Welcome to Gaia! ::

Princess Legion

44,450 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Team Peyo 25
User Image

If you're not Kairi Nightingale or Logician Extraordinaire, (formerly Morgana the Demon Queen and xxNaturalxxDisasterxx), no posting please!
Feel free to read along and watch the ships set sail~ #Sangleo, #Althena & [the bromance] #PotatoEd~
Disclaimer: This is a non-profit fictional continuation of a previous group role-play experience. The setting and some characters are borrowed from role-plays and players outside of this thread. All characters belong to their respective owners. Furthermore, the views expressed in this work of fiction do not necessarily represent owners of characters or owners of this thread.

LES FANART

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

gaia_angelleft Althena and the Valkyhans gaia_angelright

Out for a Ride

yum_strawberry You've been PotatoEd! yum_strawberry

Introducing PotatoEd!

heart Sangleo is Love, Sangleo is Life heart

Dragon Glomp!

Dragon Kiss!

Dragon Cuddle!

Flowers?

Hug Me! Gif

Sangleo Huggle!

Sangleo Cuddle!

It was a Bet!

Princess Legion

44,450 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Team Peyo 25
User Image
•✾●●●●●✾••✾●●●●●✾••✾●●●●●✾••✾●●●●●✾•

User Image
Quoth the Raven
Shove off!

Here and there, little shops began to open up in town-a town all too unfamiliar for the hooded figure who roamed around with no true purpose. She had once had a role-to serve Odin and Freyja, transporting souls to their afterlife...Leaving some behind to heal and fight another day. But it was all too stressful and difficult for this valkyrie to choose. She hated knowing she was the singular factor in whether a mortal remained on Earth or was pulled into the following realm where they would have to grapple with the reality of their new life. So many would scream and moan, begging her to let them stay...Give them a chance. She didn't want it anymore...She had had enough.

As she journeyed to escape her life, she came upon a goddess who offered two routes. Be the servant...or be the valkyrie she always wanted to be. Now, here she was, being the happy and carefree girl she always wanted to be. Sometimes, he was the happy and carefree boy he always wanted to be...And sometimes, the valkyrie was the happy and carefree valkyrie they always wanted to be. It was easier to exist as whoever and whatever Athena wanted to be...Though few understood the entirety of their identity.

In the midst of wandering, she found a small shop that was open for breakfast time-perfect. Sitting at the counter, she ordered, "Earl Grey, a sweet roll, and some crackers please." She pulled a few coins from her coin purse, setting them down on the counter with a wide smile and nod. The valk tilted her head to the side, gently nuzzling the puff-ball of a raven hiding in the crook of her neck. "Thank you master Athena. Remember to-" "Crush the crackers and a smidge of the roll, of course dear Ed. Why do you think I order them?" She giggled after squawking softly back to him, knowing most thought her out of her mind...quite crazy to say the least. But never mind everyone else-she loved Ed more than anyone or anything else. "Master Athena, did you see the swallow chirping in the willow? Quite the feathers, eh? I wonder if he is into the whole raven thing..."

Her tea was served and she brought out a vial from her satchel, pouring the smallest portion of homemade honey she had on her. Stirring it, she nodded now and then to acknowledge Ed. But boy did that bird know how to ramble...Sometimes, she couldn't get a word in edge-wise. Such was life with him, and she wouldn't trade him for anything. He was her singular constant companion. Athena took a sip from the tea, crushing the crackers in her other hand. She held her arm out so Edgar could waddle his way down her arm onto the table-most didn't mind him on the table...After all, he was clean and harmless. Well, at least, harmless when she was keeping a close eye. "There you are dear Ed. Perhaps some peace and quiet now?" The bird chirped approval and began pecking away at the crumbs.

Taking a few sips, she looked around the cafe and out the window where the town began to get busy. Perhaps it was a market day? She sure loved to talk with people. Positive talks, of course. She almost felt as if her new life's mission was to spread happiness, laughter, and smiles. Some welcomed her positive attitude...Others thought her the most irritating. To each their own... She thought to herself.

After tea and her roll, she thanked the man behind the counter before taking Edgar back up onto her shoulder and leaving. The valkyrie wandered once more in the town, whistling softly to keep Ed's incessant squawking at bay. Sometimes, it put him into a trance, and she could have moments of quietness to herself. Less so for thinking, moreso to hear the bustle and conversations of the people around her. She was grateful not to hear souls crying anymore. Instead, she heard the laughter of young ones, the whispers between the guardians...She caught wind that some new people had arrived in the forest and were on their way here? Perhaps she could greet them! And with that thought, she hurriedly weaved her way to the entrance of the town. Athena waited patiently for the new comers, willing and able to help should they need it.

All we do is hide away
All we do is chase the day
All I wanna be is whites in waves
All we do is play it safe
All we do is live inside a cage
All I did was fail today

Princess Legion

44,450 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Team Peyo 25
Alroy Flynn Reid

At the very edge of the woods just outside the town, an eerie mist rolled in, dimming the sunlight. A tall figure dressed in light armor and a long red coat sat atop a large, black horse. Woodland creatures in the area fell silent at the dark presence. The horse's glowing eyes pierced glaringly through the light fog but stood stock-still as the rider assessed the town gates, his missing head tucked tightly under one arm, peering through the armored visor he wore that masked most of his face.

Finally, after a long while, the horse shifts impatiently.

"Patience, my friend, these things take time to think out..."

The horse's ears flicked back and he snorts.

"Hey! It so has not been half an hour! Look, we've never been to a busy town in full daylight before. I need to be strategic about it... No, it has nothing to do with being shy! I'm trying to decide how to look at unintimidating as possible. If you want to-.... What? Well, I was thinking about taking my helmet off, actually... I said it wasn't because I'm shy! It's for protection! What if they freak out? They always freak out... I know I have a shield but I think keeping my weapons away would be best."

He sighs.

"Maybe this is a bad idea after all... No, I am not making excuses nor have I changed my mind! I want to go! I just... Don't you sass me, horse! You remember the last time we tried something like this. I'm just worried about-"

The horse gives a shake of his mane and starts walking forward toward the gate.

"H-hey! Wait! For all that is Celtic and holy, I'm not ready yet! Stop!!"

He sets his head down on a specially-made nook at the front of the saddle where he wouldn't fall and began trying to get off his horse. But in his hurry and lack of sight, his foot gets caught in the stirrup and he falls flat on his chest. The horse stops and turns his head as his body clumsily turns itself around.

"I'm alright. Just... my foot is stuck. Hold on..."

Before he can unravel his boot, the horse begins moving again, dragging his struggling body along.

"Hey! You gotta be joking; I can't go in there like this!" The horse flicked his tail. "Less intimidating!? That's not what I mean when I-... Old Potato, if you don't stop right now, I swear to mother of all Fae that I'll spirit you away! I mean it this time! Five hundred years!"

The horse didn't even slow his approach towards the gates.

"A thousand years! ...Two thousand years? ...Ten thousand years! Morrigan take you, Old Potato, I will banish you for fifteen thousand years this time!... Please, stop...."

With: His horse
Parts accounted for: Head, Body, Horse
OOC: His helmet covers the entire upper half of his face and is secured on via a leather chinstrap. There's another leather strap around the back of the helmet that is used as a handle by him and his horse.

User Image User Image

Princess Legion

44,450 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Team Peyo 25
User Image

User Image
Quoth the Raven
Shove off!

Fixing her dress, Athena began to get tired of hearing Edgar go on and on about that singular swallow he had seen in the willow. For Freyja sake...How many more possible scenarios could he pose of meeting said male-bird and charm the feathers off of him? "Can you imagine the way he would feel should I bring him the feather of a crow? Oh master Athena, you cannot tell me that isn't the most charming thing... He cackled, strutting back and forth on her shoulder. Some days, she wondered why she put up with him...But after all, she couldn't up and leave him alone. He made her happy after all, and he couldn't very well fly and find himself another group of feathery companions.

"I can only imagine. Do you think you could manage to transport it? She giggled, willing to entertain him for a few moments. "A crow's feather? I would do my very best if it meant I could speak with my fellow bird. Perhaps you could lurk in the background to make sure I made it safe? Though, I don't feel quite so comfortable knowing you're watching me charm away...Assure my safety and leave, Master Athena-that would be the only way." The raven bobbed his head back and forth. Athena only knew that he was thinking he was smooth and brilliant all in one feathered package. She had heard him say it more times than she could count on four mortal appendages. "Anything for you, my sweet companion."

The valkyrie scratched him on the chest, feeling his foot shaking like a dog's would when hitting their sweet spot. She snorted in amusement-knowing he did that solely to hear her laugh...He was quite good at that. "Remind me, what was the last poultice I made?" She pulled out her book of healing as sold by a local apothecary she came across, and flipped through the few pages she knew she had done already. "That goopy brown one with the leaves and twigs you made me get. That was the most disgusting thing I ever laid my beady eyes on! And you smeared it on yourself...Sweet mother Freyja, do NOT-I repeat to you-DO NOT make that one again. You stunk up the room for days...And you look like some swamp monster's baby!"

Her conversation was quickly cut short when she heard the ruckus of some creature and his master. She felt Edgar shiver and run to her neck for protection. Something seemed...To bother him. "Edgar, what is the matter?" But as she spoke, she saw the figures come to view. It appeared...a headless man being dragged by his horse companion. The valkyrie rushed over, holding Edgar against her neck ever so gently but enough so he wouldn't fly off her shoulder and hit the floor. That had happened a few times when they first became friends...Edgar was not a pleasant bird when he began falling from so high up.

"Whoa there spirit. Pray, stop a moment." Athena held up her arms. She would have placed it on his snout if he weren't so high off the ground. Then she remembered...Duh...You have wings, silly Valk. She flapped her wings and rose off the ground, just high enough that she was still below and non-threatening to the horse. Her delicate fingers ran along his snout, and she hushed softly, a brilliant smile on her face. "You two are like a hot mess if ever I did see one. What? Did he forget that his bottom is suppose to be in the saddle? Or did you find it amusing to drag along your companion as so? If I pecked at Master Athena, she would be boiling me in a soup so fast..." The feathered creature managed to waddle his way down Athena's outstretched arm onto the horse's face. He kept walking until he found a presumably comfortable spot between the horses ears-where he proceeded to plop down and burrow. His robust body and feathers covered the traces of feet, and he closed his eyes. If birds could smirk...

Knowing Ed would distract the horse, her light feet hit the ground and she knelt to check on the headless man. Where was his head? Athena traced her way to the source of the problem, and slowly began to undo his foot. When it came free, she didn't catch it in time before it fell to the ground with a rather loud thud. "Oh my gosh, are you alright? I didn't mean for that..." She fell to her knees and looked where his head would be, and realized that she had forgotten his head wasn't attached. Heat rose to her cheeks and she helped the body of the man up onto his feet. She took a few steps back, her hands twisting into the sleeves of her cloak. The poor girl was thoroughly embarrassed...

Clumsy and forgetful-quite the opposite to Ed. When she finally found the nerve to look up, she did. The man was dauntingly tall and dark, starkly different from her light and short figure. "I meant to greet all who came by...Hi there..." She winced at her comment, feeling suddenly idiotic and childish. She forced a smile up at him before looking to the floor again. He hates me, I know he hates me...

All we do is hide away
All I did was fail today

Princess Legion

44,450 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Team Peyo 25
Alroy Flynn Reid

The dullahan had given up on dissuading his forceful companion, crossing his arms and bracing himself for the upcoming humiliation and chaos that will undoubtedly ensue once people saw the shadowy beast of a horse dragging a headless body behind it. If he was lucky, they'd mistake him for dead at first. Then again, it'd be rather inconvenient if they tried to bury him and his head in a grave. Yet he dreaded the alternative outcome - they realizing he was actually alive - far more from prior experience.

But before they could even truly enter the town, a soothing, feminine voice, erupted from somewhere up ahead, stopping his companion in his tracks.

Here it comes..., Alroy thought.

Old Potato shied way from her hands at first but allowed the lass to touch him and then, as if as an afterthought, added a low, reluctant nicker in greeting. He was being somewhat pleasant for now on Alroy's account but his master only shut his eyes, waiting for inevitable scream when the girl finally noticed what was dragging behind him.... But it didn't come.

He opened one eye at the girl's words of concern, thinking at first it must have been aimed at Old Potato and she hadn't found the body yet. But he only watched in stunned silence as he found that she finally appeared in his view, addressing his body in her strong, but pleasantly rhythmic accent. She was not little in age but still short and slim, with hair like rivers of moonlight flowing down her back and feathery wings at her back.

Had she... just not noticed he was headless? But that couldn't be right, either, since she not only freed his leg but offered to help him up - even apologized for his foot hitting the ground even though it didn't hurt him one bit.

He got numbly to his feet but it was a few minutes before he realized how awkward he was making her feel. It was no wonder, with how stiffly he was standing, hovering over the wee lass like some brute. But how can he make it better? He tried leaning back more casually and waffled a bit on what to do with his arms - crossing them was no good and he had no pockets to place them in - so he put them both on his hips. Gah, it was worse! Now it looked like he was mad or something.

I know! I should say something! Respond! Uh... He opened his mouth a couple times to speak but he couldn't find the words. What kind of greeting should he give? She still hadn't noticed where his head was on the saddle - probably because of how much higher his horse's back was than the girl. Should he do a greeting gesture, and then say something? What did people do around here? Bow, shake hands, touch faces? He had no idea.

He glanced at Old Potato for help but he was busy trying to halfheartedly shake off the plump little raven that now adorned his head.

Okay, enough over-thinking this, Alroy. Just do it. I'm going to do it. I'm going to say something.

"Hi... there?"

Good start! Keep it simple, Alroy. You can do this.

He hoped the helmet hid his immense blush as he fumbled for something more to say.

"Um... Sorry to have... bothered you about this. My horse is... uh... Do you... come around here often?"

Wait, wasn't that a pick up line? Oh, gods, what am I thinking? As if I wasn't already creepy enough - she's going to definitely leave now. If she doesn't punch me first, that is. Gah, I finally meet someone who didn't go running for the hills at the first sight of me and I screw it up! Goodbye society! Don't forget your torches and pitchforks to hunt me with later!

And then he heard another voice pop up - another woman coming towards him. As if this wasn't humiliating enough with one person. He hadn't been ready for this; He was stupid for thinking he could handle a city of people when he hadn't even spoken with one person in so long. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Mission failed, Old Potato, retreat! Retreat!

With: His horse, a short but beautiful girl, some other woman he can't quite see yet, and a plucky, plump ball of feathers.
OOC: His helmet covers the entire upper half of his face and is secured on via a leather chinstrap. There's another leather strap around the back of the helmet that is used as a handle by him and his horse.

User Image User Image

Princess Legion

44,450 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Team Peyo 25
User Image

User Image
Quoth the Raven
Shove off!

Athena blinked a few times when she realized how difficult a time he was having speaking. His mouth opened but left nothing but silence between them. He had even gone to the extent of looking over at his companion for some sort of...Support or help in the matter? Her eyes followed his gaze and fell on the horse attempting to shake off Edgar. It wasn't much of an effort, more just to make it apparent that the little feathered friend was a nuisance. That's when Athena hopped up, her wings helping her hover, and grabbed Edgar off the horse's head. "Be polite, you know he doesn't like that." She chirped softly as she landed once more on the ground, glancing over at the headless man. He thinks I'm so lunatic doesn't he? Talking to a bird as a bird would another...

"If he very well doesn't like that, wouldn't ya think he'd try a bit harder to get me off? No one can resist the charm and warmth of the ever talkative, ridiculously smooth and suave raven! Besides, that horse is a mean one. You can tell in those glowing eyes of his... The little bird shook his feathers, almost as if to mimic a shiver down his spine at how 'creepy' the horse was to him. The valk bit her lip, wanting to argue with Ed about his lack thereof manners-though she did hate to scold him. Instead, she sighed and placed him back on her shoulder, turning to the man she was speaking to.

He had hardly spoken a few words, and she nodded encouragingly when he said hi. It was a good start, and slowly but surely, her confidence and happiness reappeared. It hit her then that she was nodding to the body-where was the head? The girl perked her ears and looked around, the glint of metal catching her eye. She faced that way, hardly being able to see much more than an ear or cheek. If she wasn't mistaken...His face was tinted a rather dark shade of crimson. This made her smile even wider, and she couldn't help but shift around to get a better look. Ever so charming the way a man blushes...

"I fear if anything at all, I am the one to apologize. My companion isn't the most ideal-" "NOT THE MOST IDEAL!? Master Athena! But if my company is so tiresome to you... "Hush Ed, you know I love you. You are the most frustratingly perfect companion for me. Let me speak now, this man and his horse are distressed." "You upset me..." She could hear the pout in his voice as he attempted to flap his way back to horse. Athena felt guilty, and it showed in her face as she took him from the air and helped him back up.

Smiling once again, though apologetically as it were, she continued. "Excuse him, he throws little tantrums once in aw-" "Tantrums? You want to see a tantrum? I have hardly scratched the surface of a tantrum, Master Athena! You wait until I-" She balled up her hands into little fists, though to most, it was most likely the least threatening thing you could ever see. A five foot two valkyrie with the countenance of young one, balling her proportionately small hands into what looked to be fists...She knew one day she would be a laughing stock."Edgar, dear. Quiet as your master speaks with the gentleman. As I was saying, I apologize for his behavior. The rambunctious sort he is..." The valkyrie giggled, looking away shyly for a few seconds as she did.

"My name is Athena, and I have been in this city for two day's time. Really, I have not much a clue where everything is here-but perhaps we may explore together just what this city holds for the four of us." She said sweetly. She turned from him, stretching her wings as she ran a hand along the neck of his horse friend. She kissed him softly to keep him calm, to show that horses had a special place in her heart and mind before tentatively reaching for the reins. "No worry, dear spirit. My name is Athena, and loud as Edgar is, he is harmless. Quite sassy-you should watch out for his attitude-" "Yeah, can't say that ain't the truth..."

It was then that she heard the woman's voice, asking if they were new. She seemed to have appeared out of nowhere-and clearly unafraid of such rare and beautiful creatures as the headless man and his horse were. It struck her odd that the woman wasn't staring away in awe. Perhaps she had once come across such a unique being? Athena nodded briefly, suddenly at a loss for words. Speaking with the dullahan seemed so easy given he was more flustered and upset than she...But the moment another confident being waltzed into a conversation, her own confidence was shot to hell, her voice lost in her little throat.

All we do is hide away
All I did was fail today

Princess Legion

44,450 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Team Peyo 25
Alroy Flynn Reid

"I... uh... we're..." Alroy couldn't get the words out of his mouth to answer the strange girl who he had now realized sported a pair of cat-like ears on her head.

She had heard people and thought to check it out? But the city was full of people and they hadn't been causing a ruckus, had they? Was this some kind of custom he didn't know about? He was confused.

And yet again, this cat-woman didn't seem to notice his headless stature or at least didn't seem to show it, which was very odd. Dullahans were rare even in the Emerald Isle and few ever left their homeland.

He glanced at Athena for help but she seemed just as distraught at the cat-woman's presence as he. Had they done something wrong after all? Was this woman a guard of some kind, come to check up on things under the pretense of being concerned? That made sense but what had he done wrong?

Old Potato's ability to remain calm was steadily draining as his master's anxiety skyrocketed. He may be his own individual, but his master's feelings still reflected upon the steed and soon the horse had all but forgotten the bird working his way back up his back as he focused his glaring eyes at the woman, pawing the ground.

"Shhhh...." Alroy whispered, trying to maintain a calm he didn't feel and his horse knew it.

It only worsened as another person approached... and another. Two men and a woman. It was too much. He wasn't ready for this, he never should have came here. He was going to mess up bad if he didn't leave now, and Old Potato was losing patience fast. His master was fearful. A dullahan caused fear - never succumbed to it. It was wrong - very wrong, and the horse couldn't take it anymore.

When one of the female strangers approached and held out her hand, Alroy quickly stepped forward.

"No, don't!"

But it was too late. The horse snapped, letting out a screech and nearly chomping at the girl's hand before stamping both feet.

Alroy's body made a grab for the reins but missed as the horse reared at the brown-haired girl, almost high enough to knock Alroy's head from nook in the front of the saddle. Athena's bird, who had been up Old Potato's neck, wasn't so lucky, rolling back only to get caught on Alroy's face and visor before falling right in the front of the nook, under Alroy's chin, as the horse went down on all fours again.

"Hang on, bird," Alroy said, desperately hoping Athena's companion wouldn't fall off as Old Potato charged at each of the people in an attempt to push each back and away from Alroy's body and Athena, who still stood right next to him.

Alroy saw each of the faces of the people staring and lamented. He'd ruined his chance again. He had to go, had to leave, before he actually hurt someone, made it even worse and his horse, sharing the intensity of his feelings, circled back around once and dashed mindlessly through the gates towards the forest once more. Alroy's body followed suit, his long legs carrying him in a beeline after his horse too fast for anyone to keep up.

But after entering the edge of the forest Alroy soon lost track of his doings as his crashed through the forest, any impeding branches leaning out of the way of the enraged spirit horse before returning to their natural positions. However, a trail of fog had whipped up behind the horse's feet as Old Potato kept running until he reached a clearing, Alroy breathing heavy, calming breaths as his horse trotted around the clearing before finally coming to a stop. He had almost completely forgotten about the bird still clinging to the edge of saddle in front of Alroy's head.

With: His horse, a short girl with wings, plucky, plump ball of feathers, a girl with animal ears, a guy with long hair, a guy with short hair, and another girl with long hair (TL;DR: way too many people)
OOC: Y'all crowded the unfriendly spirit horse who doesn't like crowds. >.> Potato Rages!

User Image User Image

Princess Legion

44,450 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Team Peyo 25
User Image

User Image
Quoth the Raven
Shove off!

And before Athena even had a moment to breathe, everything crashed down on her world like the apocalypse. The cat-woman was concerned…But for what reason? The two had everything taken care of, had they not? Athena thought she was doing a wonderous job…Not until she was questioned. And that made her question herself. Was she actually doing a good job? Or was the horse still frightened? Or was the man truly hurt without her knowing or understanding? The thoughts rolled around in her head, beginning to shut down what happiness had appeared.

She saw the poor headless man look to her, and her face was pulled into a look of utter confusion and pain. Finally, for once in her short time there the valkyrie had a moment with a man so kind and sweet; despite his rather odd entrance. Her confidence had skyrocketed-even to the point of being able to converse and comfort him…All to have it shot down as more and more people joined their initial group of four.

The little girl hushed the horse, feeling his distress emanating and darkening his aura. Was it of her doing? "Dear spirit…Everything is quite-" But before she had a moment to finish, a woman ran over to the horse. "Sweet Freyja, have mercy on your soul creature…Athena froze in fear-the worst time of all to touch an upset horse would be now. Even the valkyrie was going to take a few steps away, afraid that the spirit would buck and hurt her. She wasn't one to push one to their limits, and it was more than clear in the body language of the animal that his boundaries-his rules- were well overstepped by all the beings who began to crowd around.

Almost as if time was playing in slow motion, she sidestepped as the horse shied away, making the most painful sound Athena had ever heard. She loved horses, loved them nearly more than her own Edgar; and to hear that level of anguish, that level of anxiety…It nearly broke her old heart.

She knew the two had had enough, but who was she to beg them to stay? Even for her, a being generally unaffected by others around, felt the overwhelming and abrupt succession of events. One moment she was speaking with this shy man-she had a feeling hardly ever spoke to anyone given the way he could barely utter a coherent sentence-the next, a woman appeared curious to their intentions in the city; then another man with dead animals on his back…And a brown-haired woman who clearly didn't understand the nature of distraught animals.

As she finally was able to collect her thoughts and feelings, the horse charged off into the forest with her feathered friend and the body of the dullahan trailing after. They had taken Ed, and she softly prayed for his safety before her sense of calm collapsed beneath her. "How dare you all! To rush upon two beings conversing as if you have the right to waltz in and ruin any possible moment they were having! Ever heard of manners? You all should be ashamed!" Athena's body was heaving and shaking uncontrollably, having exerted more energy on her least favorite activity-reprimanding for bad behavior. But after everything…She liked to believe it was warranted. They should be ashamed for their behavior. "Completely and utterly careless with your actions. Think about others before yourself. I pray for all of you that this happens to no one else. And should it, may Odin and Freyja have mercy on your souls. Shameless, you all are really…" Her last words were but a whisper as she muttered a string of Old Norse words in a tone sharper than a knife-presumably they were curses, and the worst of them at that.

The valkyrie ran off after the small trail they had left, feeling her rage drain, replaced by her worry for her sweet Edgar. She hadn't yet gotten the names of the man and his horse…She sure hoped he, too, was alright. The despair in his face for finally having come out of his shell, or so she imagined that is what he was conveying to her…Much like the screech emitted by his horse companion, it broke her heart. Her breathing turned into heavy panting as she frantically began to run faster, more and more concerned she might not see any of them again. Thankfully, she found the horse in the clearing.

Athena stopped short, completely out of breathe-but she couldn't help but blurt, "Are you alright? I am…So sorry." She had brought her hands up together, her fingers interlocking themselves. She looked to be on the brink of tears, the utmost sympathy in her voice. The girl kept her voice sweet and as calm as could be expected- more for the sake of the horse than anything else. She hoped to Vahalla above that he wouldn't run again. Yet, she didn't blame him in the slightest should that be his automatic reaction. "There, there boy…My Master means no harm. She will take care of you." Edgar had held onto the man's head for dear life; but since they were at a stop, the raven found enough nerve to climb back up the horse's neck. He wanted to comfort him…He may be sassy, but he wasn't heartless. The feathered friend walked up slowly, nuzzling himself against the companion's ear. He chirped softly before settling once more.

All we do is hide away
All I did was fail today

Princess Legion

44,450 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Team Peyo 25
Alroy Flynn Reid

Alroy had closed his eyes and was still calming himself and lamenting his actions as he felt his body following the path towards the clearing. No obstacle could obstruct a Dullahan's path, and so despite not seeing where he was, he knew that if he just kept walking in the right direction, his body would arrive unhindered through the woodland brush. And he was soon proved correct as his armored figure appeared through the trees, but Alroy did little more than sigh and cross his arms before leaning against one of the trunks.

Old Potato was still periodically pacing the clearing, stopping to paw at the ground, frustration still welling inside the spirit horse at how close his master had been to finally getting along with someone when the unnerving crowd had appeared, but Alroy hushed him.

If they were so easily freaked out at the sight of three or four newcomers suddenly approaching him, there was no way Alroy would survive the city. He needed to start smaller - much smaller - if he wanted any hope of experiencing civilized society. But he was done with this place - that was for sure. The woman who had shown him the path had given him a chance and he had failed at it.

He played with the idea of returning to Ireland - revisiting some common ground to recollect himself - when Old Potato's ears pricked up and a familiar voice reached Alroy's ear.

On instinct, Old Potato shied away from Athena as his master revisited his shameful behavior. But all thoughts of fleeing left his mind when he looked at her - Athena had the most heart-wrenching expression he had ever seen adorn a face, and all thoughts of fleeing left his mind.

Old Potato, too, seemed to hesitate as the bird cuddled against his ear and chirped. Old Potato snorted, still unnerved, but did not attempt to shake the bird off this time, and managed to finally stand still.

She can't possibly blame herself for my actions...? thought Alroy, incredulously.

"N-no, don't... I mean...you... grr...." He cursed himself as even now the right words escaped him, too many similar thoughts fighting to come out of his mouth at the same time. He stopped, and took a deep breath, once again grateful that his helmet helped conceal his no-doubt pathetically flustered expression as he made a second attempt to reply. "Don't be sorry. You did nothing wrong. I should be sorry! That you had to witness that.... I did not mean to upset you. Especially when you were... well, so kind to me."

His body left its place by the tree and hesitantly took a few steps closer to her before offering a small bow as Alroy closed his eyes apologetically. "I hope you can forgive me..."

With: Athena, and Edgar

User Image User Image

Princess Legion

44,450 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Team Peyo 25
User Image

User Image
Quoth the Raven
Shove off!

The moment she heard his voice speak to her again, her eyes closed. They had welled with tears from the rollercoaster experience she had just had-leaving her the most emotional wreck she had been since the last war she had to serve in. She wiped them away before they broke the surface, still unsure whether she could open them again to look at any of the creatures now in the clearing. "Master Athena, are you crying? Don't cry!" He pushed off from the horse's head and flapped his wings, putting all his effort into flying toward her.

The valkyrie couldn't help but smile, rushing over to her raven friend. He...Wasn't much a flyer- in fact, he hardly could fly at all as evidenced by his movement one foot in her direction. That would be good...If he wasn't only a few feet off the ground at that point. The effort he put in to comfort her lightened the heaviness in her chest that she felt after the entire ordeal. Catching him in her hands, she held him tight against her chest, down on her knees only a foot from the horse and the man's head.

Looking up, she saw the sheer strength and presence of the horse she had attempted to befriend. Unsure how he felt now, the connection somewhat severed, she got up onto her feet and took a number of steps backward to give him space. It's a hard thing to rush friendships with rational human beings and humanoid creatures alike, but to rush the company of a spirit horse such as his? That was an unimaginably painful mistake-obviously.

Her head had been down looking at the ground before he had spoken. She, herself, had felt ashamed. For what reason? Athena wasn't sure; but something in her heart made her feel guilty and awful. But as he addressed her, he tried to assure her it wasn't her that was the problem, and that he should be the one sorry. The girl heard in his words his genuineness, this subtle hint of caring in his voice. He had hesitated at first, and she could only guess that perhaps he had never expressed something of this intensity to another. Well given that he could hardly speak...This must be the largest step he has ever made. Are we taking this step together? she thought to herself, feeling the tears itch the back of her eyes again.

He bowed to her, asking for forgiveness. This sent her over the edge, tears falling down her face like never before. "Master Athena...Please, Princess. Don't cry... Edgar nipped at her chin softly to calm her, squawking to get her attention. Athena bit her lip, vigorously wiping her eyes. She was making a fool of herself in front of some man she didn't even know the name of...And yet that admission of emotion felt right in the moment. "Forgive you? There is...Nothing to forgive." She whispered, moving closer to the body.

She glanced over at his head on the horse, feeling the butterflies rise to her throat. Before losing her nerve, she walked to his body, a few moment's hesitation as she looked up to the tall figure. The valkyrie's wings shook, the slightest gesture of happiness as she smiled. He made her...Happy. And to say he only made her happy would be the greatest understatement of all time. Her arms reached out, shaking though they were, and wrapped around his body. Athena leaned into him, pressing the side of her head to his chest, her eyes closed blissfully, her heart pounding against her breasts. Perhaps he knew what to do...Or maybe he didn't. But she wouldn't let go unless the horse chomped on her wings and forced her away. She felt some odd connection to him, weak and unreturned as of now... But she knew the potential in it, and hoped this little hug would do that connection some good.

All we do is hide away
All I did was fail today

Princess Legion

44,450 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Team Peyo 25
Alroy Flynn Reid

Despite his long, long life, Alroy had only recently begun experiencing such things as guilt and regret - particularly since he began reconsidering his path and destiny in this world as a spirit of darkness. Yet even then, he had never felt any sense of guilt as intense and painful as the feeling now engulfing his every limb.

Here was a girl who had not looked at him in fear and hate but in concern and helped him without judgement despite the way he looked.

And the poor lass was crying.

He'd made her cry and could only stare helplessly as his mind raced to figure out what he had done wrong yet again. Was bowing a rude gesture? Did he say the wrong words? He'd never had to apologize to anyone before - never felt the need and got the opportunity at the same time. He'd never been so honest with expressing his feelings in words and to see that it had made her feel worse just broke his heart.

He cursed himself a thousand times over for just standing there like an right idiot as even her plump and very nearly flightless bird made the effort of comforting her. Even Old Potato, content with having his space and keeping his calm, had turned his head at the girl's tears, and yet Alroy himself barely took a step towards her before halting. If he could not even ask for forgiveness right, what would his touch do? Surely he'd be crossing boundaries and he wasn't even sure what he'd actually do once by her side anyway.

"I'm sorry... don't... cry... anymore. Please..."

He bit his lip when she stood, wondering in despair if she was going to leave now. She had her bird and no reason to stay - especially when he had already upset her so much. He wasn't sure if he could take watching her - the one person who gave him a chance to be something other than a fearsome headless spirit that wreaked havoc on those unlucky enough to cross his path in the dead of night - leaving him all alone again. Alroy had never been good at keeping track of time, but he did know it had been a long while since he started actively trying to speak with others. The thought of how much longer he would have to wait before he had another chance with someone as open and kind as her set the heaviest kind of despair upon his heart.

But then she spoke, and his despair turned into mild confusion as he watched from his spot on the horse's saddle as she approached his body. Nothing to forgive? But he had caused such chaos....

"So... you're... not upset?" he asked in almost a whisper, right before the girl wrapped her arms around his waist and held him close.

He stiffened, arms out and stunned at the sudden contact- experiencing a feeling not unlike wild electricity shooting through every nerve at her touch. No one really touched him before with the exception of a weapon swinging his way. He didn't know if this was good or bad or why she was doing it in the first place. But to his eventual realization, it wasn't really unpleasant. Even through his coat and armor it felt... nice to be embraced this way - any discomfort stemming purely from his own awkwardness at it all.

He decided to wait it out at first and his face was flushed once more as she continued to cling to him even after several moments had passed. What was she trying to do? Was he expected to return a gesture? How? He was reluctant to lay his hands anywhere on her, for fear of crossing a boundary or doing something socially unacceptable.

His eyes glanced at Old Potato for help but the horse merely flicked his tail in a manner that carried the same meaning as a shrug and took a couple steps closer for Alroy to have a better view before leaning his head down to nibble at some grass, content with his minimal amount of assistance.

Alroy gave his horse an irritated look that went ignored by the beast before he turned his attention back to the situation at hand. His feet shifted slightly, his hands all but waving in the air as he tried to decide what to do with them.

"Um..."

He ended up poking at her shimmering silver hair before very, very lightly putting a hand on her head and gently pushing her slightly back so he could see more of her face.

"Uh, I'm sorry... Please don't get upset but... I really don't know what to do right now," he said, anxious that his ignorance once again may cost him.

With: Athena and Edgar
OOC: Awkward Huggles~

User Image User Image

Princess Legion

44,450 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Team Peyo 25
User Image

User Image
Quoth the Raven
Shove off!

The girl had resolved in helping the dullahan in any way possible-and it appeared he needed aid in socialization more than anything else. Her tears had ceased as he asked his question, and she only thought for a moment before whispering a response, "Upset, yes. I cry as an expression of my sorrow. However, I am not mournful of your action; but rather the extreme anguish you and your companion felt as a result of the careless actions of others. I...Had an outburst shortly after. I do hope I am forgiven by the gods for such drastic and negative behavior. Reprimanding is the least of my favorite things. But I think it quite warranted given the way they approached someone as bewildered as you were. You'd think they'd seen a creature like you everyday..." It was then that she realized she had begun to ramble on, and frankly, did he care? Her decisions and opinions weren't much his concern, and surely, he was too frazzled to tell her so.

Athena's smile was the greatest grin the world had ever seen from such stereo typically serious and morose being. It had been small at first, just content with the small gesture of gratefulness. Albeit, he had yet to return the embrace-much to be expected. This was the most anxious, awkward, uncomfortable creature she had ever met, and perhaps even her actions were rushed. She fought herself to step back and give him space, apologize for the intimate and forward move on her part, and be on her way. After all, Edgar was safe in her care once more. What was stopping her?

His body tensed in her arms, and her eyes flew open, frozen again in fear as she had shortly before. Was he going to hit her or push her away? His kind weren't the sweetest beings on this Earth, then again, neither were hers. Had they both changed themselves to be who they wanted to be all along? She hadn't experienced his kind more than once before...Was her friendliness making him uneasy? Perhaps he needed to be taught what it was she was doing-and he only confirmed that in his next statement.

The valkyrie had felt his hand on her head, pushing it away from his chest. It was surprisingly gentle, almost as if he viewed her as a fragile doll made of porcelain. She hadn't felt this level of kindness from anyone-let alone a man- in...She never had. Men were rough 'savages' (really, they just had a more physical way of life) where she was from. There was a tender side to a headless horseman? Just the thought amused her, and she giggled as her eyes looked up to where his head would be. His head is still not on his body... The embarrassment continued, rising to show and tint her cheeks a rosy pink.

Shifting her body with his to look over at the helmeted head, she looked on at him in the most compassionate and understanding way. Her eyes sparkled in revelation, piecing together parts of him that he had exposed in only a few simple words. He probably didn't know how much those words meant something to her... "It is part of the mortal culture, and much like you, I did not know what it was either. It is an embrace to express many things. Sympathy, warmth, physical attraction, protection, and for me...understanding. It's called...Edgar, I have forgotten the term. What do they call it?" "A hug, Master Athena. If laying down together with one prone on or next to the one supine with arms around, they call that cuddling. Various positions of course..."

The raven had nestled in her neck as he so often did, the quietest thrum of happiness in his chest and throat. "A hug." She finished. Not sure if eye contact made him apprehensive, she turned back to his body. Athena unlocked her arms from him and reached up above her head where his arms were. Her hands were visibly trembling, a mixture of adrenaline and anxiety running through her. She took his arms and slowly brought them down. He was like a huge statue-in stature and inflexibility. There was, she knew, a heart in there somewhere despite all that had happened; and she was determined to make it jump start like never before.

She brought them down around her shoulders, positioning his hands underneath her hair on her neck and on her head as if to cradle her in his arms. She even managed to weave his fingers between a few of her tresses. "It is weird at first...But oddly comforting. They last for a short time, a few seconds sometimes; or can be as long as desired by both parties. If you want to stop now...It's really okay. I could only imagine what you must me thinking. I'm a lunatic, aren't I?" Her arms wrapped around his waist and lower torso once more, and she leaned against him in the same way. The girl closed her eyes, focusing in on the energy around them. She wanted to see the darkness lift from their auras, to be relieved of all stress. Simply to exist in this moment...Entertain the idea of happiness, serenity, and inner peace.
Kairi Nightingale

All we do is hide away
All I did was fail today

Princess Legion

44,450 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Team Peyo 25
Alroy Flynn Reid

His body relaxed slightly at her words, relief flooding through him. She wasn't upset with him after all, nor resentful. And that she had even tried to defend his actions to the others... that she even now seemed to so easily accept his anxiety without question or judgement. He still felt guilty for having failed to control himself, of course, but selfish as it may be, he was just so happy to have not scared such a wonderfully caring creature away.

He hung on to her every word as she explained what she was doing.

"Understanding...?" he repeated quietly. So that was it. She was actually trying to comfort him... Assure him that she understood his feelings and that everything was alright... He forced his nervous body to relax even more, allowing her to move his hands where she wanted until he was gently holding her. Dullahan anatomy was more magic than biological, but he did have a heart of sorts and he felt it hammering so hard in his chest he wondered if she could hear it.

So this was how you hugged someone... He closed his eyes. As she had warned, it was... rather intimidating at first honestly, but it soon felt comfortable and calming having someone so close and his nervousness dimmed dramatically. All these years and he had never experienced anything like this - not once. Such a common social convention by how Athena spoke of it and yet so wonderful. And he had no idea about it - would still have no idea if it weren't for the young woman sharing her embrace right now.

At her last words, for the first time he was rather quick to reply. "No...no, you're no lunatic, my lady... Can I... stay like this a bit longer?"

A different feeling welled up within him the like he never experienced before. It was strongest in his chest, but his throat also tightened and his eyes felt like they were swelling, though nothing came of it. He wasn't sad or upset... how could he be? He was interacting with someone for the first time - not listening to songs and stories told around campfires from afar, exchanging threats with angered and fearful civilians, not passing a few words with a drunk in an alleyway who would no doubt pass off his appearance as a dream... no, he was talking with someone completely coherent, who seemed to genuinely want to be in his presence, who was not only willing to accept his ignorance of simple social conventions without comment but also show him how to do them.... She had given him his space when he needed, and embraced him when she felt he needed comfort... And it did not escape his notice how she had addressed his body more than his head - not out of disgust, he had realized, but to avoid making him self-conscious, a feeling that came so easily to him when someone looked at his face even when helmeted.

He opened his eyes and after moving his hand through her long hair, put both hands on her shoulders. "Thank you, Athena... for being so kind... and for showing me this. I won't ever forget it," he said softly. He knew now what emotion was plaguing him. It was gratitude... immense gratitude and pure joy.

With: Athena and Edgar
OOC:

User Image User Image

Princess Legion

44,450 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Team Peyo 25
User Image

User Image
Quoth the Raven
Shove off!

Feeling his presence small and unnoticed, Ed stuck his nails into Athena's collarbone, enough only to get her attention. "Master Athena...I'm feeling smothered... She paid no mind, snuggling into the man. There was warmth surrounding them, very unlike she would expect considering he was a child of the shadows and darkness. They tended to be cold-blooded...Heartless creatures. But he clearly wasn't heartless, she realized. Unless her ears were tricking her, with her head pressed against his chest, she heard the familiar thudding of a very certain organ that pumped life into all who had one that worked. "I know you're nervous, dear spirit. I can assure you're safe with me, no one is here to hurt you.""Maybe not you, but if you don't get me out of here, I will peck his eyes out!"

Focusing back on the way he held her, she knew at first that he didn't seem to like it. Maybe if she stuck with it long enough...And when his words rolled off his tongue, she couldn't help but grin ear to ear. Though, the words 'my lady' made the heat rise immensely in her cheeks. She had never heard someone call her that...Though it was only partially true, she couldn't have expected that he know she was only lady part the time. He was growing fond of the gesture, she could tell, in the way his muscles weren't so taut and stiff. His breathing and heart rate slowed. How could she tell all this beyond just feeling the physical change?

His fingers moved through her hair and her wings shivered...His touch was gentle, almost as if he was simply admiring her hair, afraid to ruin it. It took all her energy to not beg him to continue. Her hair was a soft spot for her, the most comforting gesture one could make toward her was to simply comb it or run their fingers through it ever so slowly. She opened her eyes as his hands came down on her shoulders. Behind her, she heard his voice speaking to her, thanking her for everything. She felt proud for a moment. She had changed this man's life...A man whose name never once entered the conversation. He was still a stranger, and yet, she had made such an impact on his demeanour already.

Facing him still, she couldn't help but giggle. Such an intimate moment they had shared. She felt she needed to perhaps break the awkwardness that would ensue shortly after. "You are most welcomed. There is a strong bond I share with spirits, if you weren't sure. I am a valkyrie, former servant of the gods. Though I don't have spirit empathy per se, I can feel most every emotion and change in spirits. I don't believe you have given me your name."

Her words were soft and inviting, not pressing should he not want to give that information away. She didn't care much either way, but part of her still wanted his company and companionship. He was special, to say the least; and to teach him something so simple made the happiness in her chest bubble again. The girl stepped away from his body, taking his wrist lightly in her little hand. She could hardly wrap her hand around his wrist-in fact, her fingers didn't touch. She walked over toward the horse and his head, springing up to his level. Athena brushed her lips gently across his cheek, biting her lip as she landed again. Perhaps he would ask what that gesture was...She sure hoped he did.

She turned back to his body, feeling more comfortable addressing him this way-in addition to not wanting him to feel overly embarrassed about what she had just done. She knew that, should he blush, he wouldn't want her to see it."If my observations and inferences are correct, you've never been socialized. I know what this is like. And to be quite clear and honest, I am not so great at it myself. Edgar has been my sole and enduring companion for nearly thirty five years. But..."

She tripped on her words, for once...Was it too much to suggest this? What if he said no and walked away from her? Would she be okay? Truth be told, she already trusted him not to judge her or hurt her...She hardly knew him, but there wasn't anything about him that indicating a variant nature to what she was seeing and experiencing currently. Taking a deep breathe, she began again, "I want to learn how to do this together. Please, say no right now if you truly don't think it a good idea or if you don't want this-or if your horse friend doesn't want this. He matters too! Of course...Of course he matters... I'm sure this is just a ridiculous..."

She felt herself getting flustered, saying stupid things as she stared at the ground. Her eyebrows were pulled together as she thought more and more what a child she must look like to him. "Princess...He likes you. You have given him a chance. Can't you see that?" Edgar chirped softly to her, hopping his way to the edge of her shoulder. It was then that his words struck her. He likes me? That couldn't be true...That was a ridiculous thought. Yet, how often had Edgar been wrong? Unruly as he was, he was still her voice of reason when she doubted herself.

The valkyrie looked up at his body, her mouth slowly turning right side up again into a more certain smile. "What I mean to say is, will you two have us for company awhile longer?. There is comfort in conquering a fear with someone by your side, encouraging you rather than judging." Athena took his hand, sliding her little fingers between his so they were interlocked. She squeezed it gently, hoping he would agree. "This is hand-holding. Depending on context, it could be a romantic gesture-which I assure you is not my intention-or a friendly gesture. I do this as a sign of strength and comfort for your sake and mine alike." Her words were quiet and soothing, dancing out of her mouth to the open air where they stood. The forest was otherwise silent, the privacy they were given she could only be grateful for.
Kairi Nightingale

All we do is hide away
All I did was fail today

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff