they use to be. Not use to looking at a laptop screen anymore. Now I feel bad posting this. sweatdrop Thanks for the information though. I appreciate it.

Benevolent Phantom

Annikou
Minion`

I checked to see if there was other threads about it, I searched all forums and even scrolled through this one. Guess my eyes aren't as good as they use to be. Not use to looking at a laptop screen anymore. Now I feel bad posting this. sweatdrop Thanks for the information though. I appreciate it.
Ah, don't feel bad.
The other threads aren't named for easy searching.
Now your thread is the one that'll pop up in searches, i'm sure.
User Image
3nodding

Blessed Gaian

Erynne

Its a possibility because I tried to select my little friend and it wouldn't even allow me to do so. I haven't been on very active on gaia due to my laptop being down so this is my first time on something other than my mobile device. Why I was honestly concerned. I missed seeing all the avatars also since it had been such a long time.

Blessed Gaian

Minion`

Thank you. whee

Questing Alchemist

39,425 Points
  • Exciting Experiment 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Master Converter 500
No, you aren't the only one. I'm experiencing the same issue. And an additional issue is with the current event as the rewards screen blacks out. In terms of gold and experience I still seem to be getting rewarded, but I've stopped as I'm not sure about other rewards.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff