Welcome to Gaia! ::

Golden Capitalist

9,150 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
Astral Felidae

...the first time?

I know there are going to be about a billion different answers but I'm happy to hear all of them.
When did you know you were in love? Did you tell the other person right away or did you wait? Is it okay to tell someone you love them even if that love isn't necessarily reciprocated?

I don't have to say I love you to a person for them to feel it.

I put my love into action, not just superficial words that can only be forgotten by the fade of the memory.

aaleeyyee's King

Muscular Shoujo

13,300 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Astral Felidae

Wow. I've very sorry you feel that way. While I can't say I agree, I definitely understand. I've been hurt like that, too. But I've also experienced love in a healthy way, too, which is why I disagree. I hope a healthy love finds you, too.

I don't know what's healthy anymore.

Durzinator's Spouse

Cat

Dolls and Dragons
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I can't really answer that. It always started as a joke between my guys. Then it just fell into habit.

Oh, so you're poly?
Did one relationship come first? Are your SOs friends? How do you all live amongst one another?

Phantom

I think you should say it when you feel it. Mind you my boyfriend and I waited 4 months before saying anything but that's only because we were very shy with each other.

Durzinator's Spouse

Cat

Genyusai
Astral Felidae

Wow. I've very sorry you feel that way. While I can't say I agree, I definitely understand. I've been hurt like that, too. But I've also experienced love in a healthy way, too, which is why I disagree. I hope a healthy love finds you, too.

I don't know what's healthy anymore.

It's hard to say what is healthy, because healthy isn't necessarily universal.
But I think anyone has the potential to find a healthy relationship that suits his or her needs.
I'm sure that someone will come along for you eventually. The waiting game is always hard, but I think it's worth it.

Mystical Drake

Astral Felidae
Dolls and Dragons

I can't really answer that. It always started as a joke between my guys. Then it just fell into habit.

Oh, so you're poly?
Did one relationship come first? Are your SOs friends? How do you all live amongst one another?

Yes, I am.
My relationship with my husband came first. We were married seven years before my boyfriend came along.
They are amazing friends. They do a lot of things together, and even work at the same company. They split the work around the house, and work together to take care of me and the kids.
My husband, boyfriend, and I all live in one house with the kids, my mom, and my great aunt.
We take care of the later.
Boyfriend has his own room, and I sleep in the room with my husband to be closer to my kids.
It's not really about sex. It's a lot of balance and taking care of each other, specially because I am sick.
It's really average and really normal.
No craziness like people expect.

Durzinator's Spouse

Cat

Gutterbouncl
I think you should say it when you feel it. Mind you my boyfriend and I waited 4 months before saying anything but that's only because we were very shy with each other.

Thank you for your input c:
I really appreciate it~

Durzinator's Spouse

Cat

Dolls and Dragons
Astral Felidae
Dolls and Dragons

Oh, so you're poly?

Yes, I am.
My relationship with my husband came first. We were married seven years before my boyfriend came along.
They are amazing friends. They do a lot of things together, and even work at the same company. They split the work around the house, and work together to take care of me and the kids.
My husband, boyfriend, and I all live in one house with the kids, my mom, and my great aunt.
We take care of the later.
Boyfriend has his own room, and I sleep in the room with my husband to be closer to my kids.
It's not really about sex. It's a lot of balance and taking care of each other, specially because I am sick.
It's really average and really normal.
No craziness like people expect.

Wow, that's amazing! Did you know you were poly before your boyfriend came along? Is your husband also poly? Your boyfriend? Was it hard trying to explain everything to your family?

I'm sorry for all of the questions, I just don't meet too many poly people and I love to hear their stories c:

Durzinator's Spouse

Cat

El Caudillo
Astral Felidae

...the first time?

I know there are going to be about a billion different answers but I'm happy to hear all of them.
When did you know you were in love? Did you tell the other person right away or did you wait? Is it okay to tell someone you love them even if that love isn't necessarily reciprocated?

I don't have to say I love you to a person for them to feel it.

I put my love into action, not just superficial words that can only be forgotten by the fade of the memory.

I suppose that makes sense.
Thank you for your input c:

Enduring Hero

Whatever you do, don't say it too soon. Not until you're completely certain. I felt pressured to say it very early on in my last relationship, because I felt that was what was expected of me. I was very young when we started dating so I mistook infatuation for love, and didn't think hard enough about the implications of declaring you're in love with someone.

TLDR; Don't tell the other person you love them unless you're a 100% certain you mean it. The feelings of lust /crush you experience at the start of a relationship do not automatically equal love. In retrospect, I think it takes a long time to know someone well enough to know whether you really love them or not.

R1NDO's Buddy

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500
Astral Felidae
Ven Loki
when you love them

Is there such thing as "too soon"?
Well, as soon as you are SURE that you love someone, you can tell them.

Any time before that is too soon.

Infatuation is not love but many get them mixed up.

If you feel like you "love" someone after just two or three weeks of dating, it's probably just infatuation.

R1NDO's Buddy

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500
Halfling Heroine
Whatever you do, don't say it too soon. Not until you're completely certain. I felt pressured to say it very early on in my last relationship, because I felt that was what was expected of me. I was very young when we started dating so I mistook infatuation for love, and didn't think hard enough about the implications of declaring you're in love with someone.

TLDR; Don't tell the other person you love them unless you're a 100% certain you mean it. The feelings of lust /crush you experience at the start of a relationship do not automatically equal love. In retrospect, I think it takes a long time to know someone well enough to know whether you really love them or not.
I think it's cute that your TLDR is just as long as what you said before xd

Also, your avatar is always so adorable, I love how you kept it for so long!
And the art emotion_drool

Durzinator's Spouse

Cat

Ven Loki
Astral Felidae
Ven Loki
when you love them

Is there such thing as "too soon"?
Well, as soon as you are SURE that you love someone, you can tell them.

Any time before that is too soon.

Infatuation is not love but many get them mixed up.

If you feel like you "love" someone after just two or three weeks of dating, it's probably just infatuation.

Thank you very much for your input c:

aaleeyyee's King

Muscular Shoujo

13,300 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Astral Felidae

It's hard to say what is healthy, because healthy isn't necessarily universal.
But I think anyone has the potential to find a healthy relationship that suits his or her needs.
I'm sure that someone will come along for you eventually. The waiting game is always hard, but I think it's worth it.

No. I've tried. Real relationships don't exist, in the end you are only with someone for what they can do for you, NOT for what you can do for them.

Would you be willing to stay with someone while they have cancer? When they're poor? When they have trouble with alcohol?

If you say yes, how long will you be able to until someone else enters your life? It can't be done. Life is just a series of moments to moments, instead of seeing a relationship as a "Forever" thing like some deluded schoolgirl's fantasy, see it for what it is.. A temporary reprieve from the despair of impending death.

Durzinator's Spouse

Cat

Halfling Heroine

Yes, that makes a lot of sense. Thank you very much for your input c:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces