Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello! I'm new to Gaia and browsing the forums. I thought this would be a good place to ask some questions and get to know people.

I have two things bothering me of late.

The biggest I think is the loss of self. I read all this stuff I had written when I was really young and feel I lost a lot of my spunk and creativity. Beaten by life? I dunno. I feel like I'm having to conform to survive but it is putting out that spark that makes me well me. I begin to find myself being a sheep instead of the unicorn I want to be razz And I have started relying on others and being less independent. I don't like it but to survive in my life I feel I must conform. How do you not lose your spark with mundane life crushing it?

The second thing is I am totally a late bloomer so the dating scene is...very intimidating. I am not a Tinder girl or a social butterfly. Doesn't really appeal to me and I'm a romantic at heart and don't really want a series of flings. I actually am fascinated with people around me who are able to fall in love or have crushes easily. I know I should work on myself and leave myself open. But, any advice for a late bloomer? Any stories how you met your loves?
Ms Super Wow
Hello! I'm new to Gaia and browsing the forums. I thought this would be a good place to ask some questions and get to know people.

The biggest I think is the loss of self. I read all this stuff I had written when I was really young and feel I lost a lot of my spunk and creativity. Beaten by life? I dunno. I feel like I'm having to conform to survive but it is putting out that spark that makes me well me. I begin to find myself being a sheep instead of the unicorn I want to be razz And I have started relying on others and being less independent. I don't like it but to survive in my life I feel I must conform. How do you not lose your spark with mundane life crushing it?

The second thing is I am totally a late bloomer so the dating scene is...very intimidating. I am not a Tinder girl or a social butterfly. Doesn't really appeal to me and I'm a romantic at heart and don't really want a series of flings. I actually am fascinated with people around me who are able to fall in love or have crushes easily. I know I should work on myself and leave myself open. But, any advice for a late bloomer? Any stories how you met your loves?

Welcome to Gaia Ms Super Wow, I find having a hobby or two helps preserve a sense of individuality while feeling a sense of belonging with the people who share the same interests. You don't necessarily have to conform to what everyone else is doing, but if you find your niche it's easier to get inspired and be creative. If there's any advice I could ever give to you about dating it's not going to be easy and it's not going to be fast if you want a genuine relationship. Real love doesn't come out overnight, usually people who have a firm basis in friendship over a long period of time are able to work at their relationships better because they're able to communicate and understand each other better. Now, this isn't always the case, but your chances of a long term relationship that you feel safe, happy and secure in is important. I've had so many experiences in the dating scene and the pattern goes something like this...

Most men who have sex on the first date will lose respect for the person and most likely will never call them back, unless the two really connected mentally or emotionally, even then they might only see the person as either a booty call, ******** buddy or someone they can just string along until they find someone they like more.

Most men who don't have sex with the person on the first date might actually have some respect for the person, dislike them, aren't attracted to them or can't see them as anything more than a friend, associate or co-worker. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, as it can tell what they're actually looking for might be just sex and if the other person doesn't put out after a few months of dating they're off trying to have sex with the next girl. It's rare that a guy becomes friends with a girl for years and once he has sex with her he dumps her, but it's real, so to avoid that a person shouldn't keep the guy guessing by taking to long to test the sexual waters.

If he stays after sex and is genuinely friendly towards the person and says he wants a serious relationship he won't make sex the biggest deal, he won't pressure the person or demand that the person do him favours, he won't guilt trip or play games, talk behind the persons back or be distrusting. He will wait.

If he leaves after sex and never contacts the person unless they contact him first, generally, that's a sign he probably didn't like having sex with the person, so he lost his drive and he lost his sense of the chase. He's most likely the guy who only likes the thrill of the chase, once he has the person interested in him or has them in the sac he's nowhere in sight. Never trust this guy to be by a persons side when they're sick or when they need a shoulder to cry on or advice or help with anything, he'll most likely reply with "uh huh" one words answers and give you a cute pet name like "babe" and won't give one s**t if they ever text him again.

So you see, my dear, there are a lot of a** holes in this world that just want to have sex. Guard yourself, don't expect too much from men unless they prove themselves worthy of respect, love and attention. If you expect too much you're going to be let down continuously and be hurt, like me, but in my case I'm literally use to the whole sex scene. Not many guys want a relationship either for various reasons, job security, mental health, consequences of divorce, etc. so don't be discouraged to find that most guys are looking for a girl to bust their nuts for one night, maybe in several nights before ignoring her (AKA phasing) her out of his life. Just take it as a learning experience and find someone else whose stable and has a lot more to offer than that scrub in the corner of the parking lot.

Relentless Lionheart

tempeh-kun
Ms Super Wow

Welcome to Gaia Ms Super Wow, I find having a hobby or two helps preserve a sense of individuality while feeling a sense of belonging with the people who share the same interests. You don't necessarily have to conform to what everyone else is doing, but if you find your niche it's easier to get inspired and be creative. If there's any advice I could ever give to you about dating it's not going to be easy and it's not going to be fast if you want a genuine relationship. Real love doesn't come out overnight, usually people who have a firm basis in friendship over a long period of time are able to work at their relationships better because they're able to communicate and understand each other better. Now, this isn't always the case, but your chances of a long term relationship that you feel safe, happy and secure in is important. I've had so many experiences in the dating scene and the pattern goes something like this...

Most men who have sex on the first date will lose respect for the person and most likely will never call them back, unless the two really connected mentally or emotionally, even then they might only see the person as either a booty call, ******** buddy or someone they can just string along until they find someone they like more.

Most men who don't have sex with the person on the first date might actually have some respect for the person, dislike them, aren't attracted to them or can't see them as anything more than a friend, associate or co-worker. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, as it can tell what they're actually looking for might be just sex and if the other person doesn't put out after a few months of dating they're off trying to have sex with the next girl. It's rare that a guy becomes friends with a girl for years and once he has sex with her he dumps her, but it's real, so to avoid that a person shouldn't keep the guy guessing by taking to long to test the sexual waters.

If he stays after sex and is genuinely friendly towards the person and says he wants a serious relationship he won't make sex the biggest deal, he won't pressure the person or demand that the person do him favours, he won't guilt trip or play games, talk behind the persons back or be distrusting. He will wait.

If he leaves after sex and never contacts the person unless they contact him first, generally, that's a sign he probably didn't like having sex with the person, so he lost his drive and he lost his sense of the chase. He's most likely the guy who only likes the thrill of the chase, once he has the person interested in him or has them in the sac he's nowhere in sight. Never trust this guy to be by a persons side when they're sick or when they need a shoulder to cry on or advice or help with anything, he'll most likely reply with "uh huh" one words answers and give you a cute pet name like "babe" and won't give one s**t if they ever text him again.

So you see, my dear, there are a lot of a** holes in this world that just want to have sex. Guard yourself, don't expect too much from men unless they prove themselves worthy of respect, love and attention. If you expect too much you're going to be let down continuously and be hurt, like me, but in my case I'm literally use to the whole sex scene. Not many guys want a relationship either for various reasons, job security, mental health, consequences of divorce, etc. so don't be discouraged to find that most guys are looking for a girl to bust their nuts for one night, maybe in several nights before ignoring her (AKA phasing) her out of his life. Just take it as a learning experience and find someone else whose stable and has a lot more to offer than that scrub in the corner of the parking lot.
I'm Samael I support this messadge
tempeh-kun

Thank you! I was nodding all the time to your advice and laughed to at the truth of it. And I think that is why I'm afraid since I don't want to deal with a bunch of assholes. But, I also don't want to shut myself away. I guess since I'm a late bloomer I'm thinking if I stay indifferent I might miss out.

I just hope I don't just become a people watcher and watch my life go by....but people watching is fun. blaugh
Butler Samael
You look like one hell of a butler. 4laugh

I'm sorry I had too sweatdrop (if you know the reference)

Thanks for stopping by though!
Ms Super Wow
tempeh-kun

Thank you! I was nodding all the time to your advice and laughed to at the truth of it. And I think that is why I'm afraid since I don't want to deal with a bunch of a** holes. But, I also don't want to shut myself away. I guess since I'm a late bloomer I'm thinking if I stay indifferent I might miss out.

I just hope I don't just become a people watcher and watch my life go by....but people watching is fun. blaugh

The only thing you can do is try and have a realistic view of what could happen, keep trying even when you feel so bitter and jaded, try to be be cordial and respectful, but also love yourself enough to say that this person wasn't for you at the time. Sometimes the guys in our lives genuinely like us, but they have to play the devil card on us because of other things that aren't clear in their lives (they might be married, they might have financial issues, etc.) then there are the guys that are plain out liars, who literally lie through their teeth about wanting a relationship with you while wifey is sitting in the wings. If you happen to have a baby by this man, god save you and hopefully the community, your family and anybody who loves you more than that sad sac will support you. I really don't suggest trying for a baby unless you're secure in what you know of him and you trust him with your life because most guys are not keen on divorcing and paying child support which generally goes to the woman.

Relentless Lionheart

Ms Super Wow
Butler Samael

yes my lady I get the reference I work in a cafe with Butlers.
Its called As you wish . you have my personal invitation to go there.
You are going to change as you grow up, you at a teenager is not going to be you forever and you shouldnt see it as a loss. It is you changing. We are all hormonal crazy people when we are young. You dont need to conform to survive. You adapt, but you should always try to make your situation feel like you are being yourself. Now of course you may want to conform for certain situations to make your life easier, but that should not be how you are all the time. Such as how you are at work is not how you should be out of work.

You can use tindr to get a relationship. THe whole point is that you can talk to people in your area without having to give them your number. So whether you go and set up a date soonish after a match or you talk a lot and see how it goes, many people use it for not hookup stuff but more. The big thing no matter how you do it is to put yourself out there. You arent going to fall into a relationship. You have to be willing to date, willing to get to know people, willing to try out things. I personally met my boyfriend through gaming/anime club at my uni. We were friends at first, then we were casually seeing eachother and that led to sex, and then eventually a relationship. It would not have happened if I was passive in the interaction though.
Butler Samael
Ms Super Wow
Butler Samael

Oh thank you and where is this cafe? 3nodding
legnanellaf5
You are going to change as you grow up, you at a teenager is not going to be you forever and you shouldnt see it as a loss. It is you changing. We are all hormonal crazy people when we are young. You dont need to conform to survive. You adapt, but you should always try to make your situation feel like you are being yourself. Now of course you may want to conform for certain situations to make your life easier, but that should not be how you are all the time. Such as how you are at work is not how you should be out of work.

You can use tindr to get a relationship. THe whole point is that you can talk to people in your area without having to give them your number. So whether you go and set up a date soonish after a match or you talk a lot and see how it goes, many people use it for not hookup stuff but more. The big thing no matter how you do it is to put yourself out there. You arent going to fall into a relationship. You have to be willing to date, willing to get to know people, willing to try out things. I personally met my boyfriend through gaming/anime club at my uni. We were friends at first, then we were casually seeing eachother and that led to sex, and then eventually a relationship. It would not have happened if I was passive in the interaction though.
I didn't even know I was conforming until recently and that just made me depressed. But, I understand you need to a little but probably not as much as I do.

I am willing to give things a try but I think I may look for things like clubs and common interests and meet people there. Which I think it awesome that you met at gaming/anime club. The best things!

Magical Shapeshifter

I wouldn't say your a late bloomer. To be honest, I think waiting and not having a crush so easily is a sign of maturity. I chased after love too early. What did it get me? Heartbreaks and bad memories. I had to kiss quite a bit of frogs to get my prince. Now everything's great and I have a boyfriend who treats me very well. If I could go back, I would've waited until college to start a relationship because then I could have skipped everyone who was a waste of my time.
Princesskittyface1
I wouldn't say your a late bloomer. To be honest, I think waiting and not having a crush so easily is a sign of maturity. I chased after love too early. What did it get me? Heartbreaks and bad memories. I had to kiss quite a bit of frogs to get my prince. Now everything's great and I have a boyfriend who treats me very well. If I could go back, I would've waited until college to start a relationship because then I could have skipped everyone who was a waste of my time.
Awh thank you. I'm sorry you had to go through all those frogs but glad you found someone! And you know maybe I am just feeling restless since dating comes so natural to those around me and some already married.

Magical Shapeshifter

Ms Bodacious Bunny
Princesskittyface1
Awh thank you. I'm sorry you had to go through all those frogs but glad you found someone! And you know maybe I am just feeling restless since dating comes so natural to those around me and some already married.

You probably just haven't ran into that person yet. When I by chance met, Tim, my current boyfriend there was like this invisible gravitational pull. He was so handsome I couldn't even talk to him. Trust me, you'll know absolutely know when you run into someone you want to date. Its so different than just settling with whats in front of you.

I know what you mean. I have quite a bit of friends married. I try and look at it as insurance. If you wait to get married, you have a less chance of getting a divorce.
I can relate to both of those issues.

Sometimes, I worry about how I'm changing, and in particular how I feel forced to change by society into what is deemed "socially acceptable." It's difficult to meet the standards set in place and still maintain a sense of individuality. I deal with this mostly by considering why I do what I do, and what I really want. For example, I want money, and thus I must behave appropriately for my job while at work. As long as I do so to achieve the end that I desire, I'm not really losing my sense of self, even the self-restraint can be bothersome. Maybe thinking about it in those terms will help you... at least, it's something to think about.

As for being a late bloomer, I can relate to that as well. I didn't have my first boyfriend, first date, or first kiss until I was 24 years old. I was always the picky sort of person, and it just took that long to find someone I was really compatible with. I'm still dating him now, three years later. Waiting to find someone worthwhile can be lonely and frustrating, but to me, it was worth it. Don't lose hope. Keep your eyes open, and you might meet someone that you click with someday. heart

Relentless Lionheart

Ms Bodacious Bunny
Butler Samael
Ms Super Wow
Butler Samael

Oh thank you and where is this cafe? 3nodding
iits in the chat rooms.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas