Welcome to Gaia! ::

Newbie Hunter

7,650 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Most of the populus has already been deceived by this pulled-out-of-the-a** idea that we could have somehow came from something like a fish or even farther back, a bacteria.

There are some major issues with this.

The first flaw is most scientists dating systems. Now, when we think about dinosaurs we think about a few million years ago, maybe even further back. But there's SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE that proves dinosaurs haven't been extinct for even half of that long. If you do your research(a few minutes of it at that) you ill see that they discovered a dinosaur bone with tissue in it containing Carbon 14. All you scientists out there know that Carbon 14's SCIENTIFIC LAW says that the longest it can be preserved without decaying is 200,000 years.
What does this mean for the scientific method for dating fossils? It's complete and utter BS! It's an educated guessing game. If they don't get a number close to MILLIONS at least, they throw it out because they assume it can't be correct.

Why do i mention dating systems?
The reason i mention the issues with dating is because evolution is supposed to take millions upon millions of years to go from bacteria to man. But scientists who believe in evolution will tell us man and dinosaurs did NOT exist at the same time. This causes some obvious inconsistencies.

Natural Selection is real, but Evolution is not?
This might confuse some people. But what I am saying here is that small scale evolution, natural selection, is which different traits are passed on to promote survival is real. However, the idea that something could, let's say, grow legs if its species usually doesn't have them-- this is utterly false. There is no scientific evidence to suggest it is possible and there is literally NO record of it in history.

And lastly, Evolution does not follow the laws of science
I say this because of how long scientists say evolution takes. Longer than a multitude of human lifetimes. The definition of Science is as follows: the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment. Some of you might already see the issue. The problem is, you CANNOT observe nor can you experiment with evolution.

Good day and God bless.
The problem with evolution and creationism, is that they are theories not fact. A mutation to generate limbs has never been proven or successfully recreated, which is true. This stumps evolutionists to this day. In the other hand god never appeared on national television to say "I did it". Faith is requires on both sides of the argument, and unless we can discover first hand proof either way, I doubt either can ever truly be considerd a fact

Newbie Hunter

7,650 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
saturnflair2009
The problem with evolution and creationism, is that they are theories not fact. A mutation to generate limbs has never been proven or successfully recreated, which is true. This stumps evolutionists to this day. In the other hand god never appeared on national television to say "I did it". Faith is requires on both sides of the argument, and unless we can discover first hand proof either way, I doubt either can ever truly be considerd a fact

This post isn't about trying to prove creationism. It's about disproving evolution. I just felt it was necessary for people to see the truth about it.

However, the Bible proves itself. It's a 2,000 year old collection of books that predicted the future of man kind that we see in this day and age. We are living in the last days prophesied in the Bible, and i think how blatently obvious that is, is enough proof for anyone.
saturnflair2009
The problem with evolution and creationism, is that they are theories not fact.

"There's the fact of evolution. Evolution (genetic change over generations) happens, just like gravity does. Don't take my word for it. Ask your science teacher, or google [sic] it. But that's not the issue we are addressing here. The Theory of Evolution by Natural Selection is our best explanation for the fact of evolution. It has been tested and scrutinised for over 150 years, and is supported by all the relevant observations."
- Evolution is Not Just a Theory: home
Fist of Eden
Most of the populus has already been deceived by this pulled-out-of-the-a** idea that we could have somehow came from something like a fish or even farther back, a bacteria.

There are some major issues with this.

The first flaw is most scientists dating systems. Now, when we think about dinosaurs we think about a few million years ago, maybe even further back. But there's SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE that proves dinosaurs haven't been extinct for even half of that long. If you do your research(a few minutes of it at that) you ill see that they discovered a dinosaur bone with tissue in it containing Carbon 14.

Actually, they didn't. I think I know which claim you're trying to make though. The soft-tissue structures were preserved by iron; there was no C-14.

Quote:
All you scientists out there know that Carbon 14's SCIENTIFIC LAW says that the longest it can be preserved without decaying is 200,000 years.

Any scientists who "know" what you just said are morons who know juffo-wup all about chemistry. No, seriously. C-14 is radioactive; it is ALWAYS decaying - and with a known half-life of 5730 years, it imposes a rough limit on the available time-table of about 50ky, not 200ky.

But C-14 isn't the only radioactive element used in dating; there are others, with much longer half-lives, which are also used. There is also a line - drawn at 70 million years - between isotopes: isotopes with longer half-lives than this occur naturally on earth; shorter, and they don't unless they have a known source to regenerate them (either as daughter products of other isotopes, or another known mechanism as with C-14.)

Quote:
Why do i mention dating systems?
The reason i mention the issues with dating is because evolution is supposed to take millions upon millions of years to go from bacteria to man. But scientists who believe in evolution will tell us man and dinosaurs did NOT exist at the same time. This causes some obvious inconsistencies.

Not counting Class Aves (birds are a modern branch of a theropod dinosaur clade,) which dinosaurs do you think actually did live with man? And, without referring to debunked evidence such as the Paluxy tracks and the Ica stones, can you supply evidence?

Quote:
This might confuse some people. But what I am saying here is that small scale evolution, natural selection, is which different traits are passed on to promote survival is real. However, the idea that something could, let's say, grow legs if its species usually doesn't have them-- this is utterly false. There is no scientific evidence to suggest it is possible and there is literally NO record of it in history.

Something could grow stubby appendages to push itself a little faster; the grandchildren of that something could have slightly longer appendages. A genetic anomaly in the grandchildren of those could provide some other adaptation that adds a weird feature to the appendage - a feature that proves useful. Given enough time, the appendages may well resemble what we call legs.

We see records supporting such things throughout prehistory.

A mutation could cause a bacterium to be capable of using the toxic waste of a Nylon factory as nutrients. Perhaps not efficiently, but that it can do it at all means it gets a niche all to itself, in which it can thrive. We see this one after 1937, because Nylon didn't exist before then.

Quote:
I say this because of how long scientists say evolution takes. Longer than a multitude of human lifetimes. The definition of Science is as follows: the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment. Some of you might already see the issue. The problem is, you CANNOT observe nor can you experiment with evolution.

We can, in fact, OBSERVE AND EXPERIMENT with evolution, even by your definition of science which demands that only direct observation and experiment can count. We simply use species (such as fruit flies) which advance generations much more quickly than we do.

Quote:
However, the Bible proves itself. It's a 2,000 year old collection of books that predicted the future of man kind that we see in this day and age.

Actually, it doesn't even predict contemporary events. But that has nothing to do with evolution. It also has very... INTERESTING things to say about population genetics.

drenchlaka's Spouse

The Bible, like every other religious text in the world, is mythology.

Myth.Ology.

Noob

Fist of Eden
The first flaw is most scientists dating systems. Now, when we think about dinosaurs we think about a few million years ago, maybe even further back. But there's SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE that proves dinosaurs haven't been extinct for even half of that long. If you do your research(a few minutes of it at that) you ill see that they discovered a dinosaur bone with tissue in it containing Carbon 14. All you scientists out there know that Carbon 14's SCIENTIFIC LAW says that the longest it can be preserved without decaying is 200,000 years.
What does this mean for the scientific method for dating fossils? It's complete and utter BS! It's an educated guessing game. If they don't get a number close to MILLIONS at least, they throw it out because they assume it can't be correct.

Scientists use radiometric dating, not carbon dating, for this. I say this ignoring the fact that none of what you've said in this quote is true.

Quote:

That's not how evolution works. In fact, "macro"evolution is nothing more than those small scale evolutions you've mentioned happening continuously for millions of years. This video might help you understand. It helped me a lot. emotion_yatta

Quote:

Actually, speciation has been observed numerous times.

Quote:
Good day and God bless.

God bless you too. smile

Noob

In Medias Res IV

Myth.Ology.

You're right. You act like mythology is equivalent to falsehood, though.

drenchlaka's Spouse

Cosmic Injustice
In Medias Res IV

Myth.Ology.

Only if someone wants to act like it's fact.

Noob

In Medias Res IV
Cosmic Injustice
In Medias Res IV

Myth.Ology.

All a "myth" is is a traditional story featuring the supernatural. A myth isn't, in and of itself, false.

drenchlaka's Spouse

Cosmic Injustice
In Medias Res IV
Cosmic Injustice
In Medias Res IV

Myth.Ology.

All a "myth" is is a traditional story featuring the supernatural. A myth isn't, in and of itself, false.

Thank you for unnecessarily explaining that. I'm well versed in the etymology of mythos and knowing that the veracity is a non-issue. However, the people who like to spout mythology as Truth need a dose of reality.

Noob

In Medias Res IV
Cosmic Injustice
In Medias Res IV
Cosmic Injustice
In Medias Res IV

Myth.Ology.

Thank you for unnecessarily explaining that. I'm well versed in the etymology of mythos and knowing that the veracity is a non-issue. However, the people who like to spout mythology as Truth need a dose of reality.

That they're mythology? What's the dose of reality? They should already know that, what with the fact that God is, by definition, supernatural.

drenchlaka's Spouse

Cosmic Injustice
In Medias Res IV
Cosmic Injustice
In Medias Res IV
Cosmic Injustice
In Medias Res IV

Myth.Ology.

That they're mythology? What's the dose of reality? They should already know that, what with the fact that God is, by definition, supernatural.

"The Bible is TRUTH"

Noob

In Medias Res IV
Cosmic Injustice
In Medias Res IV
Cosmic Injustice
In Medias Res IV

"The Bible is TRUTH"

Again, mythology is not necessarily false, so calling it a mythology does not dispute the claim, "The Bible is TRUTH."

Newbie Hunter

7,650 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Cosmic Injustice
Fist of Eden

Scientists use radiometric dating, not carbon dating, for this. I say this ignoring the fact that none of what you've said in this quote is true.

Quote:

That's not how evolution works. In fact, "macro"evolution is nothing more than those small scale evolutions you've mentioned happening continuously for millions of years. This video might help you understand. It helped me a lot. emotion_yatta

Quote:

Actually, speciation has been observed numerous times.

Quote:
Good day and God bless.

God bless you too. smile

you misunderstood me if you think i meant it happened over night. But everything i said in this is true. Do some research and you will see that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff