Welcome to Gaia! ::

Queen_Nyssa's Waifu

Biggest Anubutt

19,850 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Survivor 150
I work a pretty physically demanding job. It's easy mind you, but on average I'm walking and lifting around 20-50 pounds sporadically throughout a ten hour day, so I'd rather not have to come home and work out following that (though I wouldn't mind doing so on days I don't have to work or short days). So, does anyone know any methods I could use that were say all natural that are pretty solid ways of losing weight along with my daily grind?

I currently weigh about 160ish and I'm 5'3" . I'd like to get down to between 135ish . Its about the weight I was prior to having my son and I felt pretty comfortable there. Thanks in advance for any tips!
My advice to you will be to drink plenty of water, Concentrate on ur fruits and veggies.Have a well balanced diet
Choose food that are low in calories and fat but high in nutrients.
Hope dis helps smile

Queen_Nyssa's Waifu

Biggest Anubutt

19,850 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Survivor 150
nucleushappy
My advice to you will be to drink plenty of water, Concentrate on ur fruits and veggies.Have a well balanced diet
Hope dis helps smile

Should I try to eat more? I've only been eating like a sandwich or two and a small bag of chips a day since I started two weeks ago. Maybe a pack of ramen which I know is super unhealthy lol

Beloved Beau

I'm also working on loosing weight, what has helped me ALOT is calorie counting, 1200-1500calories is what you need to sustain yourself, eat more regularly throughout the day, and I know its a pain to make time for, but breakfast is really important I can't stress that enough. You should also be walking a min of 10000 steps a day. To help you track your calories I highly recommend myfitnesspal, and journal, journaling is the only way to ensure you're following your new lifestyle.
Between counting my calorie intake and joining the gym I've lost to date 30lbs, my start date was mid April.
Hope this was somewhat informative, good luck with your new lifestyle and I wish you all the best.

Dapper Ladykiller

Valkines Cryas
nucleushappy
Hope dis helps smile

Should I try to eat more? I've only been eating like a sandwich or two and a small bag of chips a day since I started two weeks ago. Maybe a pack of ramen which I know is super unhealthy lol

Sandwiches, chips, and ramen do NOT make a balanced diet. Im watching what I eat, and heres a sample of my day:

Morning: Protein shake
Snack: 1oz almonds (or 24-28 nuts, or 160cal)
Lunch: Garden salad with greens, carrots, tomato, cucumber, celery, chicken breast, poppyseed dressing, some frozen fruit, maybe some crackers
Optional snack: Beef jerky or something like popcorn
Dinner: Big bowl of soup or a veggie chili, maybe a fish filet if Im feeling meaty.

All of that equals to about 1200 calories, which is probably less than youre eating now, and I get to eat way more food!

Genius

9,750 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Avoid sweet beverages like juice or soda, cut soft cheeses out of your diet, stop eating 3 hours before bedtime, and consider snacking on celery or carrots.

7,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
General rule: eat less! But you knew this already wink So a few more specific tips that might help:

Eat breakfast. A bowl of non-sugary cereal with milk, OR some toast, OR some fruit. It will kick start your metabolism for the day and stop you from craving a larger lunch.

No sodas. The sugary versions will pile on pounds without you even realising. The sugar-free versions are filled with sweeteners that are bad for your teeth and confuse your body.

No fruit juice. It is not a health food. It has as much sugar as soda. It lacks the nutritional content of a piece of fruit and is heavily processed. That being said...

Don't drink just water. Water is great but it gets boring really fast. Try...
-Squash
-Tea. Fruit teas, green teas and decaf tea is great. Avoid sweetened ice tea; it is not a healthy drink.
-Ice water. Add a mint leaf to make it really refreshing.
-Fruit-infused water. You could add a splash of fruit juice, or put fruit in a water jug in the fridge overnight, or squeeze in a lemon, for a hint of flavour.

Don't overestimate calories burned through exercise. An hour of walking burns ~200 calories. An hour of sitting doing nothing burns ~75. You did not earn an extra cookie because you walked for an hour.

Get 8 hours sleep every day. Your body will thank you, and you won't be tempted by midnight snacks.

Portion control. Eat smaller portions. Have your normal meals, but have half of what you had before. You don't need to feel stuffed at every meal, it just needs to keep you going until the next meal.

Good luck! Fixing your diet is way more important that exercise for losing weight, so you've started with the right attitude smile

Dapper Humorist

Genkai taught me well
Avoid sweet beverages like juice or soda, cut soft cheeses out of your diet, stop eating 3 hours before bedtime, and consider snacking on celery or carrots.

This is over simplified bolocks to be really honest.
http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/how-to-lose-fat/

Genius

9,750 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Ivan Isaacss
Genkai taught me well

This is over simplified bolocks to be really honest.
http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/how-to-lose-fat/

tldr
A lot of the advice in this thread is directly on point, and it would be a bit redundant for me to recount it.

I would add, one very effective thing I personally did was to cut out added sugar from my diet. By that, I mean, don't eat anything additionally sweetened. So, no candy, ice cream, soda, fruit juice... etc.

However, we're naturally wired to crave sugar. So, whenever you find yourself craving sugar, eat a sweet fruit that you like, like a Fuji apple, grapes, a mango, or some other fruit.

Best of luck!
Most anyone will tell you right off the bat that your diet is the most important part of weight loss. Based on what you are saying it sounds to me like you are not eating enough. If you regularly lift heavy objects at work and workout but are not losing weight you might want to look at your caloric intake. If you are not taking in enough energy to function then you will not have the energy required to burn off the extra calories. That is the first place I would look, as counter intuitive as it sounds.

Lonely Hunter

rhino_loupe

Unrelated, but I clicked on the 'Free Rice' link on your signature and it's a very nice idea. Good for you for spreading the word biggrin

Unicorn

➟ I am - 5uu - !
            Try having a healthy diet! Or you could try to fast. Fast means doesn't eat for around 13 / 14 hours. But you don't have to do that. Eat something heavy at breakfast, don't eat anything for 5 hours [ biscuits or plain water / fruits are allowed ]. Then at 8 p.m, you could eat normally again. But don't take so much!

Frozen Fairy

stop eating sugar

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas