Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ugh so I have a recent boyfriend and every time we hang out he wants to have sex.
We hang out a lot and sometimes I really am not in the mood and when I deny him he gets all pouty and annoying and makes me feel bad.
I know I have a very low sex drive because I take SSRI's for an anxiety disorder.
Are there any supplements out there that can increase female libido?

Dapper Gekko

I'm slightly more concerned that you're feeling pressured into having more sex than you're interested in... :>
Phoenix Songbird
I'm slightly more concerned that you're feeling pressured into having more sex than you're interested in... :>

Well I like him and find him very attractive I just dont have a sex drive for anyone...

Dangerous Player

16,425 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
I have the EXACT opposite of what you have. xD I'm the one with the high libido while boyfriend denies me sex.

Dapper Gekko

lzdrdwzrd
Phoenix Songbird

Well I like him and find him very attractive I just dont have a sex drive for anyone...
Ah, okay! I just was worried you felt like you had to do this for him.
Unfortunately I don't know anything that could help. Talk to your doctor though? Might be the best way to find something that works for you, especially since you're taking other medication.

Dapper Ladykiller

Girl I feel you- when I was on Prozac it was HARD to get in the mood. It would seriously take an hour.

Even when you don't have the drive, try doing things that make you feel sexy regardless. Dress up in lace and heels, buy a fun lube, try some toys. It is possible to have great sex without a great sex drive, it just takes a lot more effort than before. I found that once I started, I had fun, it was just hard to get myself to start! (true for many aspects of life)
Zuska Darling
Girl I feel you- when I was on Prozac it was HARD to get in the mood. It would seriously take an hour.

Even when you don't have the drive, try doing things that make you feel sexy regardless. Dress up in lace and heels, buy a fun lube, try some toys. It is possible to have great sex without a great sex drive, it just takes a lot more effort than before. I found that once I started, I had fun, it was just hard to get myself to start! (true for many aspects of life)

Yeah I am like that. I can get in the mood but it is really rare and hard to get me there. And my boyfriend doesnt understand the importance of foreplay and every time I try to give him a critique on sex he gets all bummed out and defensive...
lzdrdwzrd
Zuska Darling

Yeah I am like that. I can get in the mood but it is really rare and hard to get me there. And my boyfriend doesnt understand the importance of foreplay and every time I try to give him a critique on sex he gets all bummed out and defensive...

I actually quit taking Prozac for this reason. Mentally, all systems were go - but physically, not so much. Even with extended foreplay, I wasn't able to climax. It was as if my body would lose interest. I had heard that some doctors couple Wellbutrin with a prescription for Prozac (and I would imagine similar SSRI's) but I wasn't willing to continue with a medication that was not fulfilling it's intended function and was ALSO causing such a problem in the bedroom. I have a low enough libido as it is, I can't afford to lose much of it.
Also, its fairly typical of women to hit their sexual peak closer to menopause. The shorter the reproductive life-span, the higher the drive. Men see the opposite.
My libido is extremely low as well thanks to my birth control. My boyfriend and I are lucky if we do it once a month. Luckily his libido is just about as low as mine is...and we've been together for 8 years which could contribute as well. lol

I would tell him if he wants some then he needs to work harder to get you in the mood...it's all about foreplay. Maybe buy some toys to help get you there? My vibrator is my best friend, it never fails to get me going!

Lonely Hunter

Well, planning such kind of encounters is no easy thing. My boyfriend has such a low sex drive... the first year and a half we were together I was so upset about it. Sometimes it still bugs me a bit but I've learned to live with it. (And your guy should at least try to understand you, really...)

One thing that works for me is doing it in situations in which we might get caught. Like, nothing too reckless, but maybe on the room next to his parents and such.

Also, foreplay gets you more play, really. Maybe have him stimulate you with his fingers and see what happens. Small steps. Don't jump into dressing up and a bunch of toys... if the stakes are high you'll be even more nervous and less likely to enjoy yourself.

I once read a book called 'The Illustrated Manual Of Sex Therapy' by Helen Singer Kaplan and it gives interesting advice for being more comfortable with sex. Something I remember about it was how it was supposed to be a step by step process, and the fact that couples were limited to certain simpler activities actually got them eager to try more interesting things.

Hope things work out for you 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces