Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eternal Partier

12,300 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

What says camp more than making lanyards, friendship bracelets, paintings, and clay creations! Diedrich wants some kind of arts and crafts happening at this camp too! AND IT'S UP TO YOU TO COME UP WITH THE IDEAS FOR CRAFTS!

The contest ends Aug. 20th, and voting will take place in the D-Party Guild.
Winners be announced after Aug. 24th!

How to Enter
  • Draw or create some kind of art or crafts that you might create during Camp Diedrich!
  • Upload an image of your craft (whether it's art or a picture) to an image hosting website such as photobucket or tiny pic
  • Fill out the below form to enter!

[align=center][color=#104265][IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/wbw0lz.png[/IMG]
[b]Art:[/b] (put the image of your arts and crafts here!)
[b]How do you make this craft?:[/b] (Tell us how a camper would create this craft!)
[b]How will Diedrich Respond?:[/b] (to the craft?)
[b]Notes:[/b] (Anything else you want to add!)
[/align]

Demonic Bloodsucker

10,500 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Party Member 100
Art: http://i.imgur.com/8WKPJme.jpg
How do you make this craft?: Today at camp we were told to make anything we wanted out of clay. Well the previous night we were all sat down and told some stories about how this camp came to be and things that had happened over the years here. Well its told that during your first camp fire here deep out in the woods. Wild grunnies run about and live. They are supposivly said to eat your smores and run off with them. So I made a Grunny eating a giant smore. I don't think he could run off with it being that big. So tonight when we go out to make our smores. I am going to build a huge smore and see if the rumors about wild grunnies are true. I just think it would look something like this though. -giggle giggle-
How will Diedrich Respond?: When Diedrich sees this he will be like "Ohh look a mini me". Then he will also want some smores as well. He will ask to wear that as a pendant. He will be so happy that his campers made something and really enjoyed the camp stories. I will make Diedrich some smores tonight and bring then over to him and hopefully he will notice me!! xD.
Notes: KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR BABY WILD GRUNNIES!!! <3

Divine Noob

11,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Divine Donator 100
Art: (http://skieexcore.deviantart.com/art/camp-diedrich-547990785)
How do you make this craft?: (This is what they do in today's arts and crafts Diedrich and his campers decided to have a camp flag making activity. these are some of the flags that they made and Diedrich is so amazed on how awesome the flags especially when it was raise up in the flag poles.)
How will Diedrich Respond?: (Diedrich is getting a little nervous and serious about picking the real winner of today's activity because all the creations were too amazing and beutiful)
Notes: (Being in camping means learning to be resourceful thats why most of the parts of the flags they used to make are all from the sorroundings like the poles and the flags, mostly made out of sticks, and ropes.)

Caelum Valeer's Girlfriend

Art: http://creeddiskenthfangirl.deviantart.com/art/Gaia-Contest-Enty-548255205?ga_submit_new=10%253A1437615556
How do you make this craft?: today we were told to draw or make something related to something we did the other day or night at camp. i chose to draw Diedrich telling us a story
How will Diedrich Respond?: he would probably like seeing someone draw him having fun with the campers telling stories and such and will most likely ask if he could keep the peice
Notes: this was a fun day getting to see other crafts

Naughty Darling

15,065 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Art: User Image
How do you make this craft?: You need a lot of different beads , thread/yarn and imagination ^^
How will Diedrich Respond?: a great gift for friends ...
Notes: I love to create jewelry , they make people happy)))

Astral Nymph

20,190 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Party Member 100
Art:
User Image

How do you make this craft?: I used fimo (polymeric clay) and kneaded it to model a little flat Diedrich, afterwards I made a blue and a white roll of fimo and mixed them together. I created a ball out of them and flattened it. When I finished I lightly pushed Diedrich onto it so he wouldn't fall of and drilled a little hole between his ears to attach a cord to it.
How will Diedrich Respond?: He'd probably try to eat it, so I think I have to keep it away from him for now.
Notes: I never visited a summer camp, but I imagined them maybe doing some little "remember-me"'s like clay beads or little talismans to wear with a cord or add to their key-chain and just designed a talisman myself.
I'm willing to send this talisman to anyone who might want it free of charges (to spread the D), unfortunately I don't have any nice leather cords (or something similar) to attach it to (I used some wool for an example in the photos), but if anyone would like this little handmade goodie contact me

Mugtra's Husband

Sweetheart

28,075 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Novice Mage 100
Art: User Image
How do you make this craft?: Just get some paint, water, paint brush and a piece of paper and BABOOM! You're ready to create! Or- If you're a bit of a perfectionist, like mama right here, sketch out your drawing and got over it with a pen or marker, and then paint in your lines! (You might wanna get a washcloth....or 5...it gets kinda messy)
How will Diedrich Respond?: Well, I would only hope to be praised as a GOD! BUT, I'm definitely not that great...hehe... I think maybe he'd like the cute little blushies I gave him~ And maybe his cute little stumpy limbs!
Notes: Did i ever mention i love Owls? Did you know that Owls eyes are so big, they can't move them or they'd die? Oh--but, uh...b-but I had lots of fun doing this today! And i've never been a painter so it was nice to get to paint!

High-functioning Smoker

Art:
User Image

How do you make this craft?: You draw it! Or sew it together if you have the materials.
How will Diedrich Respond?: Thank gosh it's not real! I would hate to be prodded all day long with sharp things. Ees cute doe. talk2hand
Notes: Because at camp they only provide minimal resources for crafts, this camper decided if she could not sew together a voodoo doll, she would draw one. At home, this camper has a collection of them. Diedrich has become her newest addition.

Devoted Dreamer

Art:
User Image

How do you make this craft?:
Q-tip Launcher!

You'll need:
One popsicle stick of questionable origin (for the bow)
Dental Floss (for the string)
Any sharp tool (to cut the notches)
Water (to soak the bow in)
And of course, Q-tip's (for your arrows)

Steps:
1. Notch a popsicle stick at each end, then soak it in water for one to three hours and dry.
2. Tie a length of dental floss around one notch of the stick, knotting the string at one side edge.
3. Bend the stick into a bow shape and tie the floss at the other end, keeping the string to the same side of the stick as before.
4. Make each arrow by cutting off one end of a Q-Tip.

And viola!

Extra step:
You may want to weight the tips of the arrows with a small amount of candle wax.. and yes this means you can turn them into flaming arrows. (..But it's not recommended you do this unless you mean to burn down an entire neighborhood.)

How will Diedrich Respond?: You may never see him again, but you will feel his presence when he launches a Q-tip straight into your eye and you hear a small, victorious, "Bullseye!"

Notes: President sized and ready for action, this compact Q-tip launcher is easy to use and generally harmless (given that you don't set them ablaze) to any environment (besides open water).
You may take it a step cooler and add your own designs and embellishments to the bow itself or tie some small feathers to the cut off end of your arrows!

Naughty Rabbit

Art:
The Diedrich Dream Catcher
User Image
How do you make this craft?: Metal hoop, yawn, polyester string, beads, a ribbon (for the tie) and paper/markers for his adorable little face.
How will Diedrich Respond?: He would be excited to catch all the best dreams!
Notes: This was fun. Everything i needed at the craft store was just kinda all over the place. I had never made a dream catcher before, i kinda messed up on one of the ears but everything went ok. heart

Eternal Partier

12,300 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
Thanks for all the amazing entries, everyone! Voting is currently taking place and winners will be announced soon. Stay tuned!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff