Welcome to Gaia! ::

Thieving Rogue

« ‹ I'm beginning to get tired of how often Gaia releases new items. Until this point, I really enjoyed it. Constantly having something new to see and get excited about purchasing and using, things to discuss about them, speculation to be had. However now, I'm finding it more and more frustrating. Every time I make an avatar in the Builder that I really enjoy, I go to look for the items for it in the marketplace and find that it was never listed despite being released a while ago, or that there are no listings for it. I think back to a few years ago when something like that happening was somewhat rare, because there weren't several thousand items released per year, there were a few hundred.

I really wish that Gaia would cut back on the daily updates to maybe every other day, instead of every day. Or perhaps instead of releasing a new LQI everyday, they could have re-release RIGs a little more often to combat the difficulty in finding items that are by no means rare. This might also solve the problem of LQIs selling poorly lately (when I say poorly, I mean selling out far less than they used to.)

One additional thought I had was that I believe (or like to hope) that Gaians are beginning to get tired of the same theme in many of these LQIs. The same cute dresses, floppy sweaters, tiny pigeon toes. Or for men, the "defiant hero stance" (standing with legs spread), hands in pockets with the same basic hairstyles. I think the items need to be energized with new ideas, not the same ideas with a never-before-seen color combination.

Spoons for you:

gaia_spoons Are you tired of the volume in which Gaia releases new items?

gaia_spoons Have you been spending less on the site if you're a regular cash user? Why?

gaia_spoons How would you combat the problems with such a high release rate?

gaia_spoons Do you think the lack of sales of LQIs have to do with the repetitive themes many of them?

gaia_spoons Feel free to add your own discussion points!

Renamed the thread because I liked the way Nyadriel put it.

Sparkly Genius

13,550 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
Are you tired of the volume in which Gaia releases new items?

Quite.I can't keep up, and without Tektek, I feel like I'm drowning in all of the new item releases. It's not exciting; it's annoying.

Have you been spending less on the site if you're a regular cash user? Why?

I have. Back in the "old days," I used to donate $25 every month to get the collectables and support the site, and I used to feel really good about it, but now it hardly seems worth it to me. The collectables are no longer special, especially since they've been re-released and re-colored multiple times over.

How would you combat the problems with such a high release rate?

The only feasible options are to either ignore the announcements or leave Gaia, lol. If my opinion actually had any weight, I would say that Gaia needed to make more of their items purchasable with gaia gold in order to get a bunch of the gaia gold out of circulation so that 1 gg could be worth something again, but again, Gaia doesn't give two shits about my opinion and will continue with their shenanigans until they can no longer get away with it.

Do you think the lack of sales of LQIs have to do with the repetitive themes many of them?

I'm not sure what a LQI is.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
I have been suffering from 'buyers fatigue' for some months now. Too many LQIs and not enough common items. Tired of constantly brooding and complaining because it's not all about me. I worry about people who don't have a lot of gold for whatever reason (not everyone can or would buy gc and may not be able to play games due to bandwidth limitations or whatever). Tired of a lot of things.

Also would be nice to get some things other than the kind of stuff we been getting so much of and go retro or traditional or something. "What's old is new" kind of thing. Be also nice if the rarer stuff was not so rare as much anymore.

Luca and Oishi's Princess

Light Warrior

42,675 Points
  • But it Refused 500
  • Pokekaiju Contest Extraordinaire! 500
I only really get tired of it when they release items I actually want... otherwise the influx of item is easy to dismiss for me. The thing I find hardest to keep up with is all the rigs released through the month. With there being no official item lists and topics not being solely dedicated to listing the items I tend to miss out on items I would have liked and not finding out about the item until much later when it's super inflated.

Shamefully I will admit I've been spending more lately... I think the summer sale is the main culprit in that since there were two items I personally wanted for my collection.

Maybe limit the amount of items released to like two a day? A paws and human version of said item since I know Paws have been feeling left out. I wish we could go back to the days of one rig a month, but I could maybe handle two x.x;

Do you think the lack of sales of LQIs have to do with the repetitive themes many of them?
From a vending standpoint recolors are just less popular and have a harder time selling... so I personally tend not to buy them unless I like them and think someone else really would too. Usually the first two editions of an item sell pretty well depending on the color scheme and then the rest just kind of get boring and repetitive. As for the repetitive themes effecting different LQIs... I'm not sure. Some items just seem better made in my opinion, though if one person really likes a theme and they release so many items with a similar theme consecutively it's easy to see that said person would run out of money or get overwhelmed and just give up.

Thieving Rogue

koopabrat
        « ‹ LQI stands for "limited quantity item(s)."

Naughty Pants

I have been ~really bored~ about a lot of items for a while now. I'll see things like that Ragnarok U LQI that came out yesterday and think 'If you were an MC - and one of the only things that came out this month, I would so want you. But you're a LQI and there's a million more like you. Yawn.'

Meanwhile what I really want is a goldshop update with some basic belts and layering items. Not leg mods that stretch from floor to waist. Not arm mods that cover up your entire torso. Shoes. Stockings. Actual things to layer on your avatar.

It's frustrating, yet good for me as I'm not spending lots of cash or gold.

fxxkin demon

I think if I liked most of the items they put out I'd be more burnt out from all of the releases. However since I have a particular look it doesn't bother me too much. I mostly get frustrated when the shop goes on a long spell without a single thing that fits my character. That's why I end up with lots of recolours of my favourite items. At the very least I can join in with some of the popular colours when a new Beyond is released. Saves me gold/cash for the most part. I don't see myself spending any more than usual.

I think if I could change anything about the release schedule it would be balancing what items come out. I'm not sure why the Paws have to wait days or even weeks for a release.

Twinky Dave's Senpai

Unleashed Dragon

-I actually really enjoy seeing new items/recolors daily. What makes me tired of them is when gaia gets stuck on one theme of items, one item with near daily recolors or one color scheme recoloredon every item under the sun for days. They need to mix it up. I remember what felt like months of the only recolor scheme was checkmate blue during that time I logged in less and spent less because gaia was catering to one color scheme.

-I've actually been spending significantly less. I used to spend about $100 a month and now maybe $10 or $25 if it's an exceptionally good month for items in my opinion. The main reason is lack of interest in the new items. Everything feels the same, same general leg mods, arm mods and mostly girly items. I've been buying less rigs due to the terrible odds.

Keep the rate the same but more variety to cater to all users rather than flavor of the month.

Absolutely. How many march revisits or marionette type items do we need?

Alien Elder

27,440 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Candy Massacre 50
I may not buy via GC (unless I farmed enough vids) but I do get burned out seeing same kawaiicrap CS spam time and again. But then again this is the bread and butter market of the site.

There's a silver lining to that though...when a really good gore/ horror based item goes on sale ( no cutesu ghosts, witches, pokemangs and whatnot) I have more or less the stuff I need to get it.

A rarefied taste is a blessing and a curse in this situations

Cluttered Browser

26,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
I don't get buyers fatigues anymore because everything is ludicrous prices so if I want something I should be willing to shell out a shitload for it, and why would I regret a purchase that I enjoy or I know I'll use eventually?

If I don't like something I get rid of it, if I think I can use it later, it'll stay for a bit.

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
Well... instead of buying everything which is released, people takes the time to choose what they want. So it does leads to less available; either because not a lot got sold or simply people are keeping their items. In a way, it's kinda normal that one doesn't want everything available.

A way which could be used to help is to actually better manage re-releases which are available through CIs and bundles. Let's say... instead of having the same item be re-released in every CI five times in a row for a relatively high drop rate, actually release some other hairstyle which isn't available that much on the site (including in inventories) and/or which is on a lot of people wishlists. Another way could be to consider statistics of what's saved the most on avatars both on site and the avatar builder. That said, all those would really needs a massive use of statistics and some formula established to have a nice pool chosen. Also, ideally, at least one person would need to manually check the list of items proposed for the CI according to those numbers. This way, not so wanted or fitting items for the CI would be filtered. A similar thing could be done with bundles smile

Loyal Warrior

10,550 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Before the inflation I really wanted to buy the collectibles because they were so nicely made and it looked like the artists took time to make them.
Now I'm able to spend money on this site yet refuse to because the items look all the same, and the theme consists of nothing but leg, face, and arm mods.

Namius's Queen

OG Gaian

63,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ghost Hunter 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
I only get buyer's fatigue after big sales. Summer Sale/Black Friday usually have multiple things I want from multiple sets that I collect, so I spend. And once the sale is over and we go back to regularly scheduled updates... we get recolours of the sale items or new items that are just too awesome (I'm looking at you bloody chainsaw pose in Gloom Bunny). THAT'S when I start feeling like, "augh, I just spent so much money and now I want to spend more. Why can't you give my wallet a break for a week or two?"

This summer sale wasn't too bad. I did spend a bit, and I did spend a bit after. But there hasn't been ridiculous amounts of items post-sale I've had to have besides Gloom Bunnies and new Astra capes. :B

NikNook's Kouhai

Byzantium Egg

I've said before I wouldn't mind if updates were every other day but it's nice having something to look forward to on the site.
It's not the volume of items that bothers me as much as the lack of variety in themes and most of all colour schemes.

I've noticed in the last few months, I've spent significantly less that I used. Now I'm buying a little bit of Gcash every other month at most.
Why? I'm just not overly impressed with anything. I hate this "colour palette of the moment" trend. If you don't like any of the "it" colours, the only thing left for you to purchase is the neutral scheme recolours (all-white, all-black, black/white)
I like variety. I like knowing that every week there's a chance at something for everyone, even if there's nothing in particular for me.
Right now, if you're not a massive fan of Melon, CMYK, Velvetine, Sassy or Demure, only one or two updates a week will interest you.

I also really dislike forced colour palettes. Pair the main colour with a neutral one and let people create their own combo's. For example, I like yellow. I'd like to pair yellow with others colours that are not pink :>

"Oh but it sells!" In the beginning sure. However,after a while, if you give someone too much of the same thing, they'll start to hate it...

Repetitive themes, same colours schemes, high prices tags...
For a few of the new items, If I can find an already existing alternative, why would I purchase something "new"?

Invisible Gekko

18,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I'm always down with new item releases, more stuff to work with! However I have a bigger problem on what's being released. It's pretty much the same s**t over and over again.
tbh Ragnarock U was pretty much a most generic cash shop item (with the two or three poses that are unseen) .
Most LQIs follow one or two of these common poses
1. A beanie or some sort of "casual" head gear
2. A tank top
4. Some sort of mini bottom (shorts or skirt)
5. Long pants leg mod with either the "hero-stance" or one leg bent while the other one is straight
6. Short dude hair and looong lady hair
7. Centered around an animal
8. Tiny feet that are normally either boots, or in a form of a full leg mod

Edit:
I forgot (9) over-sized somethings, mostly sleeves

Yea man, like I'm literally so done with tank tops and beanies right now. I haven't bought GC in a while for myself. I almost did when Zip It came out, however that sold out.
Real life fashion is cool and all, but can we start going on to other fashion styles rather than make the same s**t over and over again.

I'm so done with recolors too. Nearly all recolors are fad colors. 9/10 these colors look ******** awful with the item they're pasted onto. I remember when dusty rose and periwinkle was all the rage, and then suddenly that color basically doesn't exist. Same with with Checkmate, thank heavens that's died down significantly. It was only a small niche of people really using it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff